[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vp/ think of Mythical Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1501179590142.jpg (166KB, 750x680px) Image search: [Google]
1501179590142.jpg
166KB, 750x680px
What does /vp/ think of Mythical Pokemon?
>>
>>33256230
Does deoxys count as a mythical still because of ORAS?
>>
>>33256230
I like them and the concept, just wish they gave them away more often and not only in Japan
>>
>>33256235
don't think so, it wasn't given away during #Pokemon20 event
>>
Making someone else draw the official artworks was a terrible mistake. Marshadow looks from another franchise. :(
>>
>>33256230
They would be perfectly fine if they were distributed more outside of Japan. Now they are just an incentive to cheat.
>>
>>33256230
Hate the concept, put them all in difficult to find and traverse dungeons and naturally in-game, not locked behind an event and handed to you by a clerk in the pokemon center.

That said, a lot of them explore cool ideas in the games, like volcanion and marshadow's type combos, Deoxys bonkers stat distributions and Darkrai and Magearna's abilities
>>
>>33256322
Arceus, Darkrai and Shaymin were good events.
>>
>>33256235
Decoxys is an alien, so as a Pokémon it's own 'legendary', same with the Tapu's (they aren't mythical, nor legendary, but special).
>>
>>33256382
You still only had one shot

Giving players access to something as cool as that only once per cartridge and only for cartridges that got the event is really frustrating
>>
The only thing I liked is that they would have special areas to get them like Birth Island or New Moon Island, at least that made getting them sort of fun and interesting. Except after Gen 5, they stopped dewing that and just have some guy hand them to you in the center.
The distribution shit is annoying and it's not like you can get them on the GTS either so I would rather just Gen one and call it a day.
>>
File: Aurora Ticket.png (79KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Aurora Ticket.png
79KB, 720x480px
They're technically still available through the original methods if you have flashcarts, since the distribution cartridge roms are available online. For Gen 3, 4, and 5 at least.
>>
>>33256230
I like deoxys, genesect, manaphy, volcanion, celebi
>>
>>33256230
I like deoxys, arceus, keldeo, mew, diancie, jirachi, shaymin, magearna, marshadow, manaphy, meloetta, and celebi because I want to fug them.
>>
>>33256230
Why are so many of them smol pixie things? Is it because Mew was the first one?
>>
>>33256230
Arbitrary classification for Legendary Pokemon that only exists because Game Freak doesn't know when too much is too much.
>>
>>33256401
That's not how it works
>>
>>33256401
No the tapus are legendary. Their backgrounds are green in the pokedex
>>
>>33256230
Why are they divided into two groups like that

What does it mean
>>
>>33256910
Large mythicals and small(pixie) mythicals
>>
>>33256235
When Deoxys is caught in ORAS a Special Ribbon appears as soon as you catch it, so it is STILL a Mythical Legendary.

>>33256297
It wasn't given away because they only cared about ORAS, the most recent game at the time, and ORAS already had a Deoxys on it.
>>
>>33256230
Where's Lycanroc-Dusk? It is technically a Mythical Pokémon also.
>>
>>33256235
Anon, OP's pic is from an official site less than a month ago

Of course it's still a Mythical
>>
>>33257496
Event exclusive =/= Mythical

Mythicals are legendaries obtained from events. Ash-Greninja, Dusk Lycanroc, AZ's Floette aren't legendaries.
>>
File: IMG_1039.jpg (155KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1039.jpg
155KB, 800x640px
>>33256401
>the Tapus aren't legendaries
>>
>>33256230
Disgusting cashgrabs. Literally every single one of them since Gen 4 has been nothing but bad excuses to shit out horrible movies and make events for them. Granted some Mythicals are cool enough, such as the "Pixies" or how Diancie might have helped make the Ultimate Weapon / Anistar Sundial and Magearna literally IS a miniature Ultimate Weapon, the rest are just pathetic filler that does absolutely nothing. Fuck Keldeo, fuck Meloetta, fuck Volcanion, fuck Marshadow, fuck etc.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.