[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make it OU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2312.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2312.png
42KB, 250x250px
Make it OU
>>
>>33225710
Female Only, Earth Power and Scald.
>>
Let it learn Eruption so it can try to spam Choice Scarf/Specs Eruption
>>
>>33225710
Give it a Mega w/ Drought
>>
No Guard for Inferno spam
>>
>>33225710
Flare Boost
>>
>>33225744
Truly an idea befitting a genius βΈ®
>>
>>33225710
>special moxie (call it swag)
>Earth Power and Scald.
>>
>>33225710
not your personaly army
kys
>>
File: Typhlosion fire.gif (103KB, 99x117px) Image search: [Google]
Typhlosion fire.gif
103KB, 99x117px
>>33225710
All it takes is usage, it can already do good work in OU.

>http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-606553006
>http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-605977009
>http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-607315909

>>33225744
really gelatins the skeleton
>>
+20 in HP and defense and +10 in spdef to make it not a glass cannon
give it +40 speed to establish itself as a speedy threat outside of scarf
>>
>>33225780
>can't get burned
Epick
>>
Well, Drought would probably make it viable, considering it would be pretty much identical to Charizard-Y with a lesser SR weakness, no Roost, and no mega slot consumption. Probably better all things considered desu.
>>
>>33225710
Fire/Ground Sheer Force with Earth Power and Thunderbolt
>>
>>33225710
just give it blast burn
>>
>>33225710
Fire/Ground with Primordial Sea

This shitmon doesn't deserve anything near OU
>>
Magic Guard so that it can spam Life Orb Eruption without taking hazard or Life Orb damage.

Fire/Ground Mega Form with Adaptibility. +20 Speed, +40 SpAtk. Learns Earth Power, Power Gem, etc.
>>
>>33225710
a mega with

sheer force+earth power

and secondary ground type
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497394090434.jpg (15KB, 482x395px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497394090434.jpg
15KB, 482x395px
>>33225754
>>
>>33225879
hell, you could even get toxashit with specs typhlosion

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex in Sun: 171-202 (56.2 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
>>
>>33225826
Set?
>>
>gets more speed and bulk
>new ability that makes Fire-type moves that land lower the target's accuracy by one stage, call it Shimmering Heat
>learns Earth Power, Scald and Thunderbolt
>>
>>33225966
Scarf with Eruption, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Rock Tomb

Rock Tomb is for fast things I want to stop like Volcarona, Mega Charizard X, and other fast stuff Typhlosion can't kill, so that Dugtrio can take it out after. I have a habit of making my fun team replays private, as I know I have private replays of Rock Tomb working to disrupt sweeps and hand me the win, but I'd have to dig through my Chrome History to find them.
>>
>>33225710
My favorite starter!

It's actually pretty good already. Has the exact same stats as Charizard + Eruption. But since Charizard gained two Megas (and it's looking unlikely Typhlosion will get one any time soon), it could maybe use an extra +5 in Def and +5 in Spd just to help it compete without breaking the starter Pokemon rules with too high a BST.

Its movepool outside fun things like Eruption is also really shallow. Thunderpunch was fun on it in Gen II, might be nice to see it get a good special Electric type move in its movepool for coverage. It already gets Focus Blast and Solarbeam. Earth Power would make a ton of sense on it, as might moves like Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball. Would be weird, but it is also one of the few Fire-types I could see logically using Scald as well.

If it got a Mega or Alolan Form, I've really warmed up to the idea of it picking up Ghost as a secondary typing. Not sure how it would work logically, but the typing seemed to really help A-Marowak so the same might happen here. Maybe it could become Ghost just because it's shrouded in smoke or something? I attached really edgy fanart of what it could look like, just to get an idea.
>>
>>33226033
Honestly I haven't touched competitive since ORAS and I sucked back then, I have a feeling I'll try this out and fail horribly, but thanks anyways
>>
>>33225826
Does that really mean it deserves to be used that often though? You can catch people by surprise with it at times but I can't imagine it's going to be worth using too often.
>>
File: 250px-154Meganium.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-154Meganium.png
42KB, 250x250px
Give it a niche in OU
>>
>>33226134
A bunch of stuff doesn't 'deserve' to be used often, the fact of the matter is a lot of typically underutilized mons rise because uncreative users copy the team of a creative user and spam that team on the ladder, hence how in Gen VI Quag attained OU from ABR stall and Azelf attained OU from the birdspam team that Empo popularized, as well as Smeargle gaining OU status similarly to Azelf this gen.

My approach to deciding what mon to play with is look at what capitalizes on the state of the meta. In both Gen VI and Gen VII, the meta is typically underprepared for Special Fire spam, so I've been making use of Volcanion, Typhlosion, and of course Y. When the meta stops allowing those holes you move to the next mon -- like for example, since about a week ago now Shed Shell Toxapex has become much more common, which answers Fire + Dug very well and is forcing me to change my strategy/team.
>>
>>33226263
How do you tell what's the most effective against the current meta?
>>
>>33226306
Either you play or you watch others play. When you do, look at team preview or opponent/player teams in general and you'll eventually notice a trend. What you want your mindset to be is 'Which Pokemon do they have that come with reliable recovery and which don't?' and 'What Pokemon can be trapped or worn down with hazards?'

Example: Mega Charizard Y switch-ins are typically Lati@s, Zygarde, Nihilego, Chansey, Toxapex, Mantine, Mega Charizard X, Heatran, other Dragons as makeshift switch-ins. Heatran, Nihilego, Chansey, and Toxapex can be caught by Dugtrio, and Nihilego virtually always lacks recovery. Dragons typically lack recovery and can be brute-forced through, including Zygarde. Lati@s can succumb to Tyranitar, but you don't even need to run a Pursuit trapper such as it since Latias is rarely seen considering it was deemed UU and Latios has less bulk and has a harder time taking 2 Fire Blasts, not to mention most Latios you see are LO or Scarf (things you'd pick up on). Mega Charizard X is a thing, but its usage is discouraged because of how flooded the meta is with Lando-T (that's the other thing, capitalize on the most-used Pokemon where you can). Mantine is probably the best answer to Y that can't be trapped by Duggy without the need of Shed Shell, but its usage is scarce too, so making Y a mega for your team would be a good investment all things considered. With Mantine on the rise and Shed Shell Toxapex on the rise, you wouldn't make that decision.
>>
>>33225826
Holy shit anon, that's amazing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.