[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there still hope?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: ultra-sun-ultra-moon-logo.jpg (91KB, 740x189px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-sun-ultra-moon-logo.jpg
91KB, 740x189px
Is there still hope?
>>
There never was. If you have any standards you would have known that SM are unsalvageable.
>>
>>33217004
/thread
>>
>>33216998
Of course, the third version is the definitive version of the game
>>
There is no hope. USUM will be just a reskin of S/M with extremely minor additions. Its just another cash grab.
>>
>>33216998
No.
There will be no new Alola forms.
The Lycanroc palette swap, Ash-Pikachu, and the Necrozma-armor legendaries are the only new forms.
The story will be almost the exact same, only with Necrozma shoehorned in.
The game being an "alternate universe" only means that they don't have to pay any attention to making the lore or storyline consistent in any way with SM.
The trials will be the same, the characters will all be the same other than one or two extra characters who contribute nothing of value, like an extra Battle Tree partner or two.
There will not be a significant expansion to the postgame, in any form. Certainly no Battle Frontier.
USUM is such a cash grab that Game Freak isn't even bothering to TRY and make it look like an actually different experience. They're not stupid, they know full well that orange Lycanroc looks lazy as fuck. They just don't care. They can produce the game with minimal staff and almost no effort, focusing on the Switch games instead, and still rake in the cash because it's Pokemon.
And even if everyone on the board boycotted the game it wouldn't make a dent.
There is no hope. There is nothing Game Freak will do, and nothing any of us can do.
>>
File: 724Decidueye_Dream.png (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
724Decidueye_Dream.png
56KB, 300x300px
>>33217004
>SM are unsalvageable.

Well if they fix the alolan dex stats, especially a certain owl that should be fast and not fast for no reason. Then maybe it could be saved. No not maybe, it'll definitely be saved.

But expect for fixing the problems,cough cough Lycanroc's, Decidueye's speed ext. they make new pokemons that might suck as much or be completely too OP.
>>
>>33216998
Yes.
Still pirating anyways, even enjoying SM I was burned too much by gen 6 as a whole to risk giving money before playing.
>>
>>33217100

Wow did you get an early copy of the game since you seem to know everything
>>
>>33217122
Go ahead and screencap my post, I'm confident it's 90% accurate at least.
And if I'm wrong, well that's a good thing isn't it? I wouldn't mind being wrong.
>>
File: re.jpg (124KB, 838x399px) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
124KB, 838x399px
>>33216998
>Buy the third version
I dont see the need to buy the same game with small changes
>>
>>33217117
>caring about the speed stat of a few pokemon of all things
Jesus Christ you are dumb and selfish. Making your favorite Pokemon more competitively viable will do absolutely nothing to improve the quality of the games.
>>
>>33216998
>>33217004
>>33217011
>>33217041
>>33217100
>>33217117
>>33217120
>>33217122
>>33217144
>>33217159
>>33217197
>Opening cinematic Lillie returns
>Pokemon Ultra Lillie
>>
>>33216998
yeah, if they reintroduce gyms. not that I dint like trials, but I don't need them twice in a row. especially if they were to be almost exactly the same
>>
>>33217159
Except Emerald changed a lot of things and Platinum actually makes Sinnoh not complete shit like diamond and pearl were.
>>
>>33217197
>whether Pokemon have balanced stats has nothing to do with the quality of the game
The shitty new Pokemon aren't just competitively unviable, they're shit in-game too. The worst offender is Vikavolt, who is stuck as a Charjabug for the majority of the game, and when you can finally evolve it, it completely switches gears from a physical attacker to a special attacker, and remains ungodly slow and isn't particularly bulky. The game punishes you at every turn for trying to train a Grubbin.
>>
I'm actually...conflicted. Revealing the return of the PWT or even the Battle Frontier will rekindle the hype 100% without effort, but you'll still have whiners and bitches who will 180 such a reveal and claim Gamefreak is STILL lazy for rehashing battle facilities.
And then you have the folks who never liked postgame battle facilities in the first place, so nothing would change for them.
>>
>>33217307
the post game battle facilities would be much better if game freak actually knew how to play pokemon
>>
>>33216998
There is hope for me.

But don't listen to me, /vp/. You're probably gonna hate it still.
>>
>>33217159
These where the 2 good 3rd games though.
>>
>>33217337
Well I think the Battle Tree was a step in the right direction, notice how it's pretty challenging but not too hax like the Maison, or how it doesn't pad the first few matches with easy as fuck fights against prevos?
>>
>>33216998
All they bothered to show us are some logos, Necrozuma armor on the Legendaries, and the laziest pokemon form they've ever tried to hype.
My expectations are rock bottom right now.
>>
>being able to skip cutscenes

>shorter tutorial, entire first island is a pain in the ass

>post-game battle frontier-esque facilities, I really enjoyed the rental one

I'd be happy enough with this

>alolan forms for johto pokemon

>gyms

>less linearity

>hau is dead

this would make me very happy
>>
>gen 6 hype
>games turn out dogshit
>gen 7 hype
>games turn out dogshit
>usum are looking dogshit
>could be good?
>>
>>33217356
yeah I totally agree with that, I also don't feel nearly as cheated on as I did in gen 6, but there is still much room to improve
>>
>>33217371
7 is at least marginally better than 6
>>
>>33217424
No

XY >>> ORAS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SuMo
>>
>>33217539
XY/ORAS is a fucking disgrace
atleast 7 graphics actually aren't an eye sore
I can't even go back to 6.
>>
>>33217539
No

SuMo >>> XY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ORAS
>>
>>33216998
All we've seen so far is the box legends and a shitty recolor. I don't think it's enough to judge the rest of the game just yet. In my opinion at least, every third version has been pretty good. I enjoyed playing Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and B2W2 so I'm hoping USUM will be at least a little better than SM.
>>
>>33217539
Shit taste, cunt
>>
>>33217560
>>33217580
Listen here nigger

The graphics may have been shit but the post game was far better in XY/ORAS than Sun/Moon
>>
>>33217631
I'm not a post game fag so..
>>
>>33217643
>m-muh graphics

underage pls go
>>
>>33217368
I want all of this post except
>Hau is dead
I wamt Hau to be grown up and not an annoying child. An actual threat. Still a friendly rival, but a much more competent one.
>>
>>33217664
>m-muh post game

undergae pls go
>>
>>33217197
>Making your favorite Pokemon more competitively viable will do absolutely nothing to improve the quality of the games.

Okay fine, most of what I said is salt that my favorite gen 7 pokes weren't as good as they were supposed to be.

But are really telling me that GF didn't Fuck up to the point that we need stat switching or giving pokemons more moves to that'll make the viable.

Name five pokemons from the alola Dex that are OU and above.
Hard mode: no legendarys.
And tapus and UBs count as legendarys.

And for the record, i'm not rambling about pokemons just simply getting a buff just because I like it. I'm also arguing for the ones that don't make any sense. Give me any good reason for why Decidueye out of all pokemons has 70 speed. You can't defend GF at this point.
>>
>>33217117
that man in an owl costume is so ugly
>>
>>33217758
>give me any good reason for why Decidueye out of all pokemons has 70 speed
Snipers in Fire Emblem typically have low movement stats.
>>
>>33217671
>I wamt Hau to be grown up and not an annoying child. An actual threat.

Looks like it'll be some time before we ever fight another trainer ingame that's an "actual threat". The direction this series is going the games are going to get easier and easier with every new generation.
>>
>>33217758
There's only two without legendaries and UBs: Mimikyu and Toxapex. Alolan Marowak is too if you include the Alolan forms.

All of the legendaries and UBs are in OU or above however, with the exception of Buzzwole, Xurkitree, and Guzzlord.
>>
>>33217368
>less linearity

Yeah, it was kind of annoying to have the game slap you on the wrist for trying to go off and explore sometimes. However, I do appreciate that there were alternate routes that you didn't have to take strewn about for you to explore, I feel that's a step in the right direction. Also,

>evolutions for johto pokemon that can't be saved with just an alolan form

>HMs are back but the moves themselves aren't shit

>explore the difficulty of two-on-one battles a bit more
>>
>>33217117
I fucking hate that thing, i'm glad he sucks
>>
>>33217917
Well thankfully though we will never go as easy as gen 2, at least.
>>
>>33219087
>gen 2

Anon that's not how you spell XY
>>
>>33216998
>check current year
>>2012
No
>>
>>33216998
> nothing new aside from orange doggo and armor wearing box legends

There is no hope. This is literally what USUM is. The EXACT same games bug with 3 """new""" formes. It's shit.

Then again pokemon has been shit since gen5 started.
>>
Honestly, they set the bar too high in ORAS by giving us a ton of new Pokemon in the form of new Megas. Prior games just gave so many special new forms, which you could typically count on two hands.

I honestly can't see how they CAN'T add new Alola forms in these new games, especially in how they seem to be implying that the Pokemon available in Sun and Moon will almost completely be swapped out for ones that didn't appear in those games. But if they didn't for some reason, yeah, I'd be surprised and disappointed.
>>
>>33217100
you caused my depression
>>
>>33217100
You're not working for a suicide prevention hotline, do you?
>>
I don't understand why this board is having such a meltdown over these fucking games. All I can say is that you guys are easily worse than /v/ now that's just sad.
>>
>>33219564
Because the new games are the literal same games we just played with 3 lazy forme changes. That's NOT worth 40bucks.
>>
hope is last to perish, so it really depends on you and whether you have hope

We still know nothing about these game apart the fact that there are 3 lazy paintjobs called forms
>>
>>33219607
Didn't stop you faggots from prasing Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and every fucking remake.
>>
>>33219665
Those were actually good and added worthwhile things. What do these games add? THREE NEW LAZY FORMES.

USUM are dogshit.
>>
>>33217004
I actually consider SM to be the most salavageable pair out of all the recent games.

They left themselves countless opportunities to expand and improve on all fronts. Whether they will, however, it us for debate.
>>
>>33216998
Nope. The game everyone wants will require a massive amount of effort and time to fix. We haven't seen a game with that much effort put in since arguably either BW2 or HGSS. Which were released 5/9 years ago.
>>
>>33219681
Literally the only details though, so calm down faggot. Its like this is the first Pokemon game you've ever waited for.
>>
>>33219732
> three months away
> he expects GF to suddenly start opening the floodgates between now and november

Your positivity is almost endearing anon. But we all know it will be nothing more than it is now.
>>
>>33217833
>Snipers in Fire Emblem typically have low movement stats.

You did read the part were I said, give a good reason, right?
>>
>>33219751
I can't find it but Serebii has a list on his personal Twitter of the time differences of games being announce to first info to release. One of the Gen 5 games barely had any leaks and were still great.
>>
>>33219681
40 bucks just to have a pikachu sprite follow you around, what a great deal.
40 bucks just to have a post-game island, totally worth it, right?
40 bucks just to play pokemon red again with the shittiest pixel art any gba game has ever had, how could anyone resists?
Fuck you.
And the game isn't even out yet.
>>
>>33219782
>BW2 announced 4 months prior to release, but at least announced as sequels
>marketting started 2 months prior to release
>They only showed us enough to know they're sequels with effort put into them

In contrast, USUM have shown us only how little effort has been put into them so far, that's probably the biggest reason people are critical
>>
>>33219788
>FRLG
>Shitty pixel art

Now that just ain't true
>>
File: 1496049812887.jpg (50KB, 543x373px) Image search: [Google]
1496049812887.jpg
50KB, 543x373px
>>33217100
>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW how would argue against that
>>
>>33219503
Finally someone talking sense, they where almost completely silent for the entire run up to Black 2 and White 2 and look how those ended up. You don't need new Pokemon to make a game good, but some new Alola forms would be really good.
>>
File: 146515895657454.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
146515895657454.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>33219503
>they set the bar too high in ORAS
Yeah, that no post game and the features stripped off really exceeded expectations.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.