[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Switch Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

I moved on from ultra sun and moon

If you have a switch or gonna buy switch

What features do you want in the game

Do you want gyms back?

Do you want voice actors and orchestrated music?
>>
I'd much rather have gyms than "trials".
>>
>>33220302
>Buying a switch
top lel
>>
>>33220302
Things I want to see:
Gyms
No fucking Festival Plaza
No voice acting
More than 100 new Pokemon
No Z-Moves, instead some new Megas
PWT
>>
>>33220325
>preferring to play Pokémon on a 240p 7 year old handheld by the time this game is released
kekest of the kek
>>
>>33220357
I want Pokemon to move on this
>>
>>33220357
>implying
top lel
>>
>>33220357
Let the 3ds fans enjoy there amazing 3ds games.

Ultra sun and moon looks like a masterpiece. Great swan song for the 240p system
>>
>>33220372
>A new core Pokémon is confirmed for Switch
>A new cord Pokémon is not confirmed for 3DS after US/UM

Who's implying?
>>
>>33220302
>If you have a switch or gonna buy switch
I plan to get one later this year for mario odyssey
>What features do you want in the game
Just make a postgame that's all I want
>Do you want gyms back?
Obviously
>Do you want voice actors and orchestrated music?
Fuck no
>>
Open World non-linear game.
Adapt to Pokémon what BotW did to Zelda.
>>
>>33220424
You're implying that I'm waiting for a 3ds game, they can still release a new handhheld.
Also I have to apologize, I'm shitposting because I'm really bored right now.
>>
>>33220440
Actually, this would be pretty awesome. Sadly I don't think we're ever gonna get a non linear open world Pokemon game similar to BOTW.
>>
>Size-accurate models
>evolution mid-battle
>more robust settings, specifically the ability to turn off Amie/Refresh bonuses
>Difficulty options
>more than 100 new mons
>the inclusion of new Megas, regional forms, and exclusive Z-moves for mons that need them
>more QOL, such as skippable cutscenes and the continuation of Ride mons in some form
>interesting region that uses mons not commonly seen rather than kanto#025 for the umptillionth time
>Stop teleporting me to pkmn centers
>learn how to properly use good game design and cluing the player in via indirect communication, not just guesswork and someone mentioning it 20 minutes ago
>an actual postgame that isn't just "go through this battle tower lol" like finding the sages in BW1 for example or including totem battles as midgame or postgame optional ways to obtain Z-crystals

I got a bit semantic with it but all of this is some things I have on my wish list. I expect none of them to happen, though.
>>
>>33220302
GOOD voice acting [Please]
Gyms! [God please return them!]
A Pokemon World/Sandbox
Walking Pokemon or just letting them out of the ball to do whatever. Climb on your shoulder, fly around, hop about. Whatever the fuck they want to do.
Outside of battle interactions 'cut/surf' but with great animations.

Just for a start.
>>
Because it works for pokemon:
> a larger set of new pokemon to keep the dex filling going as that's one of the franchises main appeals
>following pokemon for better world emersion and pokebro bonding
>easy ways to connect to other players
pss was good but the constant "hey, would you like to try this feature/update profile info" pop-ups were obnoxious. Never got to use join avenue because small town and poor wifi at the time, somebody tell me what it was really like. Festival plaza had the right idea with cooperative play/trade/battle/having some useful facilities but the execution was poor.

Things I would prefer regardless of it being pokemon or any other game:
> camera controls
A full 3d world doesn't hold up very well with a locked camera, it's just a trick to ensure fewer objects on screen to limit what needs to be rendered. With more powerful hardware, better optimization, and the input methods to spare for it there is no excuse.
>larger region that actually has stuff in it
>difficulty options
>better/more customization
I hate having colors/items be version exclusive in SM, XY had way better clothes but fewer color options, and having to have a 5 star dye house for every color to get access to everything is terrible. Give us every item in every color in the shops or make it just one dye house that will do all the colors, maybe level it up through use or something to unlock more shades/items or something. Ideally let us wear whatever we want regardless of what player we pick but if not at least give boys equal options. As for the characters themselves we need the same as above for hair and more trainer bases to chose from like in battle revolution or just let us create characters like miis by selecting from pre-built features and changing a few sliders. Dressing up pokemon might be fun but it'd be a clusterfuck unless it's just little things like hats or scarves around their necks.
>>
>>33220710
A proper camera angle we can control would be nice
>>
Would be cool if every single Pokémon had cries like in the anime (Pikachu for example). It would make it sound more authentic.
>>
Gameplay wise, every suggestion I had in my head has already been posted in one form or another by the blessed anons on this board.
I would love to see an open world game with a renewed camera control, as well as all the other juicy features that comes with a new pokemon game.
However, I'm more interested in the story, the new human characters, and the tone Game Freak will go with. Will it be a beautiful environment that conceals a tragic narrative like BotW, a more mature reimagining like Colosseum (14 year old me really wants this, but with more edge), or are they just not going to care at all like in early generations?
>>
>>33220544
>good voice acting
>in a nintendo game

ha, nice one, anon
>>
>>33220302

Some wishful things here:

-60 routes region (45 routes regulary, 15 post game) in the same style as Sinnoh (very complex layout, no straight forward paths like Unova, long routes, many different landscapes (Mountains, Water, Jungle, Dessert, Ice Plains Volcano etc.)

-About 100-120 new pokemon with many details but still not to complex (Gen 2,4,6 style) with 10 legendaries and 30 cross gen evolution.

-A good storyline but instead of stupidly long textes some short informativ textes and battles as catalyst. Please not that many cutscenes as in SM.

-Battle Frontier with 7 buildings, one of them the PWT with all leaders, E4 members and Champs in the post game area, which resembles Sinnoh post game area in layout (a circle with all 15 routes)

-Multiple game/save files. You can choose the difficulty (easy, normal, hard). You can only downgrade during the main story and upgrade after you became champion.

-Very high level curve (Champ strongest pokemon=80 (95 in rematches)

-Both EXP system. Gen 5/7 system during main game to make it harder and 1-4/6 system choosabel after the main game

-VM's returning to have some better overworld puzzles BUT introducing VM slots (you can teach the VM ability to the pokemon without replacing a move for it.

Many post-game secrets. (Secret houses where you can find a legendary, Braille textes etc.)

-450 pokemon dex, while the new pokemon appear more frequently and a part of older pokemon only aviable on some kind of honey trees like in Sinnoh

-Actual transition to Pokemon Colloseum kind of 3D with a third person view. Overworld is more real looking (like Zelda BotW)

-Story ties in with the Sinnoh mythology of the gods for the most likely Sinnoh remake after it.
Region which would fit would be Italy or Greece since both have mythology and gods.
>>
>>33221064
Have there been that many Nintendo games with voice acting?
>>
>>33220325
>he can't afford a few hundred dollars for the Switch
Get a job. It literally costs 2 or 3 days worth of work
>>
>>33221091
No, but all of the ones that have had voice acting have sucked. Before some gay weeb who only likes fire emblem because they saw Marth in smash comes bursting in to tell me how good Fire Emblem's voice acting is -- let me stop you right there by telling you that it isn't.
>>
>>33221101
>Switch now costs 30 grands
>he can't afford a 30000 dollars for the Switch
Get a job. It literally costs 200 or 300 days of work
>>
>>33221131
The only Nintendo game I've played that has voice acting is BOTW and I really liked it. Granted I did play the german version so I don't know how good the english one is.
>>
>>33221276
Great point, anon!
>>
>>33220302
NO voice acting. Character close ups and text boxes might be cool though.

Battle tree/black tower/white forest/any end game battle facility or collection thereof.

Free Wondertrade and non-ranked battles (I will still pay for Nintendo online regardless).

Return of triple and rotation battles.

Eeveelution. Don’t care what type/s.

Super expanded Poke Pelego. More benefits when Pokémon are left in the PC.

Multiple power levels of the E4 (beat them as part of the storyline at lvl 50 or so, then in the end game they are around lvl 70).

BONUS: One Version.
>>
>>33221064
t. Nigger
>>
File: lm1_play.gif (2MB, 289x178px) Image search: [Google]
lm1_play.gif
2MB, 289x178px
>>33221085
My negro
>>
>>33220302
>If you have a switch or gonna buy switch
I have one already
>What features do you want in the game
Some new ones
>Do you want gyms back?
Yeah
>Do you want voice actors and orchestrated music?
no to voice actors, yes to real instruments
>>
>>33220302
Honestly I wouldn't mind if they just had you do a mega-circuit across every gym in the world across every region to compete in some international League event. Slap in an overarching Evil Plot put into motion by the Bad Guys that you have to foil and it'd be a fun romp.

Alternatively I'd like to play a story that has you working as a globetrotting Interpol detective trying to pin down some Rude Dude that's doing Bad Things.
>>
>>33220515
I do not want over 100 new pokemon, I much prefer the gen 4/6/7 method where we get a decent chunk of new pokemon, and then evolutions or forms of old mons
These work best. Gen 5 had a weak pokedex, even if it has my favourite pokemon
>>
File: nintchdbpict000212448030.jpg (198KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000212448030.jpg
198KB, 960x640px
>>33220302
>16 gyms
>Large region based in Australia
>Open world
>At least 100 new pokemon
>Starters being Grass/Dark, Fire/Fairy and Water/Psychic
>No voice acting
>Evolutions of older pokemon (ex: Komala, Pyukumuku, Maractus, Durant, Chatot)
>New Eeveelution(s) (Dragon and/or Steel)
>Real instruments for the games
>Sydney Opera House is a contest hall
>PWT also located in the pokemon version of Sydney
>Post-game island with a city based on Dubai, contains the Battle Frontier
>>
File: 1486517144375.png (220KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486517144375.png
220KB, 1500x500px
>>33220302
>Switch
Haha that console is a piece of shit, it got zero good games. Pokémon won't save it, I mean come on guys people only buys the 3ds because it is a cheap console. No one wants to buy a 300$ meme tablet
>>
>>33220325
This
>>33220357
Still better than an underpowered tablet, the switch will be irrelevant after 3 years, just like the wii u and wii
>>
>>33220325
>he can't find a switch
lol
>>
>>33221999

People who want less new Pokémon shouldn't play Pokémon at all

The Fucking Pokémon Universe revolve around The Pokémon species.
>>
>>33221276
not a real argument
>>
>>33223267
well enjoy ultra sun and moon as your last pokemon game. this thread is for people who have or gonna buy a switch to play generation 8 and d/p remakes
>>
>>33223284
the wii was 3rd highest selling after ps2 and ds. in no way it was irrelevant. Wii u fell off hard after 2 months. First 10 months of wii u was 3.6 million and Switch is already at 4.7 million by june 30th so in less than the 4 months and outpacing the 3ds
>>
>>33220302
Hopefully a port to a successor handheld when the 3DS finally retires.
I like my Switch but holy shit Pokemon should be on handhelds.
>>
>>33224825
the switch is a handheld with a optional hdmi port
>>
>>33221131
Nigga have you played Kid Icarus Uprising AKA best game on 3DS? Because the voice acting in that is stellar.
>>
File: 1500190282495.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500190282495.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>33220302
>Do you want voice actors
Fuck no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcW-mukM6Fs
>>
I want to see them try landscapes with a full scale, something akin to pretty much any other modern JRPG but specifically varied ones along the lines of Xenoblade.
I'd also like to see them attempt replacing random encounters with pokemon in the overworld, but I have no idea how they can make that work.
I think these two would do great with tackling problems I have with the franchise right now. Having to-scale landscapes will make the routes feel much bigger and thus make the region itself feel larger, while the pokemon encounters can add a new element of chasing down the pokemon you want to catch.
>>
All I want is at least 1 semi complex dungeon.

Really, I'd like a larger and more complex world.
>>
>>33224885
I want to smell Nia
>>
>>33221064
BotW is just fine as long as you're not using the retarded English dub.

Thank Arceus they listened to our complaints and included the option to change the vocals.
>>
>>33225293
She has stinky pits though!
>>
File: Disgrun-tEd.jpg (8KB, 168x217px) Image search: [Google]
Disgrun-tEd.jpg
8KB, 168x217px
>>33225391
>Thank Arceus
>>
>>33223153
something is telling me australia will be gen 9
>>
I thought the ultra games were the switch port of sun/moon? what the fuck happened? also what is pokemon stars?
>>
>>33220473
There is a new handheld

It's called the Nintendo Switch and its special feature is that it can link up to a TV and act like a console.
>>
>>33221131
>Implying Xenoblade Chronicles sucked
>>
>>33220302
You have to pay for online, a pokemon game is dead in the water just like animal crossing will be.
>>
>>33220302
Have Switch
Give me PSS back
Give me the Gyms
Orchestrated music, skip the VAs pls
>>
File: 1464791664364.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1464791664364.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>33220440
>>
>>33225472
lol. you will be surpised. sun and moon were dead in 1 month even with free online. pokemon will sell regardless
>>
>>33225569
Watch them make you have to pay to trade pokemon.
>>
>>33225646
If the only game you play is Pokemon. Then you will feel like that.

You still trade locally for free
>>
>>33225654
There are no switch games currently out to justify purchasing it.
>>
>>33225673
I want Zelda, MK8D, Splatoon 2, Arms, Disgaea, and Xenoblade later this year.

SMTV eventually.
>>
>>33220302
A big open world with routes that aren't as linear but most of all make it like poke park where you can just see pokemon living in their natural habitat doing things wild animals would do. Something that I always remember about the old pokemon movies is how the narrator would say "the world of pokemon..." but then when we see it the only birds to appear we're pidgeys. Now we've got way more pokemon that can make up some more diverse ecosystems
>>
>>33224834
You don't really own a Switch, do you?
That shit is cumbersome and clearly marketed as a home console.
The "handheld" g immick is just for going to the shitter or the kitchen.
>>
>>33227036
I have a switch. Its not like the wii u. You can bring the switch anywhere. Its about the size of an iphone 6 plus. This thing is perfect for Pokémon. Its a handheld with the option to playing it on tv. Do you have a switch?
>>
>>33220325
Poorfag detected
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.