[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the newer ashnime seasons need a special snowflake mon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

why the newer ashnime seasons need a special snowflake mon?
>>
>>33243372
Because the kids love it, and it generates money.
>>
There's been one every season since the beginning
>>
>>33243392
Oh wait, you mean like a unique one-of-a-kind speshul form. Disregard this post
>>
File: 615Cryogonal.png (202KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
615Cryogonal.png
202KB, 431x431px
>>33243372
>special snowflake mon
>>
In XY, it was just because the anime staff wanted Greninja to be Ash's mega evolution Pokemon, but Gamefreak didn't want it for whatever reason. They compromised by giving Greninja a pseduo mega evolution.

The idea probably went over well enough that it'll be a new tradition.
>>
>>33243372
OS gave Ash a unique starter and then all three starters for no reason. The precedent for Ash getting special treatment for Pokemon has existed since the beginning. Battle Bond Greninja is said in-show to have happened before, meaning it's rare but not unique. Dusk Lycanroc is likely going to be a form that's accessible with just as much ease as Midday and Midnight.

Don't be mad that Ash is trendy.
>>
>Crystal Onix and armored Mewtwo will never be canon
>>
>>33243372
kill yourself please
>>
>>33243514
Assault vest
>>
>>33243372
The anime staff confuse me. They are alright with Ash saving the world, befriending legendaries, and receiving his own super-special awesome mon, but believe him winning a league would make him too amazing apparently. I mean, we know that winning a league means shit in the grand scheme of things, so what's the problem?
>>
>>33243524
Originally or currently?
>>
>>33243524
The real reason is just because they've gone two decades without letting him win a league, so it's going to be a big, big deal when he actually does. They probably feel like they have to save that moment for a special occasion, since they can only make Ash win his first league once.
>>
>>33243514
you know that makes wonder why there are not spinoff arcs like the orange islands anymore
>>
>>33243392
Remember that trainer who kicked Ash's ass with a Blaziken in the Johto league?
>>
>>33243879
Or why they never had a third-party developer (like with Mystery Dungeon) make a spin-off game based on the Orange Islands.
>>
>>33243879
Gen V had Declora Islands
>>
>>33243524
>>33243528
Animators and writers wanted Ash to win in Gen VI, but executives ended

I remember the nip director even tweeted about it, something about crushing kids dreams. Honestly Gen VI was the place to do it.
>Strongest team
>Most competent he's ever been, rivaling Gen IV Ash
>Team Flare still attacked the stadium, so Ash winning could have held the trophy for a bit, then proceeded with the bullshit that was Team Flare arc
>Greninja was even more popular than Charizard
>>
>>33243957
A game based around the Orange Islands would be dope, especially if there was some plot point involving the Crystal Onix
>>
>>33244034
With whom was Greninja more popular than Charizard? I may be blinded by nostalgia, but there's no way that kids could ever consider another Pokémon as awesome as kids my age considered Charizard
>>
>>33244955
From what I remember, there was a japanese poll for favorite pokemon which Greninja won. Though, I doubt Greninja is as popular worldwide as Charizard.
>>
>>33244944
>>33243993

there's a hackrom if you're interested
>>
>>33244955
A number of polls on globallink in multiple regions (distinctions between nipland and the states are what I specifically remember) had greninja ranked above charizard, in nipland I believe he was number 1. Someone probably has screenshots still. I also faintly remember pokenchi or whatever that one nip show is called had a poll that listed greninja above charizard in popularity.
>>
>>33244970
That makes sense; my perspective is also super US-centric
>>
>>33244980
Link?
>>
>>33243372
because at some point, people started to not buy the "muh starter is speshul but it's still just a regular starter which doesn't justify it being speshul" stuff, so they instead decided to make ash's pokemon real speshulsnowflakes
>>
>>33243372

Deal with it, trumptard!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.