[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trial and Totem Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7563.png (721KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7563.png
721KB, 894x894px
I'd be an Electric Trial Captain. My trial is to navigate through a field of Alolan Geodude and Gravler's to face the Totem, Alolan Golem. The totem is very impatient, so it slams its body on the ground to set off some explosions.

The totem battle isn't easy either. It gets a boost to Defense and will use Protect. It'll then summon a Magneton holding a Terrain Extender to use Electric Terrain. After that, it'll use Rock Polish, then go on an all out attack with Rock Blast and Thunder Punch. If the Magneton goes down, it'll summon an Emolga that'll use Ion Deluge, Taunt, Roost and Nuzzle.

What ideas do you guys have?
>>
congrats anon

you broke the game
>>
>>33258605
>Mudsdale used Bulldoze!
>>
>>33258676
>Totem Golem used Protect!
>>
I would be an dark type captain. As totem pokemon I would choose Zoroark.

The trial would see the trainer trying to follow Zoroark through a labyrinth like forest. Whenever the trainer enters a new area he sees other trainers and pokemon. He then has to guess which one of these is the disguised Zoroark. If he fails, he has to battle the trainer/pokemon, while Zoroark escapes to the next area.

Since the trial takes place in a dark forest, Shiftry is its partner pokemon. Shiftry will use Torment, Embargo, Nasty Plot and Swords Dance. Zoroark will use Dark Pulse, Taunt, Sucker Punch and Psych Up.

With Torment and Taunt, the trainer's pokemon can only use attacks (but not the same one twice in a row), which Zoroark can use for Sucker Punch. Furthermore Shiftry will push its stats with Nasty Plots and Swords Dance, while at one point, Zoroark will copy this stats with psych-up.
>>
Totem Araquanid
Bug Type Trial
You have to flee from an angry Pinsir. You can flee using your Tarrus, but soon, after the chase begins, it begins to rain. After you corner the Pinsir, the Pinsir looks behind you and flees using Dig. Confused, you turn around to see the Totem Araquanid, who is massive. (You pray that this is the friendly one the dex talks about)

Totem Araquanid gets a speed boost, and uses Stockpile like a saint. It'll summon a Ribombee with Speed Swap and Pollen Puff to assist in the trial.
>>
>>33258605
It's better than the Electric trial we got.
>>
>>33258794
I hope USUM redeems itself with the Togedemaru trial
>>
>>33259133
hopefully the togedemaru has an air balloon, a shuca berry, or a Lanturn as an ally
>>
Dragon Trial
Takes place on Exegguttor Island
You have to steal Exeggcutes from the Totem.
This totem is incredibly angry, and will summon Drizzle Pelipper and support Exeggcute with the Powders.
>>
>>33259276
>Totem literally throws its angry heads at you

Yes
>>
>>33258605
Ghost trail captian would be my choice, with walking into a libary and further into room representing stories, the fights there would follow suit with the tales, first a detective novel with a scrafty, then a sci-fi book with beeheyem, and finally a old fairy tale facing a druddigon, at the end you return to the main area, and are greeted by the totom pokemon of a chandelure, of which was hanging above, it's sumons are from the previous three books, exactly being the scrafty, beheyeem, and druddigon from them, as it throws shadow balls and flamethrowers with it's +1 Special attack and speed!
>>
>>33258696
>protect stalling
So? Magneton cant touch it either. Then both get Bulldozed
>>
File: 1500345780910.jpg (446KB, 1289x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1500345780910.jpg
446KB, 1289x1400px
My idea was that if they add in more water routes, it would be cool to have a spooky Ghost Ship Graveyard where we can find tons of ghost and water types, like Dhelmise everywhere, It could be an expanded area from Route 14 on Ula'Ula Island since it was slightly leaning towards that aesthetic already

Kinda like Sea Mauville/Abandonded Ship, we can explore the ruins of some ships, come across some deepestlore and maybe come across whatever it was that sunk them

It could be a reworked version of the water type trial with Wishiwashi, or a Ghost type Trial with Dhelmise

We surf into the shipyard, explore around, scrounging up notes that the sailors and pirates left behind, encountering the little Wishiwashi, Jellicent and Dhelmise around the wreckage as the rain and music start creeping up

We get to the very end of the forgotten shipyard, flash of lightning and wham
Totem Wishiwashi/Dhelmise erupts from the wreckage
>>
>>33259688
10/10
>>
I'd probably be a Poison Trial Captian.
My trial would be to fight get rid of Alolan Grimers and Trubbish on an beach by fighting them. Step in any slime and your Pokémon will become poisoned.
You assume their is a piece of trash left but it's Totem Toxapex

The Totem Battle raises Toxapex SpDef. Have the moves Baneful Bunker, Venoshock, Recover and Liqudiation with ability Merciless

Skrelp is his first minion with Poison Touch. WaterPulse, Sludgebomb, Smokescreen and Feint Attack It Spams WaterPulse and Smokescreen.

Gloom is the second partner. With Lucky Chant, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder and Giga Drain. If Already Poisoned then it will use Giga Drain and Lucky Chant. If it's a Steel type it will go for Sleep Powder
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>33259812
That gives me flashbacks to this

Maybe all the Grimer and Trubbish are mucking up Hano Beach and you slowly see the Totem Toxapex rise out of the sea as you try and clean them up as even more come out to get you
>>
Normal Trial
Trial takes place in a jungle/forest type place, with little huts/tents scattered around the area. I stand outside a large one and ask you to track down a specific item for me.
Trial itself is a trading/fetch quest.

You have to trade items with various people around the trial site, some of which are dead ends that give items that nobody else wants(you can keep them for yourself though)
Some people will only agree to trade items if you can beat them in battle.

Eventually you successfully gather the item I would ask for at the start of the trial, which ends up being some kind of Extra-Strength Awakening/Chesto Berry thing. I take it and walk into the large tent/hut thing to awaken the totem Pokemon. A moment later a larger than average Slaking tiredly stumbles out of the tent and half-heartedly begins a battle.

Slaking(aura: +2 Special Defense)Holding Sitrus Berry
Truant ability
Body Slam
Shadow Claw
Power-Up Punch
Slack Off(or Amnesia)

Support Pokemon called by Slaking
Swoobat holding Light Clay
Simple Ability
Skill Swap
Reflect
Light Screen
Embargo

Audino holding Quick Claw
Healer Ability
Heal Pulse
Heal Bell
Toxic
Helping Hand
>>
>>33259924
>>33258605
These would make me throw my 3DS across the room.
>>
>>33260057
>Toxapex used Haze!
>>
Totem Minior
The trial consists of avoiding falling Rock types, until one giant Minior falls from the sky.
Boost to all stats.
Summons support Carbrink and Gigalith.
>>
File: regigigas.jpg (39KB, 336x232px) Image search: [Google]
regigigas.jpg
39KB, 336x232px
Regi Trial
Supertotem Regigigas
You have to go through three dungeons based on each lesser Regi's type. At the end of each dungeon you have to fight a totem Regi. The Regis focus on buffing their defense & special defense and they summon a glass cannon to protect them.
After all three lesser Regis are defeated a new dungeon opens up. The final test is a triple battle against the trio. If you beat the trio under 5 turns, Regigigas will have Slow Start for the remainder of turns. Gigas's totem boost won't activate until it gets its act back together. Totem boost raises def & sp def. Gigas summons, you guessed it, the lesser Regis.

Rev up those punch orbs.
>>
>psychic trial
the trial captain is also the totem. An oranguru has you solve several riddles before you can challenge it.
Totem oranguru @ mental herb
+1 in every stat
>instruct
>Psychic
>foul play
>psych up
>can summon up to 2 passimian that know
>close combat
>Bulk up
>Scary face
>Double-Edge
>>
Water type. You have to feed a few (somewhere between 5 and 10) Popplios a bunch of PokeBeans and play with them a bit to raise their affection. Totem is Primarina with a SpA boost, it uses Scald, Moonblast, Psychic, and Ice Beam. It summons Popplios that use only supporting moves.
>>
Chess. Just a game of Poke-chess. Kinda like from Harry Poter 1.
Though if you fail you dont get as much XP/Money/items from the totem fight.
>>
File: islandchallenge.png (2MB, 1050x970px) Image search: [Google]
islandchallenge.png
2MB, 1050x970px
>>
>>33258605
Electric trial. It's exactly the same as it is in SM, except Vikavolt actually knows special moves.
>>
I would be Fighting type and my trial would include sealing the challengers away in a dark cave where they would have to meditate until Totem Bewear snaps their spine and pops their eyes out. You know, because cuddling.
>>
I was thinking that a Poison trial could be interesting.
It would start out with a maze in a sewer system where you move pipes around to change the path. There would be several layers and each time you finish you descend. Alolan Grimer and Tentacool would also guard the switches, forcing you to battle them to access the switch. In honor of the poison chip damage effect in earlier generations, water would flow through the sewer and restart the layer after a certain number of steps. Once you get to the final layer, you battle the Totem Toxapex.
Toxapex: Aura boosts Special Attack and Special Defense and it has the ability Merciless. Its moves would be Toxic, Venoshock, Liquidation, and Recover. The idea would be to poison your team and then chip them down with Venoshock and Liquidation.
Toxapex would call wild Tentacruel and Alolan Muk to help it.
The Tentacruel would have Acid Spray, Wrap, Brine, and Wring Out. Acid Spray and Wrap would chip your Pokemon down and prevent them from switching out. Wring Out would deal high damage to health Pokemon, and Brine would pick off weakened Pokemon. They would have the Liquid Ooze ability.
The Muk would have Gunk Shot, Knock Off, Venom Drench, and Acid Spray. Gunk Shot and Knock Off would harass the player with status and item removal, Venom Drench would make Toxapex even more bulky, and Acid Spray would again lower Special Defense. They would have the Poison Touch ability.
Probably not the hardest Trial but a boosted Toxapex would be an irritating boss to fight. Initially I was going to give it boosted Defense instead of Special Attack but that seems a little too annoying.
>>
Flying type trial
It would be in a specialized meadow that has all the nectar to change oricorio forms. I would ask you to collect 3 of each nectar. You would battle wild oricorio and fearow that swoop from trees . As you gather 2 of each nectar, I'll tell you that the last bit of the nectar is near a giant tree on a steep incline. As you pick up the last of the nectar, a giant pom-pom oricorio swoops out of the tree. It gains a boost to all stats and calls in skarmory and machoke. Skarmory sets up hazards and whirlwinds you out if given the chance while machoke uses bulk up, low sweep, dual chop, and counter.Oricorio uses air cutter, teeter dance, double slap and feather dance.
>>
>>33259924
Earthbound? Reminds me of the monkey maze
>>
>>33258721
Thats a good one, far more fun
>>
>>33258721
This would also be a pretty cool way for a cameo from N
Have one of the Zoroarks disquize as him as a reference to it being a pokemon he's associated with and all those fan theories that were out back then that N actually was one
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.