[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck This is like if Platinum announced a third Shellos,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-422Shellos.png (59KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-422Shellos.png
59KB, 250x250px
Holy fuck

This is like if Platinum announced a third Shellos, and everybody complained that it was "just a lazy recolor of the other Shellos"
>>
There is no third gender, you SJW feminist trash
>>
File: 1362665007393.png (20KB, 102x109px) Image search: [Google]
1362665007393.png
20KB, 102x109px
>>33216399
>This is like if Platinum announced a third Shellos, and then they just made it a green recolor of the pink Shellos with nothing else changed

Fixed.
>>
File: 1501985996685.jpg (204KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1501985996685.jpg
204KB, 1500x1500px
Not if théy took enough features to strike a nice balance. Dusk fanart may as well just be day.
>>
>>33216399
if that was the first and only announcement maybe people would complain. anyways, shellos is a hundred times better than lycanroc anyways.
>>
>>33216408
but shellos forms aren't gender dependent
>>
>>33216399
it's like if that was the only news after a big news drought.
>>
>>33216399
>This is like if Platinum announced a third Shellos and nothing else
ftfy
>>
File: tumblr_ou8swiAVRK1wn9h2lo1_1280.png (261KB, 900x815px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ou8swiAVRK1wn9h2lo1_1280.png
261KB, 900x815px
oh well
>>
>>33216415
That's kind of my point though, is that yeah, no shit it's gonna look a lot like the other form. It:s another form of the same Pokemon. I get the disappointment in it being the only thing announced, that part makes total sense to me. It's weird to show nothing but a new form. But the hatred to the form itself is honestly bullshit, since there's nothing actually wrong with it, and even if it is lazy, it's not really indicative of a decline in quality when they've done it in the past. It's just a thing they added.
>>
>>33216409

>This is like if Platinum announced a third Shellos, and then they just made it a green recolor of the pink Shellos with blue Shellos's feelers pasted on with nothing else changed and called it "deep sea Shellos"
>>
>>33216436
Like I said though, I'm not calling anyone out for complaining about the lack of news, that complaining is warranted. I just find it ridiculous how much people hate the form itself.
>>
>>33216439
If only it had that expression instead of literally being day's undying serious face
>>
>>33216465
and that's the thing anon, the only news we got is that lazy recolor. If we got something else to talk about maybe we didn't even care about Lycanroc, and just don't like the new form insead of hating it
>>
File: 1501979736674.jpg (53KB, 382x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501979736674.jpg
53KB, 382x500px
>>33216399
You fucking retards still don't get it, do you?
>hurr durr nidoran
Not only are they supposed to be gender differences before gender differences became an actual thing, which means they're supposed to look similar, they have different poses, different porportions, different spots, different models, different animations. Not to mention how different they end up looking later down their evolution lines.
>hurr durr latios and latias
They're siblings, they're supposed to look similar. Yet they have different porportions, different eyes, different models, different animations.
And then there's this retarded Shellos comparison. Granted, it's probably the best comparison yet, but these were introduced in the same game and weren't marketed as something to be hype about. Just like the other comparisons people keep trying to make.
You know what's different about Dusk Lycanroc?
It's using the same animations, almost the same model and texture, same pose, same personality, and it's supposed to be a mix of Day Lycanroc and Midnight Lycanroc. Except it's almost indistinguishable from Day Lycanroc, and features almost nothing from Midnight except an added piece of fur. I mean, fuck, just look at this image. It;s just a fucking palette swap.
>>
>>33216516
Honestly, the comparison for the Lycanrocs is more akin to Plusle and Minun.
Two completely different species, yet they look identical in almost every aspect aside from color and the symbol on their tails and cheeks.
And on top of that they're just skinny Pikaclones.
>>
I would agree if the previous two Lycanroc forms didn't already show that the two are completely different from each other. They have different stats and movesets, something that Shellos don't.
>>
>>33216408
>Both sides of Mt.Coronet have a different Shellos form
>Making it about SJWs
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>33216408
>thinking Shellos is based gender form
kys
>>
>>33216409
Don't let this get in the way of OP's baiting
>>
>>33216408
Sure is summer.
>>
>>33216399
>open up mspaint
>recolor it orange
>add a spike on its head
>call it a day
THE BATTLE FRONTIER IS COMING SOON
>>
>>33216578
>The Lycanroc project has started!
>>
>>33216533
At the very least, Plusle and Minun HAVE an excuse since they're supposed to advertise Doubles. Also the plus/minus duo.
>>
>>33216591
Not an excuse. Solrock/Lunatone were created to advertise Doubles as well, and they are not lazy recolors.
>>
I didn't care about Lycanrock the first two times. I don't care about it the third time.

I actually like Shellos/Gastrodon and I'd love a third.
>>
>>33216714
This, desu. New forms don't even have a very profound effect on anything, there isn't really any problem with bringing in more.
>>
>>33216578

I just don't understand. It's not a small team working on these games that decided to cut corners on some random Pokemon that no one cares about. Obviously Gamefreak cares about Lycanroc at least a bit if the anime made a special one just for Ash, so...
Is this really the best they could think of? Is this the bare minimum effort that they were willing to put into this design? Ash Greninja is garbage but at least the design changes from vanilla Greninja. But this fusion of two pretty different Pokemon... is this? This is what Gamefreak thinks people will find acceptable?
And I guess they're not wrong. People actually like this thing despite the wonky palette and almost unchanged model. So I guess it will just be more of this from here.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.