[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 61vKtxIi-6L.jpg (69KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
61vKtxIi-6L.jpg
69KB, 500x446px
I just started a replay of Y. Havent touched it since oras came out. Been playing moon since launch.

I think i like gen 6 more than gen 7. They just feel better.

I like gyms more than trials. Also, gen 7 had a painfully slow start compared to this. I used to think chibi was dumb, but its good with the low res and the grid gen 6 uses for walking. Alola is kind of baren and not as pleasing even with the loss of the grid, which i thought would be the opposite.
>>
File: nothisshitagain.jpg (893KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
nothisshitagain.jpg
893KB, 1600x1067px
>>33229103
>XY is shit, bw did better.
>SM is shit, XY did better.
>USUM is shit, SM did better.
and the list go on, and on, and on...
>>
>>33229117
Not our faults the games keep getting worse
>>
>>33229117
I just hadnt fully realized that i prefered to play 6 over 7 untill i went back.
>>
To me they are both garbage, but for different reasons.
>>
>>33229126
not our fault if you are still playing thinking the newers game are shit.
>>
>>33229117
>>33229126

Yeah. The games get more "realistic" looking each gen compared to last, but they do get worse. New content and concepts are added, but others are always taken and i think this gen 7 was just filler for switch.
>>
>>33229145
or browsing /vp/ or pokemon related btw
>>
XY's problems were being subpar Pokemon games.
SM's problems are not even being Pokemon games.

Given the choice between the two obviously anyone would choose neither and replay BW.
>>
>>33229145
>SM is good meme
>>
>>33229162
>pokemon fans at 2014

We need a game without the same shit like gyms, they are out of ideas.

>Same pokemon fans now

I WANT GYMS AND THE SAME SHIT BACK PLS GF!!!

And people called Sonic fandom autistic.
>>
>>33229103

XY were games that suffered from the switch to 3D and too many cooks in the kitchen, I think. That and time restraints must be explanation for why these two games were so lackluster. The Pokemon designs are generally good, the story has ideas, even the character designs have promise but they just couldn't pull it off. I'd love to see the whole development process of them to see where things started going astray.
SM is SM. Some steps in the right direction but then they also completely removed the one thing XY DID do better than any other Pokemon game (PSS). Everyone can agree that festival plaza just doesn't work compared to the PSS so I don't understand how they overlooked that.
>>
>>33229176
>SM is bad meme
>>
>>33229162
If there had been a proper z version i think they would have been just as good. All they needed was to explain the rail station town, do the zygard stuff, add more national dex mon, move tutor, another battle facility, more customization options, and recgalenge elite 4. The standard 3rd version treatment
>>
I'm replaying Kalos for the second time (only played once in 2013.The gameplay and the region are not that bad, but the fucking characters and team flare are terrible, even worst that I remember.
>>
>>33229181
Different people said those things. And even people who wanted change meant good change, not replacing gyms with babby's first matching game trial. But go ahead and keep lying. The only defense you have for SM is "w-w-well the people who don't like it are s-s-s-stupid!".
>>
>>33229191
It's not a meme
>>
The interface alone puts XYORAS leagues ahead of Gen 7. I like all the different apps - PSS, DexNav, Super Training, etc. - giving you a choice of what you want to have to compliment your playing experience. Better than Rotom giving me useless commentary all the time...

Dex is better too. Too many 'mons in SM are hidden behind weird encounter rates and requirements like SOS Chaining.
>>
File: IMG_6426.png (889KB, 800x1118px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6426.png
889KB, 800x1118px
>>33229103
Nah, gen 6 is still shit

Chibi is hideous, the grid movement is outdated and clunky in 3d, the rollerblades are floaty and not a good solution to the free movement, the environments (barring 1 or 2 areas) are flat and pretty bland, the story is the worst in the series, and the battles themselves are ugly to look at.

I do like the trainer splash arts and the nov designs tho.

The 3ds games are kinda garbage, but XY, imo, were the worst of it.
>>
>>33229636
*npc

The online interface was probably the best in the series too, but that's really all I'd be willing to praise.
>>
>>33229162
>replay BW
Let's not get carried away here. Those are still the worst Pokemon games ever made.
>>
File: 1481079240547.gif (2MB, 461x519px) Image search: [Google]
1481079240547.gif
2MB, 461x519px
>>33229636
>the story is the worst in the series
Excuse me?.
>>
Really? I did a nuzlocke of X and I found it so fucking boring. I'm still not done, I stalled after beating Team Flare.
>>
>>33229103
Never played XY, should I?
>>
File: IMG_1137.jpg (134KB, 900x685px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1137.jpg
134KB, 900x685px
>>33229722
The worst

I'd rather sit through Lillie's shit a million times than the shit with balloon-boy, helmet head, and squirrel-girl.

Lusamine at least had a degree of batshit crazy that made her entertaining. Lysandre, other than being boring, was asinine and pretentious.

Not to mention the garbage that was AZ
>>
Enjoy your NO POSTGAME and dead online when you're done.
>>
>>33229791
its not very good desu but if you're bored and have nothing to do it has the biggest dex of any pokemon game so theres lots of mons to use.
>>
I thought I disliked XY until I played SM. Makes me appreciate them much more.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.