[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Z-moves unpopular enough to remove in Gen 8?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0421.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0421.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>>
>>33263747
M. Evos will never go, but Z-Moves might. It's not unrealizable that they'll not make or reuse Z-Move stuff in the Switch title.
>>
>>33263757
Of course, Mega Evolutions are forms. You can never remove forms.
>>
I'm sure Z-moves are going to stay in gen 7, Megas were literally new forms for pokemon but Z-moves are just moves.
>>
Oh c'mon :<

This kind of design philosophy is exactly what made SM such a disappointment.

RIP Z-Moves? RIP Poke-Ride? RIP Poke-Pelago? FFS dude...
>>
File: 1500001909744.png (118KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1500001909744.png
118KB, 540x304px
All I can say is I'm glad Masuda was the one that worked on Mega Evolution.

Still do, wouldn't that mean scrapping completely new moves and a feature they've been building up as "the replacement to Mega Evolution"?
>>
>>33263747
Let's see if GF bothers to have other Z-Moves besides two new ones for Solgaleo and Lunala. That will be a real indicator.
>>
>>33263747
Link to interview?
>>
>>33263767
More importantly, RIP fucking PSS system, I hope they bring it back in next gen
>>
>>33263776
It's from the magazine. I took a snapshot from the magazine on my phone.
>>
>>33263765
>>
>>33263767
>>33263779
Game Freak is well known for removing features from the games. Ironically, they remove only the good ones.
>>
>>33263793
Not true. They removed gen 5's shit bottom screen thing, HGSS' halfassed following Pokemon system and Pokewalker, DPPt's abominable Super Contests and Underground... plenty of bad features have gone away along with the good.
>>
>>33263789
did they seriously not even ask about USUM?
>>
>>33263792
...and spike-eared pichu, this doesn't make a point. Until now, if a form stays for more than one gen, it would have stayed with us forever. If the form isn't kept in the next gen, it's gone. Your point could make sense if we were still in gen6, but if they decided to keep them, we're stuck with megas.
Though, i hope they decide to merge all mega-stones in one single item so i don't have to cry my eyes out to gather every single one again, on Switch.
>>
>>33263802
>HGSS' halfassed following Pokemon system
Greato baito baitero-kun
>>
Z-moves are one feature I am looking forward to their removal.
>>
>>33263842
same here anon
>>
>>33263802
All of these were fine except the contests
>>
Couldn't care less. Still want them to return for those who enjoy their existence.
>>
>>33263802
>halfassed Pokemon following
I'd like to hear how you think they could whole ass it
>>
>>33263765
They're item-based so they can remove them if they want to.
>>
I like the idea of z moves but I could live without the animation dance that comes with them. its just a one time item that can be used to massively increase the power of moves that match the type of your pokemon. that could be done without the dance
>>
>>33263894
I personally like some of the dances, like Fairy and Psychic
>>
>>33263747
They're talking more about trials, not Z Moves
>>
>>33263852
Don't get me wrong it was an okay idea (better than Megas), they just executed it a little bad.

>>33263894
that would be ideal
>>
>>33263789
Can u provide more? plz
>>
>>33263802
> HGSS' halfassed following Pokemon system and Pokewalker
>And Pokewalker

The Pokewalker was one of the most accurate pedometers at the time and was reused for Wii Fit U as an activity tracker, hoss.
>>
Meh. Not like many of the slow pokemon around will ever get the chance to use them when they get one shotted by faster pokemon
>>
>>33263802
Bait
>>
>>33263747
>it depends on what kind of game we want to make
you mean the same game you've been making for the past 20 years
>>
>>33263747
>When asked if it was a tease of what to expect in the future, Ohmori laughed it off saying, "I don't

DON'T WHAT?

WHAT DID HE SAY?
>>
>>33263747
Habe the mega stones?
>>
>>33264071
"I don't think so."

They've said multiple times that a Gen1 remake isn't gonna happen.

Would actually be pretty neat to have an "open world" all-Japan regions.
But I think we'd need the northern half of the "mainland" before they could do that.
Not that they would.
>>
>>33264071
he said lillie going to kanto was some thematic meaningless shit to show fleeting human relationships and going on an adventure blabla
And yes, he said "I don't think so but you never know wat future brings" when asked if that's a hint for things to come
>>
File: 1466057213471.png (192KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
1466057213471.png
192KB, 336x418px
>>33264071
"I don't know, haha."
It's spreading.
>>
>>33263747
No-one uses them anyway. At least not competitively.
>>
>>33263747

It's Currently unknown at the moment.
>>
File: 400x400.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
400x400.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>33264235
>No-one uses them anyway. At least not competitively.
>>
>>33264239
Lower ladder fodder trash doesn't count. By that logic Furfrou is OU since i saw that piece of shit on the low ladder.
>>
>>33264246
You can't be serious
>>
>>33264250
They're not worth the item slot sacrifice.
>>
>>33264246
Whats even the point of making a comment? You clearly have no idea what youre talking about. Why pretend?
>>
>>33264262
Same goes for you. Z-moves are almost always worthless. There's nothing a Z-move does that a specs or band move can't.
>>
>>33264273
Literally the first set of the absolute most used Pokemon in SM shows it using a Z move that acts differently than if it were to be Banded. A quick glance would prove you wrong.

You literally dont even play and are pretending to have knowledge.
>>
>>33264273
please stop being a faggot. People don't want to be choice locked when they can use a z-move for a particular pokemon.
>>
>>33264298
>>33264300
Being choiced hasn't been a problem for over a decade now. You don't need a oneshot HARDER move when you have banded/specced moves. Stop pretending you shit about comp Pokemon.
>>
>>33264320
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/landorus-therian/

first. set.
>>
>>33264246
>no one uses z moves

Objectively and verifiably wrong.

http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-07/moveset/gen7ou-0.txt
>>
They'll only be made available post game in gen 8 I guess
>>
Honestly, removal of Z-moves would probably do the franchise good in the long term.
>>
>>33264256
Remember when people said the same thing about Mega Stones? Oh how the wheelsl spins around. Also
>Z-moves are used by low ladder shitters
Look at him, look at him and laugh.
>>
>>33264496
>I want less content
GF dick suckers, everyone
>>
>>33264508
>I want less bad content

FTFY
>>
>>33264508
Actual GF dick suckers would defend z-moves.
>>
>>33264523
by removing z moves you remove good content retard
>>
>>33264566
>z moves are good content
GF dick suckers, everyone
>>
>>33264566
>extremely poorly designed mechanic that only makes strong pokemon stronger and weak pokemon weaker
>good content
>>
>>33264542
>>33264572
Let me guess, you got swept by a Z-move abuser?
>>
>>33264575
>weak pokemon weaker
no it doesnt
>>
>>33264576
Hope your throats not too sore, anon. USUM's just around the corner, gonna need to get ready for another round.
>>
>>33264596
Meh
>>
Have they ever removed major core battle mechanics? I doubt Z moves are going anywhere, at worst they'll just keep the ones that exist and never add new ones. Can't waste all that effort they put into those spiffy animations.

I'm indifferent on Z-moves as a whole but I don't feel they really added that much to the game. A couple big damage nukes and maybe one or two interesting niche status Z-moves. Mega Evolution designs were hit or miss for me but game mechanics wise they were a lot more of a shake up.

Whatever the case I hope they spend Gen 8 adding more Mega Evolutions and maybe unique Z-Moves instead of trying to come up with some fancy new mechanic to market. There's only so much you can add to a turn-based RPG system that doesn't feel tacked on.
>>
>>33264592
Yes it does, relatively speaking. It widens the power gap considerably. Strong pokemon now have yet another option, strenghtening their versatility, and giving even less reason to use lower tier pokemon.
>>
>>33264602
It also gives weaker pokemon the same option
>>
>>33264598
This. Z-Moves were marketed a ton, they took a lot of effort to make, and they have a bit of use. I can see them being replacements for Badges in future games, or just locked behind a Battle Tower's shop in the post-game.
>>
The gems are the closest thing to battle mechanics Gamefreak has ever removed. Z-moves aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>33264683
Wonder why they're still out anyway. I assume they thought they were overpowered, but that's not the case anymore since they're inferior to Z-moves in almost every way. They can get knocked off and can't hit through protect. Unburden is the only niche left to them.
>>
They should just keep Z-Moves and Mega Evolution and end those kind of features. Keep adding weird features like that and the game will just get too big.
>>
>>33264719

The Alola tease in XY makes me think they already had Z-moves in mind so they took away all but one nerfed gem in XY to prepare the fanbase for their replacement.
>>
>>33264719
they also had Acrobatics and attacks didnt lose the ability to hit both opponents in doubles
>>
>>33264734
Yeah the game's item list especially is already really bloated. They really need to clean up the way inventory is sorted and I hope whatever gameplay gimmick they come up with in Gen 8 won't involve hold items.
>>
>>33263891

It's really not that simple and you know it. They'd never remove them from the game, because they yield pokemon that have enormous impact on the game.
>>
>>33264666
> they have a bit of use

Going by Smogon maybe. In VGC it's a staple. VGC is also the only competitive format GF cares or pretends to care about at least. So in their eyes it should be a massive succes. That's not a stab at smogon btw, i like smogon/showdown. But GF will never balance shit around 6v6 single battles.
>>
>>33264246
What rank are you anon, show us some replays. You can really be THAT stupid
>>
>>33263747
Relegated to the back burner like Megas outside of 6th gen.
>>
>>33263747
>what is reading comprehension
He's not talking about removing Z-moves. He's talking about keeping stuff like them and the trials the focus of the games, instead of just going back to the gym roots. What's going to happen is >>33266659 by the looks of things. They'll still be there, just nowhere near the level of focus they had in SM.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.