[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should pokemin get alternate sizes? HP and speed could change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2412.jpg (56KB, 774x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2412.jpg
56KB, 774x409px
Should pokemin get alternate sizes? HP and speed could change depending on size. Their could be 3-5 sizes. All pokemon from pokebank would be normal sized. Pokemon hatched or caught can be caught have a random different size.
>>
>>33227938
>taking away gourgeist's gimmick
Never, I love my fatass pumpkin and its unique size feature

I would be okay if some pokemon came in a regular and giant size tho. Regular sized mons are the ones you can find anywhere, but giant sized are found only in specific areas under certain conditions (defeating X trainers, bringing an item with you, time of the day, etc.) and behave like wild minibosses. They could be like totems that you could catch, but dunno how it would go from there. Maybe make it so that they have 50 extra points in HP than regular sizes, or moves only they can get. Imagine going into a swamp with a mudkip in your party when there's overworld rain to find a giant swampert that has 150 HP and knows the moves recover and superpower. Or going into a cave holding a dragon scale to find a giant druddigon with 127 HP, stone edge and knock off.

Would probably fuck up the meta since everyone would use the giant size, but game-wise I think it'd be cool for the exploration aspect.
>>
>>33227975
>Not adding a feature because of 1 pokemon
Mabye gorguiest was just a test. But if it wasn't it wouldn't really matter because it has 4 and every other pokemon has only 3
>>
>>33227983
Didn't you say between 3-5?

Anyways yes, sometimes it is worth not adding a feature because of 1 pokemon. Otherwise every pokemon would change its looks between seasons because it is unfair to only keep this to sawsbuck and real life deer aren't the only ones that adapt to the environment changing. Sometimes some things are better as just one species' gimmick.
>>
>>33227938
I think its interesting, but ultimately having sizes for every pokemon just adds one more min/max thing that you need to either grind for a long time for or just inject, so its not really a feature that helps the average player, and it doesn't really make competitive more interesting, just adds something else to min/max.
>>
>>33227975
They KIND of did this in ORAS with the Poke Nav thing. It would be cool if they did it the way you suggested, but instead of having altered base stats, they could have exclusive moves or come with perfect IVs off the bat, and maybe some custom line on their status screen that stated that they were king of the forest you caught them in, or even just a symbol ala shiny Pokemon.
>>
>>33228037
and if a pokemon hatches giant, it can say
>"This pokemon is destined to be a king/quenn"
>>
>>33227975
It was already no longer an exclusive gimmick thanks to pokemon go
>>
>>33228097
I don't play GO, elaborate
>>
>>33228118
Pokemon can have random sizes
>>
>>33228128
and they kinda mean jackshit there

Cool feature, was nice for pumpkin, would wanna see it exist, but lazyfreak is never gonna do that for 8xx pokemon (even the ashnime made it clear that pokemon of the same species have different sizes)
>>
File: 1492131194396.png (49KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
1492131194396.png
49KB, 373x327px
>>33227938
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.