[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These will be the first Pokemon games to flop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 18

Even the Japanese are losing there shit over this orange dog reveal
>>
>>33219394
Prove it
>>
Well it's Japanese customers GF cares about, if they won't be buying this then maybe, just maybe GF starts to improve their games again. Fingers crossed, I guess.
>>
Sorry to break it to you but a Pokemon game can't flop
>>
>>33219417
>what is Metroid
>what is Sonic
>what is Call of Duty
>what is Ass Creed
>>
>>33219394
The only way it can be redeemed is if it is competitively ground-breaking (bigger movepool, special ability ecc) aesthetic-wise it's a huge letdown
>>
>>33219422
??
>>
>>33219422
Can't wait to play this Pokemon: Sonic edition
>>
>>33219422
not pokémon :^}
>>
File: 1501989537966.jpg (158KB, 741x316px) Image search: [Google]
1501989537966.jpg
158KB, 741x316px
>>33219427
Pokemon isn't immune to flopping if the games are bad enough.

This is pretty much all you need to know to see that the games are that bad.

>b-b-but there will be more content just buy the game good goyim :^)
Don't need to see shit to smell shit.
>>
>>33219394
Stop spreading you bullshit retard if you don't like Pokémon anymore then stop playing, getting their games, and leave every Pokémon related site once and for all, No point on being here just to complain because they're not spoiling the game this time,fuck off.
>>
>>33219440
>posting this in every thread
stop
>>
>>33219445
Sweetheart, this isn't your personal hugbox.
>>
It's a third version so don't care
>>
>>33219417
Disgusting GF shill right here folks. After the disaster that was S/M GF needes to blow me of my socks to win me back. But all they have to offer are Solgaleo and Lunala wearing armor and orange midday form Lycanroc.

You think that's worth 40 bucks? 3 lazy forme changes? Fucking retard. This franchise is dead. And GF deserves to lose everything.

The fact that you are willing to pay for THE EXACT same games wit 3 minor forme changes is disgusting.
>>
>>33219445
There will be still retards who will maybe consider buying this Jew game even after disappointment after disappointment of a reveal. They should be convinced to the best of our ability to stop enabling shitty industry practices and boycott the game.
>>
>>33219408
The predominant commentary of the japanese fanbase seems to be along the lines of:

(^▽^)(ᗒᗨᗕ) Amazing Masuda-san, OHmori-san, congratulations!! Uguu (≧▽≦) Can't wait! Looking forward!

Yeah, the japs are eating this right up
>>
>>33219459
>disaster that was S/M
Poor delusional anon
>>
>>33219465
Well there goes my hope, then. Maybe skipping this game would be the best idea for me. I just saved 50 euros.
>>
File: 1501462978159.jpg (75KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1501462978159.jpg
75KB, 1191x670px
>>33219408
So, from my understanding, you're saying the games will sell poorly because of Midway Lycanroc?
>>
>>33219469
The only way you could think SM wasn't a disaster is if you hate video games.
>>
>>33219452
Prove me wrong faggot :^)

The """""new"""" Lycanroc """""""""""forme""""""""""""" is pretty much a reflection of the entire game. Nothing they can show us will be an improvement over base SM which was already terrible.

It will be exactly the same, except with four lazy forms added, and the results will show. This horseshit is lucky to break the 75 mark on metacritic. Screencap this.
>>
>>33219445
Oh I'm sorry. Let's go and have a great discussion about this orange doggy. No negativity or criticism for gamefreak there the best.
>>
>>33219459
>The games haven't been released
>Still 3 months left
>Apparently already kows everything about them
Fuck off, and yes I'll pay for the games because I'm sure they will be great sequels like BW2 were. If you won't, it's ok, but leave then, stop crying on the internet over something you don't like faggot.
>>
>>33219479
>50 euros
Lmao
>>
>>33219483
No one can prove you right or wrong, no one knows shit about the game and it's dumb to assume anything based on one thing, stop being a retarded shitposting child
>>
>>33219489
1 Yen has been deposted into your account. Arigato~! t. Jew Freak
>>
>>33219481
No, I didn't say that. Are you illiterate? You need me to make it simple for you?
>>
>>33219489
There not sequals.
>>
>>33219482
>best selling game since DP
>flop
Stay mad
>>
>>33219495
You can't prove that right now just like I can't prove they're not third version.
>>
>>33219492
Then why the recolor? Why did they choose THAT to be promoted first?

Because there's no good content to show at all. Remember when they showed us walking Pokemon during the early HG/SS hype days? Well you can put an end to those hopes because GF doesn't care about quality anymore.
>>
>>33219469
sales=/=succes

S/M are shit. Even poketube shills are tired of it. That's saying something.

>>33219489
This is all there is. This is what they have shown. So this is what the games are. It's pretty simple. There will be nothing new. Orange doggo was their ace, and it fucking backfired. Even Plebbit is shitting on the new forme. I will enjoy watching this franchise burn like it deserves.
>>
>>33219479
There are some sensible japs who are calling this out on being a shitty recolor/saying they wanted more design changes but they aren't even a vocal minority..

It seems only us in the west have brains and can see this carrotwolf for the lazy paintjob it is

Even so, the sales of pokemon games in the west outnumber the japanese ones even if you take murica alone, and even more so with europe/murica/other combined
>>
>>33219506

Because it goes with the anime and how it's progressing so it was going to be revealed anyways
>>
>>33219512
posted too fast...

>so if it flops in the west, maybe they will rethink at least something...
>>
>>33219507
>sales=/=succes
"flop" refers specifically to financial success, you retard

Also youtubers are still playing the game just as much as any previous game, after nearly a year of course it's going to slow down
>>
>>33219494
Whoa, dude. Chill. I replied to the wrong Anon is all. You guys get way too up in arms about these kids games. Shortening your lifespans over this shit. You fuckers are worse than voters during election time.
>>
>>33219394
Honestly, it depends on the demographic breakdown of the people who play these games.

GF can always depend on sales from children who will love the games regardless and adults who enjoy Pokemon casually but aren't fanatics like we are. Our portion of the fanbase CAN'T be that large, honestly.

Because Ultra Sun and Moon will continue to walk and talk like Pokemon games, they'll probably do fine sales-wise.
>>
>>33219505
Go back and watch the Direct. It's explicitly stated their alternate versions of Sun and Moon, not sequels.
>>
>>33219507
Of course sales = success, you fool. Money is all that matters to them.

If lazy games make money, there is no incentive to try harder in the next games.
>>
>>33219530
>If lazy games make money, there is no incentive to try harder in the next games.

this has been their company policy it seems since XY
>>
>>33219526
Yeah, you gotta remember that the wider fanbase actually liked Sun and Moon. So more of that will sell.
>>
You don't get that most "buyers" are kids. GF just has to convince them to try. "Look, it's the game you own and love but better."

Parents wont look that much into it. Think about it, we had plenty of stupid trailers on pokenchi. I remember particularly the ones from BW showcasing places where the camera tilts. It was that ridiculous. But you have all the cast screaming "suugooooi" and that's what it takes to convince a kid.

Meanwhile, neckbeards here don't get they are not their target audience and still hope for a good game.

Unfortunately, we will never see a game for older people because GF likes to pretend the main line is for all ages. (And because they probably wouldn't even be qualifyed to do so)
>>
File: v rates Metroid games.jpg (104KB, 1024x615px) Image search: [Google]
v rates Metroid games.jpg
104KB, 1024x615px
>>33219422
>Metroid
A good franchise that only a bad game almost killed it.
>>
>>33219568
> Yeah, you gotta remember that the wider fanbase actually liked Sun and Moon. So more of that will sell.

Yeah. NO.
There is no majority who secretly likes S/M. Stop trying to paint GF in a good light. S/M are hated across the globe.
>>
>>33219408
SM got the worst rating out of all the Pokemon games on Amazon Japan, around 3-3.5 compared to 4-5. Not everyone there is eating up the bullshit.
>>
>>33219602
Out of 5 that is.
>>
>>33219600
t. never been anywhere outside of /vp/

4chan is where a tiny minority can easily look like the majority
>>
>>33219568
>>33219600
Does any of you actually have any official numbers on that matter? Arguing wether or not people like something without any proof is a whole new level of dumb discussion about tastes.
>>
>>33219422
>>what is Metroid
>>what is Sonic
>>what is Call of Duty
>>what is Ass Creed
none of those were ever good
>>
>>33219602
>>33219624
Never mind
>>
>>33219629
Spotted the underage.
>>
>>33219629
Metroid was decent.
>>
>>33219527
No? They said different story, that could be any of the two.
>>
File: 1486517144375.png (220KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486517144375.png
220KB, 1500x500px
>>33219507
>S/M are shit
This
>>
>>33219663
I am (check one):
[ ] An Xbot
[ ] A Drony
>>
>>33219657
>Go to the pokemon website
>Search Pokemon Emerald
>Read Description
>Search Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
>Read description

And then come back here and share your opinion
>>
>>33219530
This is all speculation, but I don't always buy the argument that GF is just acting lazy.

I mean, yes, Carrot Wolf is actually a pretty awful, lazy new form. But I do wonder how much of GF's staff totally moves on to other projects (like the next generation of games) once the initial titles in a generation are finished in development. Maybe those totally new games take way more effort to create than we give them credit for, Maybe they relegate midquels to a reduced team, or maybe those games are where new hires cut their teeth and prove their stuff. I dunno.
>>
>>33219675
Forgot your option
[x] Nintendrone
>>
>>33219690
[x] PC Master Race
FTFY.
>>
>>33219530
>If lazy games make money, there is no incentive to try harder in the next games
Underrated. Classic example of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I feel like it only works because these games are intended for "stupid," gullible little kids who'll buy anything and everything as long as it's cool and shiny. The mid-teen to adult fans are at an age where they can see through the bs. GF doesn't cater to this group AT ALL—never really has since Pokken, maybe—but as long as that group keeps on buying and the company's formula still works, sales are sales.
>>
>>33219663
>botw
>blunder

just... what?
>>
>>33219694
>no good exclusives
lmao
>>
>>33219680
they have separate teams working on different games and it's never a case of the same team finishing one project and then moving onto the next in line

The separate teams thing has been confirmed in an interview around Unovan times
>>
>>33219679
The closest thing to "different story" there is "more exciting soryline" and that's still too far.
>>
>>33219408
>Well it's Japanese customers GF cares about
2012 was 5 years ago anon.
>>
>>33219702
Its an empty """open world""" game that's devoid of life. Same as any other open world games. Its the worst zelda.
>>
>>33219663
>BotW
>blunder
Since when? And this is coming from an anon who doesn't even play Zelda.
>>
>>33219713
no, USUM literally says "USUM have been powered up with new additions to the story and features of Sun and Moon" ..I don't know how much clearer it has to get
>>
>>33219704
OK, seriously. Call me a Nintendrone if you want, and I'll be the first to agree, but the reason I won't ever give up on Nintendo entirely is I know at least they try. I'll also be the first to agree they don't always succeed (CD-i, Virtual Boy, Wii U, the list goes on), but I do know they're willing to experiment.
>>
>>33219730
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>33219730
Valid opinion, but you're in the minority as far as calling BotW a total blunder goes, though. Blunder is a STRONG word.
>>
>tfw you still have a sealed Pokemon Mon but no motivation to play because SM is so bad compared to other main games.
>>
>>33219422
Those are all series that have mediocre games that still sold well because of their brand recognition
So Pokémon USUM will sell well too?
>>
>>33219663
I love you blunderanon!

Sorry, you were right. Shit and Poo really are shit!
>>
What is so bad about Sun and Moon? I'm legitimately curious
>>
>>33219944
It has a half an hour long tutorial segment and it generally sucks on replays due small number of new Pokemon and tons of cutscenes.
>>
>>33219394
Everyone has a right to be pissed
Gamefreak should have been giving is news about new features in the game
But instead, we go 2 months without hearing anything, then they're like
"Here's v8 juice version of dog, now fuck off"

It's getting annoying with how much they're avoiding talking about these games. I know it's basically revamped versions of SM, but AT LEAST talk about the game's newest features.
>>
>>33219988
>It has a half an hour long tutorial segment
>it generally sucks on replays due small number of new Pokemon and tons of cutscenes

Yeah, I do agree with the tutorial segment being long and a roster of essentially 80 new Pokémon is disappointing, I won't deny that. But I've seen people talk about it like it's the gosh diddly darn plague and I'm not sure if I agree with that part. What are some other complaints that people have?
>>
>>33220005
That's what happens when you spoil the fanbase by bombarding them with huge waves of information and reveals the first time around. They've gotten the fans so addicted to receiving such a constant flow of info that they're suffering from withdrawal symptoms now that said info seems scarce. This is the most fun I've had on the internet in a while.
>>
>>33219944
Handholding
Cutscenes that can't be skipped
Story revolves around a girl who isn't even a trainer
Fishing mechanic destroyed
No exploration
Trials are mediocre
No surfing exploration
Shitty powerpoint framerate
Festival plaza shit compared to PSS
Rotomdex useless and takes up whole bottom screen
Alolan pokemon slow as fuck and not viable

Basically they added almost nothing of value to the series and removed so much of what was good about Pokemon up to this point.
>>
>>33219944
-removed triple and rotation yet expect anyone to care about battle royale -- it will just get removed too, single and double hegemony is real
-horde battles removed in favor of lopsided single-double wild battles with inscrutable and frustrating mechanics
-shitty linear plastic tourist trap of a region
-violently forces the shittiest gimmick in creation (Z-moves) onto you
-touch screen has been taken over by Clippy who ceaselessly stares at you with huge, blinking eyes
-besides the eyes, the bottom screen only has an useless minimap
-no national dex
-most megas missing and then gated in an attempt to keep people playing
-the great multiplayer interface of XY and ORAS is removed and incorporated into festival plaza
-festival plaza is join avenue but retarded. Shops cannot level up, you must grind festival coins in monotonous minigames involving handwaving and talking to people
-game sync is forced when you connect, making wifi even more sluggish
-basic things like EV training regressed back to monotonous grinding or a mobile-esque waiting game
-customization worse than before -- only short-sleeved shirts and shorts are available. This is not a joke
-overall filled with artificial merch bait - Z moves, rotom pokedex, Lillie, "Nebby". The list goes on
-low amount of new pokemon, most of which are extremely slow
-the cafe at the pokecenter is the most pointless feature ever
-tiresome nostalgia & Kanto pandering
-unbelievable amount of cutscenes and hand-holding -- the first island has gained legendary notoriety for this
-no resolution for any of the plotlines (Zygarde, ultra beasts, pokemon league, team skull & aether)
-fishing available only at specific spots, adding to the feeling of a plastic tourist trap
-riding system is bad. You just teleport some random pokemon out of nowhere so they might as well be items, and nothing interesting was done with the ability to remove different obstacles
-you cannot sit on benches
>>
>>33220084
>Handholding
>Cutscenes that can't be skipped
Fair
>Story revolves around a girl who isn't even a trainer
I personally don't really care too much about the story, but I can see why someone could be turned off by that
>Fishing mechanic destroyed
Eh, I dunno about that. Limited freedom in where to fish can be a turn-off, but I'd rather have fewer spots where I always hook something rather than having to sit through a thousand "not even a nibble" text boxes. Then again you could probably just make it so that you can always hook anything anywhere so yeah, fair complaint.
>No exploration
I disagree. There are optional routes, like the rock smash route with Munchlax on the first island, but I guess they could've done something way bigger in scale than that.
>Trials are mediocre
Trials replace Gyms and I've never found Gyms to be any more or less tiliating gameplay-wise than Trials, except for the boss at the end, in which case I prefer Totem Pokémon because they gave me more trouble than a fair few Gym Leaders have.
>No surfing exploration
It exists, though I guess not to the scale of Hoenn where you can find an optional town through surfing.
>Shitty powerpoint framerate
Fair enough.
>Festival plaza shit compared to PSS
I used neither Festival Plaza nor PSS much, so I can't comment on this.
>Rotomdex useless and takes up whole bottom screen
Fair
>Alolan pokemon slow as fuck and not viable
This is also true. I used only Gen 7 mons for my first playthrough of Sun and I had a lot of trouble not getting outsped.
>>
File: tmp_2438-14937081756451013991520.jpg (113KB, 860x1134px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2438-14937081756451013991520.jpg
113KB, 860x1134px
>>33219422
Not pokemon games
Ever tried reading? Works wonders
>>
>>33219519
Yeah—they'll rethink localizing it.
>>
>>33220150
>removed triple and rotation yet expect anyone to care about battle royale -- it will just get removed too, single and double hegemony is real
Alright, fair enough
>horde battles removed in favor of lopsided single-double wild battles with inscrutable and frustrating mechanics
I can see this being irritable from the perspective of EV-training and Shiny Hunting, however I find that SOS Battles can get a bit dicey if you're not careful, adding a level of challenge to wild battles that I've never really encountered before.
>shitty linear plastic tourist trap of a region
Kinda agree, kinda disagree. The game definitely slaps you on the wrist for wanting to go off on your own when it doesn't want to, but once you're done with that I think it opens up for exploration a bit.
>violently forces the shittiest gimmick in creation (Z-moves) onto you
Well, personally I think that award goes to Mega Evolutions, hahaha. But Z-moves are definitely given a huge space within the main campaign.
>no national dex
I actually did not know this, that sounds pretty shitty, yeah.
>most megas missing and then gated in an attempt to keep people playing
Don't care for Megas at all
>festival plaza is join avenue but retarded. Shops cannot level up, you must grind festival coins in monotonous minigames involving handwaving and talking to people
>game sync is forced when you connect, making wifi even more sluggish
Didn't make use of the Wi-Fi connectivity much, but I can see this being a gripe for people who do.
>basic things like EV training regressed back to monotonous grinding or a mobile-esque waiting game
Fair
>customization worse than before -- only short-sleeved shirts and shorts are available. This is not a joke
Be that as it may, yet I enjoyed and can remember more of SM's selection of clothes than XY's
>overall filled with artificial merch bait - Z moves, rotom pokedex, Lillie, "Nebby". The list goes on
Fair
>low amount of new pokemon, most of which are extremely slow
True.
>>
>>33220305
Then their franchise will really die out because only like 0.5/3 of their sales come from Japan
>>
>>33220327
Cont
>the cafe at the pokecenter is the most pointless feature ever
Fair enough
>tiresome nostalgia & Kanto pandering
I will have to agree on the point that only Kanto Pokémon getting Alola Forms was pretty beans
>unbelievable amount of cutscenes and hand-holding -- the first island has gained legendary notoriety for this
True
>no resolution for any of the plotlines (Zygarde, ultra beasts, pokemon league, team skull & aether)
I never thought about it, but yeah, all of those kind of just stop being, don't they?
>riding system is bad. You just teleport some random pokemon out of nowhere so they might as well be items, and nothing interesting was done with the ability to remove different obstacles
Funnily enough, people were so glad HMs stopped being a thing, but I kinda want them back as long as the HM moves aren't total garbage. An interesting idea would be to borrow from the Ranger games, in that all Pokémon have a certain field skill that can be used to remove obstacles.
>you cannot sit on benches
Truly the biggest sin in SM, hahaha
>>
>>33219394
are you a gen one faggot?
>>
>>33220346
Most Japanese devs care way more about domestic sales even when it doesn't make any business sense.
>>
>>33220404
yes, and domestic sales are shit compared to western sales, so the franchise would die out when they see that their domestic sales are garbage
>>
>>33219602
Amazon Japan is full of troll reviews. IT's a meme on 2ch to give games low reviews on that site for unknown reasons.
>>
Question.

Do buying used games at Gamestop effect the sales on behave of the dev? If they don't I think I will probably just wait a few days and buy a used copy of either US or UM.

Sad day when I'm willing to give FUCKING GAMESTOP more money than GF.
>>
>>33220376
Us Gen WONners do not like this shit, we haven't liked anything since Gen 2. And that's pushing it.
>>
File: 1496897744330.png (87KB, 945x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496897744330.png
87KB, 945x768px
>>33219459
>Disgusting GF shill right here folks
>using shill as an insult still
>>
>>33220548
They always get at least some share of the sales of any place that sells their franchise
>>
All I ever want out of Pokemon these days the ability to rematch trainers. That's all it takes to sell it to me. The fact that the only people you can rematch are the E4 over and over again just burnt me out. I'd like to think these games might learn from that but I know they won't.
>>
File: tumblr_m97foxKxpG1r2en1ko4_1280.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m97foxKxpG1r2en1ko4_1280.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>33220568
I see. Well then I guess I'll have to take a pass on this one. Until GF starts making some effort in their games. I'm done.
>>
>>33220548
Just don't buy in the opening month. A weak opening will get them to panic
>>
>>33220591
play them on citra
>>
>>33219602
Lol Amazon ratings
>>
>>33220630
It's not just amazon ratings even the message boards

They had ratings and sun and moon were the first games that got the x ratings
>>
>>33220084
So kinda like BW
>>
Since when does /vp/ hate SM?
It seems like reception for it here was actually relatively positive for a while, at least until a little after USM was revealed
>>
>>33219730
>waaaah i don't like gaem no one is aloud to like game waaaah waaaah
That's fine by you, but calling it a blunder because of your opinion is stupid.
>>
>>33220706
>It seems like reception for it here was actually relatively positive for a while
It's called being hyped about new games. I was hyped to play SM at first but then I realized it was kinda mediocre. I do admit that gamefreak showing everything before they were out did play a role in me getting disappointed.
>>
>>33220706
No it's before. Like Janurary started. Honeymoon pharse was over
>>
>>33220706
It has a great main game but somehow manages to have worse post game and grinding than oras and freaking xy. Then there's the mess that's festival plaza.
>>
>>33219417
He's right though
I'm not very excited about the new Lycanroc, but its a mainline Pokemon game, it's going to sell.
>>
>>33220522
The other 3DS games have nowhere near as many negative reviews as SM. If that was true they would have just as many 1 star reviews, right?

The criticisms of SM many of them discuss are identical to what gets mentioned here, such as lack of exploration, railroading, lack of National dex, Lillie (like not wanting to be her babysitter/not wanting to play a romance cutscenes game), SOS battles, etc etc.
>>
>>33219465
Something about the way it's said feels sarcastic
>>
>>33220775
https://www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/sp/pages/6410.html
>>
>>33220786
That's not a literal quote, but I have seen countless messages saying it is amazing and including the typical japanese emojis. Also messages saying "good job masuda/ohmori-san, congratulations ^^" , and "looking forward!!! I want to raise one^^"
>>
File: download.png (13KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
13KB, 220x229px
>>33220150
>removed rotation battles and triple battles
First of all, who the fuck liked rotation battles. They were removed due 1. Hardware limits or 2. Frame rate issues.
Anon, triple battles in x and y had frame rate issues as well. How are you this dense to forget that? Not only that, there's the 3d backgrounds, the player character model. Which are all high quality models.
>>
>>33221134
Triple and rotation battles had frame rate issues in oras too, especially mega rayquaza and, and or multiple moltress and or sandstream.
>>
>>33219394

Lolno

With Pokemon, the older demographic literally doesn't matter. Right when they start to get disillusioned with the franchise, a newer and younger demographic comes in to replace them, keeping the cycle going.

A person involved with the franchise literally said this in an interview.

Tl;dr Doesn't matter what you think, the kids will buy it.
>>
>>33219394
No matter how much you want them to, they aren't going to flop.
>>
You guys are bitching over a Lycanroc you didn't even bother to use in SM. Piss off, it's a combination of both Midday and Midnight, what the fuck did you expect? Just because we got this small announcement, suddenly USUM will be the worst! Are you retarded or what? You haven't even touched the game, go write you're idiotic comments elsewhere OP ffs.
>>
>>33221231
¥1
>>
>>33219455
This also isn't your "EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE" hugbox
>>
>>33220736
>>33220732
I feel like the praise for SM at least lasted longer than any praise for any game from gen 6
>>
>>33219394
Here's the thing I believe that the games are probably going to flop too, and it doesn't have much to with what's actually going to be in it.

It's because they just don't seem to give a shit about USUM. The last three games didn't sell well because of quality or anything like that. Do you think 95% of consumers are going to actually make an informed decision to buy a game based on how they feel it will compare to an older one? No, many of them haven't even played all of the games, and I don't even say this to shit talk normies, I'm just saying it as a fact. Many people are casual players and they're going to buy a game if they hear buzz about it. That's why XY and SM sold so well, because people were talking about it all year. Even people who didn't play the games were talking about the new shit. GO was a big part of this. Even ORAS had a decent hype season.

Compared with USUM, it comes out in 3 months and we still barely know anything about it. Just about everyone outside of /vp/ and Pokemon/gaming forums has forgotten about it. I just don't think this is going to sell well, purely because normies are going to forget about it. It's a little late now to start marketing the games, sure it will help but there's no way the hype will be anywhere close to the last three, and that's a shame because the quality of some of those games was questionable.

USUM could very well be amazing but unless the pre-release season takes off, almost no one is going to talk about it and it's going to flop. Then again it could also be a fresh coat of paint on Alola and that's why they're quiet. And my opinion on this has nothing to do with yesterday's reveal. I know to never expect much from Pokenchi and I didn't take an issue with that, I'm just disappointed in what the form is to begin with and with how they've been handling the advertisement and the direction of the series. This is probably the first game since Platinum where I was not 100% sold from the beginning.
>>
>>33219422
>Metroid had that weirdo of Sakamoto who is still forcing that Samus is a space ninja with maternal instincts
>Sonic has been always shitty
>Call of Duty suffers from repetitive western development
>AssCreed suffers from Ubisoft shitty development
You forgot to add Zelda too, Aonuma made the franchise a laughable game until changes of the formula started with a link between worlds

Mayve you are right and Game Freak needs a severe slap in their fucking face for becoming such lazyass when they started makin mainline games for the 3DS
>>
>>33219408
Wrong. They only care about ten year old kids.
>>
>>33221949

Fuck off Egoraptor, Sonic's original games were masterpieces

But yes, since then, Sonic has been hit or miss
>>
>>33219394

It's going to sell millions, and OP will be here saying "i-it flopped by Pokémon standards! Five million isn't that much anyway!"
>>
File: images.png (1KB, 91x127px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
1KB, 91x127px
>>33219394
I've skimmed this entire thread and have yet to see an article or proof validating the op's claim that the japanese are upset over "orange dog"

what the fuck is the op talking about? Is he just projecting how he feels about "orange dog" onto other people?
>>
>>33220563
>still using bleach-drinking memes
>>
>>33220732
That's what ruined SM for me, and that's exactly what makes me hopeful for USM. They're barely telling us anything, so nothing big about the game is gonna be revealed to soon.
>>
>>33219506
Maybe because the Ashime is literally 100% of the reason this is being revealed?
>>
>>33219394
What is Crystal?
>>
>>33222188

To be fair GF was still farily secretive, it was the reviewers and data-miners that leaked a shit-ton of information the week before release.
>>
>>33219394
Things that will never happen
>>
>>33219663
Did a sonybro make this?
>>
>>33222247
Well, even if they didn't tell us anything specific about the plot up front, revealing the characters like Lusamine, Lillie, and Gladion I could already tell that the plot twist would be that they're all a family. If they hadn't shown us them beforehand, it would've been much more fun of a reveal when the game pulled it all together. I'm hoping USM actually has a new, deeper plot of some kind, and they put more effort into it.
>>
>>33219506

It was going to be revealed next week anyway due to that being the episode where Ash's Rockruff evolves
>>
>>33220291
>Implying nothing was implyed
Follow your own advice, anon.
>>
>>33219506
Other anon have already pointed out, they had to reveal it now.

But you have a point in that they never made another feature that would make you impressed on the amount of effort put into something that isn't essential for the game.
>>
If they hadn't revealed before the anime episode, then there'd be confusion over whether it's an anime-only form or not, like there was with Ash-Greninja before it was added to SM.
>>
So talk more about how Japs feel about twilight doge, they're pretty much fine with it. There's a lot of comments from people liking it, there's comments about if there will be a dawn form that looks more like night form. Some people saying that it's just a recolor of day form and needs more work, but they're relatively low-key comments, they're not going into sperg rage about it like /vp/ is. Most comments about its design on 2ch and news sites slowed down quickly and they're now pretty much just speculating on its competitive use and if it will eclipse day and night forms.
>>
>>33222747
I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt since this game is being made in like one year that any new features are probably going to be worked on up to the very last second.

But it's for that reason that realistically speaking we could also assume that this game is almost entirely just shit that was already half done when SM shipped.

So really when this game comes out I won't shit on the dev team who were probably doing the best they could with extremely little time and resources, but I will blame TCPi for deeming that they need a Pokémon game every year no matter how barebones they're gonna be. And you can expect future games to intentionally leave things out just so they have more to put in the mandatory sequels.
>>
>>33219394
nice projecting
>>
>>33222757
it bugs me that they didn't give it more teeth
>>
>>33222856
vp has sperg rage mode on default
>>
>>33222856
>if it will eclipse day and night forms.
heh
>>
>Emerald, Platinum were best games in franchise
>3rd versions/alternative story
>Gen 7 new games appear to be 3rd version/alternative stories
Will probably be good, but the gamefreak that talked about cramming features into HGSS isn't the same that cut battle frontier because kids like smartphone games.
>>
>>33220291
He's implying that just because a series is popular doesn't mean it's games can't flop
>>
>>33219483
>one pokemon is "pretty much a reflection of the entire game"
ooooh I get it now; youre a fucking idiot
>>
File: 250px-051Dugtrio.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-051Dugtrio.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>33219440
A single Pokemon can reflect the quality of an entire game or generation, huh?
>>
>>33219621
this guy sounds an awful lot like the guy posting Mario Odyssey b8 threads that sound identical to this on /v/. you're being rused
>>
>>33221842

This. I'm so glad I have a way to play 3ds games for free because there is no way in hell I'm paying $40 for DLC.
>>
File: 03.gif (1MB, 172x179px) Image search: [Google]
03.gif
1MB, 172x179px
>>33221231
>it's a combination of both Midday and Midnight

Nice meme but we all have eyes
>>
>>33219512
It sadly doesn't matter how many more sales the west has, Japanese game companies, Nintendo especially, are always centered around their own country's opinions on things. It's why Fire Emblem gets so many releases but it took thirteen years to get another 2D Metroid, Japan loves FE and doesn't care that much about Metroid despite the latter selling better than the former all the way up until Awakening went full waifu-pandering and got tons of NEETbux.
>>
>>33224539
>Wants VGC to remain relevant
>Doesn't provide multiple offline, ingame battle arena with different features to promote EV training, prediction practice, and breeding to younger kids
>Not wanting people to play your game longer trying to get Battle Prints/Marks/Badges
>>
>>33220563
Are you implying it's GOOD to be a shill?
>>
>>33219600
The majority of the fanbase likes every Pokémon game regardless of quality. I hated SM but I accept that fact. There's pretty much nothing Game Freak could do that would drive away the majority of fans besides removing old Pokémon.
>>
>>33220548
You should just get homebrew and pirate, honestly.
>>
"flop"

You wish.
>>
File: stuff.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
stuff.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>33219394

people said this before SM came out too, just want to point that out
>>
>>33222041
5 million would actually be fucking atrocious for them if that's what it was. I don't think they've gone lower than 8 million
>>
>>33224906
The worst selling mainline game was Pokémon Emerald, which still sold 6.32 million copies. Every third version (with the exception of Yellow) has sold worse than every remake, and every remake has sold worse than every first pair.
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon
>>
>>33224947
Thanks. That actually seems to show that if it was 5 million that would be unprecedentedly low. I think judging on that it won't sell as well as ORAS, and if it happens to be shitty we could see it in the range of 8-10 million. If it's good then it could maybe beat out ORAS but just barely.

>sales go in the order of first pair, remake, third version
People have shit taste. Well, if USUM turns out to be underwhelming then I can't blame them I guess.
>>
Orange dog would be a nice thing to keep secret and let the player discover on her own, not some cross promotional shit with the anime.
>>
>>33224993
5 million would be the lowest, but not too far from Emeralds numbers. This is going to be in the vein of a third version, so it won't draw Remake numbers. Above 6.2 would make it about par for the course for what these ones go for.
>>
>>33219394
>first to flop
>forgetting literally everything that came after bw2
Kek
>>
>>33224947
That's how it works dumbass. Take the original core pair. Slap on the three core selling points of 3rd versions, Battle Facility(s), move tutors, and a few new forms. Then you got all the veterans and competitive players going wild. Cheap, easy cashgrab that will satisfy veterans and competitive players.
>>
>>33226463
>forgetting literally everything that came after bw2
>BW 15.15m
>BW 2 8.08m
>XY 15.35m

Yeah right
>>
Can you even flop when it's a lazy cashin that they gave to some interns to do in their spare time?
These games are already extremely cheap for how popular they are, when it comes to something as lazy as this update the profit margin I think is unbreakable.
>>
>>33219394
I don't think I will overcome the failure in sales that was Esmeralda
>>
File: IMG_1637.png (167KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1637.png
167KB, 750x1334px
Poketubers quiting the franchise. The orange dog was last straw
>>
>>33224733
You are such a fucking faggot.
>>
>>33226560
How is that not a good thing?
>>
>>33226560
wtf i love Lycanroc now
>>
>>33226560
Literal nostalgiafags hopefully more of them quit.
>>
File: 1502070425636.jpg (11KB, 379x451px) Image search: [Google]
1502070425636.jpg
11KB, 379x451px
I enjoyed SuMo and I have middling expectations.
>>
>>33219512
What kind of ethnocentrism
>>
>>33219394
You wish. After the booming success that was SM, USUM is BOUND to sell like pancakes. No amount of orange doggo can stop that.
>>
>>33227752
what about 17 orange doggo
>>
>>33220775
Idiot.

They bombed it due to the SOS battles.
>>
>>33219394
USUM's low sales will have fuck-all to do with the dog reveal.

The first factor is parents who are buying this for the kids--kids aren't seeing any ads or hearing news about it, and many parents won't know the difference between "ultra Sun" and "Sun" for Christmas presents

The second is that sequels/third versions just sell less, full stop

The third would be that we are approaching the end-of-life of the 3DS, and you have bitter hold-outs for the Switch game, or people are starting to just buy Switch games instead

Maybe the fourth is poor reception, but when has that mattered? Plus, PWT is going to be revealed and you're all going to be sucking GameFreak's dick by then
>>
>>33219459
Explain why you bought bw2 then
>>
>>33220604
You are a trump voter arn't you
>>
>>33222859
> one year

HOW FUCKING STUPID CAN YOU MOTHERFUCKING BE.
>>
>>33219394

I don't think the game will be bad at all, but I'd really like to know who their marketing team is that thought it was a good idea to reveal that form as the first bit of USUM news. Like, why should we be excited about that? Why would that be the first thing you reveal?
>>
>>33219583

Think about it... one objectively BAD Metroid game almost murdered the series forever so bad that they had to put it in a coma for a while.
I think Pokemon might need a coma.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13648362
>>
>>33220068
I think people just expected more from a Pokemon game. The best way I can describe the feeling I have about the games is "it feels like a vacation away from traditional pokemon games. It's okay for what it is, but it will hopefully be the exception and not the norm."
>>
>>33219629
>metroid wasn't ever good
Next time don't make your bait so obvious.
>>
>>33226560
>thesuzerain
literalyl who
>>
>>33229585
N
O
T

A
N

A
R
G
U
M
E
N
T
>>
>>33229598
>your argument is shit therefore fuck you
>>
>>33219394

If these games only sell 3 million copies or lower, what will happen?
>>
People need to realize gamefreak is a Japanese company

They only care about Japan.

Sun and moon will be first mainline games of the 1st versions to not hit 4 miĺlion in japan

USM is probably gonna first mainline games to not hit 2 million. Kids in holiday time gonna ask for switches and splatoon and mario not 3rd version of pokemon game that released 12 months back
>>
Casuals don't have enough reasons to buy, and the rest of the community is feeling pretty lukewarm. With the confirmation of Pokemon for Switch, and a lack of substantial news, so far it looks pretty skippable no matter where you lie.

Moreover, it just looks like a downgrade from what they did with the last follow-up games. BW2 as sequels were cool. We got to see the kind of quality that you'd expect from a 3rd edition like Platinum, but with the added bonus of continuing the story and expanding the Region in new ways. Much more of a deal than mere re-release.
>>
>>33219440
>Pokemon is immune to flopping if the games are bad enough
Wow. Good thing S/M are the best in the series, meaning USUM is guaranteed to be better.
>>
>>33227466
As long as TH quits too, I will be fine.
>>
>>33229930
Good one. Made me laugh
>>
>>33219394

pretending to be japan using proxies to dislike Pokémon alternate form is stupid.
>>
>>33229613

Nothing.
>>
I doubt they'll flop (sadly) but I bet the success of SM has made Game Freak complacent. Even though it only sold as well as it did by piggybacking off of Pokemon Go. Hopefully Gen 8 will actually be good.
>>
>>33230969
>pokemon go
Not much as the massive advertising.
>>
>>33219583
>No Hunters
>>
Threads like this sometimes make me think this board is full of retards, which is esta sand when i realize that many of you guys are people on their mid to late 20's.
>>
Sun and Moon were the best Pokemon games since Red and Green and your cynicism will do nothing to change that, faggots.

In 5 years you retards will be praising SM just like you did with BW/BW2. It's a vicious cycle. Screencap this.
>>
>>33231956
I don't praise BW/BW2 and I definitely won't praise SM. It's another five year break from the franchise for me.
>>
>>33219663
>BoTW
>blunder

.. Er, what?

>Odyssey

You do realize it's releasing in 2017, right?
>>
>>33231956
The Zelda Cycle is a meme perpetuated by people who desperately want Gen 6 and 7 to be loved by everyone. A couple years ago everyone said the cycle was just one generation because people here liked Gen 5 and hated Gen 6, but now you've retconned it to the timespan of two generations because most people here still prefer Gen 5 to 6 and Gen 6 is widely panned here.
Admittedly Gen 5 was a case where I disliked its games at first and they grew on me over time, but that's an anomaly, not a cycle. Every other generation I have had the same opinions of since I played them, with the exception of Gen 1 and 2 which have become a bit outdated mechanically even if I still love their aesthetics and design philosophies.
>>33232051
Ignore him, he's a Sony shitposter. He posts the same shitty infographics in every thread, he's just looking for (You)s.
>>
>>33219394
Pokemon main games will never flop. Majority of the fan base it too retarded to not eat any shit thrown at them by game freak.
I didn't buy S/M so I can't comment on their quality but it just didn't seem interesting enough for me to get the games. Same as US/UM.
>>
>>33232059
>Admittedly Gen 5 was a case where I disliked its games at first and they grew on me over time
Did you play BW2 as well, or just the BW? It would be the first time that I've heard of that.
>>
>>33232917
I played BW, didn't like it, played BW2, actually did like it, then replayed BW a couple years later and found myself enjoying it. I think I was just turned off by the "only new Pokémon" gimmick and it soured my experience even though I now really appreciate what they tried by doing that. It's a lot better than nowadays where the Alolan regional dex has more Kanto Pokémon than actual new entries.
>>
>>33224754
Game Freak doesn't care how long people play the games. They jusy care about the moment when the $40 transaction goes threw.
>>
SM sold around 15 million

This will sell at least half due it being just a 3rd/alternate version

So no it won't flop you stupid cunts
>>
File: pokemon-games-chart.png (66KB, 1174x666px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-games-chart.png
66KB, 1174x666px
>>33219408
>Well it's Japanese customers GF cares about
Pokémon has been selling better than in Japan since RBY you dunce.
>>
>>33235452
he never implied otherwise
>>
>>33235452
>Pokémon has been selling better *in the West than in Japan
thats what I get for replying while half-asleep I guess
>>
>>33235452
I wonder how much of a vicious cycle the decreasing sales and declining quality is.
>>
>>33219507
sales equal success by definition
>>
>>33229594
Guy who made Insurgence.
Not a poketuber though.
>>
I’m gonna buy two copies you fuckin homos
>>
>>33236853
>buying 2 versions of the game that released 12 months back

>calling other people homos

It's your money dude enjoy this rehash
>>
>>33219663
>>>/v/
>>
>>33233536
Actually they do because increased play time means customer retention and they want that too if they want to keep consistently getting money.
>>
>>33235452
Because the total population of all other countries is more than Japan, dumbass.
>>
yo kai watch 2 busters was leaked in corocoro. Great news. releasing this holidays. competition for pokemon usm in japan
>>
>>33219440
>Pokemon isn't immune to flopping if the games are bad enough.
Thing is, if the Ultra games are just SM, but with minor tweaks, a lot of people will see it as a success.

I bet many will be all "Hey remember SM? These games are IMPROVED versions, so much better!" Instead of seeing them as "This is the same game I paid for, but with a few extra bells and whistles."
>>
File: 1502042052709.png (156KB, 417x659px) Image search: [Google]
1502042052709.png
156KB, 417x659px
>>33219394
Imagine being this much of an emotional child over a fucking dog
>>
>>33236853
And idiots like this are the reason Game Freak decided to split the third version into two games.
>>
>>33238442
What does this prove? The thread title clearly says Ultra sun and moon
>>
>>33219663
Reminder that this pic was created before BotW was even released.
It's obvious what kind of person is behind this.
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.