[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that finds /vp/ really depressing? When I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: basehunter head.jpg (13KB, 213x202px) Image search: [Google]
basehunter head.jpg
13KB, 213x202px
Am I the only one that finds /vp/ really depressing? When I was a kid there were only 151 pokemon, you could be reasonably expected to memorize and name all of them in order. Now there's over 800 of the fuckers, including ice cream and literal garbage.

>ywn be a kid again
>ywn see the first movie in theaters again
>ywn go to to school with your pokemon backpack again
>ywn see pokemon 2000 in theaters again
>ywn experience that childlike wonder and excitement that came with pokemon

Shit's a real downer.
>>
>>33246976
I know all Pokémon numbers until 730 because Gen 7 sucks ass. I tried to name all Pokémon up to 730 but 4chan's "Error: Too many spaces" prevents me to do it.
>>
File: rattata.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
rattata.png
48KB, 250x250px
>>33246976
>including ice cream and literal garbage
>not including the literal rat, apparently
and yes
>he took the bait
>>
>le ice cream and garbage r bad meme
Die genwunner
>>
Why do retards think that vanilluxe and garbodor = every single gen 5, gen 6 and gen 7 pokemon ever?
>>
>>33246976
>>33247104
>>33247113
The ice cream and garbage meme is really fucking pathetic when you realize
>the first gen v pokemon revealed to the world
>its starters
>and most of its fucking pokedex are all animals
>and it's been long enough for you to look at all the new pokemon thousands of times
>>
>>33246976
>memorize
sure
>name all of them in order
stop being autistic
>>
>>33247133
ironically, most people who dislike those designs are those who haven't played the actual games. Meaning that they don't really know much about the other Pokemon Gen 5 had to offer.
>>
>>33246976
Not that vp isn't depressing but what does that have to do with you being nostalgic?
>>
true story.

Trubbish is literally a shit and trash pokemon. I really wonder who greenlit a fucking trashbag.

having a keyring pokemon tells me it's the end of it all. pokemon was alright up until gen 4. now it's shit.
>>
>>33247253
>the gen that added not one but two bells
>alright
Sorry kid!
>>
>>33247258
Retard Sinnohfetus just got btfo'd by Chingling
>>
>>33247253
>>33247258
>>33247274
wtf i was gonna play red and blue but then i saw one of the pokemon was a magnet?
>>
>>33247097
Literal snake called "snake" (backwards) is the worst.
>>
File: Pok%C3%A9mon_Grimer_Muk_art[1].png (60KB, 313x177px) Image search: [Google]
Pok%C3%A9mon_Grimer_Muk_art[1].png
60KB, 313x177px
>>33247253
>shit and trash pokemon
>>
>>33246976
LE ORIGINAL 151 XDD
LE ICE CREAM XDDD
LE POKEMON XD GALE OF DARKNESS

us 90's kids right?? lol haha
>>
>>33246976
>including literal garbage
That was already a thing in Gen 1 you fucking autist.
>>
>>33247162
This
>>
Stop visiting anytime.
>>
>>33246976
When Super Mario first started, there was just Turtle and Mushroom enemies and some fish.

Now there's Moles, Spider thingies, Dinosaurs, Crows and fucking murderous rabbits.
>>
I'll be the first person to criticize the more recent games, or rather the direction the series is heading in, but one thing that never ceases to baffle me is how people single out Pokemon from recent gens for looking dumb or whatever, then completely ignore the shit earlier gens pulled.
>>
File: IMG_3737.jpg (92KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3737.jpg
92KB, 960x800px
>>33246976
Fuck it, I'm taking the bait.
>>
>>33253483
>sludge, ball, eggs, magnets
>some nondescript dragon, some golem, some literally edgy guy, some another weird edgy lizard/dragon
Clearly those were nicer, simpler times. These new 'mons look like a rip-off of Pokemon rip-offs...
>>
File: DIA.png (119KB, 307x287px) Image search: [Google]
DIA.png
119KB, 307x287px
>>33246976
>another genwar thread
wew lads
>>
>>33246976
The childlike wonder is something I miss, when SuMo were announced I activley avoided spoilers so everything could be new and I wouldn't have bias. This was the closest I got to that feeling, and it was only sort of wonder-ish?
If a new game ks announced in the majn series, I'd probably try to avoid spoilers again, not knowing what the pokemon are that you'd encounter is pretty great. Keeps that sense of mystery too.
>>
File: peengus.png (302KB, 729x421px) Image search: [Google]
peengus.png
302KB, 729x421px
>finds /vp/ depressing
>for reasons pertaining to the franchise and not the website
>>
>>33249482

>90s kids
>Pokemon XD

huh?
>>
>>33246976
>getting older is fucking depressing
Water is wet.
>>
>>33246976
Game freak haven't introduce a ice cream Pokémon.
>>
go masturbate to gen 1 sprites
>yes I took the bait
>>
File: Vanilluxe_Pokédex_entry_(2).png (32KB, 515x336px) Image search: [Google]
Vanilluxe_Pokédex_entry_(2).png
32KB, 515x336px
>>33246976
No and Vanilluxe isn't a ice cream Pokémon.

It's name sounds like kind of ice cream but It's not a ice cream Pokémon at all.
>>
>>33246976
Off yourself, old man. You've outgrown Pokemon. It's not special for you anymore, but it is for the new generation. Why can't you just be happy it still bring light to kids' lives like it did for yours? Not everyone and everything needs to revolve around your past.
>>
>>33255412
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUCE
>>
>>33258481
www.google.com
>>
>society continues to pander to old fucks who refuse to acknowledge that the world is continuing on without them
Good thing you assholes will die sooner.
>>
>>33258464
No. He's just a 90s Casual player.
You can't outgrown a game rated E for everyone.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.