[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've heard complaints about there not being enough puzzles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1488382183620.png (9KB, 454x288px) Image search: [Google]
1488382183620.png
9KB, 454x288px
So I've heard complaints about there not being enough puzzles in new Pokemon games, but I'm wondering just what do people mean by that? Do they want more ice puzzles? Make the block pushing more complex? Some sort of maze? I mean Pokemon has never really been renowned for its puzzles in the first place.
>>
Pokemon has never been renowned for its puzzles, so let's just remove them entirely.
Pokemon has never been renowned for its dungeons, so let's just remove them entirely.
Pokemon has never been renowned for its towns, so let's just remove them entirely.
Pokemon has never been renowned for its story, so let's half-ass a really bad one and shove it down their throats until they start to think they like it because of the cute waifu telling them how awesome they are.
>>
Any puzzle for legendary pokemon is fine, it's stupid low attention span American kids that couldn't find Arceus in HGSS

>I mean Pokemon has never really been renowned for its puzzles in the first place.
Not an argument for removing them completely
>>
>>33264027
I agree with all of your post except for the last point. Sun/Moon had the best story of any pokemon game and I wouldn't even fuck Lillie.
>>
>>33264030
I mean I'm not calling for them to be removed, I'm just asking what a good puzzle in Pokemon would constitute.
>>
>>33264041
>Sun/Moon had the best story of any pokemon game
pfffffhahahahahahaha
>>
Ice puzzles
Strength puzzles
Spinning tile puzzles
Teleporter puzzles
Regi puzzle
Bike challenge in Sky Pillar

Often in previous games even just navigating through the area before the legendary can be a challenge. SM had none of thie except for the desert for finding Tapu Bulu. Even XY at least kept most of the puzzle and dungeon design intact.
>>
>>33264068
>Teleporter puzzles
No fuck that DUDE JUST GUESS LMAO shit
>>
>>33264045
quality post, thanks for making me understand your point of view. I will reconsider my previous claim after I take the time to digest all of what you had to say.
>>
>>33264076
>guess
It's trial and error, brainlet.
>>
>>33264076
There hasn't been any "DUDE JUST GUESS LMAO" puzzles, dumbass

>>33264079
Quality reply for quality opinion. Besides, you're just here to defend every gamefreak's decision, you don't deserve a proper reply.
>>
>>33264083
>brute forcing your way through something that you have no way of knowing which path is correct until you just so happen to get it right is a good puzzle
fuck off
>>
>>33263986
When someone talks of puzzles in Pokemon, I assume they speak of the celestial tower in Emerald of that submerged castle in Black/White, for example.

Those dungeons offered complex overworld challenges without changing the gameplay entirely, as in : You have use your available tools (walking, running, HMs...) in a creative way if you want to get whatever lies ahead.

This is something Sun and Moon lacked a bit. Granted, some trials offered such puzzles, but they were rare and very short. I was a disappointed when I saw the only obstacles before the Tapus were roughly 5 blocks to push. I expected a bit more, especially with the lore behind those Pokemon.

Tapu Fini's "trial of the mist", mentioned in the Pokemon website, is a example of what could have been implemented : a huge pink fog covering the room, reducing your vision and your Pokemon's accuracy in battle (expect if you have defog).
>>
>>33264097
>celestial tower
>Emerald
uh, did you mean Sky Pillar?
>>
>>33264102
It's been a while + French to English translation is a bitch
>>
>>33264114
Wait so what do you frogs call the Celestial Tower if you call Sky Pillar Celestial Tower?
>>
>>33263986
The Regi puzzles were the best the series ever had to making you feel like an explorer because they're entirely missable but they're not obtuse. Newer games just have the legendary in a one-room cave.
>>
>>33265559
>not obtuse
>>
>>33265583
Unless you were special education and couldn't recognize braille when you see it, yes, they weren't obtuse.
>>
File: 1502379954896.gif (675KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502379954896.gif
675KB, 750x500px
>>33263986
Personally I found the Alph and Regi puzzles to be adequate in Gen II and III.

Gen IV+ didn't really have puzzles as much as >implying memes, to eventually none at all.

Things that require me to sit down and actively resist Google are good puzzles. So long as the hints are adequate in-game.

Even as a youngster with Gen III I found it really cool that something I learned in real life could let me find new Pokemon.
>>
>>33264045
I think so, too
It's not like the other ones even tried
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.