[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based Supes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: Screenshot_20170808-114202.png (325KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170808-114202.png
325KB, 720x1280px
Based Supes
>>
stop memeing on Joe
he did nuffin wrong
>>
>>33238838
T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>33238838
>Serebii is dead. Bury it.
>>
i want pineapple pig to be real now
>>
>>33238838
Drag ha! Joe is over.
>>
Friendly reminder that this was before Mallow was revealed and there was nothing to suggest that this leak was real at the time. The smart money was on fake.
>>
>>33238838
no es fake!!
>>
Joe officially BTFO by superior journalist Clark Kent.
>>
>>33238889
>there was nothing to suggest that this leak was real at the time

There was nothing to suggest it was fake either.
>>
>>33238889
People wouldn't have made a big deal about it if he didn't confidently say "Of course they're fake" as if it was fact, he played himself
>>
>>33238838
I honestly don't get you autists' mentality on these kinds of things. The starter leak had zero credibility whatsoever prior to Mallow's reveal, so how were anyone wrong in dismissing them as fake? Yeah, in hindsight it turned out to be real, but at the fucking time there was nothing to prove it as such. Leaks without any proof or credibility turn out to be fake in 99.99% of the cases for crying out loud. You're all just throwing mud at each other just for the sake of throwing mud at each other.
>>
>>33238889
>>33238917
t. Joe
>>
>>33238917
t. Joe
>>
>>33238838
Two things:
One, you people should seriously stop obsessing over one person. Seriously, it's creepy.
Two, Joe should seriously learn the word "probably" and not throw in "fake" or "real" with confidence.

That said, I don't think it's real either, but whatever.
>>
>>33238917
>The starter leak had zero credibility whatsoever

Japanese was 100% correct and unlike every other single "leak" the art and concepts actually look official.

There was no proof it was real but there was absolutely no reason to automatically assume it was fake.
>>
>>33238917
Dismissing them as fake is not wrong. What's wrong is doing it with 100% certainty.
>>
File: Bullet seed.png (310KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bullet seed.png
310KB, 500x1000px
>>33238889

Yeh, at least before that, it was justifiable to call it a dubious leak. It wasn't until all the other minor details started piling in shit started to look more credible. It got to a point where you'd look silly if you kept being in denial.

People are still retarded to think that just because one leak turned out real, all leaks should be considered. Never did we expected anything from Sun and Moon to leak that early (five months prior), it was a whole new record, thanks to the whole Chinese translation team and China in particular being difficult to handle regarding actual leaks of anything.

Is it retarded to think that we may have been subjected at one point to USUM leaks much before SM ever released except we weren't aware of USUM being a actual thing? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>33238990
All real looking leaks should be considered. The one in that tweet with the Piloswine is obviously fake because the art is trash. But mindlessly going "durr not proven real = must be fake" is the sign of a brainlet.
>>
>>33238917
Fuck off Joe
>>
>>33239033
The art and designs on the starter leak was trash too. That's what happens when shill artists like HB sell their designs to jewtendo. :)
>>
>>33239033
Hyping up all "leaks" just because there isn't anything proving them wrong yet is just as stupid though.
The best option is to ignore them until there is actually any reason to believe them. But this board is filled with gullible reactionaries that will make a big deal out of anything.
>>
>>33238910
that's not how it works, you don't prove negatives. all ""leaks'" are fake until proven real
>>
>>33238990
B-but my epic Joe BTFO XD memes!
>>
>>33239060
>Hyping up all "leaks" just because there isn't anything proving them wrong yet is just as stupid though.

That's not what I said. What I said is that you shouldn't be automatically assuming they're fake.

>>33239064
>you don't prove negatives

Sure you can.
e.g.
"This is fake"
"No, it's not fake, because it came from this official source."

There is no "100% fake until proven real." This is a flawed line of thinking. It's in limbo until proven real. It can't be fake if it is in fact real.
>>
>>33239100
That's not proving a negative, it's not even proving anything. You're disproving something, not proving it.
Yes, if a leak is real it's not actually fake like the starter one. However, you should still assume it's fake until evidence comes up that supports it. For example, everyone thought the starter leak was fake as shit and was forgotten until the reveal of Mallow.
>>
>all the joe dicksuckers in this thread with the 'it's fake until proven real' mentality & think realness is a quantum state
>>
>>33239153
>You're disproving something, not proving it.

No, I'm proving its real by showing the source to the official site. I can also prove something is dake my showing a source to a fan artist. It works both ways.

>However, you should still assume it's fake
No, you really shouldn't unless there's actual evidence proving it's fake.
>>
>>33239195
>No, I'm proving its real by showing the source to the official site. I can also prove something is dake my showing a source to a fan artist. It works both ways.
then you're proving a positive, not a negative. proving a negative would be like "prove to me there isn't a teacup floating in space right now" or "prove to me that this leak is fake"

>No, you really shouldn't unless there's actual evidence proving it's fake.
why would you not assume a leak is fake until proven real? most leaks are fakes made by some anon in their bedroom, usually taking art from deviantart and adding a blurry filter to it. your mentality leads to people hyping themselves up for fake leaks constantly because "it MIGHT be real" and "prove to me its fake :^)"
>>
>>33239185
>implying this is joe dicksucking
joe was an idiot for thinking it was fake long after it became apparent that they were real, not because he was skeptical of the leak at first.
>>
>>33239230
>prove to me that this leak is fake
I already told you I can prove a leak is fake by giving a fan artist source.

>why would you not assume a leak is fake until proven real?
Because I'm not a retard who thinks everything either MUST be known real or MUST be known fake. There is allowed to be an inbetween state until there is actual evidence either way. Assuming everything is fake is just as retarded as assuming everything is real.

>most leaks are fakes made by some anon in their bedroom
And most leaks you can tell are fakes just by using your eyes and seeing that the artwork doesn't look official. This didn't apply to the gen 7 starter leaks because the art does look official.

>>33239185
The funniest thing is not even Joe follows the "DURR IS FAKE UNTIL ABSOLUTELY PROVEN REAL" logic because otherwise he wouldn't have posted the unconfirmed gen 5 starter leaks on his site. So no matter what stance you take Joe has been wrong at some point.

>>33239245
"Of course it's fake" isn't the same as skepticism. That's outright believing it isn't real when there is no actual evidence to back up his line of thinking that it was fake.
>>
>>33238889
This. He was technically right about them being fake at the time since there was no evidence.
>>
>>33239307
>He was technically right about them being fake at the time

No he wasn't. There was no point in time where the leaks were fake.
>>
>>33239321
There was a point in time when you couldn't tell if they were real or fake.
>>
>>33239336
Then he was wrong in calling them "certainly fake".
>>
>>33239343
Incorrect. They were fakes because leaks without evidence are fake. Therefore, he was right when he called them fake because there was no evidence.
>>
>>33238917
That's not true.
99,50% of the leaks that originate on 4chan turn out to be true..
>>
>>33239355
>They were fakes because leaks without evidence are fake.

They were still real even before they were proven real though. So saying they were fake is wrong.
>>
>>33239286
>I already told you I can prove a leak is fake by giving a fan artist source.
not all leaks are from fan art, and in some cases the "leakers" pull their own art for the leak, making it impossible to look up the artist. need I reminder you of Ballio.

>Because I'm not a retard who thinks everything either MUST be known real or MUST be known fake. There is allowed to be an inbetween state until there is actual evidence either way. Assuming everything is fake is just as retarded as assuming everything is real.
I'm not saying everything must be known in order to determine the validity of a leak. you haven't given me an actual reason why I shouldn't assume everything is fake until proven otherwise, all you've done is call me retarded for doing so.

>And most leaks you can tell are fakes just by using your eyes and seeing that the artwork doesn't look official. This didn't apply to the gen 7 starter leaks because the art does look official.
you mean you assume they're fake unless there's something that proves they are real. what a concept. also it did apply to the gen 7 starters, as the quality of the reference sheet wasn't that great. everyone thought it was fake until mallow was released

>"Of course it's fake" isn't the same as skepticism. That's outright believing it isn't real when there is no actual evidence to back up his line of thinking that it was fake.

so if someone gave him some shitty text leak from 4chan and he said "Of course it's fake" you'd also call him a retard, right? since there's no actual evidence to back up his line of thinking that it was fake.
>>
>>33239355
>leaks without evidence are
POSSIBLY fake. To be certain that they are fake is just as foolish as being certain that they are real.

>he was right
As far as assuming they are fake, sure. The "certainly" part is where he's wrong.
>>
File: 766Passimian.png (744KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
766Passimian.png
744KB, 1280x1280px
>T-the leaker is wrong!
>It's not a lemur because [semantics about taxonomy]
>>
>>33239403
>need I reminder you of Ballio.
Anyone who had any sense of what official art looks like should've been able to tell immediately that Ballio was fake.

>you haven't given me an actual reason why I shouldn't assume everything is fake until proven otherwise
Because it may not actually be a fake. I don't know about you but I'd rather not assume things that flat out aren't true.

>you mean you assume they're fake
No. I KNOW they're fake because the artwork is wrong.

>everyone thought it was fake until mallow was released
Not true. There were threads with legitimate arguments about it being real before then because of the artwork, Japanese, and Popplio's concept matching with what was revealed at E3.

>so if someone gave him some shitty text leak from 4chan and he said "Of course it's fake" you'd also call him a retard, right?
Not unless there was a reason within the text to assume it's fake. And there usually is.
>>
>>33239355
How much did he pay you?
>>
>>33239456
>Anyone who had any sense of what official art looks like should've been able to tell immediately that Ballio was fake.
that's literally what people were saying about the real leaks before Mallow. also apparently not since it got a lot of traction as a leak, but I guess you can't understand that with your hindsight blinding you

>Because it may not actually be a fake. I don't know about you but I'd rather not assume things that flat out aren't true.
I can do this magical thing called "changing my opinion" when evidence surfaces that support a leak being real. what a fucking concept

>No. I KNOW they're fake because the artwork is wrong.
again, people were saying this about the real leaks themselves

>Not true. There were threads with legitimate arguments about it being real before then because of the artwork, Japanese, and Popplio's concept matching with what was revealed at E3.
people thought the artwork was shoddy, mainly because of balloon fingers and shitty anatomy on the own. anyone can toss random Japanese onto an image, and Poppolio's concept matching is pure speculation that can be applied to literally every fake Poppolio starter.

>Not unless there was a reason within the text to assume it's fake. And there usually is.
but there would be no actual evidence to back up his line of thinking that it was fake like you said :v)

joe's problem wasn't that he called them obviously fake at first. sure its as asshole way of saying it, but that alone isnt enough. its the fact that he kept acting like an ass about the leaks and stuck to them being fake long after it became clear they were real
>>
>>33239403
>Making it impossible to look up the artist. need I reminder you of Ballio

Honest question, yes, the artist did indeed come out as D.I and the presumed artist did had its own thread, but asides from that and assuming the artist was the real deal, was there even anything else found out about him? Asides from that one thread and some concept (?) drawings and a rather shady email that most likely got dropped afterwards, it was presumably impossible to find him out due to his "background" as a freelance sort of artist working in some place, thus having to "avoid conflict" and him only having given its abbreviated name as a clue (which was odd back then, why even tell that out if it was impossible to find out the meaning of its abbreviation in the first place) which some people foolishly presumed to be Design Intern abbreviated.
>>
>>33239633
>joe's problem wasn't that he called them obviously fake at first. sure its as asshole way of saying it, but that alone isnt enough. its the fact that he kept acting like an ass about the leaks and stuck to them being fake long after it became clear they were real
What the hell are you on about? As soon as it was clear they were legit he apologised.
>>
>>33238838
I know it's petty
>>
>>33239733
I distinctly remember him only doing that after all the Pokemon were leaked and 100% in the game, not during the time Mallow was revealed.
>>
>>33238838
Joe;s reputation would be much better off if he didn't bother replying to these kind of tweets lol
>>
>>33239759
Then you have selective memory. It wasn't hard to check
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/760126149477408768
>Yes, the starter evo concept art appear to be real, but they are also cease & desist bait so there's no way in hell I'm putting them up

>10:52 AM - 1 Aug 2016

Same morning Mallow was revealed
>>
>>33239774
>>33239774
You know he's right though, right?

That shit is fake. It doesn't have furigana over the kanji which is a dead giveaway.
>>
>>33239777
rekt
>>
>>33239796
Hush, anon. No logic allowed.
>>
>>33239403
Just ignore the faggot. Jesus christ, it's obvious he's meming you.
>>
>>33239777
well shit, never mind then. why ARE people mad at Joe then
>>
>>33239828
Nobody except literal retards are mad at him.
>>
>>33239633
>that's literally what people were saying about the real leaks before Mallow.

If they were retarded maybe.

>muh hindsight
I never thought they were fake and I started assuming they were real after E3.

>I can do this magical thing called "changing my opinion" when evidence surfaces that support a leak being real. what a fucking concept

opinion has nothing to do with whether or not a leak is factually real or not.

>again, people were saying this about the real leaks themselves
retards

>mainly because of balloon fingers and shitty anatomy on the own
That's not shoddy artwork. That's just people being butthurt and not liking the design.

>anyone can toss random Japanese onto an image
Apparently not considering how many leaks get basic Japanese wrong.

>but there would be no actual evidence to back up his line of thinking that it was fake like you said
There usually is evidence showing that it's fake though. Like something that is blatantly wrong that the "leaker" didn't pay attention to.

>>33239812
Serebii was objectively 100% wrong. This isn't a meme. It's a fact.
>>
>>33239862
>I never thought they were fake
That alone makes you retarded.
>>
>>33239862
>Serebii was objectively 100%
right.
He called out leaks on being fake when they didn't have evidence. When leaks don't have evidence, they're fake. That's 100% objective. Deal with it literal retard.
>>
>>33239862
>muh retards
its easy to say this when you have the hindsight of how the leaks played out. you believing in the leaks has nothing to do with this so I don't know why you're bringing it up

>That's not shoddy artwork. That's just people being butthurt and not liking the design.
it could absolutely be shoddy artwork from someone attempting to imitate the artstyle.

>opinion has nothing to do with whether or not a leak is factually real or not.
no, but it does have everything to do with your belief of the leak, which is what we're talking about. I don't give a fuck if I end up being wrong about things on my first impressions of a leak, and I don't see why you should either.

>There usually is evidence showing that it's fake though. Like something that is blatantly wrong that the "leaker" didn't pay attention to.
and sometimes there isn't evidence showing that. Hell sometimes the "leaker" ends up getting something right by accident.

>Serebii was objectively 100% wrong. This isn't a meme. It's a fact.
so? he changed his stance when evidence came out that supported them.
>>
I believed in all leaks that ended up being right from day 1. Everyone that didn't are retarded.
I knew all leaks that turned out to be fake were fake from day 1. Everyone that didn't were retarded.

You can literally not disprove any of those claims.
>>
>>33239949
>When leaks don't have evidence, they're
Neither fake nor real. That's why people assume.
>>
>>33240011
I don't know, I think if leaks don't have any evidence then you default to not trusting them
You can change your mind later, no big deal, but a leak is either fake or not and there isn't a real "limbo" it can belong in
and I'm fine with assuming things are fake until we have reason to believe otherwise
>>
>>33240011
Wrong. We and the community at large operate with a "Fake until proven otherwise" law. The starter leaks are no exception. They were fake until proven otherwise.
>>
>>33240011
and people tend to assume that its fake until proven otherwise. unless you're retarded
>>
>>33240035
Not trusting them != "Of course they're fake"

>and there isn't a real "limbo" it can belong in
Of course there is.

>>33240043
>They were fake until proven otherwise.

But they were always real. They don't magically suddenly become real once people start believing in it. They're either real or not, and they happened to be real.

>>33240054
Assuming everything is fake when there's no evidence for it being fake is retarded.
>>
>>33239974
>its easy to say this when you have the hindsight of how the leaks played out

Not really. Since day 1 I was arguing the leaks had legitimate looking art. It's not my problem if people have a terrible artistic sense.

>it could absolutely be shoddy artwork from someone attempting to imitate the artstyle.
Clearly it wasn't.

>no, but it does have everything to do with your belief of the leak
Your "belief" on the leak shouldn't have bearing on telling someone else whether it's real or fake as if it's a fact.

>and sometimes there isn't evidence showing that.
Most of the time there is.

>so?
So he was wrong. Yet Serebiifags keep pretending otherwise.
>>
>>33241266
>Since day 1 I was arguing the leaks had legitimate looking art.
Of course you were, Anonymous person.
I was too. In fact, I called everyone that even considered thinking of them as fake retards because they were so obviously real.
>>
reminder: realness isn't a quantum state
>>
>>33239185
What did you expect from the
>it's only 5 dollar
club?
>>
File: starters[1].png (196KB, 522x392px) Image search: [Google]
starters[1].png
196KB, 522x392px
HAHA JOE WAS WRONG

HE POSTED LEAKS THAT WERE FAKE WHEN HE POSTED THEM SINCE THERE WAS NO PROOF THEY WERE REAL
>>
>>33242168
t. Joe
>>
>>33238937
This, basically.

Unlike most leaks that appear, this was a 50/50 off the bat at worst.

I personally was leaning more towards real just because the style fit. No fake leaker has gotten that dead on yet, there's always a tell which these didn't have. Mallow appearing later was just the icing on the veracity cake.
>>
>>33239756
, but it really irritates me how nobody ever goes to Bulbagarden for breaking pokémon news. It’s always Serebii or PokéJungle or PokéBeach, but never Bulbagarden, even though all of those other sites, in some way, try to mimic Bulbagarden or Bulbapedia’s style of delivering information. We break the exact same news at the exact same time from the exact same sources, yet even on our own Facebook page we get people telling other commenters to “go to Serebii for confirmation” when it takes us 0.02358734 seconds longer to post something because people are incapable of typing at twice the speed of light, and that’s not counting the time we actually take to confirm that what we’re saying is complete and accurate to the best of our knowledge and ability. No fan site has any authority to confirm anything, and no site is any more or less credible than any other. If Serebii or PJ or WPM couldn’t update their sites for some reason, the news would still break. Bulbagarden does have a Facebook page, a Twitter account, another Twitter account dedicated to breaking news, and even a Tumblr page, all of which you should totally be following, and at least has the advantage of having multiple moderators for all of its social media sites across many time zones, but no one ever seems to believe anything until Serebii posts about it, and that just makes me sad.
>>
>>33238889
Chinese leak described this images perfectly.

Only denial cucks waited until Mallow.
>>
>>33243339
Does anyone have screenshots of Bulbabpedia announcing that Mega Pidgeot was Flying/Electric and Mega Beedrill was Bug/Dragon? It was plastered all over /vp/ when it happened.
>>
Does anyone have screenshots of Serebii announcing that Yveltal was Dragon/Dark? It was plastered all over /vp/ when it happened.
>>
>>33242168
>Tsutarja
>Pokabu
>Mijumaru

God these names are awful. How did anyone thought these were acceptable fan names? Even things like Smugleaf were better that these, jeez.
>>
File: 45-y18067.png (4KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
45-y18067.png
4KB, 320x288px
>>33243705
>>
>>33239774
this right here, Serebii was much better when we knew next to nothing about the man behind it
>>
File: download (18).jpg (9KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
download (18).jpg
9KB, 189x266px
>>33238838
>more grass/ground shit
>>
File: fall_by_bluc-dbjeb78.png (185KB, 600x335px) Image search: [Google]
fall_by_bluc-dbjeb78.png
185KB, 600x335px
>>33238857
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.