[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst way to do online the series has ever come up with, by far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: festivalplaza.jpg (35KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
festivalplaza.jpg
35KB, 400x240px
Worst way to do online the series has ever come up with, by far
>>
kys stupid faggot
>>
>>33252576
Seriously what were they thinking?
>>
Not only that but also the worst """minigames""" this series has ever had.

Who the fuck thought that walking around in a circle and answering the same stupid questions over and over should even qualify as a minigame? What happened to fun and engaging stuff like the Pokéathlon?
>>
>>33252600
All you have to have to have is a menu accessible by the bottom screen
XY/ORAS did it right the first time
>>
>>33252640
Not to mentiom only a handful of these players are in your plaza at a time, severely limiting your options of battle and trade

Also is it just me or did they seriously fuck up online battles? In Gen 6 you just click on battle and find someone.

In gen 7 you have some battle spot shit.
>>
It's a miracle pokepelago turned out as well as it did.
>>
>>33252576
Still better than the worst gens 1, 2 and 3, that didn't even have online
>>
I can forgive them for almost everything about the plaza. but I can't forgive them for introducing those dye stations which make it impossible for you to have all clothing in the game.
>>
>>33252655
Pokepelago is actually really cool and very easy to use

The EV training while you don't even have to play the game is great
>>
>>33252655
>game plays itself for you
>>
This dumpster fire of a feature by itself prevents SM from being anything above a 6/10. When you consider how multiplayer focused the entire franchise is at its core then it can drop even further, regardless of what you think of the rest of the game.
>>
>>33252703
>When you consider how multiplayer focused the entire franchise is
I agree that the Festival Plaza is garbage but fuck you for actually thinking this.
>>
Gen IV online
>all random online interactions are located at Jubilife/Goldenrod, friend interactions and minigames are at any Pokecenter
>battling is restricted to friends on the base cart, but trading works with anyone
>Pokemon Battle Revolution is necessary to battle random players
>foreign Pokemon get bonus Exp. and can be used to breed for shinies, rewarding players for trading with people from afar
Gen V online
>all online interactions are located at the Pokecenter
>random battling is introduced, along with GTS Negotiations
>Join Avenue in BW2, giving bonuses for communicating with other people
Gen VI online
>PSS introduced, allowing for players to communicate at any place in-game, and stay connected even as they adventure/breed
>chat system, allowing players to let everyone know what they want/need or just have a basic status message for a personal flair
>profile pictures that easily tell apart XY and ORAS players
>GTS Negotiations replaced with trade requests, however, emotes have been removed
>GTS now allows players to search for Pokemon by name to get a certain species they've never seen before
>Pokemiles reward players for trading with people from afar, just like foreign Pokemon
>Secret Bases are now shared through the internet, rewarding ORAS players for connecting online

It's a huge step back from Gen VI's online, which is a real shame. However, it's not the worst, that would go to Gen IV's, and even then, it's justified in being the first.
>>
>>33252703
Eh, it's still better than DPPtHGSS' implementation. And better than them overall.
>>
>>33252576
I agree actually.
>>
>>33252685
You still have to earn beans to even upgrade, you work for it
>>
>>33253784
As well as actual pokemon in your pc, lots of them
>>
It's way worse than Gen VI period. It's better than IV or V when only doing randoms, and it's nice to be able to access it whenever, but when playing with friends it's dogshit.
>>
>>33252576
Abso fucking lutely. Atrocious abomination.
>>
>you have to disconnect and reconnect to the internet to change your team
WHY
>>
>>33252655
Yeah, at least there's that.

Getting rid of the PSS, Super Training, etc.. is still fucking shitty, though. I seriously HATE that Gamefreak does this shit. They come up with cool ideas, and instead of improving and expanding upon them in the next game, they get rid of it, so that it feels "special". It's just so asinine and completely betrays the benefits of video games as a medium.

Instead of improving, they stay stagnant.
>>
>>33252576
Join Avenue was a lot of fun, I don't get how they managed to butcher the concept as bad as they did with Festival Plaza.
>>
>>33253846
They want to "surprise" you and avoid complaints about the games being samey. Of course, the games get called samey anyway because they fucking are, by all means they should be iterative in every way, but GF artificially kills random features to give off a different impression.
>>
I don't use online as I do not own wifi so I don
t care.
>>
>>33253824
No, you don't have it. when you choose battle box or your party, you can change the pokemon on there.
>>
>>33253879
I hope N.Korea nukes your 3rd world ass.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.