[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: legendaries.png (162KB, 436x369px) Image search: [Google]
legendaries.png
162KB, 436x369px
>
>>
Where are the other 5 legendary mons?
>>
delet this
>>
>>33249349
Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Mewtwo, and Mew?
>>
>>33249324
Reminder that Cloyster and Gyarados were tied for the highest BST of non-legends in Gen I
>>
>>33249324
>can catch growlithes by the hundreds in a generic route
>can buy fire stones by the hundreds in the city right next to the route
>not even that strong in his own debut gen
I can't feel bad for Arcanine being cucked out of his legendary status when he never deserved it in the first place.
>>
>>33249398
Growlithe wasn't a thing until after he had already been removed from Legendary status. Ever wonder why Growlithe is literally just Arcanine but smaller?
>>
>>33249324
It's amazing hoe Arcanine was never good and yet those birds except Zapdos are even worse.
>>
>>33249371
>What is Dragonite?
>>
There's a minor misconception brought about by translation. Arcanine is referred to as the でんせつポケモン (Densetsu Pokémon; Legend Pokémon) in Japanese, while it's referred to as the Legendary Pokémon in English. However, the term "Legendary Pokémon" is slightly different in Japanese, where it's でんせつのポケモン/伝説のポケモン (Densetsu no Pokémon).
>>
>>33250067
t. Someone who never watched the anime
>>
>>33249898
Not counting Dragonite obviously you fucking retard
>>
>>33250161
Caterpie has the highest sp.def out of all pokemon
Not counting anything higher
>>
>>33250272
Speed Deoxys is the slowest existing pokemon not counting anything slower
>>
>>33250161
>obviously

What about that was obvious?
>>
>>33250333
Because people always use Arcanine's massive BST as "evidence" that it was planned to be a legend. Even though in Gen I this wasn't the case
>>
>>33249672
Can you not pull your shit headcannons out of your ass and throw them on here for us all to see?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>33250366
You're too young to know of what you speak.

Between it being classified as the 'legendary Pokemon', the BST being unnaturally high for a random Pokemon that was seemingly the counterpart to Ninetales, and this unexplained scene from the anime...it seems pretty likely that it was originally intended to be a genuine legend.
>>
>>33250544
And I'm talking about the updated BST's before you say anything. I think it was given a high BST when they readjusted everything as a nod to its origin.
>>
>>33250544
>unnaturally high
Not in Gen I, no. Not to mention other counterparts (Victreebel and Vileplume) had drastic BST differences. Don't forget Growlithe also has a lower index number than any of the other legendaries.

Now get out of here with your shitty headcanon.
>>
>>33250570
>I-it was given a higher BST long after Gen I was over and there was no need for it to be a legend!
again, stop with the headcanon
>>
>>33250089
It's an anime misconception as well. They probably didn't differentiate with the の. Arcanine is called the Legend Pokémon because it's based on an actual creature of legend in the real world. Pokémon categories and Pokédex entries are allowed to acknowledge real life things, especially at the beginning of Generation I which was just a reimagining of our world and even used the name Kanto. Legendary Pokémon are a classification of Pokémon outside of its category that implies rarity and power.
>>
File: 1jhmb.jpg (87KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1jhmb.jpg
87KB, 720x540px
>>33251294
Literally ban yourself.
>>
>>33250161
Yeah, he's the retard here....
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.