[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why GF don't launch more amiibos? What's the story behind it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: descarga (1).jpg (12KB, 434x116px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (1).jpg
12KB, 434x116px
Why GF don't launch more amiibos?
What's the story behind it
>>
>>33233506
>gamefreak has any control over amiibo production
This is what months of snarling hatred towards anything Pokemon does to you.
>>
>>33233521
This is why. TPCi cant control amiibo production so they are very finicky and who_gives_a_shit about them, this is why Sun and Moon had no amiibo integration despite being a Nintendo game in 2016
>>
>>33233506
For some reason, TPCi are really finicky about letting Ninty use Pokémon. This is shown how Pikachu and co. had no sounds in Mario Maker.
>>
>>33233506
Idk, Gamefreak is weird about the amiibo functionality as it is. They didn't even bother letting Nintendo use Pokemon audio in Super Mario Maker.
>>
>>33233506
Game Freak and Nintendo are like a separated couple. They used to love each other but now they avoid each other whenever possible: see the japanese Pokémon toys that work like Amiibos, but aren't Amiibos
>>
>>33233550
You'd think after 20 years of making games for Nintendo they'd consider themselves a part of Nintendo enough to be very lenient towards that.
>>
>>33233559
Have you actually SEEN the direction Nintendo has gone in the passed 20 years? I'd be finicky too.
>>
>>33233566
Gamefreak isn't exactly going in a good direction either if you look at the 3DS games, that's not a really good excuse.
>>
>>33233591
Bad moment to post it
After Pokemon Go they are now stronger than ever
>>
>>33233591
The Pokemon company is not gamefreak
>>
Why they don't Release TCG Card sets with Amiibo Chips, They did E-Reader sets in the past
>>
>>33233609
Game Freak AND The Pokemon Company. Game Freak's problem is they're trying to branch out from Pokemon but can't find any success simply because they're now cursed to be "lol the pokemon guys". That music game, the elephant game, horse jockey, and drill game, all flops
>>
>>33233602
GO has died down a lot and it still has a lot of issues with it. And that also kinda proves my point, they trust a company like Niantic enough to use their property even though they never had prior experience with them, but are still highly restrictive with letting Nintendo to use their property directly.
>>
File: 1481192139776.jpg (55KB, 832x467px) Image search: [Google]
1481192139776.jpg
55KB, 832x467px
GameFreak's arguably more protective of Pokemon than Nintendo is about Mario, and for very good reason.
They have a literal money-printer that'll shit out cash no matter what they do. Games? A million guaranteed. Movies? Very nice box office returns. Merchandise? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT'S PROFITABLE.
They don't trust anyone but themselves or TPC(i) to handle any serious mainline involvement with the series, and only consider experimenting in other genres via spinoffs.
In Amiibo's Case, they don't really see a point to make them useful and profitable. Mythical Pokemon? Movies in Japan already have that covered. Free Pokemon like starters? Nigga, you can just use the GTS for that. Free Items? Absolutely worthless and better off being used in Demos or Pre-Order Bonuses.
>>
>>33233614
The Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards showed that you could make a package and sell them reasonably cheap too. Honestly I was looking forward to a new eReader style thing. Maybe let you scan in your actual cards to the online TCG as well so you don't have to get lucky twice on opening packs/let you effectively buy singles for online decks you want to build.
>>
>>33233623
They hate nintendo
>>
>>33233550
>TPCi are really finicky about letting Ninty use Pokémon
TPCi are run by Ninty, Creatures, and GameFreak though, isn't it?
>>
>>33233625
>not releasing HA starters and such through amiibo
>>
>>33233870
>Not doing it through Amiibo Cards in the newest set of Pokemon TCG
>Not only having them on the ULTRA SECRET RARE version of the card number 4XXX/129
>Not reinvigorating the wrath of the people who do not weigh packs in the back of stores before they buy and keeping the children from ever getting their super awesome Protean Froakie or whatever the fuck is the newest crazy bullshit HA starter/Legend
>>
File: ninggf.png (106KB, 497x372px) Image search: [Google]
ninggf.png
106KB, 497x372px
>>33233506
Don't worry, with the new Switch games coming, get ready for:
>Unlock Charizard Z-Form with its new amiibo
>Unlock Mewtwo's special dungeon with its new amiibo
>Wanna get that mega stone/z-crystal? Just buy the pokémon amiibo!
I'm a Switchfag, but the truth is the truth.
>>
>>33233550
All of the later Mario Amiibo Pokemon did. It was the just the Smash ones that didn't.
>>
>>33233870
>>33234034
just inject lol
>>
File: 1502123675058.png (72KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1502123675058.png
72KB, 211x244px
>>33234046
>just inject
>implying we won't need new developers for hacking in gen 8
>ignoring that the Switch hasn't been hacked yet, and won't be for a LONG while
>>
>>33233591
The most selling Pokémon games of all time, you mean?
>>
>>33234200
You mean Red and Blue?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.