[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 57

File: 1482216360990.jpg (2MB, 2400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1482216360990.jpg
2MB, 2400x2000px
Ultraforce edition

>Post your finds and ideas for prompts.
>Share your work and request critique.
>Discuss the struggle as a reader or writer.
IRC channel at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ].

Previous: >>33168377

Fic catalogue:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

Authors and anons looking for things to write may search our ideabin for something appealing.
Feel free to add prompts that you'd like others to consider.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

FAQ:
>How do I post fics?
Link to Pastebin, FFN, AO3, or G-Docs, etc. Don't write stories to the thread itself.

>NSFW fics?
Indicate "NSFW" beside the link.

>May I add my fic to the catalogue?
You're free to do so. Please use the submission form found inside the catalog.

>What's with the tripfags?
Authors are encouraged to use a name/trip while posting or discussing their work for clarity's sake.

TotT: What would make for a good balance of handling the number of antagonists in a story? Would the protagonist butt heads with one after the other, fight them all at once, or even try wooing them to their side if they reach a mutual agreement? How about the classic sole antagonist in a story role?
>>
>>33242742
Fic recap:

SexTheHex makes a fic about Trainers playing with their Dittos. NSFW
https://pastebin.com/TMtJrHMW

Updated Fics:

Traipsingexodus's Errant's Hearth Chapter 5
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12140893/5/The-Errant-s-Hearth

ManifestDestiny's The Dark Type Chapter 21
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/26318520

Solar's Heaven Slice chapter 2
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12562146/2/Heaven-s-Slice
>>
File: humor and comedy in two panels.jpg (177KB, 1170x842px) Image search: [Google]
humor and comedy in two panels.jpg
177KB, 1170x842px
So, is there any source and listing for /vp/? Like "best hits" or something?
I've found that I've been wanting to lean towards competent humor fics because I really like what C7sus4 is presenting with his Derpedex.
>>
>>33242993
A recommendation fic section had been talked about for the catalog, but that was scrapped for a bunch of reasons. At best, the catalog in the OP contains a bunch of things written by people on /v/. They should at least be presentable without too much things impeding the reading progress
>>
>>33242993
There were some people posting about their favorites towards the end of last thread.
>>
So, I must think that a story must balance the antagonists, so you can have a little plot twist if you wish that. For example an antagonist that perhaps wants to destroy the rest of villains.
>>
>>33243631
I thought that was normal fiction though, not fanfic.
Also, sorry for killing the thread.
>>
>>33243750
You've given me an excuse to publish a new chapter so there's that.
>>
>>33243750
I'd caught it on Page 10, but I didn't notice that detail till I was proof-reading my post, and by then it had been sacrificed for the 12th concurrent "is this leak real or fake?" thread.
>>
>>33243804
>tfw the next "a thread died for this" post I see is gonna feel real fuckin' personal.
>>
>>33243750
If it was for general fiction, then we can recommend pokefics this thread.
>>
About to start reading this:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5362357/1/Carnage_Necropolis

Has anyone read it before? I'm taking a break from devamping Melemele Island to GSC tiles, which you can see in the /heg/ thread, I thought I'd strap in for a longer fic.

Anyway, to something on-topic, what's everyone's favorite universe to write in? Games, anime, manga, spin-offs, or, somehow, other?
>>
>>33244208
Games, no question. The games have the most available information and room for extended worldbuilding. Easiest to write original characters into without them becoming mary sues, too.
>>
>>33242742
Cut up the antagonists to have roughly one or two per group of protagonists is how I'm approaching it. It'll make ACPC easier to handle to give bundle of protags their own antagonist when the Final Battle finally happens.

>>33244208
Modified game canon. Heavily modified game canon. The Homuncuverse draws primarly from the game world though I think it has a few things pulled from the anime, manga and spinoffs. Not to mention the heaping helping of headcanon I stuffed into it.
>>
>>33242742
>TotT

>balance?
>order of butting heads?

That mostly depends in the story. The really good works that I have found seem to follow the common pattern of have antagonists "take their number" and go into confrontation in a relative order of most stakes to least stakes on the overall plot, even if narratively speaking that ends up biting them in the ass. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a good example of this strategy: most stakes are Bartoc (money, but with it the assertion of reputation to keep his line of work) and Zola (semblance of "life" but also continuation of his own ideals), least stakes are the Winter Soldier (merely carry out a mission) and Pierce (who only mostly pretends to be a head honcho, and HYDRA goes on without him easily).

>classic sole antagonist?
If there is a singular great antagonist in a key role in the story, what tends to balance the story well is to enhance the involvement of the antagonist and make the protagonist's matters evolve from a general "do good" perspective to It's Personal, and then whisk the personal connection out of both sides' hands as a catalist for the climatic confrontation. Noximilian in Wakfu (the season 1 series) is a good example of how to do it for its format, even if it starts the deal by abusing a bit the cliché of the villain who makes their own hero at birth (or childhood).

>>33243804
you only had. one. job.

>>33244208
>universe to write in?
Personal mix and blend of canons is what I go at. The Suocéverse is built as a blend primarily of the anime (or rather, movies) and games verses, with elements from other canons grilled and tossed in to spice things up. Though I am still thinking of if and what to draw from eg.: Trozei.

Still, more than "what universe" I tend to care more about "what feels"; the writing I do is of a world seen as an optimistic thing in the large scope of things - something that I've mostly drawn out from the movies verse.
>>
Ay lads, been lurking on and off for a while now, but never posted anything. Haven't written fanfiction in almost five years now, looking to get back into it, under a different name. Got plans for a decently long work, and I've got the first chapter finished. Done the first editing pass already, though I haven't posted it on AO3 or FF yet. If you've got the time, I'd really appreciate any feedback you could give me:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A3zWBPSGqb9XDAwAqbous0Hb1xZuKzMbDKE0GpZC3EA/edit?usp=sharing

Like I said, it's been a while since I've seriously written anything, and though I feel reasonably confident, please don't hold back on any criticism you might have.
>>
File: 29955304_p0.jpg (151KB, 800x511px) Image search: [Google]
29955304_p0.jpg
151KB, 800x511px
Here's [Vines of Deceit] Chapter 9, "The Storm": http://archiveofourown.org/works/9294437/chapters/26486736
>>
File: 1498284592498.png (265KB, 700x680px) Image search: [Google]
1498284592498.png
265KB, 700x680px
>Dead hour updates ITT
New chapter of Heavens Slice, Chapter 3: Shot in the Dark

>Ao3
https://archiveofourown.org/works/11428515

>FFN
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12562146/3/Heaven-s-Slice
>>
Morning bump
>>
>>33245432
What's the summary of this?
>>
>>33245432
>Very therapeutic.
"Very" sounds juvenile in this case. Maybe use "quite" instead?
>and another one of Rick's pokemon.
You establish that she's his in the next sentence, so this is unnecessary.
>Rick had Sy (short for “Sylvester”), his sableye, in the great ball on his hip, and he was confident Sy could take on a few Unown.
You don't need to tell us what his nickname is, you can just introduce it without any production. It's not like there are any other characters in the scene with an "sy" in their name. And is it imperative you tell us he's in a great ball? Right now, it just sounds like padding for sentence length.
>with her empathy-communication
Careful. Treading OP psychic territory. Make sure you limit her ability extensively.
>all those OP psychics in the next paragraph
WEEOOWEEOO OP PSYCHIC ALERT
Don't know if you were here for cge's explanation of how he avoids making his psychics OP, but I think it's a pretty sound method. If alakazam and reuniclus are capable of telepathy (all or only some of them? complete sentences or not?) then that should be their "specialty". They can't do people-talk, and kick butt in battle, and see the future, and read palms, and fuck bitches, all in one package. That alakazam has probably spent ages focusing on the human conversations he could never fully take part in, and carefully developed his understanding of context and vocabulary through hard work aided by his innate capabilities. But this should be balanced out with him being poor in other areas so as not to make all the other illiterate mons in the world look unremarkable by comparison.
>>
>>33248513
>cge's explanation of how he avoids making his psychics OP
I'll repeat.

Because Psychic-type is broad, flexible, and instantly resolves many conflicts, which shortcuts your story or demands arbitrary obstructions, I suggest a skill-point method for defining a Psychic's talents.

First, break Psychic up into categories that fit your world. To wit:
• Precognition. Can your character read the next page before you write it, or just gets good/bad feelings in time to warn somebody. (Despite type, a racial trait of Absol.)
• Postcognition. Can your character see a past event objectively through other's memories or tales?
• Telepathy. Often a cheat around language barriers, how far does it reach and can it go both ways?
• Consciousness linkage. Can your character enter others' dreams, connect the minds of others, or let one experience the memories of another?
• Teleportation. A tricky skill because when OP, you have to consider how quickly it can become prohibitively malicious.
• Telekinesis. Another one that's tricky to balance for the same reasons.
• Mesmerism. This can range from influencing someone's perception to seizing total control over someone's mind.

Second, think about how society handles these abilities. In my stories, there's a theme of particular materials—like silver wire and plating—disrupting Psychic+Ghost-type powers. Because these abilities can break laws leaving no evidence, where you place limits should be guided by deciding how far these powers can go, how they are thwarted, and how society reacts to abuses.

Third, assign skill points. Maybe a character's an expert in one, talented in another, and rubbish/useless at all others. Or, does all a little but is only good at three. The strong skills are how your character gets through life, the weak/missing skills allow challenges. Most importantly, when boosting a minor skill could solve a conflict, weaken that skill and make the character find another way, or get help.
>>
>>33245686
I know your secret.
>>
File: 1489025586961.png (67KB, 870x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489025586961.png
67KB, 870x480px
>browsing for new content
>>
>>33252530
>browsing
Who browses when they know that anything worth its being updated gets linked here by its author?
>>
>>33252624
I'm just glad people read my work at all.
>>
(1/2)
>>33247943
I haven't written a proper summary yet for when I publish, but it's a story about two trainers whose lives drastically affect each others', though they never meet or realize the effect they're having on each other. They each go on a different sort of grand adventure, wherein they very nearly cross paths, or do things that directly affect each other without realizing it. Ex.: Trainer 1 buys the last potions at a rural pokemart before leaving town. When trainer 2 arrives the next day, she's forced to stay an extra week because she's low on supplies and is unwilling to leave town before the next shipment arrives. Not exactly what I intend to do, but that's the gist of it. Of course, it's not just a generic adventure with a gimmick; there is an overall plot and purpose to the dual-POV format. But it's not something I'm willing to spill the beans on. Honestly, I feel like I've probably said too much already.

>>33248513
I see what you're saying about unnecessary details, and I think I'll be reworking those bits. Ctrl+F says I use the phrase "great ball on/at his hip" three different times in the chapter, which is pretty embarrassing, honestly. Thank you for pointing that out. As for the psychics...
>>
(2/3)
>>33254601
>>33249053
More excellent points. Psychics certainly are OP, left unchecked, and I can't believe I didn't give it any proper thought. I'll certainly be modifying my world-building notes to accommodate this gross oversight. Given these considerations, I’ll be changing Rick’s thoughts about reuniclus and alakazam as high-level telepaths to be more indicative of their status as /possible/ high-level telepaths (in the sense that a pokemon would need to have the psychic ability of a final-stage evolution to be able to properly communicate telepathically), and rework the paragraph to show that.

Following the rules about psychics, out of 10 total skill points, I'd probably distribute 7 or 8 to the alakazam in the telepathy category. I'd like to point out that he's not communicating with Coral from miles away on his power alone, but rather taking advantage of the "psychic network" I mentioned (but didn't explain) in the chapter.

As for Coral, out of 10 points, I’m putting 4 in telepathy, 4 in telekinesis, and 2 in consciousness linkage. She’s really not all that strong, combat-wise, but her bond with Rick is close. When I started writing this chapter last week, I held the notion that the Chimecho line had a strong connection to emotions, like the ralts line. After reviewing pokedex entries, I’ve realized it was all headcanon. But I think I’ll keep the emotion-broadcasting; I’ve got a direction I plan on taking with it, and it’s fun to write, even if it is a little clumsy. Is for 4 too low for the rudimentary telepathy she has? Assuming 10 is perfect speech at incredible range, I figured that empath-speech at 20-25 feet max is reasonable for a 4. If I’m using the system wrong, please let me know.
>>
>>33254607
Apologies if this post is incomprehensible - I’ve been very busy today, between work and some social obligations, and now it’s quite late and I’m reeeeally tired, but I really wanted to respond to your comments. If nothing else, I hope to finish this story a better writer, and I can’t do that without constructive criticism. I don’t have any work tomorrow or the next day, so I’ll hopefully be able to do some more editing and finalize my plans for the story as a whole, before publishing the first chapter this weekend if all goes well.
>>
morning bump
>>
File: 1441655413410.jpg (1MB, 1584x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441655413410.jpg
1MB, 1584x1080px
>TotT
The advantage of writing multiple stories is being able to experiment with how each handles conflict. Conflicts can derive from the story’s theme, but setting and tone are also important. I find using antagonists as a voice-piece for the other side of a thematic message to be fitting and rather satisfying if done well. If they can articulate the opposite of the principled protagonist, then that’s a good enough start, a passing grade to be sure. These members of the story shine in their manifestation of a personal code, ethos, or other reason for doing what it is that they do because it compels a reader to consider WHY these two ideologies are at odds. This leads into your point about the how they do what they do. As an example, an antagonist who has encountered the protag once and lost may do many things based on how they conceptualize overcoming their defeat. They may shrewdly recruit a group of hired thugs to try and beat up the protag next time with numbers. Or the antagonist may slip into the shadows and begin to command underlings to harass and weaken the protag as a puppet master would until the time comes (if at all) to reveal who is really behind the veil pulling the strings. They could take it real personal and hound after the protag, not accepting anything less than seeing their own hand humiliate and/or slay the one who opposed them. And, as you mention, if there exists common ground or a greater threat, protagonists and antagonists may unexpectedly team up.

Finally, you can be an anti-hero protagonist. I’ve been taking that route recently by writing about a thief and her Sneasel. It forces me to deal with traditional moral authorities such as the police, in addition to depraved criminals of the underworld, as potential antagonists. The longer I write, the more the conventional lines denoting a dichotomy of right and wrong seem to blur, as there are corrupt cops just as there are noble thieves. It’s the best experience yet.
>>
File: 1494872953115.jpg (1MB, 1100x744px) Image search: [Google]
1494872953115.jpg
1MB, 1100x744px
>>
>>33242742
Forgot to reply to the OP due to character count constraints in >>33257623
>>
>>33254607
>If I’m using the system wrong, please let me know.
You can't use it wrong, only ineffectively if you take it as a technique instead of a change of perspective. "4/10" means exactly what you decide for it to mean. What matters is that you develop an intuitive sense of how your Psychics experience the world.

For example, in my Can't Escape, Vera, a Xatu, has top-tier clairvoyance and she shows off some consciousness linking from time to time. On the other end, she can only teleport herself and objects with contact over (relatively) short distances, and her telekinesis is so poor that at best she can merely keep something at rest from moving: To pick up a pokeball, she uses a suction cup.

If one gets too excited about a character and its powers, it's easy to start creeping. Plus, diversifying powers too much removes distinctive traits.

Which is more interesting, a Xatu who casually picks up objects with telekinesis, or who sees a future need to lift a particular object and prepares by bringing a suction cup? By not cheating, I point at the tool-using craftiness of better birds combined with her primary skill.
Which is more interesting, a Xatu who teleports in/out whenever, or uses her wings for the only thing they're good for plus her precognition to literally drop in at the moment she needs to be somewhere? The latter, because then when she does teleport, it punctuates the scene. (Likewise, when she could fly but chooses to walk, or when she seems to have shown up early.)

There's no usefulness in putting a number on each of her skills, but there is in the analogy, because it keeps in mind the individual and overall skills of the character and clarifies which conflicts a character handles easily and which require interesting creativity.
>>
>>33257623
Anti-hero protagonists are pretty fun to write I've found. They need a system of contacts and are able to grow into deeper parts of the underworld than traditionally good characters can, and you get the added bonus of being able to pull the, "I know a guy" card whenever an unsavory character that provides an unsavory service is needed. To an extent anyway. It also has the wonderful benefit, as you mentioned, of helping to flesh out a world and its flaws by challenging the traditional view of the authorities, rendering them corrupt, impotent, actively malicious or some mixture of the three. Lumiose has been a real treat to write because of that.

It's also great for giving a more intimate and often more scathing view of the injustices and atrocities that run through the underworld. I'm going to jerk myself off in referencing this, but I think back to the rather candid conversation Ricard and Ignace had in the cab as a good example of good people with bad pasts trying to do the right thing the "wrong" way.
>>
File: sanic pizza fanfics.gif (2MB, 1306x533px) Image search: [Google]
sanic pizza fanfics.gif
2MB, 1306x533px
>>
File: 1500162923687.png (396KB, 395x373px) Image search: [Google]
1500162923687.png
396KB, 395x373px
>>33261444
>>
>>33261444
Mean words per review: 270.

This writing is literally quite noteworthy and remarkable.
>>
>>33252530
>tfw my favorite fandoms are all the worst trash
pokemon and undertale are literally cancer to browse most of the time on AO3
god, the cringe I've seen, the cringe I've read
>>
>>33249053
>Because these abilities can break laws leaving no evidence
I want to bring special attention to this, and limits in general. There's several different ways you can reign in a psychic's potential to wreck plot.
>Any psychic manipulation leaves an impression or echo that other psychic-types can pick up on
>Psychic power is reciprocal; any connection allows some measure of feedback, or the psychic has to actively control the link
>Targets can - if they're aware - actively resist even if they aren't psychic themselves, just by mental tricks (this is a particularly common trope, stemming from the anti-interrogation technique of repeating a mantra or similar)
And this list isn't exhaustive.

I would consider it on a species-by-species basis. Alata has a very particular set of skills, determined by her species. The two psychics introduced at the end of BSTF Ch.9 were of species likewise specifically chosen for their roles. A psychic mentioned, but not present, in my upcoming story is focused on other skills for their past occupation.

And, above all, remember that they're not infallible in any of their domains, and it's always an organic mind interpreting the data. Alata's difficulties understanding Michael despite a fine empathic sense and a direct line to his brain is a main conflict point in BSTF, because she still needs to interpret the data she receives.
>>
File: 1501559111237.png (168KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501559111237.png
168KB, 700x700px
>>
>>33263531
Sadly, it's not hard to predict the need for a bump, in this thread.
>>
Does anybody else like to "interview" their characters?
If you've done it, you probably know what I mean.
>>
File: 1501753757685.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501753757685.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>33265967
Funny you should mention that. I'm working on a chapter right now with a local news reporter doing special reports on the newest members of a guild. Having fun with it. Especially since it allows me to bring up things better suited for back and forth Q&A dialogue in lieu of typical narration.
>>
>>33265967
I don't know what you mean. Do you care to elaborate?
>>
>>33265967
Those tumblr lists of your characters favorite everything, you mean? Honestly I think they're just timewasters people use to fellate their own egos.
>>
>>33266030
it's like a QnA, but with whatever character you make. The idea is that the 'character' writes itself instead of you writing the character, like how they would respond to a situation naturally or something. it's been a while since I last seen one used well though.
Closest example I can think of as an interview is that episode in The Last Airbender when the main protagonists watched a play that basically recapped everything they have done (albeit satrically) and them reacting to it.
>>
>>33266210
While I can imagine metafiction involving characters in one's stories as a fun aside, this sounds like an elaborate effort into infodumping.
>>
>>33266399
Are we ever gonna get more of Komo and Solymar? Those two crack me up. Characterization is one of your greatest strengths, although it's a shame I have to say that in consideration of authors who fall flat.
>>
File: 1496439714954.png (216KB, 1014x590px) Image search: [Google]
1496439714954.png
216KB, 1014x590px
Giant fairy floof bump
>>
File: solymardraft.png (35KB, 226x320px) Image search: [Google]
solymardraft.png
35KB, 226x320px
>>33266652
Right now I'm mostly focused on O/C which is at 55k-over-8-chapters so far. But if nothing else jumps to mind first, LL's continuance might be my next adventure after that.
>>
>tfw you want to write more of your story but you're also having way too much fun writing world-building notes that no one will ever see, and it's taking up all of your set-aside writing time

It's a mixed sorta feel. Ultimately it will make the story stronger and more cohesive, but I almost feel like using my writing time for not writing the story itself is a sort of procrastination. Does this happen to anyone else?
>>
>>33268778
It doesn't happen to me because my writing my stories IS my world-building. That way, the world I build is also the world my stories are happening in. Building a world separately from the story means you then have to make them agree. That's extra work I haven't time for.

The only "world-building notes" I keep are tiny details, like names I might use later for map locations, or pokemon characters' IV/Nature stats.

>using my writing time for not writing the story itself is a sort of procrastination
I agree with this observation. It's substitution that you "get away with" because you can tell yourself that you're working on your story despite not overcoming whatever it is that holds you back.
>>
>>33268722
Didn't mean to pressure, was just wondering if you had any little oneshots or spinoffs in the works. Anthony and Warden were derived from their appearance in LL, after all (right?) Komo is amusingly complacent being Solymar's domestic servant, and domestic scenes are what you do best.
>>
File: tumblr_ne2q73kWNn1rdwh8bo1_320.jpg (31KB, 240x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne2q73kWNn1rdwh8bo1_320.jpg
31KB, 240x360px
>>33269744
>Didn't mean to pressure
No pressure. I'm just saying that it'll be a while if it happens, since at the soonest it's behind another long piece.

>any little oneshots or spinoffs in the works
Not yet, one's never more than a spontaneous flash of inspiration away. :D
E/V was inspired over the course of about twelve seconds by a /vpwt/ anon's comment, "That's what pokemon is, doe" (because at that time, writing "though" as "doe" was a Milhouse-tier meme): "Pokemon is doe," I hadn't written a story with a prominent quadruped, deer characters are defined by being hunted, make it a buck instead of a doe so people won't immediately expect a M/F lemon, who could be hunting? there's this Gates guy I mentioned but hadn't done much with, his fate being already written makes his backstory a commentary on both dramatic irony and free-will-v-determinism, add some Psychic-type clairvoyance to illustrate that topic; I wrote the first scene, felt that it had traction, and the story wrote itself from there.

>Anthony and Warden were derived from their appearance in LL, after all (right?)
Gates appears anonymously in the first chapter, and is referred to by name a couple of times later in the text. Warden did not exist when I wrote LL and does not appear.

>domestic scenes are what you do best.
That's good to know and it's good to know one's strengths, but since O/C is always on the move… I'm doomed.
>>
File: 1408995894647.jpg (48KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
1408995894647.jpg
48KB, 500x401px
>write big unpolished trashy ~10K fapfic that needs tons of editing and refining to get remotely presentable
>procrastinate editing by writing two even more trashy fapfics ~3K words each that feel like they outright wrote themselves.

It's a weird feeling but I'm happy I'm making content. Not posting either of the two trashier fapfics here because it's downright gurochan-tier content.
>>
File: 61979881_p16.png (238KB, 795x904px) Image search: [Google]
61979881_p16.png
238KB, 795x904px
>>33270737
>withholding guro
please don't torture me this way
>>
File: 1408912250381.png (319KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408912250381.png
319KB, 640x480px
>>33270750
It's not guro, it's the other big fetish gurochan hosts. Pic related
>>
File: dream_db6be153d8.jpg (47KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
dream_db6be153d8.jpg
47KB, 400x240px
>>33270795
oh dear
>>
>>33270795
damn, got my hopes up. well, i'm sure you have an audience in other anons. good luck editing.
>>
>>33268778
So much.
>>
>>33268778
This is how I started my original fiction project. In my defense, I did also write 40+ disjointed scenes, but the majority of those have since been overwritten with new canon.
>>
bump
>>
>>33265967
Have had a couple of my characters (Eltenios and Inka in particular) take part in multiuser character interview threads in places such as Serebii. Besides that, nothing in particular. I don't really interview my characters myself.

>>33266072
Glad you are so above it all.

>>33268778
>2017
>not publishing your worldbuilding as its own work

That said, cge has it >>33268858 regarding the "How to" do it - making the worldbuilding the story itself is a thing. It's also the most engaging way for the readers who are interested.

OTOH I completely disagree with the other part of his post. Worldbuilding is work, just like writing is. If you choose your format and model well, it's even "writing work". And down the line, it still completely and absolutely beats not doing anything at all with your writing or whatever is holding you back -at least you are getting content out and still getting rid of problems.
>>
>>33274211
>Worldbuilding is work, just like writing is.
It's effort, but it's not the work.

>it still completely and absolutely beats not doing anything at all
This is you giving yourself a participation trophy.

>at least you are getting content out
If world-building notes are the content, why write a story too?

>and still getting rid of problems
If you are solving problems that stand before you, then you are writing the story. If you are putting problems in your way, then you're world-building.

I don't think you actually disagree with me, but that you don't see the difference between Effort, Work, and The Work. Perhaps you have too much time free for dawdling. When I get down time alone to write, I choose a goal (be it to extend or revise) and I swing for a home run.
>>
>>33274211
I consider all of my works to be building upon the same world by looking at it through different perspectives. Like an irregular shaped object, the world built should cast different shadows based on what direction the light is coming from. These shadows could be analogous to your main character's perspective, how they see things, where they were raised, or general point of view.

PoV is one thing to be mindful of and so is dealing with circumstances consisting of: there's other individuals living in the world while judging it their own way. Arguably, that's how a built world begins to feel alive.

In the irc last night there was talk about the stigma surrounding dark types. Are they really evil? Or just a misunderstood force of nature? Why do mischievous fairies get a pass while your average dark type is shunned for being the bad guy? Anyway it got me thinking (never a good thing), about how to incorporate this into my writing and the answer is to further build the world so that it may perhaps sustain a variety of theories on the subject in addition to the subjectivity of characters.
>>
File: 1490148245042.png (441KB, 754x744px) Image search: [Google]
1490148245042.png
441KB, 754x744px
>>33274615
>fairies get a pass
Do they really though?
>>
>>33274615
Speaking of the irc, how active is it? I've never been there and I'm wondering how much I'm missing out on.
>>
>>33274788
Decently so. It has quiet periods but there's usually good conversation to be had if a topic gets brought up that begs different responses and approaches.
>>
>>33274615
>dark types. Are they really evil?
Yes. The JPN name for the type is Aku. They are evil.
>Why do mischievous fairies get a pass
Because ever since Fairy Godmother and Tinkerbell became the prominent notion of what supernatural creatures are. The Old World tradition of Granny warning the kids about circles of mushrooms in the forest is now instead a turf battle between Netflix and Disney over streaming royalties.

But again, we must pause to consider the popular understanding of such a concept.
"Evil" in Japan connects with a rich history of supernatural creatures in folk tales; in the New World, "Evil" is connected with disobedience toward the God of Abram: Disrespecting commandment, Adversary/Satan, Lucifer's fall from grace, and the coming of an anti-Christ before Apocalypse of Christ's return. There really isn't a very good, common, short, simple word (that comes to my mind) for this class of supernatural creatures in English that isn't too specific to capture them all or polluted by pop culture (as Fairy has been). "Fay" has gained traction recently, but it's just a variant of "fairy" to dodge said visualization problem.

Back to Pokemon, Dark and Fairy really are the same concept but Dark by its name emphasizes the trickster aspects, so Fairy now covers the aspects of enchantment, which were mostly thrown into the Normal bucket, with noteworthy exceptions. And it gave them an opportunity to tweak the type chart.

Anyway, there's no reason not to love and trust YOUR weaviles and sylveons, but think twice about trusting anybody else's. The fay use their powers to further their own ends. :)
>>
>>33274788
It's active enough. I'm usually just a lurking writefriend so many of the topics come and go while I'm busy writing my fic. That being said, it's a good place to take a breather, and discuss things while not consigned to being subject to a cancerous discord setting.
>>33274826
I like the way you think, my friend.
>>
>>33268778
DS has so much world-building, I feel like I'm making an EU4 mod at times instead of fiction. Barred Hearts has a lot less but there's still a lot of world-building needed to explain certain concepts.

I think, as long as you're getting details down about the world at large, even if it's the main body of work itself, you're still working on the story. It's better to have all the world-building done so as to not confuse yourself later on.
>>
>>33276474
hey I'm new what's DS
>>
>>33274826
Have you ever written a character more evil than Pervical ? Most of your characters are mature enough to talk about their feelings when it counts, regardless of how macho or not it makes them. I'm not sure if this is brilliant and satisfying or completely unbelievable.
>>
>>33277088
welp I'm clearly too tired to post
>>
File: 1qe4doao2.jpg (12KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
1qe4doao2.jpg
12KB, 180x240px
>>33277088
That's an interesting pick for "most evil." I'd been shooting for "inconsiderate." (And occasionally a way to infodump how I've imported game mechanics.)

>Most of your characters are mature enough to talk about their feelings
Hopefully, >this is brilliant and satisfying, since it is deliberate. His approach to training has been mostly book-smart instead of street-smart. Despite following what he thinks he's learned, there's a puzzle piece missing and he's trying to fix it by pushing harder at what he knows instead of braving the unknown by accepting that his studies haven't been worth much. And when he turns introverted and distant from his pokemon, Fiona proves herself to be a chore to him and Sam starts going in a direction that he has not read up on. That sounds like something that might be addressed in later material, should any pop up someday.

>>33277099
But not too tired to dub your dubs.
>>
File: 63947458_p18.jpg (102KB, 891x946px) Image search: [Google]
63947458_p18.jpg
102KB, 891x946px
>>33277744
He's just too mean to remain merely inconsiderate in my perception, mostly because of his milotic. I'd sooner give that title to Jean's original faggot trainer or Ol' Faithful, Vincent in CE. And the lack of resolution in Pokemon Master P's subplot was something that disappointed me, so I do hope you revisit it someday.
>>
How do y'all find names that are more interesting and unique than Bob, but not too far into Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way territory?
>>
>>33278029
By reusing decent character names I made up before, as well as just using names I like.

I'm still waiting for the day I'll be able to use Rita.
>>
>>33278084
Hi mig where you bean
>>
>>33278102
Never left, always been here. If you don't see me for another month it's still certain I'm still here (and also a lot slower than usual)
>>
>>33278029
scour baby name websites
>>
>>33278137
this, this, always this
>>
>>33278029
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:Given_names_by_language
>>
>>33278137
>>33278179
hot damn
>>
>>33242742
Is this thread where I request that pyukumuku fic?
>>
>>33278203
Yes, please elaborate.
>>
>>33278230
That one which is NFSW and has two boys stuffing it I think
>>
>>33278203
>>33278230
>>33278296
https://archive-media-0.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1482/47/1482472373548.jpg
>>
>>33277744
>>33277843
>inconsiderate
That's basically what I got. Nothing he does is out of malice, just a desire to be a great trainer without any regard for his pokemon's feelings and desires. He doesn't seem to go out of his way to be authoritarian, giving his team more than enough freedom in the off season to realize their own resentment of him, and hardly reacting when they express it openly. It even seems like he made some half-hearted efforts to improve in the back half of the story: buying Sam a plant to replace the one that died, buying Fiona a speech TM when he doesn't actually think it's a good use of money, and seeking a master's advice. The former two were obviously too little too late and it's not clear if the latter amounted to anything at all.
>>
File: 1500118240170.jpg (264KB, 2048x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1500118240170.jpg
264KB, 2048x1518px
>>
File: Lusamine.full.2037824.jpg (964KB, 1000x961px) Image search: [Google]
Lusamine.full.2037824.jpg
964KB, 1000x961px
>>33270737
Oh hey, the big trashy smut is done! Enjoy!

Lusamine is looking for a new daughter to replace her old naughty children. You look like the perfect candidate to doll up! Enjoy a first person story where Lusamine changes your clothes and body to coincide with her perverted desires.

Contains: Crossdressing, Sissification,
Bimbofication, Violence, Huge Dildos, Brain Washing, Breast Growth, Futa, Premature Orgasms, Stamina Reduction

https://pastebin.com/zMzmwErS
>>
late bump
>>
>>33282096
late for what?
>>
>>33282340
Affecting causality and changing the world
>>
>>33282340
Late in the day most likely.
>>
>>33282645
I do that all the time by writing chapters in advance and going back to change things before they're set in stone.
>>
>>33282851
>set in stone.
Latinanon should carve his fic in marble so fanfic autism will survive coming nuclear holocaust.
Survivors will find and translate it someday and it will be the new Beowulf, studied by all to learn the culture of the ancients and to discover how it drove them to self destruction.
>>
>>33278029
For random, one-time, or minor characters I use this: https://www.behindthename.com/random/

For the main cast I use the site's actual catalog because it gives me the meaning behind the names, so as to be subtle with what they represent.

>>33277017
Donker Samenleving or Dark Society in English

If you want a gander, here it is: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12359877/1/Donker-Samenleving
>>
>>33282962
>coming nuclear holocaust.
>Armageddon exists only in the future.
>Time isn't a flat circle.
>There is not an ending necessary to birth a new beginning in literature or in life.
>This existence isn't purgatorium where we all hang out, flipping through the pages of history.
And by far the most offensive assumption:
>Survivors
>>
>>33283240
>coming nuclear holocaust.
First it comes, then it goes, and we go with it.
>Armageddon exists only in the future.
And in my VHS collection.
>Time isn't a flat circle.
It's a cube.
>There is not an ending necessary to birth a new beginning in literature or in life.
"The king is dead. Long live the king."
>This existence isn't purgatorium where we all hang out, flipping through the pages of history.
People still "hang out?"
>Survivors
Tardigrades will make it.
>>
>>33283240
>>33283481
>>33282962
I wanted to write fics not cancer guys
>>
File: 7fuiOTc.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7fuiOTc.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>33284060
What's the difference?
>>
>>33284542
One kills you. The other is fucking cancer.
>>
File: 1502173402675.jpg (14KB, 227x147px) Image search: [Google]
1502173402675.jpg
14KB, 227x147px
Oh boy updating fics on a sunday, the equivalent of 4 am.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/8071213/chapters/26611413
Time to put a bullet in my brain, cause the next will probably be another button masher, and i gotta update me old chapters.
>>
Any non-PMD tf stories recommended? I really liked A Little Night Music and wondered where I might find more
>>
Here's a good question.
What is the difference between being "dark" and "edgy"?
"Dark" being in the neutral sense and "edgy" in the negative sense, in terms of the quality of writing.
(This picture was the [L]edgiest that I could find.)
>>
File: banette.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
banette.png
49KB, 250x250px
>>33286008
Dark is being born with black hair or getting a scar on your face. Edgy is accentuating it with black/red clothes and a negative personality, as a general example, of course.

For a pokemon example see pic related. It's dark, sure, but it's not necessarily edgy until you learn more about it.

Don't let 4chans "dark always equals edgy" get to you.
>>
>>33286008
Edgy is when your story is pointlessly and immaturely dark, usually by (the author) misusing violence and rape.

Saving Private Ryan is dark, but not edgy. Tucker and Dale vs Evil is excessively violent and gory, but is not edgy because this is (very explicitly) comedic and satirical. Edgy is Shadow the Hedgehog, trying too hard and failing to be cool and mature through violence and amorality.
>>
File: dark v edgy.png (325KB, 526x381px) Image search: [Google]
dark v edgy.png
325KB, 526x381px
>>33286008
Kingdom Come is dark, Batman v Superman is edgy.
>>
>tfw you will never write a lemon that works as well in your canon as ee4ee

I'm trying, but I'm pretty sure it's all just coming off as tasteless
>>
>>33286008
In my opinion, it's a matter of maturity.
Does the evil seem contrived purely for shock value?
Are normally good characters forced into doing evil with a lackluster explanation or for absolutely no reason?
Is Poké Wars still edgy, even if it is well written?
>>
>>33286008
memes. that is the only difference. one of those terms caries a stigma here on 5chong, but it's simply labels applied to good writing versus poor writing or a mature mind versus an immature one as previous posts have alluded to.
>>
>>33286170
This is a phenomenal example.

>>33286193
Write people in an established relationship or use a lemon to posit a question, produce an issue, or generate a motivation.
>>
File: 1491915647145.jpg (94KB, 672x530px) Image search: [Google]
1491915647145.jpg
94KB, 672x530px
>>33286335
>This is a phenomenal example.
>>
It's my first time on one of these threads and I have to say, it's really funny how I'm learning more about writing here than I ever did in English class.

I've never wrote a fanfic in my life, but I'm incredibly tempted to now. I'm tossing up the idea of a slightly darker Sinnoh journey that heavily involves a more twisted Team Galactic and a lot of propaganda.

Should I? Or has this type of thing already been done to death?
>>
File: Pokemon_3929d3_6329751.jpg (111KB, 900x771px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_3929d3_6329751.jpg
111KB, 900x771px
>>33286770
Do what you wanna do, if someone else has already made it, then what you make is just your interpretation. So in a sense its OC no matter what my man
>>
File: 018 - 4w4FNpL.jpg (83KB, 1043x1043px) Image search: [Google]
018 - 4w4FNpL.jpg
83KB, 1043x1043px
>>33286770
do it
>>
File: 59238853_p10.jpg (313KB, 1178x1023px) Image search: [Google]
59238853_p10.jpg
313KB, 1178x1023px
>>33286335
You always talk about established relationships but I'm still in the stage of virginity where I think they're gay and boring (in writing at least).

I'm gonna try to write a smut that addresses a bit of wild pokemon social structure (varied by species and family) and perception of humans (albeit colored by mental illness). That probably sounds pretentious and nonsensical so I'll just say the lewd tags are rape, torture, and murder.
>>
>>33286770
even if it's been done, odds are 99% of the existing works are shit. Make your not shit, for your sake and mine.
>>
>>33287046
Sounds like the use of use of explicit content to posit a question/produce an issue then. Sounds good mate, now you just gotta make sure you do it justice. Especially with tags that heavy. Handle those things with care mate.
>>
>>33285735
>Oh boy updating fics on a sunday, the equivalent of 4 am.
If that's how you feel about it, why do it at those times? You can update whenever you want to.
Not that it helps me any, but I always update at-will because I write stories to completion before posting any of it, can't you hold one chapter till you can catch the right tide? Besides, prime-time is probably overrated: At a slow time, you're at the top of the New Shit list for longer. During the rush, everybody else is posting on top of you and all the readers are already engrossed in the latest episode of Mary Sue Does Something Sexual that updated a half-hour before you did and they'll be drained of motivation to read before closing its tab.

>>33287046
>I'm still in the stage of virginity
Immaturity.
>where I think they're gay and boring
They are. But after life's Fucking Season comes and goes, that's the most anyone can aspire to as a moment of distracting relief from the burdens that they acquired during that time, such as cold sores, alimony payments, and offspring with an insufferable sense of entitlement.
>>
>>33287165
I was making a clever little yoke but ok thanks blog
>>
File: 1500538312614.jpg (259KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
1500538312614.jpg
259KB, 650x920px
>>33286805
>>33286821
>>33287052
Okay! I'll give it a shot, but since this is the first time I'm writing fiction in a while It's gonna be fairly rusty.
>>
File: awholesomereligion.jpg (13KB, 326x134px) Image search: [Google]
awholesomereligion.jpg
13KB, 326x134px
>>33287177
Once you start there's no comming back, your ass is going to need a motherfuckin intervention to get off this stuff.
Writing is a drug man
>>
>>33257629
BUENOS DIAS LOPPUNY
>>
File: florgass_0.png (124KB, 720x976px) Image search: [Google]
florgass_0.png
124KB, 720x976px
>>
>>33287185
The best kind.
>>
File: A huge, thicc book.jpg (199KB, 1166x1764px) Image search: [Google]
A huge, thicc book.jpg
199KB, 1166x1764px
Just started reading Pic Related. Hopefully it can help improve my prose and dialogue skills. Oh, and expect Chapter Five of FC within four days. Putting on final touches, as it were.
>>
>start reading a massive story
>read first 2 chapters late at night
>like it so far
>go to sleep
>it has been 4 days since then and I keep procrastinating
>every single time I plan to get back to it, I decide to work on something else that could otherwise wait and can't bring myself to just open the tab again and get back to the story
help
>>
File: 63947458_p39.jpg (191KB, 1310x1172px) Image search: [Google]
63947458_p39.jpg
191KB, 1310x1172px
>>33290297
This
Everytime I want to do something, I feel guilty for not doing something more productive, or enjoying myself while life's not going great
So then I put off doing what I really want to do and do something more "throwaway"
But that's wasting time too and I still haven't done what I really wanted to
I want peace from this nightmare
>>
>>33290297
>>33290372
Just do it™
>>
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9625205/1/Cute-Charm

NSFW
>>
File: 1431641413419.jpg (16KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
1431641413419.jpg
16KB, 455x455px
>when you're writing fiction and you realize the obscure little detail you had to include way back makes perfect sense
Not trying to sound like a douche. I notice when a story has a mind of its own and is at times writing itself even if it means I'm auto-piloting that bitch.
>>
>>33291046
Happens at lot; both in fiction and non-fiction. I wrote a piece of non-fiction once, and at the end, as I was finishing it up (epilogue, etc.), something big happened with one of the story's subjects in the news. Turns out, some minor biographical detail I had written way back in the prologue, years before, had come around full circle.

Felt like fate was on my side to get a good ending.
>>
>>33291046
>>33291128
Nah it's not douchey, pretty sure everyone winds up with this happening. Someone's name gains new meaning via some fridge logic that would only be realized years later, parts of a character's extremely-detailed backstory that serves mostly no purpose in the story suddenly become pivotal to that character's arc, two characters who previously had no interaction end up fitting together as partners/enemies/foils juuust right, etc. Feels good mang.
>>
>>33291046
Even when you don't mean it, loose ends will likely tie themselves up because you will forget something important but the future event that its meant to precede is still on your mind. So, you still write it and then you remember you wrote something minor about this, way back in chapter 4.
>>
File: 1430973052051.png (106KB, 487x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430973052051.png
106KB, 487x720px
Ever since I read this fic (chapter 10 to be specific) : https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7974078/10/Carry-On-Blissey I've been intrigued by the idea of "Poképhilia" told from the perspective of the pokémon itself, and how he/she/it is affected physically and psychologically by this trauma. Obviously it would have to be painted in a rather negative light (like sexual abuse irl), but considering how popular fanworks of human x pokémon are, would a fic like this be considered bait?
>>
>>33292763
Bait how?

Are you considering writing this just to get a certain reaction from people, or do you want to tell a story?
>>
>>33293125
Anon's afraid of being targeted with microaggressions when pokephiles are inevitably shamed and triggered by the planned portrayal.
>>
>>33293641
I think pokephiles may get triggered by the portrayal of any relationship of the sort as abusive and damaging, when pokemon are shown to be sentient creatures capable of making their own choices and as such equating any relationship to emotional damage is an unfair generalization. tldr, you're totally baiting an audience if you write it like that
>>
>>33290297
Holy shit I think I started doing this once and then forgot completely that I was reading something

Now I'll never even know
>>
>>33292763
I really tried to get through that fic some months back but it was way too poorly written and outright pretentious. Was there something there that captured you, or were you just skimming out of boredom?
>>
>>33293708
Since you feel certain that you will capture the attention of a particular audience, why don't you consider and choose a message that you want to communicate to that audience?
>>
>>33293708
>>33292763
But even a relationship between two humans can be abusive and damaging, depending on how the humans interact. Possibly it's a story about a trainer manipulating one of their pokemon, who have to "consent" because of the power dynamic or through straight up threats.

I think he should write it, it could have an interesting perspective. Damn anybody who would get triggered, they're just pokephiles anyway. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, I suppose.
>>
>>33294530
The only reason to really be bothered by it is if it's poorly written. Handling things like abuse, rape, coercion, etc. requires finesse, and given how often all three of those mentioned topics are used as shorthand for "bad thing happen duh" without any sort of proper attention, build up or care, the author should be wary that taking such a project on will demand they be vigilant.
>>
>>33290297
>I did this with metro at first
>>
don't die, blessed thread
>>
>>33290297
Send the author a review of the first two chapters.
If you get a response, you'll be committed to comment on the rest.
>>
File: 1499509124864.png (417KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1499509124864.png
417KB, 800x450px
https://pastebin.com/cPGukVEJ

Made this earlier this summer in preparation for a scrafty fic that is still in development hell holy shit. I basically actively read a wikipedia article and a page for lizard ownership and determined some behavior and characteristics that I'd be attributing to scrafty in my 'verse. Theys real niggas and like bitches in bling
>>
File: 1493602892991.jpg (143KB, 1440x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1493602892991.jpg
143KB, 1440x1415px
>>33297097
While I enjoy receiving a review as much as the next person, and respond offering thanks in kind for helping to improve my writing, all that's impossible when there's no reviewers. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. Or haven't earned anything worth recognition. These incessant thoughts become hurdles unless I stubbornly continue.
>>
>>33298349
>all that's impossible when there's no reviewers
In suggesting that >>33290297 review those two chapters, in addition to increasing >297's investment in and toward completing reading the story, it addresses that no-feedback problem for the author.

>when there's no reviewers.
There's always at least one: Yourself. But,
>Maybe I'm not trying hard enough.
And
>Or haven't earned anything worth recognition. (Whatever that sentence is supposed to mean.)
aren't self-review because they are self-doubt. Which is why they prove to be hurdles.

Instead, consider what is different about your writing compared to others' successful stories, and adapt.
>>
>>33286193
I hope its successor is as well-received as this setup.

I've been knocked down by some medical issues but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.
>>
NSFW: https://archiveofourown.org/works/11815281
2nd person greentext. Reader/wild Gardevoir/Furisode Girl cosplaying as Gardevoir oral sex.
>>
>>33300980
One of your fics in the catalogue leads to a dead paste. Do you have plans to replace it? I may have asked the exact same question in the last thread, but I don't recall.
>>
>>33299009
Thanks for the advice. When I reread what I've written, I don't see the flaws as a different perspective might. That's the struggle.

If a successful story garnishes hundreds of favorites and followers by a concoction of one part mary sue, three parts overdone trope, and two parts uninteresting shipping, I humbly refuse to write it. May as well be damned to mediocrity.
>>
>>33302567
>I don't see the flaws as a different perspective might.
It may be important to bear a distinction between "flaws" and differences in taste.
For example:
>If a successful story garnishes hundreds of favorites and followers by a concoction of one part mary sue, three parts overdone trope, and two parts uninteresting shipping, I humbly refuse to write it.
This is a matter of taste, and of pride in taking a particular stance on the issue of fan-fiction as art instead of fulfillment. For those with a different stance, your lack of shipping and avoidance of tropes could be two of the flaws.

>May as well be damned to mediocrity.
May as well stop looking at reviews/recognition as a metric, because mediocre or not, deliberately avoiding the activities that are rewarded with numerous responses invalidates those as a measure of relative mediocre-ness. You must find an alternative estimator, or be satisfied doing without one.

<blog>A moment ago I finished a review/edit pass of the 56k over eight chapters that I've put into my next fic. I really hope the moments that I think may be charming prove to be so, because I'm not sure this has anything else going for it.</blog>
>>
>>33302420
It is replaced, in my AO3, in Standalones. Anything that used to be on my pastebin can now be found there. I haven't been able to get ahold of someone who could scrub them from the catalogue is all. Once that happens, I'll re-add them with proper links.
>>
>>33302942
hop in the IRC, friendo, it'll get taken care of
>>
>>33302942

ee4ee I have my irc client open pretty much all the time, so if you have a problem with the catalog you can leave me a message and I'll respond as soon as I see it. also I went ahead and got rid of all the broken pastebin links- since they all link to the same AO3 story now I just went ahead and created a single entry for Standalones that covers all of your oneshots
>>
>>33303693
what he said
>>
>>33303703
>>33303693
>>33303579
Ah, thank you! I had asked in the IRC a couple tims before, but that must have been before this expansion of powers to you all.

I might someday add them all individually, since they're supposed to be separate stories, but this at least addresses the dead link issue. Thank you again.
>>
File: buizel_by_ouroporos-d4nlzxi.jpg (144KB, 700x559px) Image search: [Google]
buizel_by_ouroporos-d4nlzxi.jpg
144KB, 700x559px
Here's Chapter 2 of Barred Hearts, drunk best friends edition.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12598452/2/Barred-Hearts
>>
File: FUCK.gif (2MB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.gif
2MB, 400x265px
>Finished writing smut
>now have to come up with a name for it.
>>
>>33307437
Take it easy. You're selling the content tags, not the title.
>>
File: 1417316025058.png (196KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1417316025058.png
196KB, 400x600px
>>
>>33309033
?
>>
>>33307632
Yeah but i still want a title that's better than "Unnamed"
>>
>>33309573
whats the subject matter?
>>
>>33309573
"Unnamed smut," then.
>>
>>33307437
>Not utilizing the most intellectual names such as IT'S HIP TO FUCK BEES and Man Who Fuck Jellyfish

This is so easy you don't even know.
>>
File: 1491255189706.jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1491255189706.jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>33309666

>cge being funny
>What bizzaro world did I wa-
>666
>oh

Satan please. You have better things to do than make shitposts on 4chan.
>>
>>33267939
W a n t
>>
>>33311493
yeah, like writing more bestiality
>tfw waiting endlessly in the hopes that cge will choose your favs for his future fics and do them justice
>>
>>33311493
>Satan please. You have better things to do
Watch the news; what's left to be done? It's time to lean back, crack open a bear, and enjoy the carnage. Shitposting is making use of the commercial breaks.

>>33311601
>>tfw waiting endlessly in the hopes that cge will choose your favs for his future fics and do them justice
>waiting endlessly
Yesterday was a mountain of paperwork day, but thanks to completion of my last edit pass (blogged here: >>33302660
) if I get some spare sit-down time, maybe I'll get another chapter of O/C drafted today, which should reduce the endless wait for my next disappointing, favs-absent issue.
>do them justice
Have I ever managed to?

>future fics
The ride never ends.
>>
File: 1499787674301.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499787674301.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>33312380
>Watch the news; what's left to be done? It's time to lean back, crack open a bear, and enjoy the carnage. Shitposting is making use of the commercial breaks.

Yeah mate, true that. Political correctness gone absolutely batshit beyond and back twice over and nukes inbound any moment.

Wouldn't even be remotely surprised if Yellowstone commits Sudoku and the Lord himself returns.
>>
File: lavos.png (12KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
lavos.png
12KB, 256x144px
>>33312443
>Political correctness gone absolutely batshit beyond and back twice over and nukes inbound any moment.
In a last ditch effort to stave off the demise of their nation, they united and voted for Donald Trump in barely sufficient numbers…
>Wouldn't even be remotely surprised if Yellowstone commits Sudoku and the Lord himself returns.
>>[lavos emerges]
…but the future refused to change.
>>
>>33312380
>Have I ever managed to?
Most of what you've written has, but you like to recycle mons. I'm just bitching about something that isn't a problem at this point, but it's what I've noticed. Electric sheep, spicy chickens, and the abra family show up quite often, don't they?
>>
>>33312380
>>33312443
>Oh noes, the sky is falling!
>All this wishful thinking about the world about to end suitable for /pol/
M8s, I guarantee we're still going to be shitposting here for a long time. The world isn't going to end any time soon. But pass me a bear anyway because I'm writing about poke ursine.
>>
>>33314483
>bear
>ursine
Do you want an ursaring?
>>
File: modest.jpg (37KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
modest.jpg
37KB, 360x360px
>>33314292
>you like to recycle mons.
Pic related: There's a fine for improper disposal if you don't sort them from your other garbage.

>spicy chickens
Lydia was my pick because I wanted a fit between ocean and jungle elements, Fire being the third corner. Also it has a strong contrast between a bestial middle and anthropic final form, anthropic enough that a naive torchic-line mon would see Magnus as a monster that's shaped like a blaziken.
LL's central cast were the executive producer's prerogative, so that's coincidence.
Priscila, as QK-85's mother, must be of that line, and Nara let QK-85 see (with KJ-19) his future forms. There's more to her, clues come with her next appearance in O/C Chapter 8.

>Electric sheep
C/E Chapter 1 is a near transcription of a lucid dream, and it was the era of HGSS, so it has the Gen IV Johto vibe. Then I wrote Waterlogged, and included mareep line because Electric fit with the other portrayed types and wool supports further civilized habitation.
LL's central cast were the executive producer's prerogative, so that's coincidence.
And now in O/C, I'm intentionally revisiting Johto first and mareep made sense come Route 32, so, baa, baa, bolt sheep, have you any wool? Yes, Sir, Yes, Sir, three amps full.

>abra family
Naturally famous for teleport, it fit for Kit, and I picked it for Roscoe because I wanted the old/wise look for an old, wise mon.

That said: Lo, there are a few hitherto neglected species making appearances in O/C. But also I've wanted to establish that some species are popular over others according to how suited they are to domestication, so don't expect granny to sit in a rocker petting her lap slugma just to check off a pokedex sighting for my readers.
>>
>>33314704
>don't expect granny to sit in a rocker petting her lap slugma
But that sounds so hilarious now I want it
>>
File: 1501754118282.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501754118282.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>33314494
Yes. Ursaring Major to be precise. Fits well with the ongoing celestial theme of my story.
>>
File: 1287720653332.jpg (265KB, 800x840px) Image search: [Google]
1287720653332.jpg
265KB, 800x840px
>>33314292
>you like to recycle mons

Is that a bad thing?

I have no fewer than 3 separate Volcarona appearing between TDT and VoD.
>>
>>33312380
>maybe I'll get another chapter (started) today
Wrote 2400 words, nearly all narration, gym battle. Either it's glorious or my story sudoku'd and hasn't slumped to the ground yet.

Now I have to do all the stuff I needed to be doing during that time.
>>
File: fY4aJp0.jpg (60KB, 499x480px) Image search: [Google]
fY4aJp0.jpg
60KB, 499x480px
>tfw I've bailed partway through the last 5 fanfics I've tried to read
All I want is an interesting story where the characters aren't OOC. All the ones I've read in the past month that checked those boxes were unfinished and abandoned.

It's not fair.
>>
Any Mystery Dungeon fics that don't involve romance (or at least don't focus much on it) that you'd recommend? I tried reading Silver Resistance and Broken Ideals, but they didn't do much for me.
>>
>>33312443
what do you think the eclipse is for, my child?
>>
>>33318266
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10483318/1/Pok%C3%A9mon-Mystery-Dungeon-Power-Trip
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11225832/1/Pok%C3%A9mon-Mystery-Dungeon-Rebirth
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8988873/1/Aquifer-A-Prophet-s-Guide-to-Dungeoneering
>>
>>33318589
Cassini's deorbiting is just a cover up for the 2nd sun my dudes.
>>
Any good, non-edgy, non-OOC Ashime fics? I tried this >>33244208, but it lost me 2 chapter in.
>>
I'm sleepy af and i need some blog help.
Are there any moves that freeze a pokemon, but not with ice? I'm talking like dispacement in time or just slowing them to a halt in general.
>>
>>33319235
I mean you could feasibly assign that function to a super ethereal move like Roar of Time, but I don't imagine you're writing a story about Dialga going on a magical adventure with its trainer.
>>
>>33262253
>g dark types. Are they really evil? Or just a misunderstood force of nature? Why do mischievous fairies get a pass while your average dark type is shunned for being the bad guy? Anyway it got me thinking (never a good thing), about how to incorporate this into my writing and the answer is to further build the world so that it may perhaps sustain a variety of theories on the subject in addition to the subjectivity of characters.

Then you are but a soft skin milk sop.

I browse through such wretched abysses all the time and come out none worse for wear. The trick is to filter through such trite and hone a filter of which is unrivaled to truly find the golden gems amongst the great crap piles of FF.net and AO3.
>>
>>33319395
Uh huh, who are you replying to with that quote?
>>
>>33319395
>>33274615

>>33319419
whoops, wrong quote
>>
File: 134123123423.jpg (72KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
134123123423.jpg
72KB, 601x600px
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.