[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is GF doing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170711_213749.jpg (3KB, 83x86px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_213749.jpg
3KB, 83x86px
I think I've got some idea of what could be going on up there.

Basically, GF is trying (and so far failing) to fix their mistakes they made with SM, starting with the marketing. Their first instinct right now is, "Everybody was disappointed because when SM came out because we showed off all the exciting stuff before the game came out, and none of it was surprising any more. This time, let's just show off little things, so this next game still has a lot of surprises."
The problem is, this mentality is sending the wrong message, and making the game look like nothing new or interesting, when it very well could be.

I think there's a chance the game may have a lot of improvements if "fixing their mistakes" is what they're trying to do. I would expect things like skippable cutscenes, and less boring ways to find the extra Z Crystals, MAYBE gyms, who knows. My main point is, GF is probably trying to see if we can get excited over simple shit so they don't have to show anything big to get hype for the game that could very well end up being great, just being kept on the down low so most of the things in it stay a surprise. This is my hope, at least, and I think it'd make some sense.
>>
>>33221700
Anon, this is nothing but wishful thinking. Sure, it's still possible they will fix it, but there is no evidence up to this point.

The new Lycanroc doesn't help either. In its case, there is no held information that could justify it being so uninspired.

I feel that since gen 6, all the games have to offer is hope. GF create things that almost say "look how great this COULD be". But they fail to deliver and we fail to give up on them.
>>
>>33221700
Probably true. But what is really happening is that they've reached the limit with how much data can fit on a 3DS cart and they're struggling to to add content to agame that has high qulity 3D models of ~800 Pokemon including forms and variants.
>>
>>33221700

Gen 6 was already pushing the 3DS's limitations, and Gen 7 pushed them even further; there's not much more they can add without the 3DS literally exploding
>>
>>33221700
I like Robin

Stardew valley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SM
>>
>>33221871
Reduce the eye textures to 128*128 instead of 256*256
>>
>>33221700
No.

ORAS revealed everything = ORAS sold crazy good
SM revealed everything = SM sold crazy good

GF doesnt give a single shit about opinions. Sales are the opinions

USUM will reveal everything aswell. They jist dont have much new content for a few months of promotion. Expect it to start next month or October with 2-3 big updates.
>>
>>33222016
Haley's the best though
>>
>>33221984
Yup. They are literally out of storage space.
>>
>>33222248
Haley is way too stupid at the beggining. From singles i like Penny and Abigail
>>
>>33222248
Emily you shitter.
>>
>>33222334
Exactly, everyone else is already fine. Haley grows the most as a character.
>>
File: IMG_6421.jpg (48KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6421.jpg
48KB, 480x480px
>>33221871
>3ds carts have the capability to hold upwards of 8 gigs of data
>Pokemon sun and moon are roughly 3.2 gigs
>>
>>33222248
>>33222350
>not Abigail

>>33222334
my negro
>>
>>33221700
dude, SM's marketing wasn't a mistake
it was fucking amazing. hype season was unreal
>>
>>33222368
It doesnt look like anyone used the 8gb yet and its unlikley anyone will

USUM comes out just a year after SM so i doubt they suddenly have this much content to go over 4gb
>>
File: 1501684695412.png (113KB, 549x669px) Image search: [Google]
1501684695412.png
113KB, 549x669px
>>33221871
>>33222368
The problem isn't the carts, it's the hardware. Do you remember when the games came out and all those people were complaining about frame rate issues? It's because most of them were using 2DS and normal 3DS. The New 3DS runs the software just fine, I've never had major problems, but the games have to be designed so that they can at least function on it's obviously inferior brothers to validate their existence. The switch to Switch cannot happen fast enough.
>>
>>33222563
I'm on a New 3DS and Sun and Moon still lag a fuckton.
>>
File: MN6AvQv.png (147KB, 512x350px) Image search: [Google]
MN6AvQv.png
147KB, 512x350px
>>33222573
Do you use CFW? Is it only during totem battles? There's factors that play into because even I still lag a little, but there's no denying the new 3DS is better optimized and therefore runs the games better. If you think it's bad now, imagine trying to play SM on a doorstop.
>>
>>33222563
They also wanted to pander to download only customers with limited sd card space. Most sd cards are 4gb. I think they should give them the finger and just put the full 8gbs of a complete game on cart and large sd cards only.
>>
>>33222573
I only get lag when the trainer models are onscreen during a battle, particularly in doubl battles when both trainers are on screen.
>>
>>33221700
Pokémon became too big for a shitty small studio like GF.
>>
>making the game look like nothing new or interesting
All the third versions were that
Just wait for the new generation
>>
Here is what GF is doing.

They are making sequels to the Sun and Moon games. These games will have new content, new forms, new features, different story etc.
>>
>>33222458
Hype season WAS unreal, but unfortunately it also gave away most of the game's secrets, so it was sort of a mistake in the end.
>>
>>33221700
Not really wanting to sound rude but, are you new to Pokémon?

This lack of information is the same lack of information we had about Emerald, Platinum and even Black and White 2

holy shit. I'm literally done with this "ugh, where's my info" getting spread because this is not something new.

It still sucks but it's nothing new
>>
>>33223026
I'm not trying to complain about the lack of news, it's just the opposite, I'm trying to explain why there's nothing wrong with a lack of news
>>
>>33222248
>not getting gay with Alex
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.