[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unexpected Team MVP Thread? >Caught this thing for fire trial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3593.png (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3593.png
61KB, 300x300px
Unexpected Team MVP Thread?
>Caught this thing for fire trial
>Didn't know about Water Bubble's boost effect
>Assumed this thing had high special attack because of Scald
>Evolve it
>Nearly kills everything with Scald
>Beat totem Mimikyu by burning it with Scald, twice
>Have it hold Razor Claw for even more shenanigans
>learns Liquidation
>Crits almost every time
>Leech Life for survival
>Substitute for taking hits

Her name was Natasha. Best bug.
>>
>>33229446
Alolan Persian. Hated the design, but it became an MVP in game and I love it now.
>>
You don't get liquidation until end of the game though

and how did you flinch anything with araquanid's speed?
>>
>>33229509
I said Crit, not flinch
>>
Hatched a Litten egg from a friend in my egglocke. Had Fake Out and a few other egg moves
>>
>>33229475
same
>>
>>33229608
Got one with Parting Shot and Charm from the Egglocke.

Evolved before the first Kahuna. Had Fur Coat. Speed + Spamming Charm and Parting Shot led to the first Kahuan victory
>>
>>33229475
I went for a Persian, but mid-game it was subpar.

My MVP was Mudsdale. For real, that horse is a monster with stamina
>>
>>33229446
This and Mudsdale. Mine was named Hydrachnid.
>>
File: mudsdale_by_airaly-dat9ov1.jpg (298KB, 1024x1347px) Image search: [Google]
mudsdale_by_airaly-dat9ov1.jpg
298KB, 1024x1347px
>>33229446
Spiderbro was definitely an unexpected mvp in my as blind as possible nuzlocke

But the one that really saved my ass too many times to count...

>Catch a cute-looking little donkey/horse
>Assume it's just your regular nothing special mon
>Realize its ability raises its def after literally every hit it takes
>Realize almost everything in Alola is physical
>Almost get my ass handed to me by totem salazzle
>Llittle horsie can tank and saved my whole team
>Evolves into a powerful ground horse
>Realize horse has op attack power and can tank
>Realize ground type is probably the most op type in Alola due to shit distribution
>Realize almost everything in Alola is physical so stamina is OP
>MVP Horse lasted where many had fallen

Thank you MVP horse
>>
Ribombee was a surprise with how often it came in clutch. I just caught a cutiefly on the first island for pokedex and something to fill in my early team, and then she stayed on the rest of the run. Fast as shit and hits pretty good for ingame battles too.
>>
File: sawk_by_pimmy-d3cpou6.jpg (798KB, 906x1287px) Image search: [Google]
sawk_by_pimmy-d3cpou6.jpg
798KB, 906x1287px
Didn't realize how much of a lifesaver Sturdy would be.
>>
>>33229754

Same here, it could QD on almost any special attacker and go on to sweep. I even lucked out on a Hidden Power Ground one.
>>
>>33229446
A few days ago I caught the pre evo in my Nuzlocke but it died before evolving and I was so excited to use it.
>>
File: IMG_9728.png (78KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9728.png
78KB, 400x400px
>>33229446
I used Masquerain in oras because I had never used it before and I really liked its design. It turned out to be way more useful than expected. Was a huge help with Quiver Dance and moves like Scald, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball and Bug Buzz. And it has Intimidate. I absolutely love this little guy since oras.
>>
I caught a Ledyba as the 2nd member of my team in Sun because I've never trained one before. It's a Ledian now and somehow keeps kicking the living shit out of everything in Alola. Very surprising.
>>
File: 250px-733Toucannon.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-733Toucannon.png
48KB, 250x250px
Beak blast = win
>rock or steel types
Brick break
>>
>>33229933
Dubs of truth
>>
>>33229933
I'm gonna need some details about this one because ledian in my eyes is down there with unown
>>
>>33230254
I can't really explain it myself, since I don't get into EVs and IVs and all of that. He just doesn't seem to go down unless hit by something that 100% has his number. Both of his attack stats are terrible but this somehow makes no difference. He's solo'd most of the island challenges so far. It is truly a mystery, but I can't take him off the team after being so useful.

Probably also helps that everything in Alola is slow as fuck
>>
>>33229881
you can sweep every trainer in oras with that thing and m-blaziken
>>
>>33229446
Drizzle Pelipper, I played Sun as a nuzlocke and wow that pokemon was able to help me setup and wreak with Hurricane
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>33229446

Black 2 Randomizer Nuzlocke. Took out a surprising amount of uber legendaries, including ones it didn't even have a type advantage over.

It could not, however, take out a Hydreigon with Work Up and Dragon/Dark Pulse.

Protip: If you're starting a Randomizer Nuzlocke run, do not let your rival have something that evolves into Hydreigon as a starter.
>>
>>33230474

Pelipper in RSE is surprisingly legit too. Despite not having Drizzle yet, or the Special Attack buff, or a good movepool, it gets Protect to troll Norman's Slaking and learns Shock Wave, and an Electric move in Hoenn is also a godsend. Shock Wave and Ice Beam is damn good coverage against Winona as well.
>>
>>33230548

Good level up movepool, I meant.
>>
>>33230548
Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and I had a nice one there but he was never really a main so catching him in Sun he pulled more weight than being relegated to primary Fly HM
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.