[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_20170806-211827_01_01.png (182KB, 1080x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170806-211827_01_01.png
182KB, 1080x1434px
Are they right?
>>
>>33223209
He didn't even finished the game.
>>
>>33223209
Eh, people that like the Mystery Dungeon series are the kind that are already invested in the pokemon franchise and usually like them for how it uses the character in ways they would like to see in the main series.
>>
>>33223209
sky is the best md to date
>>
>>33223209
While PMD isn't that good, 4.9 is a bit harsh
>>
>>33223316
This, so obviously not.

It's just another case of "You shouldn't buy the first ones because a follow up will be better.". Though being a side series a third version wasn't exactly a thing to expect, but still.
>>
>>33223209
They gave BOTW a 10/10
That shoud tell you all you need to know
>>
>>33223209

PMD is a niche series that you have to be a hardcore fan of the main series to appreciate
>>
>>33223209

No.
>>
>>33223209
That doesn't sound like he bothered to play both games to the end. The post game was good
>>
File: Meanwhile, in 2013.png (897KB, 1186x956px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile, in 2013.png
897KB, 1186x956px
>>33223209
That review was so shit that I stopped caring about reviewers.
>>
>>33223363
Everyone and their mother gave 10/10 to BOTW, so it doesn't tell me anything.
>>
>>33223363
This is not /v/ you know.
>>
>>33223455
>new game that introduces a bunch of new features and pokemon and is the first 3d mainline game gets a higher score than a third version rehash

yeah fuck those reviewers
>>
>>33223511
That doesn't really matter when the new game is trash anyway and the third version rehash is used to make a good game better.
>>
>>33223209
I mean, if we're talking of sky as a third version, yeah, it's fucking lame, because it's actually more of a expansion that ask you to play through the same main story and it doesn't change anything about the story, it just adds a few features.
though this review feels salty as hell
>>
>expansion to a great game gets 4.9

I'm assuming USUM will get like 2.0 then?
>>
>>33223501
Exactly
This isn't a nintendo dicksucking board, so you don't have to pretend BOTW is a good game
>>
>>33223681
Always so transparent.
>>
>>33223209
Isn't this the same people are saying about USM?
>>
>>33223681
i'll bite and say that this is a board for a franchise that is partially owned by nintendo
you are fucking retarded
>>
Yes.
PMD is only liked by furfags because it lets them live out their Pokesona roleplay fantasies.
>>
>>33223681
Legitimate autism
>>
>>33223209
it's true, gameplay gets too repetitive after a short period of time and the multiple versions in spin offs are completely pointless and just a cash crab, at least Super had only one
PMD is just overrated
>>
I expected a genuinely compelling story because of the way everyone hyped it up. Turned out to be a shitty SatAM anime. Sure, it's better than the main series, but if the plot that's not even good is the only thing people use as a selling point for these games, then it's just not for me.
>>
>really wanted a 5 gen Mystery dungeon
>super MD is apparently great but all the charm of the sprites is gone and looks like shit in 3D

anyone who has played it, how is it comapred to explorers of the sky?
>>
>>33224843
>Story's pacing is all weird
>Everyone on your team is squishy as fuck
>Multi-hit moves now obliterate your anus
>Moves have PP cut in half (you actually need to use Elixers)

Basically, the story dropped for more challenging gameplay.
>>
>>33225002
but remains almost unchanged?

MD story was never good to be fair
>>
>>33224843
From someone who loved Sky, Gates is mostly shit (except for the music) and Super ends up being fairly decent if you lower your expectations going in (don't expect Sky quality).
>>
>>33224843
There was a gen 5 PMD, Gates to Infinity. Haven't played it, but from what I hear it's alright but the weakest PMD aside from the wiiware ones.
As for super, story is pretty bad, mostly because FUCKING NOTHING happens until like the last two bosses. For gameplay, they made some changes that allow it to standout such as the recruitment method, and it's also the most difficult one since your normal attack only does 5 damage no matter what. I enjoyed it for the most part, I still feel that Sky is better, but it's worth a play if you like the PMD gameplay.
>>
>>33225094
It's pretty bad and just felt like an early beta for Super.
>>
File: V WHEEEEL.png (150KB, 1024x625px) Image search: [Google]
V WHEEEEL.png
150KB, 1024x625px
>>33224843
>really wanted a 5 gen Mystery dungeon
Pokemon mystery dungeon Gates to infinity is almost exclusively gen 5 pokemon, the story is probably the best one in all of the mystery dungeon games especially because it has little to complain about, but it's gameplay is the weakess in the series, it has no post game at all, it has snail slow text that can't be fixed and it limits you to play with either the gen 5 starters, pikachu or axew.
If you just want to play a PMD for a fun story and nothing else, then go ahead and play this game.
>>
File: cursed hogan.png (250KB, 540x683px) Image search: [Google]
cursed hogan.png
250KB, 540x683px
>>33223455
>great character design
>>
>>33224843
Storywise it was awful. The entire first half of the game is padding while the entire second half was actually good. But 50% of your game being good is a bad thing.
>>
>>33226060
>liking the guild but bland
>unironically liking stone Pokemon and Dark Matter
Wow
>>
>>33223209
I'd prefer games that look like GBA games but have a lot of highly polished content than games that look like DS games and have a quarter of the content because it all needs to be modeled and animated.

Your game is going to look dated within three years no matter what, so your graphics should only be as detailed as they need to be.

Not that this matters to reviewers who blow through games as fast as possible so they can get to the next one and therefore don't care about value.
>>
>>33227053
>I'd prefer games that look like GBA games but have a lot of highly polished content than games that look like DS games and have a quarter of the content because it all needs to be modeled and animated.
Isn't making sprites and 2D animations much more time consuming than just making a 3D model and animating that?
>>
>>33223363
Fuck off about BotW already.
>>
>>33223681
>This isn't a nintendo dicksucking board
It's literally a board to glorify a mainstay Nintendo franchise, what are you on?
>>
>>33224843

Super Mystery Dungeon is bad. The story starts out promising but will get exhausting by how repetitive and retarded it is very quickly. You can only own 1 of each species of Pokemon. You cannot name them. The portraits are pretty lazily and terribly shaded (for that just use the models).
Gameplay is okay. But the game itself is not great to look at.
>>
>>33227194
>Super Mystery Dungeon is bad
Thank you for warning me about how useless your opinion is in the first sentence.
>>
>Using IGN to determine game quality
>>
>>33223209
I played Explorers of Time and skipped Sky thinking it was an obvious rip-off so I guess he shares the sentiments of some customers.
>>
>>33223455
I remember that review having lots of mistakes. It also didn't mention the horrible FPS drops even once.

Whoever wrote this likely didn't actually play the game.
>>
>>33227150
Not when you have to model 3D environments as well.

Models do take much longer than all but the most detailed sprites. They're easier to animate and can be easily changed so they're considered a good investment, but they're still more expensive and time consuming to make.
>>
>>33223511
(you)
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.