[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until we can evolve into Pokémon, Game Freak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

How long until we can evolve into Pokémon, Game Freak?
>>
File: reburst_001_46-47.png (1MB, 1427x1024px) Image search: [Google]
reburst_001_46-47.png
1MB, 1427x1024px
>>
>>33249839
edgy
>>
>>33249817
Frontier was fucking awful. I'd call it the worst but I can't even dare as long as Xros Wars exists.
>>
>>33249839

Who the fuck were they trying to appeal to with this manga

The whole appeal of Pokemon is that humans and Pokemon are friends and partners

Turning Pokemon into mere power-ups for the humans defeats the purpose
>>
File: 1495216618699.jpg (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1495216618699.jpg
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>33249817
Probably in gen9. In gen8 the new gimmick is going to be something about abilities. Then the next generation you can be your own 7th pokemon.
>>
>>33250478
It's often speculated by Japanese fans that it was originally the author's super generic shonen battle manga idea that he couldn't get published, so he somehow convinced TPC to let him turn it into a shitty Pokemon manga.

And then the writer bailed halfway through and the artist had make shit up for the second half of the plot. The writer has never worked on anything else afterwords.
>>
>>33249817
Hopefully never.
>>
>>33250624
upper left mouth looks like an anus
>>
>>33250624
This might keep my interest in the series.
>>
>>33250449
12 year old girl detected
>>
>>33250449
I disagree.

It was unironically the best out if the installments. Reminded me of the Power Rangers, just done better.
>>
>>33250449
Xros wars bad?
>Monsters are allies not things to be sent out in battle
>no cute monsters introduced aside from cutemon
>everyone has a reason for joining the cause
>villains have motivation as apposed to just being evil
> Darkknightmon
>bad ass battle themes
> DIGIXROS
>Shoutmon is the real protagonist, taiki is just there for filler

Good shit.
>>
>>33253911
Maybe he was talking about Hunters. Hunters' existence alone should be the only reason why anyone would consider Xros Wars the worst season considering that it's officially the third arc rather than its own two cour season.
>>
>>33250449
>frontier
>bad
I AM THE ONE
HUWAH
I AM THE ONE
>>
>>33253988
Frontier's dub music was pure bliss. It's a shame they never made the soundtrack available.
>>
>>33253024
Frontier is weird to discuss because a lot of the people who hate it only dislike it because they personally don't like the Super Sentai transformations replacing Digimon partners or the fact they went back to the earlier kiddy tone compared to Tamers going darker, and didn't actually watch the show much at all.

The actual writing problems are the amount of filler drawing out the later part of the series, the Velgemon, Cherubimon, and Royal Knights arcs in particular and the fact that Frontier is worse than any of the other series about focusing only on the main boy and rival and fucking over everyone else.
>>
>>33250449
Frontier was great. Best series, in fact.

Would be a shit idea for Pokémon though since they're not just data. Though I guess if they had a crossover with a proper JRPG and used them as magic power ups that might make more sense.
>>
Frontier focused on Takuya and Koji too much. Not to mention the second half's pacing issues.
>>
File: Digimon-01.gif (97KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon-01.gif
97KB, 400x300px
>>33253024
>>33253988
>>33255341
Savers > Frontier
>>
>>33253988
not an argument
>>
>>33253934
IDK man, hunters was bad because of a budget cut more so than anything...
If it was allowed to continue par course and be a full fledged season it would have been alright....

Think about it almost every season aside from the first Xros wars had monster of the week deals for at least the first 8-9 episodes before the plot actually kicked off.
>>
>>33256750
Hunters was only made because Toei needed to secure a timeslot for Saint Seiya Omega. It was doomed from the beginning.
>>
>>33253999
SHITTY fake as fuck culturally appropriated African drums as apposed to smooth jazz and orchestral themes?
The fuck are you smoking?
If they at least had authentic african drums it would have been much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni49-CA_Vso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj8Oj0-blGE
>>
>>33256798
Did I say that I didn't like the original music?
>>
>>33256798
>muh cultural appropriation
>muh authentic african drumps
>muh smooth jazz
found the sjw nigger
>>
>>33256757
>33256757
well shit dude...That's awful!
In that case it should have a dignified ending
they even had the ost for it.

Imagine a heartfelt goodbye with one of these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJqH-kM7BU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q43OuEccCJM
>>
File: 1369208665997.png (274KB, 762x963px) Image search: [Google]
1369208665997.png
274KB, 762x963px
>>33249839
I'm okay with this.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.