[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will laught at all of you when this game doesn't FLOP.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 2Mfirstday.jpg (369KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2Mfirstday.jpg
369KB, 2000x1000px
I will laught at all of you when this game doesn't FLOP.
>>
>>33229019

They will introduce some vapid aesthetic change and people will rush to buy it even if said addition is horribly implemented.

See: Walking Pokemon on a 3DS
>>
It's not gonna flop by any means, but it doesn't mean it will be objectively good
I still hope it will be though
>>
>>33229056
OP, here, i don't say that will be good, or bad. We discover that on november.

Anyway, the wild music remix from this game gave me some hype.
>>
>>33229083
me too, OP. The paintjob can go screw itself somewhere, but at least they didn't neglect the aesthetics and OST
>>
>>33229104
people like you give me some faith in /vp/
>>
Why would this game flop? It's pokemon, the name will carry it to 10+ mill sales alone.
>>
Gamefreak could put a Pokemon logo on a steaming turd and it will still sell millions.
>>
>>33229143
>>33229137
that's why i laught at people that think this game is gona flop,
Even if they were right that the game sucks (i really doubt at that)
>>
>>33229166
It's already a pretty low bar to go over. X/Y improved everything shit about B/W and B2/W2 and ORAS was great (only thing B2/W2 got right was post game, everything else sucks). Sun and Moon are still way better then Gen 5 but it's the worse of the 3DS games so USUM really needs to fuck up to be worse then that.
>>
Sun and moon where stupid. STUPID. When you have a game like OR/AS and from that go to what S/M were you are stupid. That's the word that describes what these games where. And their semi-merge/remake will be stupid because stupid+stupid=stupid.
>>
Actually, this whole thing reminds me that X/Y are the only games to never get a 3rd edition or a sequel.

R/B + Y
G/S + C
R/S + E
D/P + Plat
B/W + B2/W2
SUMO + USUM
>>
>>33229178

What was shit about BW1 and 2?
>>
>>33229214
Characters, story, teams plot, most (not all) of the designs. B/W was cringe as fuck when they tried to give Gym Leaders some role, I like anime but that was to much "power of friendship xD" bullshit for me. Post-game is the only thing they got right, but Team Plasma was almost as shit as Team Galactic with their emo as fuck leader. Also Hugh is a fag.
>>
>>33229019
It just goes to show that just because it's popular it's good.
>>
>>33229251
doesn't mean it's good*
>>
>>33229238
See, I like everything you listed that you disliked but I do agree gen 5 has major flaws with the way they went about things. Ghetsis' copout was a real let down and obviously they made things too black and white.
Gen 5 also has my favorite dex but also has some of my least favorite Pokemon in it. I liked BW1 more than 2 even though I recognize BW2 is better gameplay wise and more accessible to new players.
When BW1 gets remade in the far off future, what would you change?
>>
>>33229238
literally none of these things are shitty in BW/2, but it's always gonna be subjective to opinions

same way people who liked SM will enjoy USUM even more because it's at the very least gonna improve the games
>>
>>33229285
Impressed you're not just writing my opinion off like others. If you like Gen 5, more power. I wish I could like it.

If they got remade, it would just be a tighter story. ORAS really improved on R/S so I think a remake would change most of my issues. A better written story and if there were going to go with the Gym Leaders coming in to save the day, I guess do more with them during the game itself. Remove Hugh would be a big one.

Honestly I did like 2's better but I guess not being gen 5 only locked played a lot. I understood the idea but it was not as interesting to me, made me not really give a shit seeing the new designs without familiar faces with them.

Also, I think Unova would be great in 3D, I doubt this would make sense but Unova felt like a very weird mix between Gen 4 and Gen 6. I like to call Gen 5 the growing pains generation as they were getting ready to jump to full 3D.
>>
and i will laugh this game turns out to be shit and people use sales to justify it being like last 3 games. This Call of duty fans mentality
>>
>>33229019
of course it's not gonna flop, it has pokemon in its name
>>
File: 1316174458196.png (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1316174458196.png
4KB, 200x200px
>>33229339
It's almost like it makes money.
>>
>>33229326

I want my favorite games to get better. I can recognize they're not perfect and not everyone will like them but seeing them improved can only happen if I admit their flaws.
My only worries with them tinkering with the story is bloating it instead of trimming the fat and refining some things. Hopefully by the time BW1 is remade Gamefreak will have gotten this whole "story" thing down.
I also loved having only the BW1 dex but BW1 remade should definitely not have this. It was unique to BW1 but it would make it pretty boring it go through again even in 3D (this was my issue with ORAS).
Totally agree about Gen 5 being a weird transitional stage. The way the overworld sprites would deform on the 3d planr was pretty shitty looking. Seasons were awesome though.
>>
>>33229365
Mind if I ask why you love Gen 5? I will always admit Gen 5 at least had a great post-game, but what about do you like or love? Since you heard me out, I wanna hear you out.
>>
>>33229370
Might be nostalgia, but I'm just very fond of them. I love the music, especially the overworld/route themes, I love the protagonist designs (Hilbert in particular is my favorite one of all of them), and again it has some of my favorite Pokemon designs (Reuniclus, Volcarona, Archeops etc). BW1 came out when I was in high school so I have a lot of good memories of playing with my friends. Also grew up in a big city so Castelia and the region in general were pretty relatable to me. I'd love to see Gen 5 remakes focus more on the big city aspect.
My first game was Crystal but Black 1 was the first Pokemon game that really stuck with me. It'll always be special even if it wasn't perfect.
>>
>>33229019
R/G + B + Y
G/S + C
R/S + FR/LG + E
D/P + Pl + HG/SS

(Realization that paired versions make more money)

B/W + B2/W2
X/Y + OR/AS
S/M + US/UM

You can't deny this.
>>
For a board about Pokemon, people sure do hate Pokemon here.

Also: http://www.strawpoll.me/13648362
>>
>>33229422
>Might be nostalgia

Thanks for reminding me of my age. Heh, that's actually an interesting point, this means I'm a few years older then you cause B/W came out just after High School for me. For my friends, HG/SS was THE thing to play between us but once High School ended, we all went our separate ways and I was the poorfag with no wifi at that time so I was alone for Gen 5. Thinking about it, I wonder if that's more to do with why I dislike Gen 5 as much as I do. Gen 6 is when I had a job and made friends online, I never thought about it like that.

As for sound, I alway play Pokemon with no sound (podcast time mostly) so I couldn't comment on it. Thanks for replying by the way. Glad to have this conversation. We can agree to disagree but you've made my day. Thank you.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.