[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pray for Bulbapedia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 421532435.png (132KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
421532435.png
132KB, 400x400px
I never realized how hard it's to play without it until now. I'm breeding and trying to get egg moves info from other sites but their design isn't as comfortable and confuses me, please come back soon.
>>
>needing crutches to play Pokémon
Git gud.
>>
What happened to it?
>>
>>33234449
>Knowing every egg move from every Pokémon and the egg groups they're in
lol
>>
>>33234466
Pomf got arrested for possession of cp.
>>
>>33234466
Busted for illegal content.
>>
File: 1502098511336.png (86KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1502098511336.png
86KB, 400x320px
>>33234364
>Wanting to wade through bullshit on Bulbapedia
>When PokémonDatabase has all of the worthwhile information at the start of the page
You deserve it, faggot.
>>
>>33234498
>not knowing every egg move from every Pokémon and the egg groups they're in
I want the casuals to leave.
>>
>>33234511
Do you have a source for that by any chance? I can't find anything about the owner being busted for CP/Illegal content.
>>
>>33234466
503 errors everywhere, don't listen to what anyone else says.
>>
Guys, while I'm sure this isn't that, imagine if Bulbapedia got completely wiped out.

That's scary. It's the site with the best compiled info and it would aaaaaaalllll be gone. There are other good pokésites and Bulbapedia isn't perfect, but it would be a serious blow if we ever lost it.
>>
>>33234598
No, that's actually be a good thing. Bulbapedo's staff is absolute cancer and Bulbapedo suffers pretty bad because of that, but who's going to want to make a new site when they already exist and draw the kind of audience they do?
>>
>>33234608
What could it be called? Pikapedia sounds obvious, perhaps too much so.
>>
>>33234545
>>33234466
It looks like they tried to implement a mobile layout again and fucked up again.
>>
>>33234632
/vp/edia
>>
>Using bulbapedo instead of serebii or pokemondb
>>
>>33234364
It's back!!
>>
>>33235727
But apparently their search bar isn't working yet, search on Google and enter from there.
>>
>>33235727
Tragic.
>>
>>33235103
https://pokemondb.net/move/counter
>When hit by a Physical Attack, user strikes back with 2x power.

http://serebii.net/attackdex-sm/counter.shtml
>Battle Effect: A retaliation move that counters any physical attack, inflicting double the damage taken.
>Secondary Effect: If hit by a physical Attack, deals double the damage received.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Counter_(move)
>Generation I
>If the last amount of damage done before the use of Counter is greater than 0 and was dealt by a Normal-type or Fighting-type attack (except Counter), Counter will do twice as much damage to the opponent. Otherwise, Counter misses.
>Although Counter deals Fighting-type damage, it is not affected by type effectiveness (so it can affect Ghost-type Pokémon).
>Counter is a decreased priority move. If the opponent does not use a decreased priority move during the round that it is used, Counter will go last regardless of the user's or opponent's speed. If the opponent also uses a decreased priority move during the same round, the attack order of the users will be determined normally. If the user is put to sleep or is frozen during the round that Counter is (or attempts to be) used, Counter's decreased speed priority will not be reset. Subsequently, it will only be reset on the turn after the user wakes up or is defrosted, or if the user switches out.
>continues on for another 523 words detailing the exact mechanics of the move in every generation (and among different games in the same generation) and how it interacts with every other conceivable move and ability

Why would I use a site that summarizes complex mechanics in a single sentence (or in Serebii's case, the same sentence phrased two slightly different ways for reasons that could only be an acute case of autism)? The problem isn't the site, it's the idiots who run it.
>>
>>33235869
>Serebii's attackdex for SM should detail what moves do in games that aren't SM
Here's your (you)
>>
>>33235869
"Has priority -5" is not a complex game mechanic that needs 500 words of description on every move that has it, you retard.
>>
>>33234523
>remembering over 700+ egg moves on 800+ pokemon
Do you even know the egg moves for qwillfish, or stantler WITHOUT searching it up casual.
>>
>>33234531
kek they were obviously joking.
>>33234598
>implying this is a bad thing
>>
>>33234364
I have tendencies not to support pedophiles
>>
>>33235869
You call out Serebii's redundant system as autistic but you think the bulba one isn't?

>If the last amount of damage done
In generation one, the only possible damage could be attacks, this is needless specificity.

>greater than 0...Counter will do twice as much damage
It will still do twice as much damage. The move will say it failed, but that has no impact on anything.

Serebii also lists information like speed priority, it just doesn't feel the need to include how speed priority mechanics work on every move that has non 0 speed priority.

I like bulbapedia for information too, but let's not pretend they aren't all autists.
>>
still 503 errors for me
>>
Why does /vp/ hate Bulbapedia so much? Is it for a legit reason or is it just because /vp/'s a bunch of contrarians?
>>
>>33236019
fuck off pedo
>>
>>33236019
We don't hate bulbapedia per se, it's a nice webiste to find useful pokemon infomation, we hate the autistic pedo-staff.
>>
>>33236054
It's a pretty bad website filled with tons of errors that the autistic pedo-staff just changes back if you try fixing it, actually.
>>
>>33236054
>We
Speak for yourself cunt
>>
>>33234598
>There are other good pokésites and Bulbapedia isn't perfect, but it would be a serious blow if we ever lost it.
I'd be more worried about Serebii going than Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia is always slow to update new content.
>>
>>33235920
Don't know about them but I do... Why don't you, you fucking casual?

Actually, don't bother answering that. You're apparently using Qwilfish and Stantler so I really don't even want to know.
>>
>>33236176
nigga im replying to your post to you calling people casual acitng like people will remember every single egg move for every single pokemon that can breed. fucking cow
>>
>>33236192
Nigga, he's not the same guy. I'm >>33234523, not >>33236176. I guess you can't face the fact that multiple people think you're a fucking casual.
>>
>>33235103
Serebii is trash. The search system stinks and I need to go through multiple pages to get information about things.
>>
>>33235986
>In generation one, the only possible damage could be attacks, this is needless specificity.
Status damage isn't damage from an attack.

>It will still do twice as much damage.
No it won't. If this were the case I'd be dealing back 240 damage from a 120 damage Grass-type attack I took the previous move.
>>
>load bulbabedia for the first time in a year
>it dies right after

I wont do it again vp
>>
Bulbapedia roasted my mom's computer. No amount of adblockers could have prevented it.
>>
Serebii > every other website
>>
>>33235103
serebii is garbge for anything but news. his site looks like it walked straight out of a time machine, the layout is shite, there's no details about anything, you can't search for things and instead have to navigate multiple links to find things. serebii is really only good for news. bulbapedia is good for everything else but news.
>>
>>33234598
the german site is good enough for me.
>>
>>33236061
Such as?
>>
>>33237885
>4chan is garbge for anything but news. his site looks like it walked straight out of a time machine, the layout is shite, there's no details about anything, you can't search for things and instead have to navigate multiple links to find things. 4chan is really only good for news. reddit is good for everything else but news.
>>
File: search.png (63KB, 674x158px) Image search: [Google]
search.png
63KB, 674x158px
>>33237885
>you can't search for things

Yeah ok
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.