[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170807-143751.jpg (1MB, 968x1627px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170807-143751.jpg
1MB, 968x1627px
Pokken is coming and i am personally hyped over it!
>>
>>33252235

At this point, I might buy it just to spite Poké Barney.
>>
>>33252246
Maybe we should all do it and it ended up being really hyped
>>
When is it coming again?
>>
>>33252235
Sad to see Pokken be dead on arrival. Looked like a fun game.
>>
>>33252235
Gengar, Weavile and Empoleon are some of my favorites so I'll be buying every Pokken game til they aren't there anymore

I have a burning need to master my bros
>>
>>33252235
I realize this is likely falseflagging/anti-Barney, but I genuinely agree. Pokken is fucking great, extremely balanced. New additions are great, too, can't wait to play Scizor.
>>
>>33254273
I think a ton of people bought because it was Pokemon and look but played for few weeks than dropped it. It happend with me

Not worth putting time into it
>>
>>33252235
For your sake I hope you didn't buy WiiU version
>>
>>33252235
I'd buy it if I had a Switch.
>>
>>33254316
I had mine on wii u. No regrets. Gonna get a switch for pokken but also to prepare for the upcoming switch games.
>>
>>33254313
>Not worth putting time into it

Why?

>i-it's dead

The online is still active to this day, as is the competitive scene, it's not dead
>>
Yeah its always easy to find players online. With 3v3 available, may make online matches more interesting
>>
Lets not forget also that wii u was pretty much a poor selling console. Switch is way more popular and thus theres a chance that the player pool would be larger
>>
>>33254534
I doubt it. Pokken is no Mario Kart
>>
I enjoyed pokken, it was actually pretty fun. No body said it will reach the popularity of mario kart but doesnt mean that it will do badly
>>
>>33254534
Right now the user base is 10 million less than WII u though. The opening will be far less

It will be completely be forgotten about the time switch passes Wii u in sales.

There are many many better games to choose and buy then pokken dx
>>
>>33256536
> There are many many better games to choose and buy then pokken dx

I get what you are trying to say but Pokken's only competitors on the switch as of now are Arms and Blade stranges and in my opinion Pokken is probably a much better game than either of those too. With that said what you said is reasonable there are other games like Splatoon and MK8 that casual gamers should probably buy before Pokken but I'd like to believe that it will atleast equal it's original sales and player base since right now it is the only option for a fighter on the Switch.
>>
>>33256678
That's if you want to play a fighting game. Casuals will choose ARMS because it's more similar to Wii boxing

Anybody who seriously cares about fighting games would have a ps4 anyways

They should have instead of porting it. They should released pokken 2 close to when gen 8 Pokemon comes out. When most Pokemon fans pick up a switch. Pokken would be east seĺl

But now it's just gonna be forgotten about pretty quickly
>>
>Still no Nidorino

I'll pass
>>
>>33256726
>They should have instead of porting it. They should released pokken 2 close to when gen 8 Pokemon comes out.

Yeah, this never crossed my mind but now that you mentioned it sounds like a good idea they could have even added some never before seen Gen 8 mon to hype up the new game and then maybe in this scenario the game would have sold itself. It really is unfortunate that they rushed this out to fill gap between Switch game releases. I mean im happy that I will get to enjoy this game soon but just putting it out there hoping people would buy it since theyre starving for games on the Switch didn't do it any favours.
>>
Kinda hope they don't waste the dev time making more characters for this and work on a sequel instead.
>>
Casual will choose arms? Lets not underestimate the popularity of pokemon. Some people like me, who usually dont play fighting game, will go for it, because its pokemon. And theres also some who are into fighting game and pokemon
>>
>>33252235
FOR DECIDUEYE
>>
>>33256863
ARMS has sold pretty well but the discussion on it died even faster than Pokken. Which is kind of weird when you remember how Nintendo tried to turn this into the second coming of Splatoon
>>
>>33256911
It worked saleswise at least
>>
>>33256911
But arms will have free dlc something pokken never had

New characters, modes and arenas

Pokken wants you to buy all that for 59.99 again
>>
They knew that wii u is dying and thus pushing all the new content to switch version to kinda force people to get switch pokken.

However when pokken was on wii u they had released free dlc and new characters. (Other then the latest 4 new arcade characters)
>>
>>33256971
>Pokken wants you to buy all that for 59.99 again
Pokken DX is for people who didn't play the original

Switch doesn't have many original games to begin with, ARMS is pretty much the only one that isn't a port but it's mediocre at best
>>
We cant compare ARMS and pokken by using the argument that arms sales were good when pokken is not even out.

The only fairer judgement when pokken has been released for a period of time, then u might want to compare sales
>>
>>33257097
And pokken isn't medicore? Nothing about game is unique
>>
>>33257132
>Nothing about game is unique
And that children is how you spot someone who has never played the game
>>
>>33257154
I have played the game and I wish I didn't play buy it. Its not unique at aĺl
>>
>>33257192
Name another game with phase shifts or assist sets
>>

Don't reply
>>
Looking at comg and Amazon Japan. This game is gonna bomb in sales in japan
>>
>>33257154
A dynamic fighting pokemon game is already unique. Just like some love naruto fighting. Some like dragonball.

Some people already just like pokemon fighting that is not restricted to turn base, by that itself, is already a selling point. I get that some people may not like that. But similarly there will be others with opposing preference
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.