[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody explain to me why X and Y shoved genwun in my face?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: r7-wake-snorlax.png (148KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
r7-wake-snorlax.png
148KB, 400x240px
Somebody explain to me why X and Y shoved genwun in my face? It wasn't the 20th anniversary so there was no need to celebrate genwun.
>>
>>33245843
Because nu-Gamefreak only care about money and shoving in genwun is automatic money-printing.
>>
>>33245843
"dude kanto lmao"
-game freak post-2012
>>
>>33245843
To make a long story short
>Genwunners despised Gen 5 for only having new pokemon in the first games and the newer pokemon looked like ass to them because the style was different
>Genwunners went to Reddit and 9gag to carry out their frustration and made unfunny memes
>GameFreak tried to win back the Genwunners with genwun shilling up the ass in X and Y
>>
>>33245849
>nu
>>
>>33245866
>pic
new cringe thread material?
>>
>>33245843
Because Gen 5 and 6 were both attempts at a reboot of the series. Gen 5 failed horribly due to them locking people out of old species while Gen 6 went off much better.

That's why we then got what we got in Gen 7. After Gen 6's more successful 3D reboot of Gen 1's part of the series instead of Gen 2 they went with season 2 of the anime and thus gave us another Hawaii where alternate Formes of Kanto Pokémon lived just as they do in the OIA.

You didn't think Alolan Formes came out of nowhere or, lol, were for competitive which they give almost zero fucks about, did you?
>>
Being on a new handheld and being in 3D for the first time, they knew the games would get a lot of attention from the mainstream. Kanto pandering is the simplest way to appeal to that crowd.
>>
>>33245880
>Gen 5 failed horribly due to them locking people out of old species while Gen 6 went off much better.

The games sold just about as well as eachother.
>>
File: chart_thumb.jpg (53KB, 502x752px) Image search: [Google]
chart_thumb.jpg
53KB, 502x752px
>>33245866
>>33245880
genwunners loved gen5. it was the kids that hated it
>>
>>33245866
>no Pokémon except Gen 1 Pokémon were removed and thus it would only be Gen 1 players complaining and not over a decade's worth of players

A true connoisseur of retardation is what we have here, folks.
>>
Because XY were the true anniversary titles and celebration of the series, not SM
>>
>>33245892
>adults who actually bought and played the games hated it
>kiddies didn't play it but praise it down the line for "obscure" nerd cred

Suddenly Gen V "fans" make sense.
>>
Because you have autism.
>>
>>33245843
I don't know?
Game freak leave a lot of unanswered questions about somethings.

It's kind of disappointing that they leave a lot of stuff unanswer.
>>
>>33245892
I don't think you understand what a genwunner is. It's not an older fan that started with gen one.
>>
>>33245880
makes sense though, they used alt forms up the ass in the orange islands arc. and if you're correct then it would make sense they'd pull a season 2ish type of gen with a combo of different forms to kanto pandering mons.
>>
>>33245881
Exactly, half the fanbase was sold on Xzard's first reveal alone.
>>
>>33245984
sod off mate
>>
>>33245984
You sure? Cause I was 6 when pokemon hit america and usually the people I see who are genwunners are from around that age group or argue that as their main reason. I've never really seen people prefer gen 1 based on design cause the mons looked better, they prefer it based off the nostalgia they get from those designs cause those were their first pokemon and they use those designs as a base for gen 2 and on.
>>
>>33245843
Im so done with Kanto pandering and i've been starting with Blue) but if i had to choose

XY pandering > SM pandering
XY is less offensive, sure you have Snorlax on the road but its a parrt of new storyline, Santalune forrest is a copy of Viridian forrest but once again it feels very different. Kanto starters are neat addition, megas werent just Kanto and Kanto legends are post game legends, like any other gen

On the other hand SM just constantly mentions Kanto, seveal times on each island, Alola forms are just Kanto, "nugget bridge" use the exact same lines and mons as Kanto games. Only Red and Blue battles are cool. All the constant talk about Kanto is very annoying
>>
>>33245843
>>33245892
>Main audience are adults who grew up with the games and young children
>Adults are tired of Gen 1 pandering
>Kids are too young to be nostalgic for Gen 1
So why do they keep focusing on Gen 1 again? I imagine the audience that Pokemon Go brought back in aren't rushing to the stores to by the main series games.
>>
>>33245913
How did you come to the exact opposite point that the post was making?
>>
>>33246035
because it sells. Gen 5 sold the worst despite being on a system everyone still had
>>
>>33246031
This. XY were bad but SM were way worse.
>>
>>33246055
Gen 5 didn't exactly get the time to win over people either. BW2 were released less than a year after BW1 and XY were released the following year after that. Not to mention the genwun backlash of BW1 not having old Pokémon available before the post-game and muh "garbage and ice cream is soooo much worse than Gen 1 garbage and literal upside-down Pokéball".
>>
File: 1469191360822.png (263KB, 408x394px) Image search: [Google]
1469191360822.png
263KB, 408x394px
>>33246070
GF doesn't give a shit. They're looking at sales and saw that trying a different approach didn't work financially. Gen 5 was the crossroads for the entire franchise, it could of gotten better or worse depending on the end result and the fanbase fucked it up with memes. All the shit BW got initially resulted in the current state of the franchise we have today.

This is the bad future and it could have been avoided
>>
>>33245843
it's the most iconic?
christ what a stupid question
>>
Why do you even care?
You hate gen1 or something?
I don't really care abut gens but i would rather get some gen1 references and not the new gen shoved down my throat like gen5
>>
>>33245853
More like post 2010, BlWh was essentially another Kanto game with how it was advertised
>>
File: 1418882431692.jpg (21KB, 333x337px) Image search: [Google]
1418882431692.jpg
21KB, 333x337px
>>33245843
it's always the time to celebrate genwun ah ah
>>
>Mega Evolution
>large variety of Mon across gens have access to them
>Alolan forms
>lol gen 1 only

Why is this?
>>
>>33245843
They realized japanese kids and competitive players aren't the only people playing pokemon.
But they did by seeing nostalgiafags were a thing, except they missed the part that they don't buy new games.
>>
>>33246432
I don't mind gen 1 stuff but XY kind of went overboard with it

>only game to give you a second starter during the main game
>only game to have no new legendaries apart from the main trio, instead giving us Mewtwo and the birds
>copying the boring Lapras and Snorlax events/gifts
>most megas are gen 1, Charizard and Mewtwo got special attention
>>
>>33245880
> Gen 5 failed horribly due to them locking people out of old species
Do people stop playing when they arrive at the league?

>>33245892
>people who hate every gen after gen 2 loved a gen after gen 2
If they do they aren't genwunners by definition anon. You can be an adult without being a nostalgiafag.

>>33246018
Not him but genwunners are defined by being people who jump on the childhood nostalgia bandwagon and pokemania hit when Gen 1 and 2 were current. Of course people around that age group are genwunners, as they're the only ones that can.
>>
>>33246031
You forgot XY outright gives you a Kanto starter. As a person that's also tired of Kanto pandering, if you forced me to pick, I prefer SM(and SM also has references to other regions in the Battle Tree).

>>33246035
>Adults are tired of Gen 1 pandering
They think "adults" mean "nostalgiafags" instead of "adult person that plays pokemon".

Go didn't do shit.
>>
>>33245892
>People who played Pokemon Diamond in 2nd-3rd grade then are now old enough to post on 4chan
>>
>>33246094
Yeah, I feel that the backlash of Gen 5 is very much still being felt today. Less new Pokemon, and those new Pokemon are locked behind 5% or 10% shitty encounter rates; whereas a lot of Kanto mons are fucking prevalent the minute you step into the grass.

I applaud BW for forcing everyone to try out the new Pokemon while locking the old ones behind post-game. It was nice not seeing fucking Machop or Pidgey everywhere.
>>
>>33246532
>You forgot XY outright gives you a Kanto starter.

"I cant read"
>>
>>33246571
Ah, I read it now.

that said though, they weren't a neat addition at all, it was some of the worst pandering.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.