[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Ash's Unova pokemon team so poorly handled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: k5gAE.png (372KB, 629x343px) Image search: [Google]
k5gAE.png
372KB, 629x343px
No fully evolved starter, half of his pokemon went underused with barely any screentime like Palpitoad, and Krookodile was the only real powerhouse he had. Uzefant is the most boring bird pokemon Ash ever had, etc.

Scraggy was fun but as a baby pokemon it never evolved and they wasted its potential.

WTF were they thinking?
>>
>>33232233
I want to FUCK that otter
>>
>>33232233
Wait, he wanted to win with that?
>>
>>33232233

Scraggy also never mastered Focus Blast, it still missed 90% of the time
>>
I actually had hopes for Palpitoad. A pokemon that Ash caught on a whim because he was tough. No power of friendship bullshit, just something to wreck shit with. Except Palpitoad barely did anything. What a letdown.
>>
>>33232233
Why did Boldore stay in its middle form? It's ugly as fuck and not marketable. It not fully evolving is a travesty,.
>>
>>33232259
Focus Blast always misses 90% of the time
>>
>>33232233
The idea of Ash rotating Pokemon was a nice idea tackle, but the writers either couldn't handle that or just like in the games unless you grind a lot your team isn't gonna have a lot of evolved Pokemon.
>>
>>33232259
Just like in the games then
>>
>>33232274
Apparently they wanted to but Gigalith was pain in the ass to animate so they said fuck it, Boldore's not evolving.
>>
>>33232320
I wonder how they would have handled the trading.
>>
>>33232233

Krookodile was really the only real highlight here.

plus it was his first dark type pokemon he ever got.
>>
>>33232333
Anon, Scraggy is right there.
>>
>>33232320
Which makes no sense. Ash's Gigalith wouldn't get much screentime anyway, so they couldn't evolve it for the 2-3 eps of focus it would get?
>>
>>33232389
They had one Gigalith episode and boy was the animation on it was bad.
>>
>>33232496
I agree it was awkward but still a shame that's how Ash ended up not having another fully evolved Unova mon
>>
>>33232496
Gigalith is probably the only Pokémon that I liked less after seeing it in the anime.
>>
>>33232233
Because Best Wishes was a shit series that decided Ash needed to be FULL retard again
>>
>>33232259
Well at least there's SOME parallels to the games.
>>
I love the idea of having a rotating team. But this show can't even handle a 6 Pokemon team properly, let alone 10. Ash's Hoenn team was the only well-handled team.

The BW team suffers because they all get ome development (bar Palpitoad and Unfezant), but most of it isn't fully-realized. Unfezant was doomed from the beginning because the species have no moves or talents that make them stand out; the fact that it's a ditzy girl was the only thing that set it apart from the other birds, and they couldn't build on that.
>>
>>33232233
XY team was the same, too many fillermons
>>
File: 1499740963716.png (121KB, 338x395px) Image search: [Google]
1499740963716.png
121KB, 338x395px
>>33233034
XY depresses me. Ash had even less Pokemon to manage, and they still fucked it up, hard.

>Greninja was overexposed and overshadowed everyone else, including Pikachu
>Hawlucha was strong. Didn't get much attention, but had a good personality and some moments with Noivern
>Noivern was useless as a baby, and barely did anything even when it evolved. It won maybe one match?
>Goodra rushed through 2 evolutions and entire arc in a few episodes, just fought in one Gym battle, and was quickly dropped after 15 episodes of being on the main cast. When it comes back for the League, it only manages to tie in one fight, and lose in another
>Talonflame got a bit of focus, but was stillt he regional bird and barely got anything

And by the end of the saga, he only brings home three Pokemon, all Flying types.
>>
>>33232233
>10 pokemon
>only 3 are fully evolved

It's like the memes about Ash being a shit trainer who doesn't evolve his Pokemon made real.
>>
you could probably say the same for the BW anime in general; it was unfortunately one of the weaker generations in terms of the anime

Like, they had to bring Charizard back just to keep things somewhat interesting.
>>
At least he was catching Pokemon back then, not just wandering the majority of a region with a team of 4.
>>
>>33233301
Ash works better with a smaller team.
>>
>>33233301

Catching Pokemon doesn't mean much when there are too many to give them proper development and screentime; Palpitoad especially got shafted hard

XY still had problems with Greninja and Pikachu overshadowing every one else, but Sun/Moon has done a decent job balancing Pikachu/Rowlet/Rockruff/Litten so far
>>
File: 1368741720537.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1368741720537.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>33233277
>Bring Charizard Back
>Gets a massive Nerf
>Loses Seismic Toss
>Does Nothing for the rest of the season.
>>
>>33233384
yeah XY was the generation that Ash caught the least amount of Pokemon in. I guess they were really set on those Pokemon and nothing else.
>>33233399
yeah that too
>>
Will ash ever have a team that tops his sinnoh one?
>>
>>33232233
Palpitoad was caught because it was a meme in Japan.

So was Stunfisk.

I shit you not.
>>
>>33233470
I honestly doubt it. I think sinnoh will always be his best team
>>
File: a-sandshrew.png (194KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-sandshrew.png
194KB, 500x500px
>>33233384
i'm just waiting for ash new member
>>
>>33232240
Go to bed, Ron
>>
How come SM Ash hasn't caught a Pikipek yet?
>>
File: 1480021955894[1].webm (889KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480021955894[1].webm
889KB, 1280x720px
>>33234662

He did, though. It just looks like a Rowlet for some reason.
>>
>>33234671
>first regional bird I actually like
>gets cucked out of relevance in the anime by comedy relief owl
I hate it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.