[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get dungeons again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 62531.gif (85KB, 1302x1397px) Image search: [Google]
62531.gif
85KB, 1302x1397px
Will we ever get dungeons again?
>>
>>33247579
jesus, that map sure does a good job at making victory road look more complicated than it actually is
>>
>>33247579
I actually doubt it. But it all depends on the Switch game, since I'm confident we arent getting any in SM

Actually, I change my mind, it depends on if we get directors other than Masuada or Ohmori more often.
>>
>>33247579
>Ohmori in charge of Gen 8

nope
>>
Please, Gens 1 and 2 had way harder Victory Roads. Who calls it a dungeon in Pokemon anyway?
>>
>>33247734
>Gen 2
I love Gen 2's Victory Road, but it wasnt had
>>
>>33247734
>Gen 2 VR
>no trainer battles outside the one you have with Silver at the end
>hard
>>
>>33247734
Gen 2 had the easiest Victory Road by far.
>>
>>33247785
Well, Alola
>>
>>33247586
How so?
>>
>>33247734
>gen 1
>first floor only has one entrance and one exit
>2nd and 3rd has an interesting puzzle, but easy
>that's it
>gen2
>no puzzles at all
>zero trainers outside the rival at the end
>literally a circular corridor between three floors with an encounter rate
God, why do people love to talk about things they only played once when they were kids?
Stop living with nostalgia memories and go play those games again.
>>
The real question is if we'll get dragons in this dungeon.
Then we can say we'll have.......
DUNGEON'S AND DRAGONS! *badum t'sssss*
>>
>>33247811
>>33247811
GEn 3 and 5's victory road was hard IIRC
>>
File: 9884657345789.jpg (26KB, 369x406px) Image search: [Google]
9884657345789.jpg
26KB, 369x406px
>>33247818
At this point I can't tell if this is ironic shitposting, or a real summerfag.
>>
>>33247794
You need to have a Victory Road for it to have a difficulty.
>>
>>33247823
Poe's Law, my dude. Poe's Law.
>>
>>33247734
>GEN 1
>Harder victory road than 5
>Lets push rocks and fight 5 people lol
>>
>>33247892
Gen 1 is the hardest game in my life. I still can't get passed the guards at the check gate. How do you expect me to beat Victory Road?
>>
>>33247901
XD
>>
>>33247811
I wouldnt say Gen 2's had no puzzles at all

>>33247892
Gen 5's VR is just the same room 10 times with a really cool outer section separating them
>>
>>33247911
Don't laugh at me! I only have an IQ of 61!
>>
No. today's kids wouldn't like it as a main story mode place. it is too had and kids would end up going to their smart phone games and with their short attention spans these days. Gotta compete to keep the attention away from those smart phone games!
>>
File: Victory_Road_3F_GSC.png (14KB, 320x384px) Image search: [Google]
Victory_Road_3F_GSC.png
14KB, 320x384px
>>33247929
>I wouldnt say Gen 2's had no puzzles at all
And you would be wrong.
Moving a rock to get an item two tiles behind, and then moving it again after a floor reset is not a puzzle. And falling once through and just get to the item? Not a puzzle either.

In a puzzle you need to search for a solution, to deduce it. You're confusing obstacles and pathways with actual puzzles.
Seriously, it's one hole in the ground and you just have to jump in it and that's it.
>>
>>33247579
No, because modern Gamefreak can't seem to make a good game.
>>
File: cockroach.jpg (8KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
cockroach.jpg
8KB, 211x239px
>>33247579
calling this a dungeon is already a strech
>>
>>33248053
What else would you call it?
>>
>>33248053
What on earth would you call a dungeon then? It's a multi-roomed/multi-floored puzzle with trainers, secrets, and obstacles the player has to spend time and effort to get through. What is your definition of a dungeon? Any examples?
>>
>>33247979
you're confusing complexity with, existence I guess? Going into the semantics of what is too simple to be considered a puzzle seems like a separate discussion
>>
>>33248097
>>33248108
zelda have dungeons
this is literally a straigh line with a few deviations here and there
And because this is probably the most complicated rute GF have ever made
>>
>>33248111
>Going into the semantics of what is too simple to be considered a puzzle seems like a separate discussion
No you don't get it, again, falling through a hole and then getting an item is a pathway, a "door" the player is given to follow. Not a puzzle that you need to think how to solve it. The player does not need to think what steps must be followed correctly to solve, nor does need to think a solution to a problem, because there is no problem at all: it's just a hole and the only thing you can do with that is to jump in it, and then you get an item.
Pushing a single boulder one tile to the right to get an item that can be seen right behind the boulder, is not a simple puzzle, it just isn't a puzzle at all.
A puzzle, even though simple, would be the ice parts of the Ice Path. Or the Tin Tower.

It's not a matter of complexity, gen2 victory road by definition has no puzzles, neither simple or context, they just don't exist in that part of the game no matter how much you want to extend the meaning of the word.
Technically, by your point of view opening an unlocked door to get an item is a puzzle. That's stupid.
>>
>>33248137
Sinnoh's Victory Road is more complex, and many Zelda dungeons are straight lines.

Mainly in the 3D games though
>>
>>33248137
You're being pedantic.

The point is they could make much more interesting maps than what we currently get.
>>
>>33248155
O true, I forgot about shinnoh
>>33248162
I said that OP´s pic is not a dungeon, stop making assumptions
>>
File: Victory Roads.png (4MB, 3800x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Victory Roads.png
4MB, 3800x2700px
>>
>>33248201
>SM
Ohmori needs to die
>>
>>33247802
The route you can take through BW's victory road is fairly restricted. Usually there's only one way you can go, with the occasional detour that quickly results in a dead end holding an item or a boulder that can be pushed to create a shortcut. It's still among the better victory roads in the series, but the inside rooms are pretty basic to navigate compared to RSE or DPPt.
>>
>>33248111
Is walking through a door a puzzle to you? Is that seriously what you're saying? God.
>>
>>33247579
Haina desert
now fuck off
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.