[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys hate everything new? Everyone else liked the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (118KB, 1401x740px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
118KB, 1401x740px
Why do you guys hate everything new? Everyone else liked the 3d games except you people.People even seemed to like sm here for the first month.
>>
>>33248419
But I still love sm
>>
File: 1483155414771.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1483155414771.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
Stop acting surprised about /vp/'s contrarianism
>>
Pokebarneyfag posted enough to condition people into being doomposters
>>
>>33248419

I still like SM, and think that it has a lot of potential if USM improves on things.

Don't worry to much, everybody hates the the most recent two generations basically at all times. (Though I still think XY was bad)
>>
>>33248419
We hated it, we still hate it and we are still going to hate it. Same with XY.
>>
>>33248419
XY was shit
ORAS was worse than RS

SM was decent imo, but is terrible at telling a story without expo dumping the player.
>>
Contrarian teenagers
>>
Then why is

Neogaf Pokemon
Gamefaqs
Serebii fourm
Bulba garden
/vp/
Pokemom Tumblr
All dead
Poketubers quitting because the games are boring now

Why did people get upset when usm was announced if everyone loves the 3ds games?
>>
>>33248419
Because the games have very real, gameplay-inhibiting flaws and /vp/ is pessimistic as fuck
>>
What I don't get is how people can claim the new gens are bad/the death of the series but still enjoy BW. A lot of the arguments used against the new gens can still apply to BW1 and even BW2. Gym leaders with only 3 Pokemon and an E4 with 4 applies to both BW1 and BW2, unless you apply Challenge Mode to 2 which in itself is an ordeal, and you're constantly interrupted by Cheren/Bianca/N in BW1.
>>
>>33248480
because Unova was a good region
>>
Mostly people just following the meme opinion so they can be hip and edgy too.

SM never impressed me during pre-release though, and while it did some neat things, for the most part it was easily the worst entry for me because the most important elements of the series were either worse than they've ever been or at least a step back from prior titles.
>>
>>33248486
Out of curiosity, what did you like about Unova (whether it be BW1's or BW2's Unova) that you felt was missing in Kalos and Alola?
>>
New Pokemon games are intentionally being dumbed down and Game Freak are intentionally putting less effort into their games. They have openly admitted this yet some retards blindly defend the new games for no real reason.
>>
>>33248419
I legitimately did not like X and Y. I was worried the series lost it's steam and was going to do very poorly.

Then Sun and Moon came, which ended up being my 2nd favorite games in the series. Very excited for USUM, just waitint for more info.

The new Lycanroc form doesn't bother me, could have been designed a bit better but it's something new. So what's the issue?

Every other 3rd version/sequel has gotten nothing but praise, even Yellow version which is the least new or different out of all of them.
>>
>>33248452
>PokeTubers quitting now

100% false
>>
>>33248527
Do not respond to pokebarneyfags pasta.
>>
SunMoon>Xy=Oras
>>
>>33248505
Not that person, but I loved Unova because the whole region reminded me of my own backyard. Suburban American neighborhoods with some rural areas thrown in. Was very comfy, and the art style was so good too.
>>
>>33248419
i don't hate the game, i hate how it was designed
>>
>>33248480
The gen 5 games had a lot of the flaws that the 3DS games have. I'd argue that some of the flaws in modern Pokemon games can be traced back to gen 4 or even gen 3. But underneath, BW and BW2 felt like polished, complete games despite their flaws. The 3DS games feel like low-effort projects, which is probably because they are low-effort projects.
>>
>>33248543
BW2 was the last Pokemon game with a soul.
>>
>>33248419
>Everyone else liked the 3d games except you people
le it's popular so it's good meme

>People even seemed to like sm here for the first month
new toy syndrome

In short, lurk more, newfag
>>
>>33248539
So I take it that Unova was a more "familiar" region than Kalos and Alola? I can kind of understand that, since Kalos had a lot of oddball/fantasy locations like Laverre and Anistar, while Alola really tried to hammer down the point that you're a foreigner.
>>
>>33248505
lots of optional areas and dungeons
I also liked the aesthetic like this anon >>33248539 although I liked Kalos's aesthetic too
>>
File: 1493588114633.jpg (25KB, 324x268px) Image search: [Google]
1493588114633.jpg
25KB, 324x268px
>>33248419
If everyone else jumped off a bridge would you do so? I don't shape my tastes on what public consensus is, if I don't like something I'm going to say such no matter how much it makes NeoGAF mad.
>>
>>33248419
Me and my gf are playing them right now.
We both hated the first island because there's too fucking much hand holding and cutscenes every two steps, you literally can't do shit because the game moves you around the areas.
After beating the fucktard fat gramps that uses fighting types the game became fucking good. Now we're enjoying it a lot, and I can undestand the complaints, but they're over exaggerated.
They might not be the best, but they're still leagues better than DiaPer.
My rankings:
>Great Tier:
GSC/BW/BW2/HGSS
>Good Tier
XY/SM/RBY
>Ok tier
RSE/FRLG
>so-so tier
DPPt/ORAS
>>
>>33248437
Fuck off with your "muh Zelda Cycle!" bullshit. Last generation you were claiming it was only one generation because people were saying positive things about Gen 5 and shitting on Gen 6, but people are STILL saying positive things about Gen 5 and shitting on Gen 6 so you've had to move the goalposts. Is it going to be three generations once Gen 8 starts and Ohmori fails to fix what went wrong with ORAS and SM (and probably USM given how they refuse to show us any actual improvements)?
>>
>>33248543
Gen 3 and Gen 4 are a transitional period with each release except FRLG bringing us a bit closer to the problems with the modern era. Gen 5 is the start of the modern era, and pretty much all the same level of quality with the same design philosophies.
>>
>>33248527
Shady penguin changed his channel pokemon to everything gaming because of sun and moon

Shofu who said sun and moon were the best games in the franchise recently said it was lackster and dry
>>
>>33248519
This.
>>
>>33248419
SM weren't even Pokemon games. I legit don't understand how people like it. There's constant forced dialogue that drags on and on and has no substance and just repeats the same shit over and over again. You are railroaded hard to where the game wants you to go as if they think Pokemon was too hard for kids and needed literal hand holding. The Alola region is fuck awful and offers no exploration. Not only is it broken up into four tiny disconnected islands, there's nothing on them. There's barely any dungeons. The ones that exist are empty lifeless lines that are non-explorable. The story is a total fucking joke. People complained about super villain teams in your way in post gen 2 games. But guess what? Despite that those were still a Pokemon adventure. Those were still YOUR Pokemon adventure. SM you are a bit character in Lillie's mommy issues simulator. The games fucking suck. And that's not even getting into what an insult trials were.
>>
I thought XY was on par with BW, DP, RS and FRLG but that's not saying much.

OSRS and SM were garbage though, here's hoping USUM changes how I feel about 3DS Pokemon games.
>>
File: 1470785165425.png (504KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
1470785165425.png
504KB, 650x482px
>>33248603
>>
File: 1480821652384.jpg (15KB, 347x379px) Image search: [Google]
1480821652384.jpg
15KB, 347x379px
>>33248624
>I can't refute anything anything he said so I'll post a funny image
>>
XY had a lot of flaws but it was the first 3ds game and people thought an upgrade game will happen so there wasnt much negativity back then. Also XY had lots of new ideas and concept for the series. In fact the fanbase felt revived

Then ORAS came out and people realized Emerald content wasnt included. That wasnt forgiven

Then people hoped for XY upgrade game and was teased by the anime but the game never came. People got even more annoyed

Then SM arrived and judging by the trailers it looked like the best game ever...untill people played it. Once again it was short, unfinished and unpolished. Lots of stuff just didnt work out (pokefinder, festival plaza, battle royal, poor tree character selection). Sure the game had great new ideas aswell but it was 3rd game in a row that just felt like GF doesnt even try anymore

2-3 years ago /vp/ was the main source of pokemon fanbase negativity. Now its everywhere: social media, forums, fansites. f USUM wont be better than it will only get worse
>>
>>33248452
Because they got sick of that? SM arrived after too much consumption and expectations build themselves ever higherupon this. Being pandered with so many revelations (SM) before lauch doesn't help either.
>>
Sun & Moon were always trash.

I genuinely like XY though. Loved it when it released and love it now.
>>
>>33248617
ORAS was worse than Emerald, but saying it's worse than RS is just incorrect. It's on par with them at worst.
>>
>>33248640
People arent dumb anyone and the fanbase Is becoming less fical
>>
This thread is making me want to replay SM now to see what I missed. I thought they were good, but nothing overly special.
>>
>>33248640
SM looked like shit but good marketing made people think it looked good

Never trust a trailer
>>
>>33248674
I thought the demo was shit desu
>>
File: 1460845914952.png (134KB, 491x377px) Image search: [Google]
1460845914952.png
134KB, 491x377px
>>33248668
>replay SM
Trust me anon you DON'T want to do that. In my anecdotal experience everyone I know who has played SM multiple times has had vastly worse opinions on the game than after their first playthrough. I was personally done with the fucking cutscenes long before the end of the game when I first played, but people who thought they were fine the first time changed their mind after sitting through all of them a second time. It seems some people can excuse cutscenes if they're learning new things about the game, but after you've seen them the length really gets to people like it did with me from the start.
>>
>>33248419
I don't hate it as much as a lot of people on here but it's still one of my least liked Pokemon games. Still got more game time out of it than ORAS though, even if most of my time in postgame was on the GTS.

XY > SM > ORAS

>>33248668
Why bother when you can just play USUM in 3 months.
>>
>>33248683
The demo didn't really show enough to get a feel for the game, besides the controls being less responsive and having worse feedback than Gen VI both in menus and movement.
>>
>>33248693
Well shit, that's terrifying
>>
>>33248693
Maybe I'm autistic but I still liked SM after playing it again (though I do agree that there should at least be a way to skip cutscenes).
>>
>>33248693
well, not me
>>
>>33248419
Other places don't like SM either. They're just not as roughmouthed about it as we are, trying to apologize while saying their disappointments.
>>
>>33248716
2ch hates it. Japanese fourm
>>
>>33248568
Actually there was something about Kalos I couldn't quite put my finger on that I just hated. Maybe I don't like French architecture, but I think it's mostly because Gen 6's graphical style was obviously beta for Gen 7. Having the typical tileset design in 3D was very ugly, also wasn't a fan of how France, I mean Kalos, had everypossible biome in the region, and it all felt very forced.

But Route 14, 15, and 16 are fantastic and I have to say my favorite locations in Kalos. Great themes too.

Alola, on the other hand, has actual full 3D models without texture and tileset limitations. I thought it was gorgeous ans everything flowed well.

I've also been to Hawaii a few times.
>>
>>33248720
japs are faggots who hate anything dark
>>
>>33248640
>>33248674
welcome to modern gaming, where marketing and hype is more important than the game itself.
>>
>>33248693
Personally I didn't care for it the first time, and felt no different on the replay. The only real difference was I played on Set instead of Shift because someone swore up and down to me it made the game so much harder and it didn't.
>>
File: 1494138022765.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1494138022765.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>33248730
Are you claiming SM was "dark?" The only Pokémon games that have come close to "dark" are the originals and the Colosseum games, and I still wouldn't call either of them dark, just relatively so.
>>
>>33248720
Gen 5 is still the most hated generation in Japan though.
>>
>>33248730
Sun and moon aren't dark lol. There garbage games
>>
>>33248419
Because I've been here since 2010 and saw the quality go downhill since gen 5.

I had to see XY baby mode and no postgame after BW2 polished everything from the DS games (and XY is my favorite 3d game because the online features and changing to breeding made multiplayer fun for a while, especially with pokebank fiasco), me as other players gave a pass for the work GF made in the models and their first 3ds games.

I saw Hoenn get remade and have its campaign ruined while not giving anything different than XY to encourage playing more and being shamed compared to HGSS love letter. I also saw months of constant shitposting about BF, every single day on this board and no one could do shit because deep down they knew they want it too. It lasted until we got the movie teasers with complete zygarde which lead to Magearna later.

Everyone agreed that it was fine for GF to take a year break and do something great later. They took and made SM, which the only great thing it had was the marketing around it. Go watch the trailers and look back at the game.

After 5 years since a great game, I don't know why arent you complaining. Unless you weren't around to see all of this.
>>
>>33248748
The whole eevee quest is more mature (not dark) than any shit in gen 1.
>>
>>33248749
I don't know about that. I wasn't lurking there board when gen 5 came out but sun and moon has made 2ch much less active and ton of negative threads about it
>>
>>33248419

I play Pokémon for Pokémon.
Game freak greatest mistake was introducing less than 100 new Pokémon per generations.
>>
>>33248419
I've found that it's mostly people who have played every game in the franchise who share those opinions. They're sick and tired of the series but for some reason are afraid of letting it go. Also, WAAAY too much was revealed pre-release too. There was nothing new to look forward to in the actual games. People went in thinking, "Wow, they're revealing this much, so these games are going to be huge!" Little did they know is, what they were shown was all there was. They're spoiled.
>>
>>33248720
Yeah but for the most part they hate it because muh sad getting old Eevee sidequest muh laid off dancer can't follow his dreams because they think Pokemon isn't allowed to be real for a moment and SOS Battles are haaaaaard. Not because of the actual big issues with the game.
>>
>>33248730
You must not have seen most anime.
>>
>>33248795
No that's not true. They hate the handholding and lack of exploration. The eevee was small blimp
>>
>>33248793
>They're sick and tired of the series but for some reason are afraid of letting it go.

People keep saying this but I can replay any game except BW1 and SM which I didn't enjoy any time I played them and still have a blast.

Also amount of content isn't the problem with SM, it's that the content was shit and it looked like shit or at least raised yellow flags from the get-go.
>>
>>33248419
Because they don't. I've seen various opinions across different sites, where people claim they either got tired of SM or were letdown by it.

Poke content has also diminished across the board everywhere, with people finding little to enjoy. I've even started seeing more XY randomizers than SM.

The opinions you speak of are from the first month, aka honeymoon phase.
>>
>>33248749
Other way around, it's hated in the West, not the East.
>>
>>33248838
>I've even started seeing more XY randomizers than SM

Not surprising one bit. XY with all its flaws offers bigger variety of mons and doesnt feel as forced as SM. The cutscenes are short and not intrusive
>>
>>33248419
literally add a skip button to the cutscenes and most of my problems with sun and moon are solved
>>
XY and ORAS are just boring for me. Sun and Moon I enjoyed, but not that much. I can't even imagine playing through Sun and Moon again though. The pokemon selection, though decent, isn't as good as Gen 5 or Gen 6.
The 3d games I have no desire to replay them, compared to the previous Gens, all of which I've replayed at least twice.
>>
>>33248693
I've played it three times now and this isn't true
>>
>>33248603
right
>SM weren't even Pokemon games
I mean, you're objectively wrong, a lot of the staples were still there, albeit in non-standard ways. Besides, I see people saying this as a response to the idea that the games are getting stale.
>I legit don't understand how people like it
because it's a fun adventure with colourful creatures? you know, a Pokemon game?
>There's constant forced dialogue... repeated...
That's happened in increasing amounts throughout the series, it's not a recent development
>You are railroaded hard to where the game wants you to go
Literally every game has done this. the main exception I can think of was in the gen 1 games where it was possible to do Sabrina and Koga's gyms in the wrong order.
>The Alola region is fuck awful
Personal opinion, and a pretty bland one at that. What, should they have kept to the formula of a big landmass with 3 circles, one offshoot and 2 small islands?
>There's barely any dungeons
dungeons are boring as fuck, long ones especially as you get forced to see the same area for ages with few ways to escape
>the story is a fucking joke
I dunno, I prefer it to gen 1 and 2's story. It had characters, build up of expectations, some mystery. It wasn't mind-blowing but then if you're playing pokemon games for a gripping narrative stick to the MD series.
>people complained about super villain teams
maybe /vp/ did, but /vp/ aren't people. having villains with a narrative goal is great and stops every adventure being "hey, these guys are dicks, kick their asses because that's what protaganists do!"
>Those were still YOUR Pokemon adventure... Lillie's mommy issues simulator
I quite liked the fact that the story didn't just assume you were a saviour, but had characters turn to you because they're a friend in need. Plus having a companion, rival, and the main villain be related was a neat twist.
>the games fucking suck
you have poor taste
>what an insult the trials were
They we're basically reskinned gyms. grow up.
>>
File: 1493319177618.png (237KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1493319177618.png
237KB, 555x555px
>>33248707
>>33248713
>>33248741
>>33249184
Like I said it was anecdotal. The people I regularly talk to felt this way, I knew some people elsewhere disagreed. No need to dogpile me.
>>
File: 1494143043881.jpg (58KB, 445x386px) Image search: [Google]
1494143043881.jpg
58KB, 445x386px
>>33249188
There are a lot of things about this post that irk me but I just want to focus on this one
>Plus having a companion, rival, and the main villain be related was a neat twist.
How the FUCK did you not see it IMMEDIATELY? Their character designs are almost identical, Lillie and Gladion have the same face and hair color and Lillie and Lusamine have the same eyes, hair color, and outfit color scheme. There is nobody else in the entire game who looks similar to these three people that look incredibly similar. How fucking slow are you?
>>
>>33248593
Shadypenguin just took a break. He's literally doing an egglocke rn
>>
>>33249234
I forgot to mention Mohn, he's a fourth person who looks similar to the other three and surprise surprise he's ALSO related to them.
>>
>>33249188
>Literally every game has done this. the main exception I can think of was in the gen 1 games where it was possible to do Sabrina and Koga's gyms in the wrong order.
Gen 1, 2 and 3 to a lesser extent actually. Also it's much more prevalent in SM since almost everything is a straight line with the Rotom-dex giving you a huge fucking waypoint to everything.
>That's happened in increasing amounts throughout the series, it's not a recent development
Yeah, and it fucking sucks.
>>
I loved sm first playthrough. I didn't want it to end. I'm a genwunner so it was very awesome to see how far the graphics came . I'm also an older gamer with not much time on my hands so I really liked the linear playstyle actually. I do wish there was more places off the normal path to explore but it was a very fun and immersive game. Xy though felt a little rushed and I've played emerald so many time I couldn't play oras cuz it was just the same thing. Idk there are still people who loved sm don't fret
>>
>>33249235
Yeah, a HGSS egglocke, the best Pokemon games ever made, not SM which is garbage that killed the series.

USUM will be the lowest selling Pokemon main games.
>>
We aren't shills.
>>
>>33249188
>rival, and the main villain be related was a neat twist.
>>
>>33248419
Rule 1 of the internet, NEVER give a shit about the opinions of 4chan, especially /vp/.
>>
>>33248584
>Last generation you were claiming it was only one generation because people were saying positive things about Gen 5 and shitting on Gen 6, but people are STILL saying positive things about Gen 5 and shitting on Gen 6 so you've had to move the goalposts

Meanwhile in reality Gen 5. was the worst selling in the history of the franchise.

XY outsold BW and ORAS sold nearly double of BW2.

Gen. 5 is the red headed stepchild of the franchise. Even Sun&Moon has already outsold BW.
>>
>>33249405
>HGSS
>not the worst game that isn't SM

lmao
>>
>>33249512
XY had the novelty of being the first 3d games and relying on Gen 1 imagery to sell the game. Seriously, the last marketing push for those games was very Gen 1 reliant.

SM benefited from the best marketing campaign for a pokemon series, as well as Pokemon Go. And you guessed it, even more Gen 1 imagery, moreso than XY.

And despite all that, they both only sold marginally better than BW.
>>
>>33249554
>XY had the novelty of being the first 3d games and relying on Gen 1 imagery to sell the game.
ORAS still sold way better than the supposedly beloved BW2 and nearly as much as BW. Which only happened because XY was so good and well loved.

The idea that Gen 5. is allegedly super popular and more liked than Gen 6. is just provably false.

>And despite all that, they both only sold marginally better than BW.

As of right now SM ALREADY has sold more units than BW has TO THIS DAY.

And XY has outsold BW by 1 million. And thats not even talking about how poorly BW2 sold.
>>
>>33249554
XY and SM also benefited from not being as garbage as BW
>>
>>33249188
>because it's a fun adventure with colourful creatures?
It wasn't an adventure. It was a walk to the red flag simulator.
> it's not a recent development
It is something SM did worse than any other. Dialogue was stale and repeated more than any other game. Kukui is always always talking about how he wants the league, he's the least offensive of the main 3, but he still brings it up more than necessary because Gamefreak feels kids today need the point to be slapped in the face with . 90% of Lillie's dialogue is complaining about her mother, complaining that's she's useless, complaining that Nebby won't stay in the bag, or fellating you for being such an awesome trainer better than she could ever be. Hau's dialogue is either "dude malasadas" or how he's going to beat up his gramps. All three of them feed you the same shit about "your team did a good job, let's heal em up" every single time you see them. Older games did this too, but they didn't drown you in it. SM does it around every corner. Even if all you did was walk from one end of the screen to the other with no battles. It's like every character has as much tunnel vision as Hugh with less charisma or development.
>What, should they have kept to the formula of a big landmass with 3 circles, one offshoot and 2 small islands?
Connect the islands through water paths. Surfing, diving, underwater caverns or tunnels, shallow coral reefs to explore. Even something like the Marina Tube is fine. Anything is better than just jumping on a boat. Can't even explore the fucking boat like the SS Anne.
>dungeons are boring as fuck
So you hate exploration and adventure. No wonder you like SM.
>>
>>33249395
>>33249414
>>33249483
>three new IPs all saying hyper-positive things about SM and bashing naysayers
What circlejerk did you link this thread to, OP? Some Discord chat?
>>
>>33249188
>if you're playing pokemon games for a gripping narrative stick to the MD series.
This is the problem. No one plays Pokemon for the story. SM thinks you are and forces it down your throat.
>Plus having a companion, rival, and the main villain be related was a neat twist.
Maybe if they were utilized properly it could have been interesting. Gladion did fuck all the entire game. It was all about Lillie and her mother issues. Even Lusamine was poorly characterized without the Mohn stuff that the main story never touched upon and just makes it all even stupider.
>They we're basically reskinned gyms. grow up.
They're not. Not in any conceivable way.
Gyms had several trainer battles and a battle against the leader. Trials have one battle against a totem and that's it.
Gyms had actual puzzles, mazes, or required to use your brain even if just a little bit.
Trials have games babies play like "spot the difference" or "what was that sound" where the choice doesn't actually matter. You swim to the splashy spot in the lake and that's it. You take a picture with 5fps rotom camera and that's it. You are randomly walking around and suddenly you passed the trial because "lol I'm too lazy for this shit maaaan". This is somehow "basically rekinned" versions of gyms that had things like teleport puzzles or mazes or quizzes that actually made you think a bit. I don't think you've even played older games. Trials were okay in theory, but the execution was abysmal and gyms already did what they wanted to do better.
>>
>>33249574
ORAS are remakes. Pokemon above all else thrives on nostalgia. They were going to get a boost no matter what. FRLG also sold more than Emerald, does that make the former better?

>As of right now SM ALREADY has sold more units than BW has TO THIS DAY.

Do you even know what marginal even means?

And XY has outsold BW by 1 million. And thats not even talking about how poorly BW2 sold.

>>33249581
(You)
>>
>>33248419
I love almost all of the new designs. The story was too intrusive though.
>>
>>33249405
>HGSS
>good
>>
>>33249512
>Gen 5. was the worst selling in the history of the franchise
BW has sold about as many copies as SM (albeit SM will probably sell more due to it being newer) and was only 500k units less than XY. BW2 is the best-selling third version in the franchise next to Yellow, selling 8.52 million copies when the next-highest seller, Platinum, sold 7.6M. It sold worse than a remake but every remake sells better than every third-version (except, again, Yellow). It's barely "worst-selling" and still sold close to 25M copies between BW and BW2.
And I was of course talking about /vp/'s opinion of the games, I know normalfags shit on BW for not having muh genwun.
>>
>>33249610
>Do you even know what marginal even means?

Do you know what passage of time means? BW had been out for years and Sm has already outsold it after 1 year. By no metric was Gen 5. more popular than Gen 6, or literally any other Generation. Gen 5. was hated.

Which is a shame because I thought BW2 was quite good in the amount of its content, but it suffered from how much hot garbage BW1 was and how it was still in the worst region ever.
>>
>>33249405
fucking hgssfags
>>
>>33249643
>It's barely "worst-selling"

Thats a weird way to phrase it considering you are literally just agreeing with my but try to pretend not to. It 'was' the worst selling.
>>
Random question, why did Crystal sell so poorly?
>>
>>33249681
Because it wasn't very good.

The real question is why did Emerald sell so poorly.
>>
>>33249643
>BW2 is the best-selling third version in the franchise next to Yellow, selling 8.52 million copies when the next-highest seller, Platinum, sold 7.6M.

Its also two games and had a much bigger marketing hype build for it. Also its console lasted longer during its run.

Though I'm not gonna say BW2 was bad. It only suffered from being still in Unova.
>>
>>33249586
Wtf I just like sm fuck off tin hat
>>
>>33249645
Where the fuck did I say BW was more popular than SM? Nowhere in my posts did I say it was. I said that XY and SM sold better due to GF shifted marketing focus. And it worked.

Also, SM sales are going to slowdown considerably from this moment forward because USUM are coming around the corner and the discontinuation of the 3ds.

>I thought BW2 was quite good in the amount of its content, but it suffered from how much hot garbage BW1 was and how it was still in the worst region ever.

I don't care about your fucking taste in games, retard. We're here discussion factual metrics.
>>
>>33249705
>Where the fuck did I say BW was more popular than SM?

>Last generation you were claiming it was only one generation because people were saying positive things about Gen 5 and shitting on Gen 6, but people are STILL saying positive things about Gen 5 and shitting on Gen 6

That was the argument that was being disagreed with. Read the fucking reply chain next time newfag.
>>
>>33249690
Crystal wasn't bad. The problem was it did the least to differentiate itself from its predecessors.
>>
>>33249721
That wasn't me, faggot.
>>
>>33249671
I'm saying it is the worst selling but it being the "worst-selling" doesn't mean much when it's by such a small margin. BW2 are the second-best-selling third versions and BW is really close to both XY and SM in sales. You're acting like it was a collossal failure when it still sold like hotcakes, it just sold slightly less than the generation that pandered excessively to genwunners and came out on a shiny new console.
>>33249681
The GBA had already been out for two months in North America and was out even longer in Europe by the time Crystal released in those respective areas; sales almost always drop off for old console games released after new consoles come out. Just look at Metroid Zero Mission, it's the only not-shit Metroid game to sell less than one million copies and that's because they were hyping the fuck out of the upcoming Nintendo DS.
>>
>>33249741
>You're acting like it was a collossal failure

It was considering how it dropped from the success of 4th Gen.

And by how much it was worse wasn't the question, only if it was more popular. Which it empirically provable wasn't, no matter how much you cry about "muh genwunners".
>>
>>33249738
>That wasn't me, faggot.

Then don't argue with me on that topic you mongo.
>>
>>33249690
Third version games always sell poorly because they don't offer enough incentive for casual players to play through the same generation again.
>>
File: 1385428815713.png (86KB, 556x643px) Image search: [Google]
1385428815713.png
86KB, 556x643px
>>33249763
Sales don't really equate to popularity, though. Twilight Princess is the best-selling Zelda game of all time, selling more copies than OoT, ALttP, and more than twice as many sales as Majora's Mask. Yet if you asked a random Zelda fan what their favorite game was they'd probably say one of the latter three. As mentioned earlier, Zero Mission is one of the worst-selling Metroid games but it's also one of the most popular, and Metroid Fusion sold better than Super Metroid but more people will say they like the latter than the former.
DmC, the game with Donte that pretty much EVERY Devil May Cry fan hates, is the second-best selling game in the series. There are a lot of examples of this.

Also, BW only sold about two million units less than DP and BW2 as mentioned earlier sold better than Platinum by about one million units. If you take out HGSS since Gen 5 doesn't have any equivalent, there's only about one million sales lost between Gen 4 and 5, and when you're in the ballpark of 25M sales it's not THAT big a difference.
>>
>>33248419
I know this is 100% bait, but I'll bite anyways:

- SM's only worthing things are Cutscenes, New Pokémon, Z-Moves, and Hyper Training. What real fans are looking is Post-Game Facilities and while we got yet another Battle Tower variation + a new facility that is fucked by lag.

- Compared to XY and ORAS, HAs and Shiny Pokémon are harder to get. SOS Battles happens even when you don't want it to happen and is totally RNG depending, while when you have the Shiny Charm the Shiny Probability in MM is 1/600 when in XY/ORAS was 1/512.

- National Pokédex was removed by no reason and replaced by Pokémon Bank's Pokédex feature.

- Mini-Games were removed from Amie/Refresh and now is a free Status Remover. While it looks good it removes the little challenge that SM has.
>>
>>33250183
>no reason
The reason is so they can get people to pay $5 a year for a National Dex feature, since some people realized paying for just storage is fucking stupid given how little space it actually took up and how easy it was for homebrewers to make a free alternative. Less people are paying Game Freak for their unnecessary paywall so they ripped something else from the game and put it behind the same paywall.
>>
>>33250382
Yes, no reason besides forcing "fans" to pay for more unneeded things only to get more rich like they need more money.
>>
>>33248431
You mean the entirety of 4chan. The fact that faggots on all boards can't give credit where it's due when others think that way makes them 10 times worse than the Reddit that they shit on.
>>
>>33248452
show tits pokebarneyfag
>>
>>33249690
But Crystal is better than Emerald.
>>
>>33251266
I think Johto as a whole is better than Hoenn as a while, but Emerald is much better as a third version (in terms of what it improves and adds) than Crystal. Crystal's improvements aren't bad, I like the improved aesthetics, expanded phone system, I like most of the added songs, but Emerald goes above and beyond what Crystal did.
>>
>SM feels more like a demo than an actual game
>cutscenes and important NPCs show up after almost every single route to smother any sort of exploration
>features like fishing are fucked beyond belief
>no Safari Zone yet again
>no mini games
>Rotomdex not only ruins catching new pokemon by adding shitty quips after every catch, but causes the bottom screen to be shit when it was good before
>Gamefreak can't be fucked to fix the main character's retarded smiling face
>also can't be fucked to fix the protagonist's robotic walk animation
>areas are blocked off something's that become a re-occurrence since X and Y

You're right anon, anyone who hates these games is crazy!
>>
>>33251266
Nah, it's not. But goddamn do I love the amount of shit to explore in Johto. All of it's off-the-path shit that isn't even needed but it's there if you want to get lost for a while. Hoenn had that too though not really in cave systems.
>>
>>33248519
Weird. I found X/Y acceptable but Sun/Moon taking away gameplay/exploration/national dex pissed me right off.

But if everybody were the same there would be no room for discussion I suppose.
>>
>>33248433
fuck off everyoneisbarneyfagfag
>>
>>33248752
gahd zygarde is such a mess in sm and its major form change was done in such a ridiculously bad way compared to previous legendaries/mythicals such as kyurem or deoxys
>>
>>33248419
I seriously have a hard time believing that people consider this handholding mess and horribly paced forced story follow better than ORAS. ORAS is shit dont get me wrong, but atleast it still feels like a pokemon game if any. You can do at your own pace, on your own, and aside from shallow content, you have enough post game to keep you fed for awhile with actual rematch trainers and legend catching. S/M only gives you dismal rate pokemon while others just infest the area, half the maps are blocked off, most trainers rock only 1-2 pokemon, and the horrible cringe handholding story. From what I see the real game only starts when the E4 are already beaten and you can be on your fucking own for awhile catching tapu's, UB's, and just training from whatever little EXP grinds you can find.

I'm a huge fan so I'll play any mainline pokemon game I can get, but I seriously dont get how ppl who played both games can say that S/M as a whole is better. Usually its just non battle frontier butthurt.
>>
>>33248693
I got a friend that replayed SM, and i watched as his opinion of the game changed for the worse as time went on. He ended up having to force himself to finish it
>>
File: so angry.jpg (66KB, 892x528px) Image search: [Google]
so angry.jpg
66KB, 892x528px
All optimism i had for SM died around the time i got to the Fire trial. That whole second island was one of the worst times i've ever had playing any of the games. Outside of transferring pokemon, i'll probably never touch SM again.

I could go in depth about all the things wrong with the game, to the point where if you name anything about the game, i could point out a major flaw, but I'd only be repeating what others have said before. It honestly feels unfinished, from the empty lots everywhere, the Volcano Cave being a warp, to the golf course, to no National Dex. Probably just so USM have selling points.

Also, fuck the asshole that decided that Wingull's line HAS to be on every route that has anything to do with water at all. Who in the fuck at GF loves this hideous thing so fucking much that it gets the special treatment that it does?
>>
>>33253964
I replayed it using a difficulty rom hack and not even that was enough to keep me interested, every single cutscene I just wanted to turn the game off.
USUM will need to pull off a miracle to make me enjoy it.
>>
>>33254111
I recently replayed X, albeit in one of those hardmode hacks, and it's astounding how XY have far more characters that follow you around and they still manage to be nowhere near as bad as Lillie and Hau. I wouldn't even hate Lillie so much if she quit stopping you every route, and actually did ANYTHING at all during the game. Seriously, Lillie does nothing for the entire game except follow you to where Nebby needed to go to turn into a lion/bat thing

>"I gotta protect nebby!"
>oh but i dont like battling haha get in the bag haha it's not like the professor has a pokemon i could use to help protect nebby
>>
Honestly I didnt finish past the part where you go to the trainer school... I was really disappointed with SM
>>
>>33248419
Welcome to /vp/!

Where regardless if you like or dislike something you'll get shitted on.
>>
>>33248419
Hey, I like ORAS, there's a lot of amazing things in there that I'll be praying for in all future games

The main reason why I hate sun and moon is because they took out things I liked that were introduced in gen 6. No dexnav, no super training, no blissey bases, no circle to hatch eggs, and no d-pad

It's important to note that I actually like gen 7 battling, or I would if the Tapus would fuck off and die, my main problems with it is all the awesome stuff they removed and bullshit they added outside of battling
>>
>>33248419
I persona;;y think everyone talks shit about sm and usum is because it's just sheep trying to fit in so they seem cool to the rest of the board
>>
>>33256484
personally*
>>
>>33256484
Why anyone shit on Pokemon to seem cool. People come here because they like Pokemon everyone wanted sun and moon to be good

The reality is the games are garbage
>>
>>33256510
>Why anyone shit on Pokemon to seem cool.
Oh fuck off now, that's bullshit and you know it especially on /vp/

That's your opinion, I enjoyed them
>>
>>33256528
How does shitting on Pokemon on a pokemon board make you cool?

Sun and moon are just awful games
>>
>>33256484
Yeah, clearly anyone claiming to hate the games is just a lying sheep trying to be cool. Despite this entire thread being filled with people giving legitimate reasons why they didn't like it or were disappointed.
>>
>>33251266
t.krisfag
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.