[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck Game Freak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 352
Thread images: 21

What the fuck Game Freak
>>
Mr. Krabs left the restaurant business for Game Freak
>>
It's literally Ash-Lycanroc in everything but name and lack of Battle Bond.
>>
This is orange doggy was made for the sole purpose of being event distribution for the release of games

That's the state of gamefreak
>>
>>33254049

HAHAHAHA one of the only things we've seen from USUM and it's something we can only really get once, no wonder no effort went into giving it it's own model.
Well done on fucking up the franchise GF.
>>
>>33254049
What the absolute fuck?!

Why do they make such fucking weird creatively bankrupt decisions I can't tolerate this shit. It's not as if we have to pay for it, so how the fuck do they even benefit from this?!

Just have it evolve in the evening for fuck's sake, Game Freak.

Fuck, they make my blood boil. They have absolutely no interest in creating an immersive Pokémon world.
>>
FUCK!
>>
>>33254049

I know people say this but I'm genuine about it but I'm actually leaning towards not wasting $79.99 on these games, there has been NOTHING of worth to spend that kinda money on.
Do I want an orange midday Lycanroc for $80? HELL YES. Fuck off Gamefreak, someone who actually cares about the franchise needs to take over cause these fuckers are destroying it.
>>
>>33254049
Lets face it: once again its "anime exclusive" content, except this time its not called "Ash-Lycanroc" because it would be stupid to do it the exact same way. But overall its the same, a new form introduced in the anime, for the anime but the game gets it as a bonus via event
>>
File: kill me.png (263KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
263KB, 500x384px
>>33254059
>Ash gets Lyanroc-Dusk
>everyone comments on how special it is
>it'll do jack shit for the rest of the Alola arc
>>
Wow that's weird...Event only?

This game is looking less enticing by the reveal.
>>
>>33254097
>buying both of them

Literally why?
>>
>>33254049
Just another reason why USUM will be the same game as SM, just with different name :^)
>>
If that battle spinner mystery Pokemon is just this lynrock. Than what a huge waste
>>
>>33254049
What's the problem? poorfags BTFO, that's all, nothing of value was lost
>>
>>33254049
Yeah, this is seriously fucking retarded.

I actually like the Dusk form. Locking it to an event means no Egg moves, no shiny, no naming, nothing. Its shitty as fuck.
>>
>>33254160
Not an argument
>>
>>33254160
It means apart from being tedious to get it can't have egg moves which hurts it's already piss movepool
>>
>>33254163
And to think I was actually defending this form -_-
>>
>>33254160
Could you make it any more obvious that you're underage?
>>
>>33254160
>>33254165
This has nothing to do with being bro. I don't even get the argument

Schills calls people genwunner or PoorFags anytime they dont have points to defend gamefreak. Its weird
>>
>>33254163
>only moves in competitive are Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Crunch, and Accelerock
holy shit this thing is terrible. Even Midnight is gonna be better, since that thing has a high probability to get Gunk Shot and the punches from tutors.
>>
>>33254160
>poorfags BTFO

What the literal fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>33254163
pfffhahahahahahahaha what's the fucking point of this pokemon
>>
Brought this up in a previous thread, but still relevant.
Since this is just an event announcement, this basically means we still have NO new information regarding the current games.
Other games had special pokemon as tie ins, such as spiky eared pichu for the gen 2 remakes, or Cosplay pikachu for the pokemon contests, but this is just kind of there.
Like, okay it's between sunrise and sunset, but this event mon seems like the least relevent to anything, and is just kind of here.
>>
>>33254061
did anybody even like rickruff and lycanroc once the games were out?
>>
>>33254163
>No naming

Magaerna
>>
>>33254178
Yeah, I dont even fucking know.

Tough Claws was a decent ability. I know people were whining about Stone Edge not being compatible, but Accelerock gets damn strong with Tough Claws, and the Fang moves+Crunch actually become solid coverage moves.

Fucking Gamefreak, man. I swear, with everything they do its like a kick in the cock comes with it.
>>
>>33254186
i thought it was pretty cool, a pure rock type was nice, and it was an ok design, but i think they were trying to market it like Lucario?
Glad they didn't, but i feel like this is what they are trying to do with this form.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 185x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 185x268px
>>33254049
Here we go again
Giveaway generals will be hitting bump limits in minutes after that thing drops
>>
>>33254097
I don't like what am I seeing either, but you know, piracy exists for a reason

Haven't spent a dime on Sun and Moon and I sure as fuck won't spent a dime on the rehash with shit like this being one of the promoted features
>>
File: tenor.gif (761KB, 386x264px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
761KB, 386x264px
>>33254106
>it'll be one of his over-powered
>his signature move will be an exclusive Z-power
>uses said move in the final league battle but loses
>releases it to guard something/be free etc
>>
>>33254163
>>33254166
Friendly reminder that they can give event Pokemon any moves they want and the last Lycanroc distribution came with egg moves.

>>33254189
>implying it won't have ash as the ot
>>
>>33254236
>>33254189
These are true. If I recall, Munchlax was name-able as well.

Still booty blasted about no shiny, though. Was really fuckin looking forward to a blue Dusk form.
>>
>>33254049
called it
>>
>>33254200
Why would anyone need a giveaway when they can just download the event themselves? You do realize the last four game launch tie-in events were Wi-Fi distributions right?
>>
>>33254189
That's because you were Mag's OT. The OT of Dusk will most likely be Ash.
>>
>>33254279
>It'll be Ash's OT

Is there any reason people are assuming this outside of pessimism?
>>
>>33254283
Ash-Greninja's OT was Ash
>>
>>33254279
It's not called Ash Lycanroc, it doesn't wear Ash's clothes, and it will most likely have it's own lore. I really do doubt that Ash will be the OT.
>>
>>33254287
It's literally Ash's Lycanroc, you're really naive to think that GF will actually do the right thing
>>
>>33254138

No, no, just 1 game, I live in a country where the games are $79.99 EACH not $40, so count yourself lucky.
>>
>>33254296
Yeah, I know that feel, I live on Mexico, a Nintendo Switch on USA costs about 6000 Mexican Pesos, but if I buy the Nintendo Switch here, it will cost me 10000 Mexican Pesos I'm waiting for a christmas price drop (on murrica) and ask a murrican friend to buy me one there so I won't have to pay almost twice the price for such a shitty console
>>
>>33254077
Iwata isn't around to keep people in line anymore. Now it's okay to half ass everything.
>>
If it's branded as an "Ash" Pokemon like Greninja then I'll be okay with this
>>
>>33254381
>le iwata was a god who controlled everything meme

Haha yeah look at how much of a success the Wii U was!
>>
They should just put Ash in the game as the final boss. Give him a special "Ash Pikachu" that has double the stats of Raichu because why not
>>
>>33254269
Because people will be wanting a perfect one even if it's useless competitively and not many people have the patience to soft reset non-legendary event Pokemon. Also, latefags will inevitably miss out on the event
>>
>>33254283
Because it's an anime tie-in form just like Ash-Greninja was?
>>
Why do the games feel the need to drag themselves into the abyss by binding themselves to the horrendous mess that is the anime?

They had the right idea before, distancing themselves as much as possible from what the stupid, stupid anime was doing, but then this generation they've just completely dropped the ball
>>
>>33254138
>Literally why?
Not them but I buy multiple of both because unlike you I'm not a poorfag.
>>
>>33254327
You could try getting it somewhere else in general. Switch isn't region locked and a lot of retailers are going to offer free shipping on something that expensive.

Hell, the places I use only need you to have 30 or 35 dollars on an order to get free shipping.
>>
>>33254621
Literally all you need to reset for now is the nature and/or ability because the stats don't matter thanks to HT.
>>
>>33254419
The WiiU literally only failed because marketing and branding
>>
>>33254296
Just get it digitally like I did.
-t Jamaican
>>
>>33254059
maybe its HA will be battlebond and revealed when the ashnime reaches the ash-carrot point?
>>
>>33254821
The ideal deal is to reset for at least 1-3 perfect IVs + Perfect Nature + Desired Ability so you can save yourself some bottlecaps
>>
>>33254769
>burgers in charge of not following nip marketing
The games reference the anime all the time, dumbass.
>>
>>33254769
The anime exists primarily to market the games, it's just a wonder they didn't start doing cross-promos before.
>>
>>33254049
>implying the gts won't be flooded with Dusk-evolving Rockruff the day after release
>>
>>33255288
Outside of ash Greninja, this shit, and Yellow, when?
>>
>>33255327
Literally every mythical Pokemon event is a movie tie-in, for starters.
>>
>>33255320
The games have enough problems with false-advertising as-is. (Story is 99% single battles while the game is balanced around double-battles, garbagemons are shilled as powerful while actually strong pokemon are massively overlooked, etc.)

It doesn't need to make that problem worse by trying to make the anime, which has an absolutely horrendous track record for accuracy, matter more, rather than less
>>
>>33255339
You mean every movie is a tie-in for an event pokemon

Also, the best events didn't get movies, namely the old sea map and ho-oh and lugia in Emerald
>>
File: mekej.gif (834KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mekej.gif
834KB, 320x240px
>literally zoroark and a worse greninja distribution
I hope this shit fails so hard.
>>
>>33255357
That's literally what today's anime episode was too, though. It's like calling Munchlax an anime tie-in because it appeared in the anime long before DP got released.

When this event starts getting advertised in burgerstan with absolutely no mentions of the anime, nobody that hadn't heard about it before is going to sit there and sperg about how it's an obvious anime tie-in.
>>
>>33255359
>we will never see fun puzzle events because dumb kids couldn't figure out how to get Arceus
>Instead we are stuck with shitty non-legendaries getting jack shit and legendary events being boring
>>
>>33255374
Alright, but why would it exist if not for the anime?

Lycanroc is a shitmon, reminiscent of Wormadam, the only reason to give it a new form is because Ash has one in the anime
>>
>>33254163
No egg moves?? Fuck.

B-but it'll get move tutor moves, r-right?
>>
>>33255388
>Alright, but why would it exist if not for the anime?
As an early adopter incentive. Same as with the Rotom formes in Platinum or Snorlium-Z in SM, neither of which got any kind of promotion in the anime until their events were over.

Also, you realize the reason there are multiple mythical Pokemon per gen is purely so they can have exclusive events for each annual movie, right? If there weren't annual movies, most mythicals wouldn't exist.
>>
File: no data.png (340KB, 544x417px) Image search: [Google]
no data.png
340KB, 544x417px
RotomDex literally has no data on Ash's snowflake wolf
>>
File: 1499354609468.gif (2MB, 279x401px) Image search: [Google]
1499354609468.gif
2MB, 279x401px
It just hit me. Due to the fact it really is event exclusive, Tough Claws may actually be its only ability like how battle bond is ash ninjas only ability.
>>
File: mega_blaziken_artwork.png (959KB, 1200x1020px) Image search: [Google]
mega_blaziken_artwork.png
959KB, 1200x1020px
>>33255414
I think the Ash ownership of a special form is what really pisses people off, though.

Blazikenite was event exclusive in XY, and Mega Blaziken was prominent in the anime, but I really don't remember anywhere near this much bitching about it.
>>
>>33255414
Hmm

So this horrendous, crippling cancer that's been plaguing Pokemon since gen 1 is never going away

Shame, there's good stuff in Pokemon, but they tie so, so many anchors around their necks
>>
>>33255466
You could breed the torchic you got and Blazikenite worked on every Blaziken
>>
>>33254419
>le
kys
>>
>>33255466
I can guarantee you almost all the bitching is from newfags that have never seen any Japanese marketing for Pokemon. They're used to seeing English promo shit that deletes all mentions of the anime from events connected to the anime, so this is their first ever encounter with one of the many many anime-related things in the games.
>>
>>33255480
Yeah you're probably right

Although if Japan sees the games and anime as connected, I guess that explains why they suck so hard at competitive
>>
>>33255466
We could breed more of them with speed boost and egg moves. Not the same situation.
>>
>>33255489
The entire "reee the anime is cancer and needs to be canceled" shit is purely a western thing. It's well liked in Japan and has always been an important part of the franchise's marketing machine. Burgers just don't notice, just like they'd never have connected this event with the anime if they didn't know this episode existed until the dub airs it some months down the road, long after the event announcement. Nobody calls the Pokestar Studios an anime tie-in.
>>
>>33255500
No disagreements there

Just pointing out that the anime is filled with stupidity and false advertising, and the change of view regarding the games due to the connection is probably why no one from Japan has never won any major Pokemon competition. Because the people who would be good and could win wouldn't play because the anime presents such a radically different product from what actually exists, and those that do play due to the anime are going to all fucking suck
>>
>>33255475
>>33255491
So the problem is not actually Dusk being event exclusive, it's that Dusk will not be able to be bred true?
>>
>>33255508
That makes no sense.
>>
>>33254049
i dont care aslong as its not stuck in gen 7 like spikey eared pichu in HGSS
>>
>>33255515
Pokemon actual game: slow, tactical game built around team-building and maths

Pokemon as shown in the anime: high-octane adventure where hard work and guts trumps intelligence
>>
>>33255526
Yes, and...?
>>
>>33255526
You're still not making any sense, my man.
>>
File: Before and after.png (2MB, 1024x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Before and after.png
2MB, 1024x1152px
Doge
>>
>>33255513
Basically since it seems to be heavily implied only the event dog can evolve into it.
>>33255519
That'd be genuine icing on the cake if that is indeed the case. We'll know soon enough when people check if its bankable.
>>
>>33255533
If you're someone who likes slow, tactical games based on team-building and maths, and you see Pokemon as connected to the anime, you won't play Pokemon

If you see Pokemon as a high-octane adventure where hard work and guts trump intelligence, you are going to be god awful at competitive battling
>>
>>33255541
>heavily implied
Outright stated.
>>
File: tumblr_npoebaGyU31s2wio8o1_500.gif (899KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npoebaGyU31s2wio8o1_500.gif
899KB, 500x600px
>>33255538
>doesn't even get peppy like night.
>Stuck with day's boring personality

Nice inbetween form. Really feeling the effort put in
>>
>>33255544
This is the most retarded damage control I've seen. Might as well say that people that see the games and competitive as connected are going to be god awful at competitive since in the games, stat moves are usually meaningless and your best bet is to just hit hard with super effective attacks.
>>
File: téléchargement.jpg (11KB, 240x188px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.jpg
11KB, 240x188px
At least this time they're not locking several forms that were relevant in the current meta of the game
Not really a big deal
(Fuck them for preventing us to restart a save because we would lose the possibility to change Rotom's form in Pt)
>>
>>33255544
So you're saying you really think full blown adults can't see that the anime and the games work differently?
>>
>>33255559
Yes, congratulations, you have now seen the main problem with how Pokemon games handle their own story
>>
>>33255569
But the SM sold more copies in the west than in Japan, so the west has to be shit at competitive since they clearly play the games more and play simulators less.

Your logic is retarded, go kill yourself.
>>
>>33255569
So, what? You want the main story to be reworked so you have to play it like it's competitive to win? You do realize pokemon is still a kid's game, right?
>>
File: the team.jpg (113KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
the team.jpg
113KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>33255561
I was in my twenties before I actually tried to play yugioh because the anime made it look like such trash, and even then I had to practically be forced into it

Now granted, Yugioh is still trash, but it's trash for a totally different reason than what the anime presents, the point is. How often are you really going to try and take a deeper look at something that portrays itself as the antithesis of what you enjoy?
>>
>>33255582
Yugioh the card game was adapted from the card game they played in Yugioh the manga. It's the card game that's trying to replicate the manga/anime in that instance, not the other way around.
>>
>>33255580
They could have just given him day at that point over this mess.
>>
>>33255560
Rotom forms weren't usable in Plat wi-fi
>>
>>33255579
No, I want the story to be reworked so that it, over the course of the story, teaches you how to play competitive.

I want challenges the game presents to be real challenges, dealing with someone who has two pokemon that are perfect switch-ins for each other, dealing with setup, stall, sun teams, rain teams, trick room, so that by the end, the player, even if they're a kid, should understand the game on a deeper level
>>
>>33255588
Oh, that explains why the first seasons makes no sense in term of rules at all
>>
>>33255580
The fuck is up with pikachu's face?
>>
>>33255595
Weren't they usable during the World Championship ?
>>
>>33255553
It does when in a fight

>>33255553
>>
>>33255500
>The entire "reee the anime is cancer and needs to be canceled" shit is purely a western thing.
>shit
>he wants pokemon to be tied to the worst product of the entertainment industry
You are what's wrong with the fanbase.

>It's well liked in Japan and has always been an important part of the franchise's marketing machine.
Well, duh, it wouldn't be airing if nobody liked it, but a good chunk of it are kids who don't know any better.
>>
>>33255613
They were usable in local battles, but AFAIK they effectively didn't appear in any official format because VGC09 was still done over PBR and VGC10 was where they allowed cover legendaries.
>>
>>33255638
I'm fairly sure the people that screech and bitch every time the anime gets mentioned anywhere is part of the reason the west doesn't get most of the events that directly tied in with the anime, so...
>>
>>33255648
Non sequitur, and you seem to overestimate how many people hate the ashnime. If the western hated it so much it wouldn't be dubbed. Japan always gets more events in general too.
>>
>>33255666
>ashnime
>>
Pokemon is truly amazing

I mean, how many franchises out there would actually be made BETTER by making something already in them cost extra money?

Because seriously, event pokemon would be so much better if instead of being timed events that you could only get once, they were paid DLC that was tied to the cartridge so you could get them over and over again (so long as you reset your save)
>>
>>33255648
I don't think that's how it works
The west doesn't get anime related distribution mostly because, in Japan, they know which episode air and when precisely. While in the west, promoting anime distribution would be harder since the episodes are airing randomly depending on the countries. Some will stick with one or two episodes per weeks while some other channel in another country would litterally loop the first 10 episodes 5 times per weeks.
>>
>>33255681
Most of the anime events aren't tied to specific episodes.
>>
>>33255679
Both timed and paid are cancer.
Should be like Magearna desu
>>
>>33255691
Magearna had to be distributed like that because it was a movie event for a game that wasn't out yet.
>>
File: o-TED-CRUZ-facebook.jpg (117KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-TED-CRUZ-facebook.jpg
117KB, 2000x1000px
>>33255679
>wanting paid DLC in pokemon
>>
File: 4chan Zygarde.jpg (143KB, 1231x776px) Image search: [Google]
4chan Zygarde.jpg
143KB, 1231x776px
>people actually trying to predict how good a pokemon is

Yeah it worked when you said Ash-Greninja was shit because no protean
Or pic related
>>
>>33255691
Note that I didn't say "good", only "better"
>>
>>33255698
It would be better than the events we have now

I mean, it would still be shit, but do you really expect Game Freak to just... put these pokemon in the game as legendaries in dungeons? Because paid DLC is far more likely than that
>>
>>33255713
Paid DLC mons would be absolute cancer, it's not better at all, anon.
>>
>>33255713
Fuck no, I'm not paying for a fucking single Pokemon. The way it works now is way better than your idea. They're not event Pokemon for nothing.
>>
>>33255697
>this was a good thing because of this reason
How does that stop it from being good?

>>33255702
Yeah, I noticed but still, if we had to pay for mons we wouldn't be happy either. Would beat paying for alternate costumes like in other games I guess.
>>
Can we at least breed it?
>>
>>33255747
It doesn't. But it does mean it was done that way because it literally had to, and that it's obviously not going to be done for any distros for games that are actually out.
>>
>>33255755
Nothing has been said about it but if Ash-Greninja indicates anything, you can't
>>
>>33255738
>Only getting one shot at every event pokemon is A-OK as long as I keep all my money

Look, I can understand your viewpoint if they overcharge for them, but if it was 2-3$ for an Old Sea Map-style event for all legendaries, AND if you reset your save you got your old sea map item back, it would be much better
>>
>>33255757
When did I say they were doing it again?

>>33255765
How about something like
>there's the normal event we already have
>few months later, for a low price you can buy a pack of all eventmons, event items, special shit like gamestop Salazzle, ash grenina NE Pichu etc that's always the same price but constantly updated to have all
This way you have your events(with the events being "you get it before and free") but you can still get the mon if you missed it
>>
>>33255765
No. What part of paying for mons is gross and not a better system do you not get?
Also, this whole "reset and get as many as you want" thing is not something they would actually do.
>>
>>33255782
You didn't. But other people have suggested it because they have no idea what the original nip distro was like.
>>
File: gee ash.jpg (79KB, 439x336px) Image search: [Google]
gee ash.jpg
79KB, 439x336px
>>
>>33255701
On one hand regular torrent greninja and zygrde were still pretty great with nice dual types and move pools.

On the other, you have this new form who related to to other ones who aren't all that great, shallow movepool, and all pure rock. Terrakion and aerodactyl are still things.
>>
>>33255765
Since XY you got actually two chances to get each mythical, so I don't really see how could you've missed it, especially when Gamestop event had a month later the same event on internet for those who missed it
>>
>>33255677
>not calling it Ashnime
>>
>>33255825
This isn't plebbit. Go back there.
>>
>>33255825
>>>/r/edditt
>>
>>33255825
Why? It's not like anyone ever thinks you mean Chronicles when you say the anime. It would be one thing if we had 2 or 3 big series that needed to be distinguished, but we don't.
>>
>>33255834
>>33255839
Its a /vp/ term though
>>
>>33255834
>>33255839
Word ashnime has been around here longer than either of you, idiots
>>
>>33255844
Is that what leddit told you? Go back.
>>
>>33255787
But the fact that you can't reset and get it as many times as you want is why event pokemon might as well not exist

They lock them away in their special little bubble away from everything else, a total disconnect from the rest of the game. Either make them more accessible, or don't make them at all
>>
>>33255851
No, its literally what happened, it started here.
Did a google search and there's few results with the word actually being used and none is reddit.
>>
>>33255846
You need to leave.
>>
>>33255862
Lurk more you dumb fuck.
>>
>>33255864
You need to lurk instead of post.
>>
>>33255862
Fuck off back there.
>>
>>33255866
>>33255875
>lurk more
>while showing how newfag he is
>while being given proof
>>
>>33255855
You know, originally the motto of Pokemon was to collect them all. And like basically everything that's collectable, some of them are hard as balls to find.
Game Freak said several times in interviews that they want some Pokemon to be seen as rare and mytical so people have a sense of satisfaction when they get that Pokemon, like any mythical or even shiny legendaries that were locked away then distributed in events or shit like that.
Hell, that Pokeball motif Vivillon is probably harder to find than any mythical legendary, and that's kind of what's fun in those events, to get rare shit
>>
>>33255895
That "motto" was invented by Nintendo of America with zero input from GF.
>>
>>33255894
>am I fitting in yet
>>
>>33255895
So they're like Games Workshop

They want to make one kind of game, and accidentally along the way made the best version of a completely different game type

But you do bring up a good point, event appearances, like pokeball Vivillon, are super rewarding to collect, but put no drain on gameplay if you can't get them, thereby making them the best kind of events. Maybe they should relax on event Pokemon and focus more on event appearances. Keep the events special and rare, while not putting in an artificial gameplay-drain on anyone who doesn't get them
>>
>>33255899
The idea of collecting Pokemon is still Game Freak's idea, that's why you got thing like the Pokeballs looking like gachapons
>>
>>33255910
Yes. But Game Freak also released Game Boy Advance games where it was literally impossible to catch 'em all because they didn't give two fucks about what some random burgers had written on some box art a couple years earlier.
>>
>>33255917
Pretty sure it's possible to catch all 385 Pokemon with RSE, FRLG and Colosseum/XD to back the fact that Gen 2 and 3 weren't compatible
>>
>>33254049
This is the fucking worst. This is the first thing to truly worry me about the amount of content in the game.
>>
>>33254049

So, in the end we got probably useless event-mon without any possibility to modify it (Egg Moves, Move Tutors)?
>>
>>33255895
>Let's lock useful things behind artificial rarity!

God fucking damn it this is why I dropped Magic: The Gathering

If anything else did the competitive turn based RPG like Pokemon did, I'd drop Pokemon in a heartbeat

Unfortunately, it's Pokemon or nothing
>>
>>33255934
Why wouldn't move tutors work?
>>
So I just watched the full episode and this is what happened:

>Tapu Lele used Draining Kiss on Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc, Olivia's Midday Lycanroc, and Ash
>Lele then gives the energy it drained from them to Ash's Rockruff
>It then evolves into Dusk form
>Lele is happy and flies away

So yeah it's a special form triggered by Tapu Lele
>>
>>33255939
Wow... that is the asspulliest way they could have done that
>>
>>33255938
Not that they won't work, but the problem is if they will appear in USUM.
>>
>>33255943
I think they really wanted to establish it's not that the Rockruff evolved at twilight.
>>
>>33255943
>ashnime
>quality
>>
>>33255925
It is, but when RS came out it was impossible.
>>
Oh well
I'll just edit it's nature/IVs/EVs in PKHeX
>>
>>33255939
That's not even remotely what happened, you retard.
>>
>>33254179
Maybe people who can't buy USM until the event ends.
>>
>>33255955
>ashnime
Go back there and stay there
>>
>>33255967
enjoy 20 years of nothing happening
>>
>>33255955
I want summer to end.
>>
>>33255965
But if it's like previous launch window promos, it will go for months, probably until mid January. If someone hasn't bought it by then it's not a matter of having no money.
>>
>>33255973
Plenty happens

Just none of it ever matters because the main characters are barred from having any kind of character growth because they insist on using the same main characters across all generations despite the obvious, glaring problems with that idea
>>
>>33255939
You should probably watch it again, because that's not at all what happened.
>>
>>33255957
I guess it's logical to do this instead of releasing a single game where all 385 Pokemon are already available, especially when RBG remakes were probably already planned as well as Colosseum
>>
What's with this new weeb in every thread calling anyone who doesn't like the anime a burger?
>>
>>33255984
So nothing happens.

>>33255981
>>33255973
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-06-04 16.30.02.png (400KB, 805x454px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-06-04 16.30.02.png
400KB, 805x454px
GUYS, LISTEN PER A SECOND

The official Pokémon YouTube channel will eventually upload a video of this event soon.

We better make sure to dislike and bitch about this there. That won't change anything in the ultra games obviously, but it will in the long term.

We don't want more bullshit like this in the future and this is the way they can know.

>Friendly reminder that they were forced to announce a Pokémon Switch game out of the blue in E3 just because the backslash in the Ultra versions announcement video.
>>
>>33255997
Probably a new ashfag damage control tactic.
Ashfags are some of the most butthurt winning sides I've ever seen.
>>
>>33255993
My point was literally just that Game Freak did not invent, nor give a flying fuck about, the "Gotta Catch em All" motto NoA came up with. Just because some English marketing says Pokemon is about "catching them all" doesn't mean it actually is.
>>
>>33255997
>>33256006
This is the most blatant samefag I've ever seen.
>>
>>33256005
No one official working on the anime or games is reading the comments of the english youtube channel.
>>
>>33256019
And Japanese channel always has disabled everything
>>
>>33256009
Of course they didn't invent the Catch'em all thing. But the collecting part of Pokemon was still a thing during developpement and is still a thing now, I mean the original idea behind Pokemon was a guy seeing a insect crawling up a cable and thought "What if there were a game were you collect creatures and trade it with other people ?" the fight part came later
>>
>>33256027
Do you really think the Japanese want a bunch of comments written in foreign languages they can't even read on their videos? Japanese companies mostly use Youtube for hotlinking purposes.
>>
>>33256005
GF or TPCi know better and will disable the comments
>>
>>33256036
I was just saying trying to sabotage Japanese channel isn't going to help either
>>
>>33256036
It's pretty fucking smart considering nothing useful has ever come from reading youtube comments.
>>
>>33256040
It'd be retarded anyway. If a bunch of foreigners start commenting on their video about a cool new announcement, they're going to assume they like it, not that they're calling it bullshit.
>>
>>33256014
But it's not. I'm the first guy you quoted and genuinely curious if this guy is new or a regular part of the anime generals I rarely visit.
>>
>>33256005
You won't get anything by doing this, especially if you ask this on /vp/. All you would achieve is having the like/dislike ratio being something like 85% likes and 15% dislikes instead of the usual 95% / 5%
>>
>>33256054
You're a fucking idiot if you're not aware of the fact that the anime is popular and well liked in Japan and that the notion it's garbage is a western thing, and you're even dumber if you think there's a chance there's nips sitting here writing those comments.
>>
>>33256054
It's not "one guy" and it's it not "someone new", it's a well known fact that the anime is considered an integral and very valid part of the franchise in Japan no matter how much the west treats it as some irrelevant side bullshit they'd rather didn't exist. The anime gets mentioned a lot in Japanese marketing because Japan likes the anime. How long have you even followed this franchise?
>>
>>33256064
>>33256076
Not him, so, if I get it right, your point is that you can only hate the ashnime if you're not japanese so when someone hates it you just tell a person from you think its from the west, that is very likely to be from the west given this is an english speaking board that he's from the west? How does that change anything? No one ever said that it isn't liked in Japan, but saying "DURR UR FROM THE WEST" doesn't really adress any of the criticism.
>>
>>33256076
I'm not him, but I've been a fan of Pokemon since it came out in Europe and I never knew this

One of my earliest memories of the franchise is shouting at my tv as a five year old that aiming for the horn shouldn't do anything you idiot why is this show so stupid
>>
>>33256064
Do you think weeb=nip? Are you dumb?
>>33256076
>How long have you even followed this franchise?
Long enough to know that the West loves the original series and many casuals in the West thinks the anime came first.
>>
>>33256087
The point is that a bunch of faggots that can't even read Japanese are bitching about a slight anime tie-in to a promo event because "reee I hate ash".
It's not written to be read by you in the first place, YOU'RE meant to get an announcement about this event a month later on pokemon.com that's not going to mention the anime. Japan gets promotion in the anime and mentions of this because they like the anime and see it as a decent way of marketing.

Nobody involved with any of this give a flying fuck what someone that can't even read what they wrote thinks about their promotions.
>>
>>33256089
So did you not watch the episode with Brock's Onix and Pikachu? Even for kids, it's pretty clear way before that it wasn't playing by the game's rules.
>>
>>33256094
>stating facts is being a weeb
You're commenting on a Japanese article written for a Japanese audience, anon.
>>
>>33256111
...What?

The anime-tie-in isn't why this promotion, sucks, it sucks because it's a limited release event version of a shitmon that nobody likes that you can't breed
>>
>>33256125
That's a fair complaint. I never said anything about that.
>>
>>33256116
Nah, I watched that episode, it made more sense to me because it got soaked in water, and water is weak to electricity, therefore the electric attack works...

Or I didn't see the episode, I dunno, it was a really long time ago
>>
>>33256131
>an electricity-proof rock monster can be damaged by electricity if you splash water on it
>but an electicity-proof rock monster with a non-electricity-proof steel horn being damaged by an electric attack to that horn is bullshit
Anon...
>>
>>33256125
I'm fairly sure that has nothing to do with that tangent, anon...
>>
>>33256122
No, but having some strange paranoid persecution complex about all burgers hating the anime does point to weeb.
>>
>>33256128
Not him but having an event tied to the worst product of entertainment sucks regardless of whether japs like it or not.
>>
>>33256141
Well, I was 5 years old

Logic isn't exactly a 5-year-old's strong suit
>>
>>33256160
Thankfully for you, this event is only tied to the anime in a country where people don't agree it's "the worst product of entertainment". You're going to get a different event that will be accompanied by a press release that doesn't mention the anime in any way, and can be happy about that.
>>
>>33256160
Every single mythical since Celebi has been an anime tie-in.
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>33256173
>Thankfully for you, this event is only tied to the anime in a country where people don't agree it's "the worst product of entertainment".
Its not a matter of agreement though.

>You're going to get a different event that will be accompanied by a press release that doesn't mention the anime in any way, and can be happy about that.
How will the western press release not mentioning the anime stop the anime from airing?
>>
>>33256184
Like shit, as usual.
Made worse by the fact you can't even complain because retards pull the "if you don't like it you can ignore it" which doesn't apply at all here.
>>
>>33256188
It won't, but Lycanroc Dusk won't be an anime tie-in over here.
>>
>>33256188
>stop liking what I don't like
Did the anime rape your mom or something? It's not healthy to be this piss mad about something that has literally no effect on your life.
>>
>>33254792
1) what's wrong with being a poorfag
2) repeat the same game twice is boring
3) I assume you have no life, or friends.

>>33254049
Perfect. Don't you get it? Most probably it will have buffed stats and signature moves, so don't be so salty
>>
>>33256218
>Event only strictly superior version of a pokemon that you can only get once and can't breed

How the fuck can this possibly be considered a good thing?
>>
>>33256199
How does it not apply? You don't live in Japan, none of the events YOU get require you to go watch an anime movie in the theater to download it.
>>
>>33256203
Yeah, but that's not what I complained about.

>>33256204
It prevents an actual non short pokemon anime from airing and the potential the world has remaining unexploited. It also sucks having to clarify that you have nothing to do with the aspect of the franchise everyone knows about when mentioning you like the franchise.

>It's not healthy to be this piss mad about something that has literally no effect on your life
Except aside from what has been mentioned, you can't follow this franchise completely ignoring the show as its already too tied to the games(understandably, in part, given its an advertisement for them). So it has effect on at least the "pokemon fan" aspect of my life.
>>
>>33256221
If you hit your head hard enough, maybe you too can consider it a good thing.
>>
>>33256226
Your mom is tied to you, but she hasn't tried preventing your from living any longer to avoid having to clarify she has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>33256225
The anime had hints about the future of the franchise before anon. For example, you can figure out when the next gen might come out based on Ash's progress on the current one.
>>
>>33256226
Other reasons to hate the anime

As mentioned multiple times in this thread, most event pokemon are movie tie-ins, therefore it is not unreasonable to assume that there would be fewer event pokemon if there was no anime, and therefore, the anime has a direct negative impact on the quality of the games
>>
>>33254236
>Friendly reminder that they can give event Pokemon any moves they want and the last Lycanroc distribution came with egg moves.
Shit, but what if they base its moveset on Ash's Lycanroc, and it has shitty moves? I'm hoping they change its moveset, like how they took out Greninja's Cut.
>>
>>33256234
Duh. So? Does even acknowledging the fact that the anime exist hurt you or something? You have to be older than 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
>>33256226
So what's your ideal pokemon anime then?
>>
>>33256239
Even worse, because it's being distributed as a Rockruff, they'll base it on its moves instead of Lycanroc.
>>
>>33256238
This franchise wouldn't be anywhere as big as it is without the anime. Hell, there's a good chance it would be dead.
>>
>>33256232
>ashfag trying to make an argument

>>33256247
When did I say it personally hurts me? Anon, you can have a good life, like the pokemon games and hate a show about 20 years of nothing happening. These arent incompatible. That doesn't magically make the anime good.

>>33256249
One where shit actually goes on. It isn't so much "I hate it for not being 10/10", its more "I hate because its -100/10".
>>
>>33256255
I don't think it would be dead any more than Final Fantasy is "dead"

I mean, the Pokemon Special Manga probably wouldn't be nearly as successful, probably would have ended after gen 1, which is a shame, because it's a damn good manga. But the games would definitely exist

We might be on gen 5 instead of gen 7 right about now, but they'd definitely still be going
>>
>>33256238

Bite\Crunch
Stone Edge
Accelerock
Counter

Expect something very similar to this.
>>
>>33256261
Dude, you're screeching like a fucking autistic 3 year old about how much it offends you that the anime exists and you might have to look at its relative plot progression once a year to get a vague hint about when the next gen will come out.
>>
>>33255538
>look at it you ruined a perfectly good rockruff
>it's got autism
>>
>>33256273
>Dude, you're screeching like a fucking autistic 3 year old about how much it offends you that the anime exists
I already explained my issues with it. Do you have an actual argument against it?

>and you might have to look at its relative plot progression once a year to get a vague hint about when the next gen will come out.
I never said it takes a lot of effort to do that. How does that make the anime good though?

You seem to insist too much on me when the real issue is not my personal life, its whether the anime is good. You ashfags always do this shit.
>>
>>33256287
Sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't watched it in 6 years. I'm just old enough to post here, so I don't get my dick in a knot over the fact that the franchise includes elements that don't personally interest me.
>>
>>33254049
>Oh boy news!
>it's an event distribution
>it's an anime tie-in
>it's Ash-Lycanroc
I would have preferred nothing. Couldn't they at least have revealed it alongside something actual relevant? Something people who play the games and don't just watch the anime actually care about? Jesus christ, fuck off, Gamefreak. Just fucking kill me.
>>
>>33256249
The anime only has two main problems with it, and all other problems are directly tied to these two

1. Ash
2. Pikachu

If you could get rid of the continuing main characters and have each generation start anew with a new protagonist and new companion, it would be much, much better, because all those plot holes like "thunderbolt knocks out a pseudo legendary in one hit but fails to injure an unevolved starter" and "Ash doesn't know how type advantage works after traversing 6 whole regions" instantly vanish, on top of that, you're now allowed to give your protagonist actual character growth, because youu can start again with a beginner when the next gen rolls around
>>
>>33256294
This was revealed in CoroCoro though. Ash getting a cool new Pokemon that you can get too is big news for young Japanese boys.
>>
>>33256304
Hush anon, this isn't a thread where logic is allowed.
>>
>>33256293
>Sorry to disappoint you
Nah, you didn't. I didn't expect an ashfag to be able to make a proper argument in the first place.

>>33256296
this

To add to this, the problem is that the show pretends to have progression while not really having it. Either go full episodic or full progression based. The show insists on being on this retarded middle ground.
>>
>>33256296
You know both of those are memes that don't actually happen, right?
>>
>>33254049
anyone remember when we actually had ingame events and special and mythical pokémon weren't just handed out randomly
>>
Nintendo should end the fucking Pokemon franchise already, you faggots and your autism is an insult to the company and its reputation.
>>
>>33256315
What are those? I never heard of them outside of the mythical 3rd and 4th gens.
>>
>>33256315
But this way you can just into the Pokemon Center and get your new Pokemon absolutely free! It makes it easier for the kiddies who don't want to spend a lot of time playing on their 3DS and would rather be on their phone.
>>
>>33256317
>Nintendo should kill its golden goose because the fandom is horrid
>>
>>33256312
Not him but I've seen Pikachu losing to Snivy.
>inb4 DURR ZEKROM HAHA
>>
Funny how people are complaining again over a Pokémon they had no intention of using. You guys literally shitted on the Dusk form as if you weren't getting it, now that it's event only you are pissed off? Dude use PkHeX if you're that desperate or wait for a Mystery Gift
>>
File: THEYMUSTHAVE.jpg (213KB, 1047x287px) Image search: [Google]
THEYMUSTHAVE.jpg
213KB, 1047x287px
>>33256160
The problem is NOT that this whole thing is a tie in, The thing most people is bitching about is that they're locking a potentially good evolution (compared to the other Lycanrocs at least) to just a specific Rockruff that's only available for around 1 and a half month, which may or may not be able to take full advantage from Tough Claws (depends if GF are generous enough to give it the elemental fangs or not at this point).

And to think it seemed GF learned why locking a specific pokemon family behind an event was a bad idea.
>>
>>33256352
Of course

The point isn't "is it good?" it's "should it exist?" and the answer is a resounding "no"
>>
>>33256315
>Mew
>Deoxys
>Darkrai
>Shaymin
>Victini
>nothing of this quality will happen again
>instead you go to a weird antique store and some dude gives you a 600 BST ancient robot
>>
>>33256350
>I know the explanation for that so I'm going to mention in advance that it somehow doesn't count
>>
>>33256375
Funny thing about this

That particular example is actually better than this Lycanroc, because you can breed the Zoroark to get more Zoruas

And despite that it was still a monumental failure
>>
>>33256375
I never said that was the only issue with Dusk Lycanroc though.

>>33256381
More like
>I know the retarded non explanation ashfag spouted for years and has been proven wrong every time so I'm going to mention in advance that you better come with an actual explanation
>>
>>33256393
>literally stated in the episode
>proven wrong
Go back to your Youtube comment section now, little kid.
>>
isn't this the same as ash greninja?
>>
>>33256393
>proven wrong every time
The hell are you on about? I watched that episode, the explanation is FROM the episode.
>>
>>33256408
Yes.
>>
>>33256408
You can still get Ash-Greninja nowadays tho. After January 10th 2018 Dusk Doggo will be lost forever.
>>
>>33256402
>>33256411
The explanation given in the episode is that Pikachu lost his electric powers. Doesn't mean he stopped being a battle seasoned mon that should have no problem with a fresh starter.
>>
>>33256428
He couldn't just not use his electricity, trying to use it drained his stamina. Watch the episode instead of screaming about how everyone that tells you what happened are autistic.
>>
>>33256438
I did watch the episode though, this was back when /vp/ still liked the BW anime. And you don't need much stamina to beat something that should be much much weaker to you.
>>
>>33256402
>>33256411
>>33256428
>>33256438
Now I haven't seen the episode

But to me, the explanation given seems like nothing more than a gigantic asspull in order to get the result desired by the writers

Is this the case? Or does it actually matter beyond this one episode?
>>
File: 1489516577296.jpg (4KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1489516577296.jpg
4KB, 250x246px
>>33256422
That's what you think, but then you'll realize they'll be required to hold a distribution for each and every Ash-Pokemon in every single generation so they can all be obtained with that gen's marking to remain usable in official formats.
>>
>>33256428
Anon, it's a fucking cartoon for little kids.
The events are "Pikachu gets its powers zapped by Zekrom" -> "Pikachu loses a battle it should logically have won" -> "Pikachu gets its powers returned".

Assuming the power zap actually influenced the only event that takes place during it isn't rocket science or "retarded non-explanations by autists".
>>
>>33256457
Except for levels don't exist in the anime so it's not a level 100 Pikachu taking on a level 5 Snivy. Pikachu just has more experience, it's not super strong compared to Snivy.
>>
>>33256464
All that happens is that Pikachu gets its power removed by Zekrom for a short period of time, and during this period of time it has a battle against a smug little shit of a rookie that ends up beating it. Zekrom returns its power shortly afterwards.

It's basically just an event that causes Pikachu to lose a battle he'd have otherwise won, and thus give the faggot that beat it a huge ego boost.
>>
>>33256479
>Anon, it's a fucking cartoon for little kids.
Classic ashfag losing argument. It being for kids doesn't excuse it being shit.

>"Pikachu gets its powers zapped by Zekrom"
His electricity. Pikachu has other powers. Like Iron Tail or any phisical attack. Even more in the anime than in the games.

>"Pikachu loses a battle it should logically have won"
Electricity isn't the only reason it should've won(specially if we get into game mechanics but lets don't), Zekrom only took care of one of these reasons.

>>33256486
>Except for levels don't exist in the anime
See? You fags always try to pull the "ITS NOT THE GAME" card. I know its not, I know levels don't exist in the anime. That doesn't nullify the battles pikachu is supposed to have at that point. It never was "why doesnt the anime follow game logic?" its "why doesn't the anime follow logic?".
>>
>>33256500

Ok, so the way it looks from the outside, is that the only reason Pikachu lost it's power was to lose this one fight, in which case the entire "lost it's power" thing was a gigantic excuse used by the writers to avoid a gaping plot hole.

That level of asspull is almost as bad as just leaving the plot hole in there. And could easily have been avoided by simply not having the same Pikachu for 5 generations
>>
>>33256479
>>33256486
>>33256500
This doesn't change the fact that Pikachu went from brawling with a fucking Latios and ending in a Double KO to getting the shit beaten out of it by a Snivy that, up until that very battle, has literally never been trained for such, and was used by someone who literally just became a trainer not even an hour ago.
>>
>>33256523
...but Pikachu gains its power back right afterwards. That was literally the point. Pikachu wasn't permanently weakened. "Person is temporarily weakened, resulting in him losing a battle the audience knows he'd otherwise have won" is a super ancient trope.
>>
>>33256526
You know the real explanation anon, why bother with all this asspull argument bullshit? It's a new series, so Pikachu and Ash get reset because it wouldn't be interesting to watch Pikachu just inevitability kick ass all the time.

Sure, it would make more sense to introduce a new trainer, but they aren't going to can their iconic duo and ruin the marketing value when the actual target audience doesn't care.
>>
>>33256516
Anon, I think you may be autistic. When the episode literally spells out what happened, it's not "the audience making excuses". Bitch about the episode not making things obvious enough for you to understand if that makes you feel better, but screaming about how this couldn't happen in the games isn't really an argument.
>>
>>33256544
Why?

Why go against the games in such a dramatic way when the appeal of a new personality can be just as great?
>>
>>33256544
They weren't reset, though. The "reset" lasted like 5 minutes and was purely done for the purpose of them losing one specific battle. It's no different from all the million "Spider-man gets the flu and gets his ass kicked by some shitter like the Vulture" stories that Marvel has published over the years.
>>
>>33256564
Because if you get rid of Ash, you get rid of Pikachu.
And as such, that means every protagonist will need a Pikachu of their own.
And if you're going to force everyone to have a Pikachu, you might as well just bring back Ash for that region and reset his powerlevel by making him leave everyone at Oak's and make Pikachu weak again.
>>
>>33256544
Not him, but what you says sums up to "its good because its what it is". Which is not an argument. Its because of this stockholm syndrome that we're stuck with this shitty show.

>>33256539
>Person is temporarily weakened, resulting in him losing a battle the audience knows he'd otherwise have won" is a super ancient trope.
That doesn't apply here because Person still had methods to win the fight.

>>33256557
I like how you proceed to blame me for not getting what the episode spells out yet you insist on this being me complaining about the anime not following game logic while replying to a post on which I clarify its not the case. If you have nothing else to add and can just resort to your default argument without even adressing how it doesn't apply then don't reply at all.
>>
>>33256572
>make Pikachu weak again
Which they don't do, no matter how many times people spam their "le level 5 Snivy" meme
>>
>>33256572
Yeah, it sucks that Ash's Pikachu is the only Pikachu in the world.
>>
>>33256572
Why does everyone need a Pikachu? Let the new starters have their time in the limelight

I'mnot saying don' use Pikachu, or even don't use Ash, just, keep him off to the side, rather than as the protagonist, have him show up as a Red-stand-in once or twice per series with his awesome Pikachu
>>
>>33256577
Pikachu was affected by Zekrom's Super Magic Ability That Removes Your Ability To Use Electricity And Also Severely Exhausts You If You Try To Use Electricity. That's why it lost. The episode outright says this. What would be the point of Zekrom weakening Pikachu just slightly but not so much it's enough to lose the battle that's the only thing that takes place while it's weakened?
>>
File: 1489516495970.jpg (15KB, 380x363px) Image search: [Google]
1489516495970.jpg
15KB, 380x363px
>>33256582
>Why does everyone need the face of Pokemon itself and one of the biggest mascots of all time?
The starters get their limelight, it's just that you don't think they do because most of them stay in base form.
But they remain in base form specifically because their base forms are easier to make merchandise out of and appeal to a wider audience.
>>
>>33256572
You could always, you know.

Have a new Pikachu with a different personality.
>>
>>33256587
>Pikachu was affected by Zekrom's Super Magic Ability That Removes Your Ability To Use Electricity And Also Severely Exhausts You If You Try To Use Electricity.
Pikachu can do other things aside from electricity.

>What would be the point of Zekrom weakening Pikachu just slightly but not so much it's enough to lose the battle that's the only thing that takes place while it's weakened?
You tell me, I dont write the ashnime. But what Zekrom did was specifically targeted to Pikachu's electricity.
>>
>>33256516
>His electricity. Pikachu has other powers. Like Iron Tail or any phisical attack. Even more in the anime than in the games.
It was shown in the episode that attempting to use electric attacks weakened it.

Holy shit anon, are you seriously for real? Is it THIS hard for you to wrap your head around the fact that the show portrayed Pikachu losing a battle because Zekrom stole its power for a while?
>>
>>33256596
this.

I mean, take the recent Capped Pikachu in the games. It would be more interesting if each represented a different character instead of different wardrobes of the same idiot.
>>
>>33256588
You're right

and the fact that you're right makes me incredibly angry

excuse me, I need to go punch a wall now to ease my rage and the idiocy of humanity and Japan's obsession with "cuteness" ruining the only competitive turn-based RPG
>>
>>33256599
...yes, but nobody knew what Zekrom's attack had done, and Pikachu had already become exhausted from the failed attempts at using electric attacks before anyone figured out what was going on.

Stop trying to mix game logic into this. There wasn't some giant text box popping up saying "Pikachu can not use this move now" that could be strategized around.
>>
>>33254077
It's only a fucking lycanroc, calm down
>>
>>33256582
Because Pikachu is the franchise's mascot, and the most recognizable mon.
>>
>>33256596
>personality
BAHAHAHA

Anyways, I don't even get why we're discussing this. They will never get rid of Ash, and as long as Ash is the main character the anime will be legitimately crippled from ever being good. At best it will always be mediocre.
>>
In just gonna put this out here lads, the anime was a mistake. USUM will be a mistake. Is there anything more retarded than releasing a """""new game""""" in the same region, likely with no new Pokémon. Who wants to collect Pokémon they've already got before.
>>
Is some sperg seriously trying to argue that Pikachu losing a battle against a fresh-from-the-lab Snivy while its power had been zapped by Zekrom had nothing to do with its power being zapped by Zekrom?
>>
>>33254049
>tfw you realize the only other new thing in USUM will be Ash's outfits for trainer customization
>>
>>33254049
oh for fucks sake gamefreak...I was willing to give this orange dog the benefit of the doubt, but now i'm pissed that its a one time gimmick,
>>
>>33256602
>It was shown in the episode that attempting to use electric attacks weakened it.
>https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash%27s_Pikachu#Moves_used
>quick attack
>double edge
>tackle
>Iron Tail
You can tackle without requiring electricity.

>>33256618
I wont even bother to counter argue this because you insist this is about game logic after I clarified multiple times it isn't. If you don't bother to argue properly I wont either.
>>
>>33256642
Yes.
>>
>>33256633
Had they fixed the issues of SM and added new features like past third versions it would have been okay. However it seems all they care about this time is jerking off the anime. And even that they do worse than Yellow did.
>>
>>33256623
Well, Pikachu has a personality...or at least, he used to. He has the same problem as Ash where he became more bland and generic over time.
>>
>>33256656
I think you might be retarded, anon.
Here, I'll explain it in game stats to you:
>Pikachu is affected by a status condition that causes all its stats to drop if it uses an electric move, and which also causes the electric move to fail
>Pikachu tries using an electric move
>it can now no longer fight as well as before

This is seriously not complicated.
>>
>>33256656
weakened IT, anon. Pikachu attempting to use electric attacks weakens PIKACHU. Yes, you can tackle without electricity, but you're still weakened from your earlier attempt at using electricity, so you can't tackle as well as you'd normally would.
>>
>>33256668
Did he really, though? Sure there was that initial "I don't like you so I'm going to be a brat about it" stuff, but after they became friends, what was his personality?
>>
>>33256656
Maybe you should watch the episode instead of looking at Bulbapedo if you want to understand what happened in the episode?
>>
Why is everyone trying so desperately to defend the anime by focusing on whether Pikachu losing to Snivy is the determining factor? It still doesn't provide an in-universe explanation for why Ash acted like a moron for multiple gyms in Unova, never used counter shield, or even why he lost so horribly against Shootie in their first real match (the 5v5 one). That's just a few things I thought of off the top of my head.

I don't dislike the anime but if you're going to argue that the show isn't horribly inconsistent it flies the face of decades of episode of it doing just that.
>>
>>33256674
>Pikachu is lvl 100 at this point(you introduced game logic so deal with it)
>stats have been lowered somehow that much that they're below a lvl 5 mon
for the sake of argument, lets accept this.

>Pikachu can only use electric moves
This is wrong in either case.

Also, on game logic(again, you got into this) electric attacks aren't that good against Grass so Ash is a retard for attempting to use them instead of normal type attacks. Ash is supposed to be a seasoned trainer that only lost his previous league because the other guy used a legendary. He's supposed to know this at this point.

>>33256694
>so you can't tackle as well as you'd normally would.
For a mon that fought so much that shouldn't be an issue against a mon that has barely fought, if at all.

>>33256706
Does that episode list every non electric Pikachu attack?
>>
>getting this defensive over someone claiming the anime has shit and inconsistent writing because it does
Is this really happening? Are you five years old?
>>
>>33255608
He's happy.
>>
>Its the unique pokemon tô have event-only evolution

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33256711
If an exhausted and temporary crippled pro athlete went up against a rookie, he could very well lose. You are arguing this is impossible.
>>
>>33256701
I'm working off some really old memories but I recall Pikachu being pretty mischievous and occasionally petty. The example I can think of is the Primeape leaving episode where he tricks Meowth into taking the shock trap- it's a silly gag, but it's something.

Over time he's just sort of become the "adult of the group", for lack of a better description. Apologists will say that that's character development, but it's more likely the writers are just too lazy to have Pikachu really do anything other than battle anymore. They focus any "character building" on Ash's new Pokemon, which is appropriate.
>>
>>33256665
To be fair we haven't seen a great deal of what the games have to offer but from the looks of it and based off of previous re-releases it will be the same shit but with a different climax.
>>
>>33254049
God fucking damnit gamefreak, not this shit again. There is no sensible reason for making this pokemon event exclusive. It is literally just an interesting recolor. No fucking reason to event lock it. Let normal rockruff evolve into it by some out-of-the-way means if you think your orange recolor is so special. But please for fucks sake not another event.
>>
>>33256708
Because
1) That "le level 5 Snivy lol" shit gets spammed all the time by people that read it on funnyjunk or wherever, and it's always been complete horseshit. BW has enough actual flaws you don't need to constantly harp on a nonexistent one.
2) It's usually also used to "prove" that Pikachu gets reset every gen for no reason, which is equally bullshit.

It's not people trying to defend the anime, and definitely not people trying to defend BW, it's just people getting really tired of faggots harping on the exact same non-issue over and over.

Nobody defends shit like the Elesa gym, but the kind of faggots that harp on muh Snivy tend to not even know that episode exists.
>>
>>33256712
Certain women defend an abosuive husband no matter how hard he kicks the shit out of them
>>
>>33256730
That's different as said athlete has only one way of beating the rookie. If that way is crippled then the rookie could win.

This isn't the case though.
>>
>>33256742
There's a really easy answer too. Have the event Rockruff hold a z-crystal or other special item that triggers the evolution when a Rockruff holds it and hits level 25.
Boom, it's the same as the XY Blazikenite Torchic no one had a problem with.
>>
File: 1471145333080.jpg (128KB, 728x542px) Image search: [Google]
1471145333080.jpg
128KB, 728x542px
I'm sure I'm the minority but personally I kinda like that they're giving the anime lead some special rare Pokemon and I hope this continues being a trend. I don't even like the anime, I just think it's a cool thing kids will enjoy.
>>
>>33256712
It's literally just one faggot screaming some misremembered "facts" from an episode and than calling everyone that corrects him on these facts autists.
>>
>>33256762
I hate the anime and think things like capped Pikachu and Ash Greninja are neat. But it would be better if they weren't tied to a show I have to sacrifice my brain cells for.
>>
>>33256748
Anon, it's a fucking cartoon for kids. If it spelled out clearly in the episode itself that Pikachu lost against a rookie Snivy because Zekrom temporarily fucked with its power, it's not a plot hole or a reset or whatever you're trying so hard to insist on.
>>
>>33256770
I like Capped Pikachu and don't mind Lycanroc-Dawn, but Ash-Greninja is a bit too much for me. Getting a super rare Pokemon is fine, but getting one that more or less morphs into a self-insert of you is some ridiculous shit that feels really out-of-place in Pokemon.
>>
>>33256787
>Anon, it's a fucking cartoon for kids.
As said, not an argument.

> If it spelled out clearly in the episode itself that Pikachu lost against a rookie Snivy because Zekrom temporarily fucked with its power, it's not a plot hole or a reset or whatever you're trying so hard to insist on.
You're just repeating the declaration here without arguing it. And I never said its a reset, as its said why it happened.
>>
>>33256802
Are you autistic, anon? Serious question. Because this looks like a very simple plot point that everyone other than you understood without any problems.
>>
>>33256802
I don't know if it was you, but this is the post that started the whole Snivy debate.
>>33256296
If you want to call it bad writing or a clumsy explanation, fine, that's your opinion. But it's not a plot hole, seeing as how the episode very explicitly had an explanation for it.
>>
>>33256815
>Are you autistic, anon? Serious question.
Well, I was able to drop a show after seeing it become shit instead of following blindly for 20 years. Not sure how am I even close to the most autistic in here.

>Because this looks like a very simple plot point that everyone other than you understood without any problems.
That's false because:
-I'm not the only person criticizing this fight, not even in this very thread.
-the ashnime fanbase will like anything the show does, so of course they wont have any problems.
-even if you were right, it'd be ad populum

>>33256827
That post wasn't me.

>seeing as how the episode very explicitly had an explanation for it.
No, the explanation explained other phenomenon, manely Pikachu's deal with electricity. Doesn't justify Pikachu losing. It's not an explanation and insisting on it won't magically change it.
>>
>>33256838
Okay, how would have written the episode to "justify" the loss according to your impeccable standards, then?
>>
>>33256838
>I'm right because everyone that defends anything in the anime is autistic
wew
>>
>>33256855
Anon's going to say it couldn't. Pikachu should automatically win against a fresh starter 100%.
>>
>>33256838
Considering your "inb4 DURR ZEKROM HAHA" here, it's pretty obvious you've been sperging about this before and been told the exact same things then.

Maybe, just maybe people keep giving you the same explanation because that IS the explanation?
>>
>>33256855
>lets see you do better!
Not an argument.

>>33256859
>I will ignore every other argument and put words on the other's side mouth
wew
>>
>>33256865
You called it >>33256876
>>
>>33256875
>Considering your "inb4 DURR ZEKROM HAHA" here, it's pretty obvious you've been sperging about this before and been told the exact same things then.
Yeah, and proven wrong every time.

>Maybe, just maybe people keep giving you the same explanation because that IS the explanation?
ad populum. If that were the explanation then you'd be able to adress the counterarguments without resorting to calling me autistic.

>>33256881
Not really, I attacked the "lets see you do better" card, didn't say anything about Pikachu always having to win against a starter. Of course, to know this you should be able to read the post and, as expected of an ashnimefag, you can't.
>>
>>33256888
So what is your counterargument? Pikachu should have won despite it's electric attacks being disabled by using another tactic?
>>
>>33256876
>the explanation they gave in the episode doesn't work
>how should they have explained it instead?
>Not an argument!
You can't make this up.
>>
>>33256827
True, but realise that the bad writing exists solely to avoid a plot hole

If the risk of the plot hole wasn't there, the bad writing wouldn't have happened, so my argument still stands, from a certain point of view

Or I'm bullshitting you, who knows?
>>
>>33256888
You still didn't explain what kind of explanation for this plot point your autism would have accepted.
>>
>>33256907
Considering you've been here for like two hours sperging about this, I somehow doubt you're bullshitting anyway.
>>
>>33256900
>So what is your counterargument?
More than one argument attempt has been made so there's more than one counterargument, but regarding

>Pikachu should have won despite it's electric attacks being disabled by using another tactic?
Yes, Pikachu can do non-electric attacks as posted plenty of times and never properly adressed.

>>33256903
Your point is based on the assumption that the episode can only go one way. Maybe Pikachu didn't have to lose to Snivy to give the rival an ego boost, for example, you could try other things. Also, me giving another explanation won't change the episode that already aired. And this argument isn't about how could I explain something I didn't write, is how the given explanation for what other people wrote doesn't work. Basically you've stopped arguing in favor of the show(or at least in favor of the episode) and against my own writing skills which aren't into question here. Same for >>33256919
>>
>>33256926
What? That was the other guy, the guy who responded to my post here >>33256309
>>
>>33256954
It was mentioned multiple times that Pikachu got exhausted from trying to use Electric attacks, and that this played a large role in its loss.
>>
>>33257019
>use electric attack
>shit that doesnt work!
>use non electric attack
there you go anon, its not that hard.
>>
>>33257048
You're operating on video game logic. It took everyone a while to figure out what the fuck was going on.
Also, Pikachu would already be weakened at the point it'd try that non electric attack, so that genius plan of yours wouldn't work either.
>>
>>33257057
>You're operating on video game logic.
I insisted multiple times I'm not and why. If you wont adress this, I wont adress your point either.
>>
>>33257048
I don't believe for one second you actually watched the episode.
>>
>>33257077
Please explain how the fuck anyone would magically assume the reason the first attack didn't work was because it was an electric attack.
>>
>>33257081
>Pikachu tries to use electricity
>it fails
>>
>>33257096
>anon tries firing a gun
>no bullet comes out
>shit, I must have been cursed by a wizard that prevents me from firing guns
This is video game logic.
>>
>>33257096
Now explain why your thought would be "it must have failed specifically because it was an electric attack" and not "why the fuck did that not work?"

This shit is being presented with a tone of realism, anon, it's not status screens and messages telling you exactly why shit doesn't work.
>>
>>33257048
>>33257096
You are a horrendously autistic faggot with a severe inability to understand piss basic writing aimed at a very young audience.

Just saiyan.
>>
>>33257113
>gun doesnt fire
>therefore I can't hit someone with the handle
this is what you fags are saying

>>33257126
>not "why the fuck did that not work?"
So Ash should start wondering why in the middle of the battle instead of, you know, actually battling? And Pikachu could still move fine so at the very least attempting to go physical should be an option.

>>33257144
No, I just don't accept everything given at me because it has the pokemon brand.
>>
>>33257173
It's a friendly trainer battle and something is clearly wrong with his living and breathing Pikachu, it's not some bits and bytes in a video game. Of course he should worry about what the hell is going on.
>>
>>33257202
Just checked the battle. He does. And then he keeps battling instead of calling the battle out so its irrelevant whether he worried.
Also, Pikachu attempts to use iron tail, so the argument of him not being able to use non electric attacks is moot.
>>
File: 1502239091548.jpg (47KB, 688x501px) Image search: [Google]
1502239091548.jpg
47KB, 688x501px
This is fucking stupid!
Did they even TRY to do something right?
Thread posts: 352
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.