[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

File: best_remakes.jpg (79KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
best_remakes.jpg
79KB, 588x331px
I know this people has lots of varying tastes and opinions, but surely when it comes to just the remakes, we can all agree? The only correct way to rank them is HGSS > ORAS > FRLG

I don't think there's much disagreement about HGSS being the best. Past that, ORAS was far from perfect, but FRLG was such a mess that I think no one honestly disagrees with this, r-right?
>>
Nope. It's HGSS > FRLG > ORAS.
>>
Na
FRLG > ORAS > HGSS
but that's just my opinion
>>
>>33242817
>copy pasted battle frontier
>that level curve
Yeah......no
>>
>>33242845
This

ORAS were a bad version of RS, and RS always felt on par with FRLG
>>
>33242854
That's not an opinion, that's low level contrarian bait to get cheap (You)'s.
>>
>>33242865
>copy pasted battle frontier
That's a good thing though, I can enjoy Platinum's best content without suffering through the rest of the garbage-tier game.
>>
>>33242817
agreed op
>>
>>33242872
ok, if you say so
thanks for the attention anyway
>>
>>33242817
hgss is so boring lol oras is far supperior. How do you get a good iv pokemon in hgss without hacking?
>>
>>33242872
An honorary (You) is just as sweet as the real thing.
>>
>>33242889
Rng abuse
>>
>>33242889
RNG is easy as fuck in HGSS. RNG for a perfect ditto and then breed.
>>
>>33242889
>HGSS is boring because I can't grind for hours to get a perfect IV pokemon.
wut
>>
>>33242865
>copy pasting frontier
>bad

What else were they supposed to put in? I like that Frontier was in the game because I didn't want to waste money on Platinum after having already played Diamond.
>>
>>33242865
>that level curve
what game were you playing?
>>
>>33242932
I expected a non copy pasted battle frontier
>>
Rather than remaking gen 4, i want them to re-release all the gen 4 games. Possibly with some bugfixes and/or 3DS wifi compatibility. Maybe a DSi enhanced re-release so its still playable on the original DSs but can go online on a DSi/3DS.

Reason: I've been trying for weeks to find a legit copy of Pokemon Diamond in Australia that doesn't cost $100.
>>
>>33242986
You can just emulate it
>>
>>33242986
there are a zillion reasons why this is a bad idea
also just buy a flashcart
>>
>>33242865
>it's the level curve meme
I legitimately believe this complaint came about because contrarians didn't have enough to complain about in HGSS, so they made up some vague critique that is so intangible that it can't be disproven.
>>
>>33242817
They are the best because they are the only remakes that let you get shiny Pokémon about 1/5 the time with the Cute Charm exploit.
>>
>>33243008
literally play the game
>>
>>33243028
I played the game. I didn't have any problem because I'm not so retarded that I have to be at the same level as the AI to beat them
>>
File: hdfshfs.png (11KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
hdfshfs.png
11KB, 500x294px
>>33242867
>ORAS were a bad version of RS
>>
>>33242817
HGSS>GKIS>FRLG>ORAS
>>
>>33243049
getting kicked in shin
>>
>>33243044

This is a top tier bait.jpg
>>
>>33242986
>2017
>living in Australia
>trying to play /v/idya in australia
>not giving into your feminist masters
kek
>>
>>33243008
>>33243033
No, I agree that the level curve is a bit wonky.

Meanwhile, Clair uses Dragon types (+ Intimidate Gyarados), and her Level 41 ace is only weak to Dragon. You don't exactly have the best Pokemon available, either.

Clair's fun to fight against, but you'll still need some grinding to get to her level. And since the Pokemon around Blackthorn are so weak (Levels 25-27, I think?), it takes a while.
>>
>>33243049
groping kittens in space?
>>
Literally the opposite. FRLG is the only one that treats the original with full respect while also adding tasteful new content, ORAS despite excellent new features disregards Emerald in a horribly dismissive way and is generally mixed when it comes to its approach to the story elements and setting of Hoenn, and HGSS just destroys nearly every reason to love the original Johto while adding fluff with minimal substance.
>>
>>33243033
thats not what lever curve mean, don't post if you dont know what you are talking about
there is also lot of shit about this topic, lurk more
>>
>>33243082
>HGSS just destroys nearly every reason to love the original Johto while adding fluff with minimal substance.
elaborate
>>
>>33242973
What exactly was wrong with Platinum's frontier?
>>
>>33243088
>you should know what I mean
>no i'm not going to tell you what i mean
>fuck you for being a niggerfaggot
good tasty bait anon. got anymore?
>>
>>33243088
>getting told to lurk more by a shitposter
wew lad
>>
>>33243080
in which case
GKIS>HGSS>FRLG>ORAS
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 493x335px
>>33243100
>>33243106
>>
>>33242817
>HGSS > ORAS > FRLG
FRLG is an improvement on the original games, unlike ORAS.
>>
>>33243008
This. Pretty much all pre-gen 5 games had a wonky level curve right before the E4, so it's not like it's endemic to HGSS.
>>
>>33243077
You dont need to get to that level to beat her
>>
>>33243135
This. Most people forget that the original gen was fucking garbage. As good a concept as it was for future games, the execution was complete dogshit. FRLG was needed to fix it. HGSS was similar although not nearly as bad. As far as I know, there is nothing gamebreaking about RSE (other than maybe the pomeg berry glitch and subsequent abuse).

Plus, Gen 1 and 2 were incompatible with future gens, whereas gen 3 was not. A remake was simply not needed.
>>
>>33243008
>>33243139
How the fuck do you defend a lv30 gym 7 and level 6 wild mons postgame?
>>
>>33243180
You played 1st gen right? Were you expecting level 50 Steelixs in Mt. Moon? If the wild mons are too weak, fly somewhere else.
>>
>>33243180
those both sound completely reasonable. can't you elaborate further as to what specifically it is that you had a problem with. preferably without the moronic 4chan-speak.
>>
>>33243088
please explain what you mean then
I thought level curve meant your Pokémon ended up underleveled compared to the AI's if you don't grind
If this is not what it means then what does it mean
>>
>>33243231
Not that anon but I always have the opposite problem. Halfway through Johto I always have levels ridiculously higher than the wild Pokemon and trainers no matter where I go, to the point where I didn't lose a single Pokemon to Pryce's Gym despite accidentally skipping everything before it that I could on first playthrough. It's no fun if you one-shot literally everything and there's zero sense of progression since nothing gives you enough EXP.
>>
>>33243088
>level curve
psypokes.com/hgss/gymelites.php
point to exactly where the curve takes place
>>
>>33243200
>You played 1st gen right?
Did you? First gen's last leader is 42 to 50 in RBG and 50 to 55 in Y.

>Were you expecting level 50 Steelixs in Mt. Moon?
Yeah? Why not? All the other fourth gen games don't have a problem in shitting in your face a lv45 Steelix. All the other gens don't have a problem in throwing you wild mons that are either 5 levels behind your endgame 50 or 5 levels above. Why is 2 and HGSS the only one where the lack of this is defended.

>>33243220
Nothing about that sounds "reasonable". Especially when it's completely different from every other game in the franchise.
>>
>>33243163
Of course not. But you'll still need to grind, and it takes too long to grind against a bunch of weak wild Pokemon.
>>
>>33243294
>But you'll still need to grind

No you don't.

I think the problem is that you're just bad at Pokemon. Getting levels from the trainer NPCs should be enough.
>>
ORAS is literally the worst game in the franchise
>>
>>33243263
>muh wild pokes
Because its Kanto m8. Gen 1 established Kanto. It wouldn't make sense that wild pokemon suddenly got gud within 3 years to the point where they go from fodder to absolute beast mode.

>muh levels
As for the Gyms, the difficulty with Clair came with the limited access to pokemon with dragon and ice type moves to combat her limited weaknesses.
>>
>>33243313
You can stop trying to sound tough. Clair isn't unstoppable, and can be seriously hurt with statuses. But she had a solid team, and a lot of the Pokemon available at the time weren't equipped to to fight against her team.

And even if you had an easy time, every single time, it doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way. Clair's strong, and she's from an era where Dragons didn't have Fairies to keep them in check, and Dragon and Steel types were't as widely-available.
>>
>>33242986
Don't play DP, only play Platinum. It's made the others obsolete.
Although, if you want to play both then don't start with Platinum because it would be impossible to go back.
>>
>>33243139
Pretty much every game before gen 5 has you around 8-10 levels below the champion unless you grind. RBY is the exception though in contrast the AI is super fucking shit.

This is with a team of 5-6 mons taken into account.
>>
>>33243375
Already have platinum. Just want to finish off my collection, which is missing SS and Diamond.
>>
>>33243351
>Because its Kanto m8. Gen 1 established Kanto. It wouldn't make sense that wild pokemon suddenly got gud within 3 years to the point where they go from fodder to absolute beast mode.

You mean like how BW "established Unova" and then there were suddenly level 59 Watchog on Route 1 in B2W2?

>people still think wild pokemon levels are "canon" and not an abstraction for gameplay purposes

The only areas where wild Pokemon are canonically much stronger than others are areas specifically off-limits to beginning trainer, like Victory Road. Just because the player starts at the lab and beats the gyms in a fixed order doesn't mean every trainer in the region does the same. There are wild Pokemon of varying levels everywhere, quit being dumb.
>>
>>33243044
ORAS is RS, but easier (Not only Exp Share and retarded Exp System from gen 6 made your team overpowered even without using Exp Share, but every trainer had less levels and sometimes worse movesets than in RS)

Every Gym puzzle was dumbed down, any little bit of freedom that the original had (like being able to skip some gyms until later, not caring about Pokemon contests, etc) is completely scrapped

They ruined Mauville city on an attempt of having a Luminouse city equivalent. The Delta Episode is by far the worse and most boring post game mission in the franchise (Fly to this place, figth a line of extremely underleveled grunts, press a a bunch of times in the most voring expo dump ever, repeat, catch a dumbed down rayquaza and figth deoxys)

The game had a slower pacing than before, and has too much innecessary dialogue.
>>
>>33243033
You don't need to be the same level, if you're within 5 levels of your enemy you'll be fine, however, if one is expected to be the level of your opponent before going to the next opponent, there's still a 19 level jump between blue and red's strongest pokemon
>>
>>33244689
that's still fine, you should be able to beat red by using your human brain and your bag of items
>>
File: 1486275808798.png (33KB, 216x98px) Image search: [Google]
1486275808798.png
33KB, 216x98px
>>33244782
>using items
>>
>>33244788
>people decide not to use a tool the game expects you to use
>these same people say "waaaah the game is too hard"
You have only yourself to blame, not some made-up level curve
>>
>>33244801
Now point out where I said the game was hard, because I'm a different Anon. Using items is just shit.
>>
>>33243371
Then get better at the game and beat her. None of these games require grinding unless you're bad.
>>
>>33244872
You don't have to be so try-hard. It's okay to admit that Pokemon isn't a cakewalk. They're easy games, but grinding is necessary for a lot of the games, unless you're the type who desperately spams items.

But even if you didn't have to grind, I'm sure many people feel the need to. Especially younger audiences, or people just getting into the games.. There's a reason why people have been complaining about the level curve throughout this thread. Fixing the level curve and putting out stronger Pokemon wouldn't hurt you in any way, but would have helped a lot of people.

You're just deflecting solid criticism by making any opposition out to be bad players.
>>
>>33243351
>It wouldn't make sense that wild pokemon suddenly got gud within 3 years to the point where they go from fodder to absolute beast mode.
It wouldn't make sense but it makes sense to have trainers with lv30-45 mons on it? What kind of fucking retarded logic is this? Why does Route 3 have lv8 wild Ekans and Rattata and Spearow then random people with lv30 Magmars?

>the difficulty with Clair came with the limited access to pokemon with dragon and ice type moves to combat her limited weaknesses
Oh yes, the limited access after walking through a fucking ice cave, yeah. The cave which contains the at-the-time-overpowered-for-the-game Jynx. Or one could carry the Lapras from muuuuuuuuuuuch earlier in the game. Not that anything in the gym but Kingdra requires them, Dragonair is shit and nobody in the gym is so smart to use the Lance trick(using dragonic mons instead of just dragon types).

>>33244186
>but every trainer had less levels and sometimes worse movesets than in RS)
Bait.
>>
>>33244801
>made-up level curve
Do you not know how to plot a simple graph? Numbers that exist in the game are not "made-up" just because you have yet to start high school math. On the off chance you see this post, please get a trip so people can filter your ignorance.
>>
>>33242817
The only problem I have with these games is that the engine is slow as fuck along with the battles. Other than that good game.
If only this game could be redone with the current engine
>>
>>33242817
>implying ORAS wasn't the worst of the remakes

FRLG improved upon what Blue did with Red and Green's encounter and trade lists.

HGSS improved upon what Crystal did with Gold and Silver's encounter and trade lists.

ORAS was just Ruby and Sapphire. Plus megastones. With an ultrashit epilogue BS.
Fuck Delta Episode.
Fuck ORAS for being such fails at HD remakes that Emerald is still better than they are.
>>
>>33246807
That's just because RSE were already perfect.
>>
>>33246807
but I dont have my Phanpy at the start of the game in HGSS
fucking bullshit m8
>>
I hate HGSS but I'm not retarded enough to think ORAS is better.

HGSS > FRLG > ORAS
>>
>>33242817
HGSS are so painfully overrated.
The wild Pokemon levels are not dependable and the npc trainer movesets are inferior to Emerald, B2W2 and Platinum's.
HGSS were beautiful looking and sounding games, but the gameplay itself was lackluster.
Reminder that Pryce's Pilowsine is evem worse than Pt Candice's Piloswine, which wasn't even her 2nd best pokemon.
>>
This board has a hateboner for ORAS, it's easily better than FRLG
>>
>>33242865
>copy pasted bf is worse than no bf
kys shitter
>>
>>33242889
breeding and power items it just took a while. also

HGSS >FRLG>ORAS Anything else is just be felt actually had some pretty decent post game content woth the extra islands and team rocket story
>>
>>33247199
HGSS have plenty of people who use status moves over raw power though. I noticed it on my recent playthrough

>>33247237
I'd say they are equal. Both bored me to tears

>>33246660
the level curve is real, it's just not a big deal unless you suck
>>
>>33247737
Or..if you have autism like me and want your pokes to be within 3 levels of trainers
>>
Fuck HgSs. No houndoom until Kabuto what bullshit. Also all the cool Pokémon in general can only be found in Kabuto. What a crock. Every idiot who plays through this game has the same team of starter, ampharos, Noctowl, quagsire and some stupid gimmick mon
>>
>>33247887
you mean kanto
but yes

and phanpy only at blackthorn is disgusting... (you get it, and it evolve directly, wow) we had it at the start of the game in crystal

you can't defend that shit
>>
>>33247887
I don't care for HGSS but my team last time I played was Azumarill, Sunflora, Skarmory, Ursaring, Yanmega, and Typhlosion.
>>
>>33247971
you managed a Yanma before swarms were unlocked? Good job
>>
>>33248101
He could have traded over a Yanma from the Great Marsh in Platinum (pre-national dex) or from Diamond/Pearl (post national dex)
>>
>>33248101
1% encounter rate without swarm
>>
>>33247237
>it's easily better than FRLG

Not really. FRLG had better balance and the post-game was more interesting. And it actually came up with a unique battle facility instead of copy pasting the battle tower.
>>
File: 1377872472951.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1377872472951.png
57KB, 184x184px
>>33242817
Objectively wrong. HGSS is by far the worst.
>only new content is gimmicks that lock out old content
>rehashed the worst Battle Frontier
>fix none of the original games flaws
>no new Pokemon
>music is noticably worse than the original
>unbearably slow engine makes for the worst gameplay in the series
>many Johto Pokemon are ruined by the Physical/Special split

The objectively correct order is
ORAS > FRLG > HGSS
>>
This is the most derailed thread I've ever seen.

I love it
>>
>>33248453
The amount of salt.
>>
>>33248453
I'll bite.
> only new content is gimmicks that lock out old content

New content such as...? The Safari Zone, Pokéathlon, evos such as Yanmega and Mamoswine and returning Kanto locations don't lock out anything.

> rehashed the worst Battle Frontier

As nice as a new Frontier might have been, I'm cool with it to assure Platinum compatibility.

> fix none of the original games flaws
Name them.

> no new Pokémon
New to what? The series as a whole? No duh, they've never added a new species altogether in anything other than a new generation. New to Johto? I mentioned the new evos, also Safari Zone and Poké Walker allow you to get stuff early.

> music is noticably worse than the original
How is it worse, and how is this not an argument that also applies to FRLG or ORAS?

> unbearably slow engine makes for the worst gameplay in the series
Okay, I'll give you that one. Gen 4 sucked for gameplay.

> many Johto Pokémon are ruined by the Physical/Special split
Name them.
>>
>>33248453

>only new content is gimmicks that lock out old content
What new content from HGSS locks out the old?

>rehashed the worst Battle Frontier
Out of a grand total of two? As supposed to ORAS, the remake that had NO Battle Frontier at all?

>fix none of the original games flaws
Again, as supposed to the Hoenn remake that is actively worse than Emerald?

>no new Pokemon
What remake has new Pokemon?

>music is noticably worse than the original
Subjective, but also not very important.

>unbearably slow engine makes for the worst gameplay in the series
How impatient are people nowadays?

>many Johto Pokemon are ruined by the Physical/Special split
Pretty sure it helped much more than it hurt. Example: Every Dark type.
>>
FrLg were basically copy paste RB, there was nothing really wrong with them.
>>
File: Battle Resort.png (515KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Resort.png
515KB, 640x451px
>>33242817
HGSS > FRLG >>> ORAS
FRLG's problem is just that it stays TOO accurate to the original games, to the point of blocking off things like cross-gens and breeding until you beat the Champion. It's definitely preferable to ORAS ignoring so much content from RSE and changing some things in negative ways like removing the postgame roaming legendary and giving it to you for free five badges into the game.
HGSS of course isn't perfect either, some things like the level curve that were problems in the original games weren't addressed, but I felt it hit the best balance between keeping old things and modernizing others.
>>
File: battle tower (crystal, gen iv).jpg (64KB, 499x189px) Image search: [Google]
battle tower (crystal, gen iv).jpg
64KB, 499x189px
>>33243092
It's not as good as Emerald's but that's not what he's complaining about. He thinks that HGSS taking Platinum's Frontier is equivalent to ORAS taking XY's Maison, even though the former is a straight upgrade over what was there in Crystal and the latter is a straight downgrade over what was there in Emerald. He's trying to treat the disdain for ORAS's Battle Resort as "people don't like taking anything from other games" instead of "people don't like removing a large feature and putting a much smaller, shittier feature in its place"
>>
File: 1470346199712.jpg (87KB, 336x422px) Image search: [Google]
1470346199712.jpg
87KB, 336x422px
>>33246807
>FRLG improved upon what Blue did
But Blue really didn't do anything. It was just graphical updates and bugfixes, which were nice in the context of Gen 1 but neither are really applicable in the Gen 3 remake that doesn't share any of the assets or code from Gen 1.
>>
>>33247887
>No houndoom until Kabuto
I assume you mean Kanto. Can't you get Houndoom in the Safari Zone? Personally I think they should've put some of the Kanto 'mons as rare encounters on Route 47/48 like putting Murkrow in the Headbutt trees at night or somesuch like Polished Crystal did, but they're still obtainable if you're singling them out, even if you probably wouldn't get one in a blind run due to the Safari Zone being really unintuitive in HGSS.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.