[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Create a new trainer class, /vp/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

Create a new trainer class, /vp/
>>
>>33234191

Pokémon Master
>>
>>33234191
That's just a hiker, faggot.
>>
>>33234191
/b/tard, it's a musty crusty fat guy with only the first stages of waifu mons like Ralts, Bounsweet, Feebas, Popplio, Gothita etc.
>>
Okay here's some
>Interior Decorator
>Lawyer
>Trekkie
>Ballerina
>Hipster
>Blogger
>>
>Furfag
There, a class for the majority of nu-/vp/
>>
>>33234191
CIA Agent
>>
>>33234302
I'll help out.

>Interior Decorator
Normal focus, lotta comfy mons. Cincinno is a must.

>Lawyer
Dark focused. Evil/deceitful more than supernatural. Honchkrow, Sableye, Mandibuzz, etc.

>Trekkie
Obviously steel or electric, similar lineup to scientist.

>Ballerina
Fairy and fighting mons. Gardevoir, Medicham, Gallade, Mawile, and the like. Cute and strong.

>Hipster
Grass comes to mind imo, not sure from where. Tropius, Carnivine, Bellossom, Rotom-Mow, I think.

>Blogger
Psychic mons, steel mons.

Here's a few of my own-

>Physicist
Exclusively steel mons, exceptions for Minior/Clefairy/Lunatone/Solrock (Astrophysics).

>Philosopher
Plato's Philosopher Kings. Dragons, Fairies, Ghosts, Psychics. Supernatural mons for a profession centered around ideas.

>Banker
Dark, and Steel. Exceptions for Persian and Sableye. Money making, the joke is dark types steal.

>Historian
Rock-History.
Dragon-Ancient Leaders.
Fairy-Ancient Myths.
Carbink, Druddigon, maybe a fossil or two, the works.
>>
>>33234191
>Street Performer
Niche mons with gimmicky move combos and ability-move combos

>Flight Attendant
Variety of birdmons. Evolution-wise and foreign or not.

>Commuter
Pokemon common in cities like pets or electric types.
>>
>>33234429
Im really digging the Historian class, that sounds really amazing when you think of their potential pool to draw from.

>>33234814
All 3 of these are fantastic and make so much sense.
>Street Performer should always include at least ONE Mr Mime (my favourite and makes sense)
>>
File: 1482941395559.png (273KB, 716x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482941395559.png
273KB, 716x720px
>>33234836
>Street Performer should always include at least a Mr Mime
No. I'm not letting your shit taste anywhere near my trainer classes.
>>
>>33234302
>hipster
Surprised to see this isn't a thing yet.
>>
>>33234191
Tryhard.
Uses only OU and stall.

Poketuber.
Gives no money after you win and his losing quote is about how he can't wait to show his followers, he found a cheater.

Strange man.
Only uses baby forms character icon is extremely sweaty.
>>
>>33234191
A toilet class
Only the most suitable
>>
>>33234191
Larper
>>
Do we have a movie maker or film director class?

Technician/mechanic

Poke dog walker

Conspiracy theorist

Weather reporter

Night noctowl: similar to policemen in GSC where they only fought you at night. They either arent around during the day or are too tired to fight/toy can find them inside homes or whatever
>>
Writers

They travel the world, trying to get inspiration. Their teams are based on the type of novels they write.

>Dark types are used when they write crime stories
>Ghosts are used by horror writers, or if the trainer is a ghostwriter
>Psychic types for sci-fi writers
>Fairy for fantasy writers
>Fire types for those who write steamy, passionate romance novels
>Normal types for people who churn out bland, generic garbage
>>
>Skater
Uses Steel, Dark and Dragon types.

>Commuter
Uses popular Pokemon

>Hipster
Uses uncommon or "forgettable" Pokemon.

>PokeMart Employee
Uses medic Pokemon, Voltorb and Amoongus lines.

>Hitchhiker/Bum
Uses Poison, Dark, and Ghost types.

>Gamer
Uses Smogon starts and Smogon mons.
>>
>>33235002
Make Hipster use single stage mons
Make Gamer use mixed teams with competitive items because no one knows what Smogon is
>>
>postal worker
>Team consists of pelipper, delibird, probably a normal type too. Also a random dog like Pokemon
>>
>>33234361
There were at least two fursuits in S/M so sure why not.
>>
I like lawyer and hipster, although the name would have to be changed because a majority of the fan base is self-loathing hipsters. Maybe Trendsetter? Trendy Trainer? Give the "men" goatees and the femmes a Chelsea cut. Thick rimmed glasses. Tucked in flannel and shitty tattoos.

>>33234814
Cute

>>33234191
My idea is Zealot, a devout trainer class that relies on the will of the Almighty for success. obviously evolution would be frowned upon
>>
Shut-in, in-door only.
>>
>Plumber
combination of Water, Poison, Ground and Steel types - primarily Water. Mons use a number of gimmicky water-related abilities and moves such as Soak and Storm Drain.

>>33234987
kind of involved for a character type that typically gets all of three lines, don't you think? Sounds better for a special trainer above the norm like the maison/kimono girls or something.
>>
File: swag.jpg (15KB, 168x157px) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
15KB, 168x157px
>>33234864
I retract my statement. Your class sucks.
No one disrespects Mr Mime,
>>
>Firefighter
uses Water-types predominantly, could also have Rock and Ground types or even Pokemon with Heatproof
>>
>>33234191
As OP, I'll post some of mine:
>Adventurer
Female counterpart to the Hiker.
>Battle Reporter
From the TCG, basically like the interviewer/reporter class, but always pops up around battle facilities, gyms, and other places where's there's a bunch of Pokemon battles. Uses Normal-type and Steel-type Pokemon, has a defensive strategy. Sometimes doesn't battle, but will always ask you questions. Carries their Pokemon in Timer Balls.
>Historian
Basically the Ruin Maniac, but a bit more common, and can be found in places like libraries, or out in the field. Uses Ground and Rock types, or ancient manmade Pokemon like Golurk. They carry their Pokemon in standard Pokeballs.
>Mentor
Functionally veterans, but look a lot older. Uses anything, found near end-game locations, but also can be a trainer class found as a miniboss in the early game.
>Route Ace
A trainer class for the Ace Trainers who use Z-moves and only challenge you if you've defeated every trainer in the route first.
>Traveling Salesman
Also from the TCG, they're always looking to sell someone something. All of their Pokemon carry Amulet Coins or Luck Incenses. They like to use Pokemon that help them travel, those that represent wealth, and common animals. Those that have more success in their ventures have Luxury Balls. Will always ask you to buy their wares, before or after a battle.

>>33235154
Firefighter's already a trainer class.
>>
hunter
>dog and wildlife pokemon like tauros, sawbuck and girafarig
>>
>>33235331
The Battle Reporter seems like the reporter that would be in double battles in Sinnoh.
>>
Hip-Hop/Hoodrat to contrast the Rockers.
>>
>>33235331
>>33235370
Reminds me of the two who follow you around in ORAS, the female reporter and the camera guy, always asking you for a word and a battle.
Camera guy always had an Exploud or the middle stage.
>>
Bussy slayer
Uses Poison types.
Pokemon always know Toxic.
>>
>>33234974
This could be great.
>>
>>33234191
>Thrill seeker
Will be found in places like amusement parks and mountaintops. Will use high risk tactics like low-accuracy moves or moves with recoil.

>Intern
A weaker form of Office Worker and Teacher, who boasts the same variety of pokemon as them, but is even weaker and ideal for the beginning of the game to spice up the variety a little.

>Bodyguard
A type of trainer encountered in urban areas. Will sometimes fight alongside a lady or rich boy for a double battle. Generally uses big, intimidating pokemon. Female bodyguard exist and use more intellectual pokemon, referencing how bodyguards will often take precautions or use indirect methods to circumvent danger from their client.

>Fallen star
An easier kind of veteran who provides a little more challenge midway through the game. Has the same variety, but uses pokemon that have lost their luster over the years, like Exeggutor.

>Meteorologist
Uses weather-based strategies. Found in areas with unusual/constant weather.

>Quiz Whiz
Like Blaine's gym, will quiz you upon being noticed. Answer right and you get an item. Answer wrong and they see if you focused on brawn instead of brains. Uses moves like Me First and Snatch that make the opponent think and/or predict.

>Recluse
Lives in hard to reach places like deep in ice areas or desert areas. Uses rare pokemon or pokemon that prefer to remain hidden.

>Gourmand
Uses pokemon who usually all hold berries or some item the pokemon eats or involve eating in some way. Can sometimes be fought with Chefs for a double battle.

>Author
Found in places like cities, but also seeking inspiration elsewhere. They use pokemon that create things, such as terrain, mud/water sport, trick room, etc.
>>
>Vagrant
Uses pests or annoying pokemon. Raticate line, Durants, Beedrill, Gloom, etc.

>Gardener/Landscaper
Grass and Ground types

Idea for doubles battle: Bratty kid + parent making a fuss at the grocery store/library

>Cranky old man
Tells you to stop skateboarding on the sidewalk even when you have no skateboard. Uses mostly gen 1 and 2 with outdated strategies that might not even work, like spamming Amnesia or Gyarados with special water attacks, or Tauros with Hyper Beam.
>>
>>33234191
hikiNEET
>>
>>33234227
Pokémon Master Satoshi Tajiri wants to battle!
>>
>>33234191
University Student. Cause you know, demographics, growing up with the seroes and all that shit
>>
>>33234429
Lawyer trainer and Banker class usually comes with a Drowzee or Hypno.

For Trekkie, why not just bring back Super Nerd?
>>
>>33235876
If "bodyguards will often take precautions or use indirect methods to circumvent danger from their client," why do only the female bodyguards do this. Why would male bodyguards not also try to outwit their opponents to keep their clients safe, or female bodyguards not try to intimidate possible threats into submission. Just make it uniform, one way or the other.
>>
>>33234191
>Sensei
Basically 'upgraded' black belts who have become masters of martial arts and learned to use more than just fighting types. Namely Fighting, fire (fires which drive a martial artist), dragon (duh), steel (weapon work), dark (learning to accept your inner darkness and even use it but not fall to it), and psychic (representing enlightenment)

I wasn't sure 'karate/martial arts master' would fit.

>>33234987
I like this idea of a trainer class with sub-classes.

>>33234974
So, Steel (for medieval weapons), Psychic (for magic), and... Fairy? (For imagination and make-believe)
>>
>Ghost Hunter
Found in typical haunting dungeons, but takes a scientific rather than occult approach to finding spirits. Uses Ghost and Electric types together (Rotom could serve as the Slimer role). Could be seen as a male counterpart to Hex Maniac (Double Battle team could be called "Paranormal Investigators").

>Trucker
Found on long, isolated routes and bridges. Uses a mix of bulky physical Pokemon (to help with cargo) and those with sound-based attacks (for radio communication).
>>
>>33235966
Gardener's already a Trainer class.
>>
>Pizza Delivery Boy
Primarily Fire types, but also uses speedy runners like Doduo/Dodrio
>>
>>33234429
>all lawyers are evil and deceitful
You need to be 18 to browse this board.
>>
>Smogonite

They would use the same copypasted teams and look down on people who don't follow their arbitrary rules.
>>
>>33236908
>Genwunner

Talks about the good old days and how much training pokemon sucks now. Has a habit of using pokemon only in the Kanto dex.
>>
>>33236908
Wally's ORAS rematch team
>>33236921
Red and Green
>>
>>33234191
Stylist

Uses fashionable pokemon like Furfrou.
>>
>>33234361
Isn't that the Pokemaniac class?
>>
>>33235876
Bodyguard is a very good one. I like your ideas overall anon!
>>
File: pokemon conspiracy.png (347KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon conspiracy.png
347KB, 1000x1600px
>Soldier
No specific type specialty, usually has a team that balances itself out somewhat

>Recreational Trainer
Mostly grass types, but also other pokemon that can have some sort of intoxicating or mind-altering effect, such as Munna.

>Conspiracy theorist
Rarely shows up, usually relies on pokémon that aren't what they seem, like Zoroark, Wobbuffet and Shedinja. Never has Alakazam (see pic)

>Urban Explorer
Mostly Steel or Normal types, but sometimes dark

>Garage Inventor
Steel and Electric. Also uses a few held-items most others don't. Can't be stolen

>>33234253
I like it, and yet i don't...
>>
>>33235153
>Hey, i like this pokemon, you have to use it, all the time
>you don't wanna? well then you suck
>>
>>33234987
>Writer complains about having trouble being creative on first battle, all his Pokemon have moves like Block/Torment/Spite/Amnesia, wonders why he's stuck in a rut when he loses
>Upon rematch, he says he changed his team and it helped his creative juices, all the previous status moves he had are replaced
>>
File: 14-kd8u9h[1].jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
14-kd8u9h[1].jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>33236298
To fit in with the whole bouncer image people associate with bodyguards first and foremost. Bodyguards using indirect methods isn't something a kid would think of or understand the reference to, and it's not quite common knowledge in general, either. Unless the female bodyguards look like the bodybuilders from Colosseum and XD, people would probably think "She's a bodyguard? That's a terrible idea. I could probably beat her up." If the flavor text for encountering one can sufficiently explain the reference, then sure, it doesn't really matter. Plus, Bodyguards using both big, intimidating pokemon and smart pokemon on the same team could be a little too good, like the Brains and Brawn double battle class in one person.
>>
Hooker - Uses waifumon

Weed Dealer - uses grass type
>>
> Pkmn Trainer Mewtwo

Mewtwo shows off his superiority by being uncatchable, and attempting to beat you at your own game.
>>
>>33234361
>nu-/vp/
more like just /vp/
>>
Best ones ITT?
>>
Party King Thomas wants to battle!
Got that idea while vacationing in Palma de Malloca. A jolly and mostly drunk or drugged tourist who loves to party with his friends while shirtless and never seen without beverage. Usually near beaches and he uses Fire, Water, Normal and Fighting-Types.
>>
>>33236908
Clover uses the class "Smogoon"
>>
File: 1466635434526.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466635434526.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
Nurse class maybe?

You an rarely encounter them and they are using such Pokemon as Audino, Chansey, maybe even Blissey etc. You gain a lot of exp from battling them (for obvious reasons) and always heals your Pokemon after battle. There can be also a chance of receiving a healing item after battle.
>>
>>33234302
I want a ballerina so bad
>>
File: trainer-battle-nurse.jpg (44KB, 640x192px) Image search: [Google]
trainer-battle-nurse.jpg
44KB, 640x192px
>>33241858
Hmm.. This already exists and they work precisely the way you described, bar the healing items.
>>
>>33242235
Well, I forget about them tbqh. I barely played Gen 5. Thanks for reminding me though.
>>
File: sherpa.jpg (53KB, 465x349px) Image search: [Google]
sherpa.jpg
53KB, 465x349px
>>33234191
sherpa class. mainly rock and ice types with support battle style
>>
>>33235331
Why is Iron Man holding a mic to my face?
>>
>>33236921
finally a class for me
>>
>>33234191
Youtuber
>only uses 6 IV pokemon
>1 to 6 random pokemon from uber or OU
>only uses smogon certified movesets
>uses them wrong
>calls you a hacker if you have a shiny pokemon
>"admit you cheated otherwise i'll send my 200k subscribers to dox you faggot"
>>
>Veterinarian
Uses pet and exotic pet based Pokémon. Stoutland, Purugly, Chatot, Blaziken, Seaking, Salazzle, Farfetch'd, Raticate, etc.

>Maestro
Uses sound based and songbird Pokémon. Chatot, Exploud, Wigglytuff, Pidgey, Starly, etc.

>Falconer
Basically a Bird Keeper that only uses raptors. Staraptor, Pidgeot, Talonflame, Skarmory, Braviary, Decidueye, etc.

>Fishmonger
Uses seafood Pokemon. Basculin, Clamperl, Kingler, Crawdaunt, Octillery, etc.

>Zookeeper
Uses zoo animals. Zebstrika, Girafarig, Hippowdon, Dodrio, Toucannon, Slaking, Donphan, etc.
>>
File: 1491733475423.jpg (80KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1491733475423.jpg
80KB, 512x411px
>>33243071
>Zoo animals
Almost all animals can be considered zoo/aquarium animals though; you're suggesting more along the lines of a Safari Expert/Hunter/Guide
>>
>Verlisfy
>Can only have dog Pokemon with poor sets
>>
> Cat lady
Has unevolved or small cat Pokemon. Has 5-6 of them at once
>>
>>33235876
>Gourmand
We Ben 10 now bois
>>
>>33243037
>>"admit you cheated otherwise i'll send my 200k subscribers to dox you faggot"
i want to see a video where this happens, anyone got a link?
>>
>>33234422
always 1 ditto and moves focus on switching out and getting a sure hit (lock on, swift, etc.)
>>
tapu bumpu
>>
Oranguru as a trainer. Uses only humanoid pokemon.
>>
File: mcnuggies.jpg (27KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
mcnuggies.jpg
27KB, 409x409px
>poop-eater
has only gen 7
>>
Thrillseeker
>focuses on speed and attacks, and moves like take down
>uses dangerous Pokémon no sane person would
>Look like a cross between punks and cycilists, with ripped clothes and bandages on their faces
>are often found in caves, forests, and anywhere no person should be

What do you guys think?
>>
>>33245463
Sounds like the girl ones would be pretty cute.
>>
>>33242980
They should probably rename it to Porter class since Sherpa is an ethnicity than a job
>>
What's your favorite trainer class so far, /vp/?
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.