[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

game freak is lazy or japans are lazy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

game freak is lazy or japans are lazy?
>>
>>33229283
People who know that their shit is gonna sell regardless of the effort they put in are lazy.
>>
>>33229290
This.
>>
File: 1501517656318.jpg (370KB, 1128x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501517656318.jpg
370KB, 1128x1080px
>>33229283
This doesn't help your argument at all, Super is shit too.
>>
>>33229304
Super is already better than Z you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1501519773855.jpg (22KB, 363x463px) Image search: [Google]
1501519773855.jpg
22KB, 363x463px
>>33229317
You have extremely low standards, you ATATATATATATATA faggot. Beerus is a cat, not scooby doo
>>
>>33229304
BD and Manga sales are killing it, in the top 10 ratings every week.. Japs disagree.

It's better then GT. And I'd say the SoL stuff makes it better then Z at times, even.
>>
This comparison doesn't work. That's still goku and not his brother with slightly different colored hair
>>
>>33229332
>ratings = good
It's the franchise you dumbass. Do you like watching same scenes over and over again? That's what toei is doing, recycling them white voice actors just yell the same ATATATA all the time. At least manga is somewhat better, just not great.
>>
>>33229332
Pokemon sales are also "killing it", so what was your point really? Retard
>>
>>33229317
>Super is already better than Z
penn_trash.png
>>
>>33229344

How about the fact that Goten is literally a copypaste of Goku as a kid?
>>
>>33229344
>tfw you remember Raditz exist
Oh yeah
>>
File: Scooby Beerus.jpg (32KB, 334x528px) Image search: [Google]
Scooby Beerus.jpg
32KB, 334x528px
>>33229362
This is what they like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiQx3pLH7qQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qs5nVYBNLY
>O MY MARY SUE POWERS
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>33229364
That's his pre evolution
>>33229367
That's Dynamite Mondays for ya.
>>
>>33229317
DB = Z >>>>>>>>> Super >>>>>>>>>>>> GT
>>
>>33229394
What REALLY pisses me off about Raditz's move names in Budokai is fucking "Double Sunday" wasn't meant to be a fucking day of the week, Double Sunday is in reference to ice cream. Like dessert? The finisher? His finishing attack? Come on, Atari.
>>
>>33229418
So Double Sundae? Makes sense.
>>
>>33229317
I think you are trying to say that Super is already better than GT, not Z.
>>
>>33229283
> Different color means different power

Yep.
>>
>>33229400
That gap between Super and GT should be smaller desu.
>>
>>33229379
Holy shit! Toei is fucking lazy as shit.
>>
>>33229317
>Shitty slice of life stuff.
>Painful Dragonaball humor.
>Short battles.
The long battles and feeling of there being an actual threat is what made DBZ good.
>>
>>33229560
Apologists like to say "b-but they're saving money for good cutscenes..." acting as if that is some kind of excuse. As bad as boruto is, it has a lot better animation. And as far as I recall, it doesn't reuse scenes. Or at least on the same level as super does.
>>
>>33229587
Super expanded the bad elements of Dragonball, it really is the Sun and Moon of Dragonball seasons.

Dragonball Z >>> GT > Super
>>
>>33229283
Why are you retards making these threads now instead of 2002?

At least they're remarketing the same mon and not a different species.
>>
>>33229450
Yeah -dae my bad. But how retarded is that. God damn.
>>
>>33229290
Fpbp
>>
>>33229610
Oh wow, I'm not the only one who prefers GT to Super.
>>
>>33230193
Count me as third. Though, it's probably nostalgia speaking.
>>
File: 1499703814373.jpg (34KB, 530x398px) Image search: [Google]
1499703814373.jpg
34KB, 530x398px
>>33230193
GT's problem isn't the idea itself, the problem was how it was done. As shit as GT is, it wasn't ATATATATATA spam. Ironically it had better animation too

>>33230204
>nostalgia
>GT
>>
>animation
GT > Super
>characters
Super > GT
>dialog
Super > GT
>tone
GT > Super

Overall I think Super is better if for nothing else than continuity. Like Vegeta doesn't get a haircut (???????) for some reason, Goku isn't a fucking kid (who the fuck thought that was a good idea?), fucking boring Pan isn't the main character with discount pussy business Trunks sidekick, Vegeta needing a fucking machine invented by Burma to go Super Saiyan, etc.

Holy shit, thinking about it fuck GT. I miss Uub though.
>>
>>33230270
GT had some good ideas here and there though. The problem is execution.
The Tuffles taking revenge on the Saiyans for destroying their home planet is a smart idea that could fit into Z if it could. The whole arc itself was not. The Dragon Balls giving birth to the Shadow Dragons is a great idea. The problem is that the arcs are hit and miss within the saga.
>>
>>33230214
I loved the concepts of all the GT villains. Super's are... here's Frieza. But he's GOLDEN now! Here's Beerus, but he's FAT now! They also got stronger for good reasons. Luud got stronger because he was fed people. Rildo got stronger because he took in pieces from his underlings. Baby got stronger cause he moved to stronger hosts. Super just has them get stronger because... because! Frieza had never trained in his life and Hit had apparently never though "What if I stopped time.. but for longer!". Hell, even Jiren, the strongest mortal in the Tournament of Power, is never shown doing anything to get that strong. He just kinda meditated once.
GT also put a nice spin on the old "search for the Dragonballs", forcing Goku and his team to search for them across the universe. It allowed the show to put the characters in new worlds with new alien races, not just boring old Earth. Meanwhile, Super just hands them over to the characters, even though the Super Dragonballs are supposedly spread throughout several universes. We barely even get to see anything of those.
Goku's personality was way better in GT too. Getting put in a child body is a silly plot contrivance, but he had meaningful interactions that showed you how much he loved his family and friends. Especially Pan. In Super, I don't think he even remembers Pan exists.
And yeah, way better artstyle and animation. Those are important.
>>
>>33230270
>Vegeta doesn't get a haircut (???????) for some reason
Super had them grow beards for no reason. Not much better. The haircut didn't look bad on him either.

>Vegeta needing a fucking machine invented by Burma to go Super Saiyan, etc.
He only needed that to go SSJ4 the first time, much like Goku needed the Earth's Blutz Waves. They never needed that boost from then on.
>>
>>33230331
To be fair, Zamasu was actually fine and entire saga was good until entire thing became pointless with o my mary sue powers and Zeno destroying entire fucking universe. And I really don't like this tournament of power saga, idea was fine but as I said previously, it's the same Kenshiro screaming and I'm pretty sure this saga will become pointless too when Goku brings erased fighters back

I do wonder why is this still up, this thread having nothing to do with pokemon and all
This thread has been better than any DBS thread in /a/ has been after Future Trunks saga ended
>>
>>33230313
Yeah I think I agree with you here for sure.

>>33230345
>hair looked good
"No"
>>
>>33230331

As a GT hater, I'll admit the concepts were better than what Super's giving us.

But I remember seeing boring energy ball spam battles in GT, going super saiyan just to lift a building off of someone, hand to hand combat being almost nonexistent (i remember a few good fights with the fire dragon and ice dragon but that was it), Goku not wanting teen Trunks and Goten to reveal Teen Gotenks (missed opportunity), Vegeta with a shitty mustache (i know he gets rid of it, but his hair is still fucked up), all of Rildo's transformations being garbage, several final fights being anticlimactic. And I really, really hated Super Saiyan 4. How the fuck does he become an adult in that form, but stays a kid in 1-3? And going from gold and back to black hair with pink fucking fur is stupid.

Super's transformations have been boring palette swaps, the plotlines retarded and lacking any real tension (having Beerus, a god of destruction, as a friend is one big reason why), but the fights are much better than GT's.
>>
>>33230331
I literally cannot stop agreeing with you here dude, except all these ideas sound great on paper but when you see them in the show it's shit. Shit execution. GT had some interesting ideas, but Super having simpler ideas with a better execution makes all the difference.

And, if you swapped GT and Super's animation right style right now there would be no debate.
>>
File: 1499757056314.png (894KB, 1304x1628px) Image search: [Google]
1499757056314.png
894KB, 1304x1628px
>>33230498
>the plotlines retarded
Manga does it better but it also has its retarded moments like Trunks suddenly realizing he has healing powers and Goku learning hakai out of fucking nowhere
>>
>>33229317
shit is better than shit, amazing

>>33229400
an actual good show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> db > z=super=gt
>>
File: 1489787236142.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489787236142.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>33230758
>hating on something just because its popular
come on mate dont be that guy
>>
>>33230758
DB was fantastic.
>>
File: Outdatedtheresmorenow.png (3MB, 1316x1964px) Image search: [Google]
Outdatedtheresmorenow.png
3MB, 1316x1964px
>>33229283

It's been over twenty years, why aren't there forty Pikachu recolors yet?
>>
>>33231017

>what are pichu, minun, plusle, pachirisu, emolga, dedenne and togedemaru
>>
>>33231057

Cosplay Pikachus have been a better example than naming each region's Electric rodent.
>>
>>33231010
that's why i said it was the best dragonball show though i wouldn't call it fantastic, it's still okay though

>>33230999
i don't hate it just because it's popular, i hate it because i watched the whole series and didn't enjoy it. at least for z, to be fair i didn't finish gt or super though
>>
>>33229400
GT is on the level of the original. They're both too explore-y for my taste.

Meanwhile, Super has some animation and has had a few pacing issues but otherwise it's just as good as Z.
>>
Super started off terrible but got really good in the last two arcs. Even most of the filler or slice of life episodes have been fantastic.
>>
>>33230214
GT aired in my country in '98/'99. I'm 26. Yes, you can feel nostalgic about GT if you liked it as a kid.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.