[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Into the tall grass again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

Hi guys
The only pokemon game I've played is pokemon yellow when it came out, now after years I feel old and I want to play pokemon again and feel the true enjoyment I felt in the good old days, which version of pokemon do you suggest me to play? Which one is the best?
>>
Play Heartgold or Soulsilver. They let you go back to Kanto and you would be more familiar with the style of the games, they have following Pokemon like with Pikachu and they have sprites unlike the newer games which are not so good.
>>
>>33231954
Platinum. No items. Nuzlocke only.

Platinum is best.
>>
>>33232015
Second for what this anon said.
>>
>>33231954
id recommend black/white 2
very fun
>>
>>33232015
Which device are they made for?
>>
>>33232089
what is google
>>
>>33232102
What is love
>>
>>33232148
Baby dont hurt me
>>
>>33232164
Don't hurt me
>>
>>33232164
No more.
>>
Get x/y. Its a great introduction. 3d is better. Its for the 3ds
>>
>>33231954
On a serious note OP, if you do plan on getting HGSS, you should also pick up FireRed/LeafGreen or Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. HeartGold/SoulSilver have Pal Park functionality with these games and can bring Gen 3 games to Gen 4.
>>
>>33231954
Play Sun or Moon, either stick to the newer games or don't play at all. Old games are obsolete in many ways (missing Pokémon, missing moves, wrong movesets, wrong abilities, no competitive online mode, missing objects, etc, etc), no reason to play them anymore they will just consufe you,
>>
>>33232281
I don't think this is sound advice, dude. Some moves are strictly exclusive moves from earlier generations (like Softboiled Clefable and Defog Zapdos).

Not to mention, but Generation2 VC is coming around the corner and it brings in the possibility of a shiny HA Ho-oh, and even without that, there are plenty of Gen II exclusive moves that can be brought from VC to Gen 7.
>>
>>33231954
Okay fuck the rest. Here's what you should know.

Got a 3ds, can afford one, or got a monster computer that somehow can use that one 3ds emulator flawlessly? XY or Sun/Moon are good picks. I'd pick Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, but they're better for the people nostalgic about the GBA games.

No 3ds? No biggie, you've got choices.

>The last DS installments were Black/White and their sequels, Black 2/White 2. The former have no old Pokémon until you beat the league, so they're good for a change of pace. The latter have lots of old Pokémon, including early access to Elekid and Magby which evolve into Electabuzz and Magmar, however you need to play the first ones to understand the plot. These are from generation 5.
>Failing them, Heartgold/Soulsilver are the remakes of the second generation games, which in turn are the sequel of the first games, so if you want something familiar go with these. Only other game to have following Pokémon and not just Pikachu. Note that only 493 out of the current 802 Pokémon are available at this point, these are 4th generation games.
>Platinum is the 3rd version of Diamond and Pearl. Same generation as the games above, and you're not missing anything from DP. Huge map and an excellent array of Pokémon available.
>Emerald is the final 3rd generation game. Remake of Ruby/Sapphire with a lot of extra content. 4th gen was the first one to let moves be physical or special on their own and not based on their type, so Emerald still has the old "type determines physical/special" mechanic. Good game overall.
>Firered/Leafgreen are Red/Green remakes. Basically the same game you played in Yellow with updated graphics and no following Pika, with a new zone to explore. Same generation as Emerald.

There. Pick your poison. They're all great games despite what the fuckwads here tell you.
>>
>>33232089
They're for the Nintendo DS, but you can play them on a 3DS for the bigger screen and it's easier to purchase the 3DS these days anyways. Happy gaming!
>>
>>33232281

kys
>>
>>33234520
>Reddit spacing
Neck yourself m8
>>
Op here, I already have the 3ds, now I'll try the demo of sun/moon.
What are the differences between sun/moon and ultrasun/ultramoon?
Are they some kind of better version?
>>
>>33235131
Basically the yellow to red and blue but probably not as big changes, it's also not out yet.
>>
>>33235131
OP, if this is really you, you won't get a similar experience to your experience with Yellow playing Sun/Moon. It's completely different and you're gonna have a bad time. I'm assuming you'll find that out from the tutorial, though. When you realize that, remember to purchase and play either Heartgold or Soulsilver.
>>
>>33235193
Oh ok
>>
File: 1.png (47KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
47KB, 230x208px
>>33235193
>>33235270
Stop giving my games a bad name for no reason.
>>
>>33235270
>remember to purchase and play either Heartgold or Soulsilver.
What if he doesn't want to drop $150 on an old, outdated game?
>>
>>33235335
1, fuck off this meme is annoying.
2, it probably won't have as much as yellow which has all new sprites, reworked characters and story, all the starters and more. USUM isn't out yet so I'm not sure but it seems likely.
>>
>>33231954
Play Emerald (GBA) and Heartgold or Soul Silver (DS)
>>
>>33235381
It's only 50-60 without the Pokewalker, but you would know that wouldn't you?
>>
>>33235873
Oh okay, so if he buys an incomplete copy, it's only $10-$20 more than the newest games in the series.
>>
>>33235270
>and you're gonna have a bad time
Fuck off let OP enjoy things.
>>
>>33235427
This, no reason to not play the best games. Work the Google on the Internet machine.
>>
>>33235427
This x10
If you're hungry for more after that, play Platinum. Do not play Diamond or Pearl.
>>
>>33232148
>>33232164
>>33232175
>>33232180
holy reddit
>>
>>33235971
>Do not play Diamond or Pearl.
Good fucking god, I fired up Diamond the other day for shits and giggles, and I don't know how I got through it years ago.
That. Fucking. Pause. Between. Everything. In. Battles.
>>
>>33235427
Fucking this
>people recommending fucking SM to a gen1fag
OP just stick with gen 3, FRLG are the best Kanto games and Emerald is pretty great
>>
>>33236009
>saving a lot of data
>that surfing speed
>that battle speed
>those ugly textures for grass and land
>HMt. Coronet
>those awful snow routes
>TM diaper fog and its route
>that awful dex
>those ugly cities
Good think Platinum managed to unfuck some of the issues but Sinnoh still is a pile of shit
>>
>>33236032
OP don't listen to the fuckwads suggesting you to not play SM, but I do have to warn, it has a lot of cutscenes. But if you like stories then it shouldn't be too big of an issue, and the replacement for gyms are a nice change of pace.

Now, the only thing literally everyone agrees (and I'm not joking) is that Platinum is way, WAY better than Diamond and Pearl. Some deem DP unplayable, so yeah don't go for them.
>>
>>33236050
OP should first play something that feels familiar to him like FRLG them something from the GBA/DS era and them one of the more story oriented Pokémon games, its really fucking easy to drop them if you are not feeling invested into the story, which was never the strong part about Pokémon games
>>
>>33235919
The Pokewalker is not needed to enjoy the game. The only game he's played is Yellow. Stop being redditor shill for S/M.
>>
Op here, I started to play pokemon soulsilver, not bad by now. About pokemon sun/moon I'll wait for the ultra version to come out and maybe I'll find a used one
>>
>>33231954
Play x.

I was on the same boat as you. The only games I played were red and gold. Practically every year I would beat one or the other until I was about 21 and x released. Got it because it was a truly 3D Pokémon game but also because it had a lot of the classic Pokémon. Would definitely suggest it.

Haven't played any Pokémon since X but it has a ton of replay ability because it has some battle tower thing where you can have infinite super challenging battles against trainers
>>
>>33236241
>>33235403

>can't even write english properly
>pretending yellow's story and sprites are huge deals
>shilling this desperatedly

I see you're already preparing the next batch of b/8 you're going to throw daily when USUM comes out, shill-chan

It's like when you pretended oras and sm had no post-game and kept repeating it every day even after being proven wrong, except replace post-game with "changes" this time.

I do wish your company would stop with all the shilling/black hat astroturfing tho. It's bad enough when do it on politics shit, but kid's games? Why can't you find an ethical job, chink?
>>
>>33239260
except while ORAS has some postgame, SM actually has none. hopefully this will be changed in USUM
>>
>>33231954
You could try Sun and Moon, but the games are too piss-easy because of the EXP Share.

Also, don't touch Kalos at all. Kalos is cancer. At least Sun and Moon could make a half-decent story (still not the best IMO, Gen 5's was better). Instead, we just get emo redhead teamfag that wants to commit genocide because "muh beauty"
>>
Just want to chime in about BW1. They're kind of controversial, but if you wanted to experience something similar to how you felt playing the first games, they would be a good choice. They're a soft reboot of the series, and you'll see a lot of new mons that will remind you of old ones but are different. The story is also the best in the series, and if you liked it well enough, then you can pick up their sequels, which are considered by most to be if not the best in the series then very, very good. Though, if you do decide to play these, you MUST do it on a DS Lite or DSi rather than a 3ds. The stretched screen makes the sprites in the overworld and in battle look ugly.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.