[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does gamefreak keep disapointing us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1501983881053.png (35KB, 398x453px) Image search: [Google]
1501983881053.png
35KB, 398x453px
Why does gamefreak keep disapointing us?
>>
File: 1491163184843.png (27KB, 300x142px) Image search: [Google]
1491163184843.png
27KB, 300x142px
>>33238577
>us
>>
First of all
>us

Second of all, because we're not the target audience in the slightest.
>>
Because you keep having expectations for them.
>>
>>33238577

I'm reserving disappointment for when the game actually comes out, so I can be salty without a chance of getting BTFO'd
>>
File: tilXFRh.jpg (22KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
tilXFRh.jpg
22KB, 384x384px
>>33238577
They're not, you're just an autistic man child.
>>
>>33238589
And you're a dumb anime poster
>>
File: 140.jpg (97KB, 853x476px) Image search: [Google]
140.jpg
97KB, 853x476px
Because pokemon like Lucario and Greninja make money.

Gamefreak doesn't care about making a balanced game, they care about making the next Lucario/Greninja who'll start a new wave of selling merchandise. Dusk form is their current attempt at that, but it's going worse than fucking Zoroark if I have to be the judge of anything, but that's why they had the backup new form for Mimikyu in the wings too.

They WANT a new shillmon every Generation, even if it means making the rest of the generation useless. That's the real reason Generation 7's standard Pokemon all have GOD AWFUL speed, in hopes that when Dusk Form and True Form Mimkiyu are revealed they can be "broken" just like Greninja was broken and become super popular.
>>
>>33238616
Couldn't they have seen that making the starters compeitivly viable wouldve done the job just fine?
>>
>>33238581
>>33238584
>>33238589
These anons have it all figured out.
>>
>>33238589
>projecting
>>
>>33238646
The issue with starters is that they've got two shillmon starters already in Charizard and Greninja. They're saving the third grass one they're really going to shill for later. Having more than one starter of each type be a shillmon will only cause overlap and might reduce sales.

That's why Lycanroc was chosen, because they don't have a Rock type shillmon yet. Mimikyu was chosen because it's gimmick plays off the flagship shillmon Pikachu without hurting the sales of Pikachu merch
>>
>>33238616
ONDUL
>>
>us
If you don't like it, leave. Faggot.
>>
>>33238707
>namefag calling anyone else a faggot
PFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>33238707
›calls himself sazzale. calls someone else a faggot. the irony
>>
>>33238707
Look I don't hate pokemon. I just dont like this direction they are taking it. Having 1 pokemon be the center of attention every gen is getting stupid. And it's so obvious its just to sell toys instead of having any other reason.
>>
>>33238733
>himself
Lol ok Anon. Enjoy being a miserable Faggot.
>>
>>33238736
They're marketing towards children. It's been this way since gen 1 with Pikachu and Charizard.
>>
>>33238766
At least pikachu and charizard had appearances on game covers. They got popular without the need to shill.
>>
Every fucking time.
>>
>>33238616
Shillmons should be based on design, not power
>>
>>33238736
Exactly, and just tossing away all the other Pokémon is just idiotic.
>>
>>33238805
Soon gamefreak will focus on making the select special snowflake every gen. And dwindle down the amount of new pokemon.
>>
>>33238836

No. That won't happen at all.
>>
>>33239427
It's already been happening. With less pokemon every generation. And rehashed old ones being thrown in.
>>
>>33238793
The thing is the way to make kids like Pokemon is for Pokemon to make them feel strong in the modern era.

Pikachu gets a new gimmick almost every generation to try and make kids feel like it's strong, while Charizard was given 2 Mega Evolutions to BE strong finally
>>
>>33240524
All that Alolan Vulpix/Mimikyu/Rockruff merchandise being sold has nothing to do with power
>>
>>33240762
Selling Merchandise at all =/= Being a shillmon

None of those 3 will ever win the BEST POKEMON EVER poll like Greninja or Arceus because they aren't strong enough.
>>
>>33238577
Because you keep expecting something good from them after gen 5. Every oldfag here knows bw2 is the last good game.
>>
>>33241920
NO
I'M A FUCKING BABY WHO HATED GEN 5! GEN 3 WAS BEST GEN! HOW DARE YOU INSULT A GEN THAT REMADE THE BEST GAME EVER AND THE GEN THAT CAME AFTER
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.