[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will be the gimmick of the next generation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

What will be the gimmick of the next generation?
>>
>>33231168
pokemon can wear equipment and it becomes an idol game, battles are a side mechanic now
>>
Something related to Battle Bond that combines the +100 BST of Mega Evolutions with the ability to use Z-Moves, but it's generic enough that they don't have to mildly modify 802+ Models. Something like an aura similar to Totem Pokemon should suffice to get the point across.
>>
Either fusion, armor, or burst evolution.
>>
>>33231168
trainer moves. a powerful move you, the trainer, can use once per battle, independent of what pokemon you have out. you can learn a bunch, but only equip one at a time.
>>
I kind of hope that they adapt BREAK from the card game: you just put a shitty gold filter on the models or something, it gives your Pokemon 100 BST. How the BST is distributed depends on which held item used. So one BREAK Hawlucha can have 20 more speed and 80 more attack, while another can have 80 attack, 10 speed, and 10 sp. def.

Super lazy and repetitive, but it could help a lot of Pokemon, I think.
>>
Each gommick has been based on a basic part of pokemon
Mega evolution-evolves pokemon one stage further
Z-moves- gives the pokemon a very powerful attack
I think the next one will be adding a THIRD type temporarily for battle, call it some shit like super typing
>>
File: spooking.gif (2MB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
spooking.gif
2MB, 500x382px
>>33231168
its the best episode of season 1
>>
A new training system that lets every Pokemon's stats be doubled, but their stat total cannot exceed (current levelX10)
>>
>>33231828
best episode of all seasons.
>>
>>33231168
Human on Pokemon romance
>>
>>33231168
the illusion of a good game
>>
>>33231228
it would be pretty neat if they did a Burst side game. Even if it was like that world conquest game - appeals more to a japanese audience etc.
I would buy the shit out of a game like that, especially if it incorporated all current pokemon, or at least all legendary and mythicals.
>>
High quality 3DCG like that one pokemon arcade game in japan.

No other gimmicks.
>>
>>33231290
As much as I don't want ANOTHER gimmick (I think they needed to wait a generation or two after Mega Evolution to introduce Z-Moves), if they did something like this in Gen 8 and just elaborated on these three for a few gens, I might be okay with it.
>>
>>33231168
Breeding pokemon/human hybrids
>>
>>33231888
This is a future possibility
>>
>>33231199
Equipment would actually be a cool thing. Added it into my game ideas like 13 years ago.

There'd be boutiques and every time you defeat a Pokémon you'd get scraps you could take to make you clothing. Marrep could give you wool and Magnemite iron filings or something, for example.
>>
>>33235713
Wouldn't make battles a side thing whatsoever either, I'd note, as the equipment could provide stat boosts (up to a maximum, of course) OR additional abilities (not both for some balance) based on enhancements applied separately by adding more of certain materials (like the hypothesized iron filings could make a piece of armor that you could then apply more of to, to boost Def).

It's not like they haven't shown them with clothes regularly so it makes sense and this way people who don't care could just dress them up while competitive could make use of the enhancing process.

If people liked this (which I think they would), this would also be a good way to replace IVs in the following generation, I do believe.
>>
>>33231255
Reminds me of the Silver/Gold fossils from Fossil Fighters Champions.
>>
>>33231199
>>33235763
>>33235713
You can already equip your pokemon with held items, assault vest, helmets, lenses, goggles and many other items that act the way you describe, the only difference is that you don't get to see your pokemon wearing them
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.