[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss Gyms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: gyms.png (35KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
gyms.png
35KB, 375x360px
do you miss Gyms?
>>
Not particularly. Maybe they should try coming up with a new Gym stand-in every other generation from now to keep things a bit more interesting.
>>
>>33219047
me neither.

I'd sooner want them to improve the trials they introduced and would not mind if they coexisted with gyms somehow
>>
>>33219044
Not really. They became less and less memorable with every Generation. Totem Pokémon were one of the few new features that SM did right.
>>
Nope, gyms and trials are the same thing.
>>
>complain about pokemon games being rehashes
>complain about them trying new things
>>
I didn't like trials enough to want replacements. I wouldn't mind both trials and gyms.
>>
I want 'em back, personally. They probably reached a zenith a while back, but they were still more colorful, dynamic, and puzzle-oriented than trials have been so far.

I wouldn't mind if trials gets relegated to optional sidequests for Z Crystals.
>>
I miss triple battles
>>
>>33219044
I miss them having their own version of the gym theme. That was cool.
>>
>>33219044
Yes. But I would like future gyms to be based on a theme rather than types
>>
No, I'm fine with them being replaced, but trials felt underwhelming. Especially fucking Kommo-o.
>>
>>33219146
How about you try to form a coherent sentence for once?
>>
>>33219146
It's about the execution.

Trials are just watered-down Gyms with worse battles and puzzles. The Totems are the only good parts, and even then, they can be powered through very easily.

I like Gyms, but I would be fine with them gone if their replacements were satisfying. I don't think Trials were satisfying.
>>
I actually prefer gyms more so than trials. It'd be cool if there was both in USUM
>>
>>33219044
Not really. >>33219047 has a good idea though. I'd hate to go straight back to gyms after getting a breath of fresh air.
>>
They just needed to do more with trials, most of them were really lazy, but you have to expect that out of GF nowadays.
>>
Gyms were getting pretty stale and transparent. The trials ended up falling into a lot of the same pitfalls but I prefer having an environment that I can walk around in and even go back to and catch some pokemon to a building that I will only ever visit once per playthrough.
>>
Totem Mimikyu was more difficult and fun than any gym I can remember
>>
>>33219044
I so do.
>>
>>33219807
This
>>
File: gf4.jpg (78KB, 507x337px) Image search: [Google]
gf4.jpg
78KB, 507x337px
>>33220503
>Totem Mimikyu
>fun
>>
Yes I want them back

Trials were a neat idea, but horribly executed. Those "puzzles" were shorter than the puzzles of the gyms and were repetive (Rotom camera was used two times, a quiz two times etc. and you fought against the same pokemon over and over again, while trainers in gyms usually have a wider pool of pokemon. Not speaking about the Totem battles, which were pretty much the ace pokemon of a leader: While they're strong, it is the only strong pokemon while the other are wild pokemon level of strong and only are there for the Totem pokemon not to be some total jokes since you can use all six pokemon against one single pokemon. All of them except Wishiwashi and Lurantis were to easy and forgettable.

Also those trial areas take away some space of the region. The volcano on the second island = a trial, the forest=trial etc. while gyms are IN a building, which don't take away region space.
Not talking how sudden and rushed the last seventh trial was and there being only six real trials in generell.

If they have to do it again, then at least ditch those totem pokemon and mix in those Kahunas in them.
>>
I miss hau, do you miss hau? We should give him a maldsda the next time we see him.
>>
>>33219807
Holy shit this. I don't get why people are saying the totems were good when they're all easier than the gyms are.
>>
>>33219667
Fuck off Reddit
>>
File: 1291443428012.gif (258KB, 500x1276px) Image search: [Google]
1291443428012.gif
258KB, 500x1276px
I miss dungeons. Gyms aren't necessary as long as puzzles are elsewhere, the trials were a nice change of pace in a way.
>>
What I want are endgame gyms, with competitive/battle facility rulesets and unique challenges for each.
Trials can be story progression, and gyms can be endgame, would be pretty great I think.
>>
If they make rematching leaders from the begining and not only as a feature for the third game, I would like.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.