[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did TPC think pokken was a good idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

It doesn't appeal to many in Pokemon fandom
>>
Damn shame too. I love it.
>>
Doesn't appeal to fighting game fans either, it's too weird and "complex" while at the same time not having any real competitive depth. It's the weirdest thing.
I'm both a Pokemon and a FG fan and somehow it still missed the mark for me.
>>
>>33235955
Should have mastered 2d or 3d instead it failed at both. Weird game
>>
>>33235955
a lot of this.

If every pokemon was a playable character, I could totally seeing people get into it. Unfortunately that would be such massive effort for such a small payout that it would be impossible
>>
>>33235955
Same
>>
t. "muh favorite deserved to be in"

Spoilers: Pokken is a better game because your favorite is not in
>>
>>33235997
Why do people say this and think that's the reason the game sucks

You pay 59.99 for Wii u your allowed have an opinion. Lack of pokemon is only 1 of many problems
>>
>>33236031
what are it's other problems?
>>
File: 1377872472951.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1377872472951.png
57KB, 184x184px
>>33236031
>Why do people say this and think that's the reason the game sucks

Because they're assblasted karenfags who try to mask their butthurt sour grapes by going "B-BUT IT SUCKS ANYWAY I DIDN'T WANT MUH BRO IN IT ANYWAY QQ"

For a "bad" game on a failure of a console it still BTFO fucking Street Fighter and maintained a healthy scene long after the little support Namco gave it ended. As recently as the beginning of the year you could still find a match quickly after searching, casual and skilled players both.

The fact that certain elements of the FGC think it's "not real" means little in the light of the fact that Smash eats their favorite game's lunch.
>>
>>33236067
characters are tremendously unbalanced, has grind elements it shouldn't have at all, poor quantity of unlockables and the soundtrack doesnt feature memorable songs from the series even though its a "cover" game (i.e. mystery dungeon are their own thing, but this is a literal tekken reskin)

just to name a few
>>
>>33235933
>hate game
>make thread about it every day

Really causes one to ponder...
>>
>>33236090
That is mostly because Street Fighter V had EXTREMELY bad reception over all sorts of things from mechanics to character designs/choices, being seen as rushed and low-effort compared to rival games, etc. Like hasn't sold a third of predicted units. Since Pokken also coasts on brand recognition, makes it not exactly a great thing to achieve.
>>
>>33236090
Couldn't even get into evo or evo Japan instead arms got in

Just because pokken getting tens of tens of people in a tournament doesn't mean it's not a dead game

Pokken had lots of lots hype before release. Fighting game with Pokemon ton of people wanted this then when people actually played the game they realized it's not good.

That's the reality
>>
>>33236129
why is having an opinion seen as a bad thing?
>>
(http://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-ceo-talks-pokemon-shuffle-pokken-tournament-pokemon-super-mystery-dungeon-future/).

> "Pokken Tournament came about from a desire to see more realistic Pokemon movements."

And quite frankly I don't mind, because the 3DS RPGs are still pretty stiff and visually limited. Pokken is what I always imagined Battles would look like.
>>
Because the only competition that exists in the pokemon universe is the turn-based battling

thats what the games are about

thats what the anime is about

thats what the premise is about

a real-time fighting game breaks that rule. if you want competition in the pokemon universe, you have to play a battle simulator like Showdown.
>>
>>33236142
The reality of pokken you get the Pokemon to fence and you do combos and that's it. If people find that fun then cool but it's not what mainline Pokemon games should ever be like

I would love to realistic looking Pokemon in mystery dungeon or mainline games
>>
>>33236142
Pokemon RPG swich will blow this out of the water tho.

I hope Gamefreak implement a turn base action oriented battles that would be a game changer.

Pokemon actually move..moves actually can miss because we control the pokemon as well. It's not just up to RNG for a move to miss.

They need a radical change.

I hope they do it.
>>
>>33236161
Right, REAL pokemon is using the legendaries/pseudo-legendaries that get introduced with each gen like the Genies, the Tapus, Magearna, Marshadow, and Ultra Beasts and stomp the shit out of mirror matches or anyone who tries to use any pokemon team that doesn't have them in it

Maybe if you're lucky, you can squeeze in a mega-evolution like Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Gardevoir that is likewise wayyyyyyy better than every other pokemon but isn't good enough to hang with Rayquaza and the other ubers, so you beat up on everyone else trying to not use the overpowered mons.

what fun!

pokemon should have died after gen 5.
>>
>>33236165
Mainline Pokemon games will be turn-based, menu RPG's until the end of time.
>>
The story mode of pokken is so garbage the only fun is if you play 100-200 hours practice then play online

Locally it's garbage you need lan cable. Casuals don't give shit about that
>>
File: 1499198509163.png (3MB, 1500x1213px) Image search: [Google]
1499198509163.png
3MB, 1500x1213px
>>33236165
I think moves need height
for example earthquake being a height 1 or less move that only hits height 1 mons, thunder being a height 5 move that hits everything but negative height mons (negative height being obtainable through moves like dig or dive)
etc etc
>>
>>33236141
I never said anything about having an opinion. I just think it's unhealthy to make the same thread to make the same replies and ignore the same posts with valid refutation every day.
>>
>>33236161
the reality of mainline pokemon is tapping the super-effective move, maybe hoping rng smiles on you and that's it
>>
>>33236165
This is a horrible idea
>>
>>33236208
all people say is Git good or people who dislike like the game are bara fags and mad the owl is in the games. the reasoning to jusiftying is absolute shit
>>
>>33235933
People say this game is similar to the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games, so that's why.
>>
I've never played it but I want it. I've been thinking a pokemon fighting game would be cool for a while, I might get a switch.
>>
>>33235933
Probably experimental purposes and to show people how much thought actually goes into a Pokemon's concept or design.

Also Pokemon only (officially) had a fighting presence in Smash before that point and waiting 4-5 years for the next one is too much a wait.
>>
>>33236536
Weĺl this game died quicker and smash and melee are still alive and well

If they made a figher like smash would have been better
>>
>>33236542
Just because there's a low tournament presence doesn't mean the game is dead. Pokken's online is lively considering how many people are willing to say the Wii U was a scam now.
>>
>>33236542
Always seemed to me like the large character allowance and four special attacks style would make a Pokemon themed Smash Bros game an easy sell. I assume it would do well even if it was just a reskin, let alone if they put any thought into it.
>>
>>33236120
>mystery dungeon are their own thing, but this is a literal tekken reskin
you are either retarded or have never played the game but probably both
>>
>>33236589
Exactly i never understood. i wish it was a tekken re skin though. tekken is actually a good game but pokken is like what the above user said similar gameplay to naurto fighting game. which is ass
>>
>>33235955
>>33235977
>>33235992
> while at the same time not having any real competitive depth.

That's fucking wrong though you faggot, it's got all the same core mechanics, gameplay systems, and fundamentals as other competitive fighting games and has no less depth then them.

The reason the FGC just doesn't care about it because they, like you, assume it's casualshit

>>33236485
It's absolutely nothing like the Naruto games, or Tekken for that matter. It's closest to traditional 2d fighters like SF.

>>33236542
>>33236138
It's not dead though

>doesn't mean it's not a dead game
Yes, it litterally does, what the fuck dictates if a game is dead other then how active the online matchmaking and tournament scene is?
>>
>>33237209
why are pokken fans so inscure and passive aggressive absolute their dead game. hot damn. When the game flops we shall see your reactions
>>
>>33236120
>tremendously unbalance
As long as you learn the moveset and combos there really wasn't much of an issue playing against any other character except braixen fireblast spammers
>>
>>33236577

It wouldn't have a large character roster because it takes fighting games years and multiple games to build up a large roster.
>>
>>33235977
>If every pokemon was a playable character

This wouldn't just be a massive effort, it's downright impossible for a fighting game. This isn't a turn-based RPG, this a fighting game where every character has a unique moveset and animations.
>>
>>33235933

>People wanted a Pokemon fighting game for years
>They finally got it

Kill yourself Pokebarneyfag
>>
Well, people have different taste my Little brother enjoy more pokken than another Pkmn game
>>
>>33238669
no one wanted this kind of fighting game. its garbage. a fighting game like smash would be better. ›everyone except for a game with shit story mode and local player is garbage you need lan to play properly
>>
>>33235933
Pokken sold 1.31 million copies. Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>33238808
And?
>>
>>33238757
>no one wanted this kind of fighting game
Objectively false. It sold well and had a good scene. Just because it's too hard for you doesn't mean it's bad.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.