[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Movie 20 hype die so fast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: eUXDoma.jpg (169KB, 1900x770px) Image search: [Google]
eUXDoma.jpg
169KB, 1900x770px
It seems like interest in this movie died far faster than any other pokemon movie recently, and that's saying a lot. It's like once it was confirmed Misty/Brock weren't in the movie all the normies or casual Pokemon fans stopped caring altogether and vowed to never watch it.

But even for people who don't care about the lack of Misty/Brock, it seems many others stopped caring too.
>>
>>33250564
Is because PokéMovies became monotone: Every year they make a movie only for distribute a Mythical Pokémon in Japan so Pokéfans "must" go to Theaters to get their Mythical and at the same time see the same plot with new Pokémon, new villains (M20 was an exception), the same boy and his Pikachu, the Legendary that is the main protagonist, etc., and then announce the next year movie so they milk it it year after year.
>>
>>33250564
The casuals didn't even know about the movie until last month. That's why the internet suddenly exploded in rage over the lack of Misty and Brock - that's when all the casuals read on Shitaku that they weren't in this movie they hadn't heard of before then.
>>
You faggots still watch Pokemon? I can understand the games, but that anime shit should have been dropped in Johto. Grow up!
>>
>>33250714
This.
>>
>>33250564
Pokemon movies's hype die really fast most of the time.
At least this one kinda succed in movie theaters unlike most of recent movies
>>
File: 1501798115924.jpg (880KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501798115924.jpg
880KB, 1024x768px
>>33250564
>It seems like interest in this movie died far faster than any other pokemon movie recently,

I think I may know why.
>>
Even if misty and brook were in movie it wouldn't change the fact that the story is a mess

There is nothing to talk about regarding it
>>
>>33250714
DP was the best Poke anime of all time. Telling us to drop it in the substandard original series would have been an injustice.
>>
>>33250714
Hoenn was the last full season I kept up with, every season after that I either just watched gym battles or leagues.
>>
>>33252943
seriously, it was the most half assed retcon if I've ever seen one. Everything gets changed just because ash didn't steal misty's bike? Including the bullshit shoehorn of non kanto pokemon to try to justify that pokemon exist everywhere and not season by season and the 'idk what the fuck is going on' marshadow side story.
>>
Lucario and Incineroar is in it so the Fur fags is ready to splurge on this film
>>
>>33253071
Everything changed when ho oh. Rainbow wing fell to ash
>>
>>33253086
It was implied that him not stealing the bike is the whole reason it set in motion, think some multiverse what-if shit
>>
File: 1320552817562.jpg (138KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1320552817562.jpg
138KB, 1440x900px
Because even in Serebii's half-assed movie summary written by someone who has a subpar grasp of English you can tell nothing happens for 85% of the movie. The only key points you give a fuck about you can read in 3 sentences and 1 paragraph. This movie is trash and for the 20th movie, it's probably just drawing people to get their tiny Ubers King and be done with it. I'm extremely convinced half the audience was fucking around with phones during the entire viewing.
>>
>>33253115
No it wasn't. The movie was based on the first episode. Bike scene never happened
>>
>>33253115
There's severe changes to shit from the very start. This isn't some autistic butterfly effect bullshit, it's just an alternate universe story.
>>
>>33250564
>It seems like interest in this movie died far faster than any other pokemon movie recently, and that's saying a lot.
No it didn't.

>It's like once it was confirmed Misty/Brock weren't in the movie all the normies or casual Pokemon fans stopped caring altogether and vowed to never watch it.
the hype, at least for casual pokemons fans died after the movie was aired and someone uploaded a resume of the movie, we got everything we wanted to now and now there's no reason to be hyped about it anymore.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.