[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The magnum opus of current gamefreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

File: IMG_0064.jpg (166KB, 741x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.jpg
166KB, 741x316px
The magnum opus of current gamefreak
>>
>>33216266
They peaked at get IV.
>>
>>33216266

This is the slippery slope of Ash-Greninja. Enjoy.
>>
the very least they could have done is given its 3d model a different stance/pose than midday's, then i wouldnt need to compare the 2 to determine which palette swap im looking at
>>
>>33216276
Give the frog some credit. It still managed to look different enough from regular greninja.
>>
>>33216266
I'm holding on to hope for the Switch games to be the saving grace for this series.

Right now, USUM is just... embarrassing.
>>
>>33216266
shit tier re-colour
>>
Found the Anime's shillmon
>>
>>33216305
>We know barely anything about USUM
>one pokemon is shown
>"It's going to be the worst game evarrrr"

Jesus Christ, fuck this board
>>
>by this logic, a dawn form should theoretically be a gray midnight lycanroc with yellow eyes and a tail more in-line with midday's
>>
>>33216305
This
>>
>>33216300

You're right anon. Even if Ash-Greninja is ugly at least it's different.

I can't believe this is the bare minimum of effort Gamefreak thinks we deserve.
>>
>>33216338
Maybe Dusk form is what it should have been originally and can stand on its hind legs to fight as well
>>
>>33216329

We've have 3 forms revealed and 3 forms are other things with a palette swap and stuff tacked on. People can be a little critical.

>>33216330

Dusk's tail didn't change from Midday's though, so I don't think Dawn's would.
>>
>>33216329
>We know barely anything about USUM
It's 3 months from release anon. That's why we
re worried. If Ohmori is the director again, USUM has had less than a year of development. The stars don't align well for an unrushed game
>>
>>33216305
still delusional enough to believe Switch games will be god-tier If it's being handled by gamefreak they'll be shit.
>>
>>33216329
Name one time we've been wrong about a games shitty first impression being just as bad as the final product.
>>
>>33216329
Everyone knows what USUM is going to be like. It's not like these are the first new games of a generation, these are third versions of an already shitty game, and their marketing for it is not only horrible, but all we've been shown indicates a subpar product. If all you see is shit, you call it out. You don't want to be that guy who doesn't realize it's shit until it's being shoveled down his throat.
>>
>>33216266
>>
>>33216266
>"people are complaining about lack of new pokemon"
>"well, can't we make new ones?"
>"Nah, let's just recolor Lycanroc and say it's a new form."
Fucking Gamefreak. Just by this reveal the game already looks like shit. I probably won't bother with it, and just wait for the one guy who makes harder versions of pokemon games and download that.
>>
>>33216448
/Thread.
>>
This has gone on for long enough, fucking take the franchise away from Gamefreak and put it in someone else's hands.
Anyone.
>>
File: 1497242267158.jpg (37KB, 460x483px) Image search: [Google]
1497242267158.jpg
37KB, 460x483px
>>33216495
>the Pokemon franchise in the hands of Atlus
>>
>>33216524
But Giratina's design is more in line with Satan than Lucifer and the protagonists are usually battlehobos so you can't form social links. How will that work?
>>
>>33216266
>literally the exact same model with a few things added on top

Jesus fucking christ I'm actually speechless
>>
>>33216266
couldn't it at least have a new expression? fuck
>>
>>33216915
If they couldn't give the MC a new expression, what makes you think they'd do it with a pokemon? That would take minimal effort, something that Gamefreak hates.
>>
>>33216476
>I probably won't bother with it
yes you will. You any every other neet loser whining about the game will absolutley buy it and hate it.
Gamefreak will break another record and in 1.5 years, they'll release a newer shittier game.
Then you'll complain about that... and buy it. Never realizing why the product has turned to shit
>>
I love it.

I really liked the idea of an early game rock type that isn't made of rocks, but I didn't care for either of its evolutions. Midday was boring and Midnight was just kind of ugly. Painting Midday a more unique color really did wonders for it.
>>
>>33217121
I agree, but that doesn't make this any more heinous.

The orange form should have been midday form in Sun, nit some "upgraded special le edition" garbage to sell another game
>>
>>33216274
>They peaked at get V.
Fixed
>>
>>33216300
No it didn't, it's nothing but a recolor with a few spikes added to it.
>>
>>33217827
He's talking animation wise, and he's right.
>>
>>33217209
>Zero Ribbons
Literally the worst gen ever, kill yourself, tasteless normie
>>
>>33216552
>so you can't form social links. How will that work?
>>
File: 1501683210536.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501683210536.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>33216266
This is it. This is the prime example of today's GF design politics.
I lost my ability to feel hype for this franchise a long time ago. In fact I haven't feel hype since the beginnings of XY.

When GF started to imitate other similar franchises with "gimmicks" like megas and formes, in a way they were choosing to lose part of what made their setting and universe uniques compared to the rest.
So I wasn't surprised when XY turned out to be filled with lazy practices and full on the pandering force.
I wasn't surprised when the remakes of my favorite region turned out to be rushed and they made a "joke" about not including the battle frontier.
I wasn't surprised when those interviews came out where they explained why they didn't had the balls to give the games a minimum of difficulty and they practically laughed at the fans.
I wasn't surprised when Alola turned out to be the worst designed region and people started finding unfinished content like if the games had been literally treated as an beta test version.

I'm a person with one of the lowest expectations for this franchise, yet here I am to this day; because I still felt that last glimmer of hope.
And here I am today; aghast.
Not even I, even after the alola formes and the ash-greninja, expected something so lazy and underwhelming. This is a new low.
And people will defend it. They always defend it.

What the fuck. Seriously what the actual fuck is going through GF heads.
>>
>>33216266
Would you like it better if its attack animations had it rearing up on its hind legs like Midnight form to attack?
>>
>>33216266
We Yo-kai watch now
>>
>>33218559
Fuck off, SM were good
Also Notched-Ear Pichu was lazier than this
>>
File: 1497700510713.jpg (783KB, 1130x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1497700510713.jpg
783KB, 1130x1217px
>>33218579
>SM were good
>>
>>33218579
Notched-ear pichu was not presented as big news after two months of silence.
And it wasn't a permanent forme that stuck for the rest of the games. It was just a trivial event/extra.
>Fuck off, SM were good
Kek, nice one.
>>
>>33216329
We've seen some footage of Alola and three new forms of Pokemon. Those three forms are embarrassingly poorly (and lazily) designed, and Alola footage has shown literally nothing promising.

Given these are 'third editions', they are most likely slightly improved experiences to S/M, with a handful of new features. And since that's all we have this close to launch, it's easily reason to worry.
>>
>>33218592
>Notched-ear pichu was not presented as big news after two months of silence.
This is the worst part about you faggots, because somehow them deciding not to info dump every single fucking detail about the game like they did with XY to SM is now a bad idea and "months of silence". Just wait for the information to come out whenever it does, and if you don't feel it's enough feel free to spoil the whole game on Serebii when it comes out before you buy it.
Complaining that the marketing they're doing for a fucking third version of a Pokemon game is not meeting your autism standards is the furthest thing from an indicator of a game's quality that you could find.
>>
>>33216266
It's disappointing for me but I'm looking forward to see what else they offer in Ultra sun and moon
>>
>>33218585
I can't wait for the next generation to come out so that SM becomes the new XY and XY becomes the new BW
This board has been stuck in the same fucking cycle since BW were teased
I miss when saying B/W were linear shit with retarded designs was not the controversial opinion on this board, but now hating SM is the new hotness
>>
>>33218512
oh it's you again. the guy who's sole pokemon playing existence depends on whether there are ribbons in the game. SAD.
>>
>>33218607
You miss the point. The problem is that in the past a thing like this (like the Pichu) would have been just an extra that didn't stuck like a "new pokemon".
But 5 generations later they do the same, only this time they treat it like "wow look at this new design we came up, it's a new lycanroc form!" and they use that shit like important news.
It's not that we want to know more and we want them to spoil their entire game before releasing, you fucking strawmanning retard, it's that the little news we have are pure garbage.
>>
File: 1495061178240.gif (1MB, 581x578px) Image search: [Google]
1495061178240.gif
1MB, 581x578px
>>33218627
Except I still dislike XY, anon. For differents reasons though. XY just felt like a subpar Pokémon game to me, while SM didn't feel quite like a Pokémon game (as in, it was way too linear. Pokémon was never known for being the pinnacle of exploration but it still had some and that was part of the experience. In SM there was nothing to explore).
>>
>>33218635
>only this time they treat it like "wow look at this new design we came up, it's a new lycanroc form!" and they use that shit like important news.
Are you this new to think that the Pokemon Sunday equivalent hyping up irrelevant news is somehow something new to the franchise? Even ignoring that aspect, the fact that we've seen almost nothing of the game, save for a new minor pokemon form probably being shilled for the anime, should be a good indicator that they plan on showing more on the game later.
We still don't know what the game's even about for fuck's sake, have some patience.
only this time they treat it like "wow look at this new design we came up, it's a new lycanroc form!" and they use that shit like important news.
>But 5 generations later they do the same
Never mind, opinion disregarded.

>>33218643
Fair enough, that's a pretty valid opinion and I don't disagree entirely on the linearity thing. Only thing I'd argue is that I think vanilla B/W were just as bad in the linearity aspect.
>>
>>33218627
The cycle is a myth.
The only time there has been a truly "constant change" of conflict and opinions revolves around Hoenn and consequently the jump to gen4, which is heavily related to the amount of people that skipped gen3 during the teenager years.

Gen5 was always polarizing for the way they introduced the new dex, but most of the people who like it still admits the flaws of its linearity. And while the starters, the ice-cream and the rubbish were always cherrypicked for the arguments agains the dex, there were plenty of pokemon that met tons of love from day one like Joltik or the entire Litwick line, who became really popular just after the dex was leaked and we barely knew anything beyond their types and their japanese names (rip Bachuru threads).

XY, ORAS and SM were criticized from the very beginning for dumbing down the experience with pandering, lazyness and hanholding. And while there are people who enjoyed them and defend them, they're still criticized today for those same reasons.

So fuck the zelda cycle retardness honestly.
>>
>>33218684
And unsurprisingly you miss again the main point. You didn't even read the post you quoted, did you summerfag?
It's not about the forme being hyped as news. It's about the forme being glaringly shit, you stupid scumbag.
>>
It's literally the middle between midday and midnight. At least it makes sense. I'd rather have this than something overdesigned like ash-greninja.
>>
>>33218699
>It's literally the middle between midday and midnight
Except for the fact that it's not the middle, but literally the midday model painted orange and with a spike on the head.
The middle would have a different model.
>>
>>33216383
I'm hoping that the Switch game will have Colosseum levels of edge x10.

The area would be half Route 217 and half Black City. The protagonist would have to start (not join) a rebel group against the evil corporations subjugating the city and doing unethical modifications to captured Pokemon.

I know this sound fan-game as fuck, but it would be interesting to see where Game Freak would go with such an idea.
>>
>>33218687
>XY, ORAS and SM were criticized from the very beginning for dumbing down the experience with pandering, lazyness and hanholding.
Save for ORAS, those games had about the same honeymoon phase as B/W where they were being praised for all the new features they added and the new pokemon designs before discussions started turning into shitposting, same thing happened to B/W.
Only difference is that the japanese release before we had worldwide ones and the popularity of the DS meant that BW's honeymoon phase went longer than the worldwide releases after.

>So fuck the zelda cycle retardness honestly.
BoTW shattered everything that has to do with the Zelda cycle so we can be glad about that.
>>
>>33218705
>but literally the midday model painted orange
i.e. the middle between light brown and red.

>and with a spike on the head.
i.e. the midday form with midnight's form spike.

>The middle would have a different model.
It literally is a different model, what the fuck do you think a model is?
>>
File: 1501983611417.jpg (53KB, 382x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501983611417.jpg
53KB, 382x500px
>>33218710
>It literally is a different model
It literally is not. Are you blind?
>>
>>33218713
The spike's part of the model.
>>
>>33218710
>i.e. the midday form with midnight's form spike.
>i.e. the midday form
Exactly.
>>
>>33218716
And the point is that with just that tiny change, the model is 95% the midday form.
So it's not the middle, the middle would be close to have a 50% from each form.
>>
File: 1450735056616.jpg (48KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1450735056616.jpg
48KB, 500x451px
>>33218716
Senpai stop being a smartass. You know what thy mean
>>
>>33218718
I don't think midnight form's model that different, aside from the spike, and the larger front feet.
>>33218719
He was making it sound like it was just a recolour. Which it's not.
>>
>>33216364
4 forms have been revealed so far friend
>>
>>33218723
>I don't think midnight form's model that different
I disagree, but that doesn't matter.
Even if midnight's not that different, they still failed to achieve the middle between the two, because everyone in this board who has looked at it has recognized it as "the midday form with a spike" and that's what's caused the entire shitstorm over here.
>>
>>33218723
Of course it's different, the whole body is shaped differently since it's bipedal, the joints are different, and the way the jaw works is completely different as well.
>>
>>33218737
>but that doesn't matter.
It definitely does. If they are similar like I'm saying, and the only differences are the spike and the front feet, than adding a spike is middle of the road. If they aren't similar, then you'd need to change more.
>>33218742
I don't see it. Those look extremely similar to me.
>>
>>33218745
Congratulations for being able to write in braille.
>>
>>33218748
The fuck does this even mean?
>>
File: image.jpg (370KB, 1371x921px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370KB, 1371x921px
>>33218723
>night's model isn't different

Longer mouth with more teeth
Constant smirk
Floppy ears
rock spikes on the side of its torso
Thinner arms with bigger paws that are more hand like
More slimmer, humanoid torso
Different legs and feet meant for it to more easily stand on two feet

Anon come on now...
>>
>>33218745
Nigga is literally the midday model with a bit of a hair pasted on it. That's not the middle at all.
They didn't change any part of the body proportions and shape, they just pasted a bit of hair. And you fail to understand this.
>>33218752
Do you seriously don't know what braille is?
>>
>>33218758
>And you fail to understand this.
No I don't? I don't really know what you're responding to even, so I can't tell you what you're misunderstanding.

>Do you seriously don't know what braille is?
I do, I just don't know why my post looks like braille. It's just fucking letters, not elevated dots or anything similar.
>>33218753
Okay, those are more differences than I thought. Though, they are pretty subtle I'd say. The leg and torso shape for example is only slightly different. I failed to notice those additional spikes on the side, I thought they were part of the main spike and were also on the dusk form. And the teeth/smirk is just a texture, and I could see the midday form opening it's mouth that far, but fair enough.
I did mention the arms by the way.
>>
>>33218775
>I do, I just don't know why my post looks like braille.
Kek, I got what he meant, and honestly, it's a really simple banter.
So you're either being retarded on purpose, or you are retarded.
>>
>>33218632
(you)
>>
>>33218780
So it's just him calling my post illegible. I just didn't expect somebody to use such a roundabout way of telling somebody's he's retarded. I expected more than a shitpost, my bad.
>>
>>33218789
No, he was calling you blind. And you just confirmed that you're retarded for not getting it.
>inb4 how can a post if I'm blind
Yeah, I'm gonna answer that one for you beforehand: there are adapted computers and blind people can browse the internet. Look it up.
>>
>>33218799
But a blind person doesn't type in braille, they read in braille. Saying I wrote in braille implies that the post is braille, not that I wrote it in braille. They'd still use a regular keyboard to write.
>>
>>33218822
Go look at his shitpost again, he didn't said you wrote your posts in braille, man.
He just implied you were able to write in braille to call you blind for your shit taste.

And honestly? It's such a simple and overused banter that I'm almost convinced you just played retarded, and you're still playing retarded at this point.
If that the case, let me give you a tip, even though I know you're not going to listen: never answer to banter by playing retarded, it looks like a smart move on paper, but it just makes you look like an actual fool. Which is what is happening with your "but I don't understand" retardation of your last posts: at this point it just looks painful and petty.
No harsh feelings seriously, just a honest advice.
>>
>>33218799
I kinda feel bad for blind people browsing 4chan, they don't read words the same way as we do, we just see the words and acknowledge their meaning, but blind people, they actually get to feel the words, feeling literal shit at the tips of their fingers as they browse /vp/ must be quite a painful experience.
>>
>>33218843
>Go look at his shitpost again, he didn't said you wrote your posts in braille, man.
>He just implied you were able to write in braille to call you blind for your shit taste.
That makes even less sense. Now it's even more disconnected from my posts, and blind people would more like use braille to write on the computer, than to just write braille.

>And honestly? It's such a simple and overused banter
Literally the first time that I see it. And it makes absolutely no sense. At least say reading braille or something, braille is mostly written by people that can see.
>>
>>33218843
>>33218860
>And honestly? It's such a simple and overused banter
I see absolutely no occurrence of this in the archives, you'd just a lying piece of shit. Most of the times it's people asking if they need to write it in braille, not saying the other person is writing in braille. At least that makes sense.
>>
>>33218860
Well, you're either actually retarded (which would explain your opinion about the midday form), or a really stubborn guy. I think it's the second so I'll give you that.
Everything you said on that last post has already been explained to you, and I'm not going to repeat myself to a child who is going to listen as much as ten minutes ago.
>>
Well that settles it, see ya brainless losers when the next generation gets announced. If they don't announce anything special and you're still going to buy it, you have extremely low standards and most likely have brain damage.

sayonara
>>
>>33218885
>Everything you said on that last post has already been explained to you, and I'm not going to repeat myself to a child who is going to listen as much as ten minutes ago.
No it's not. Stop trying to cover up your nonsensical "banter" by saying it's common or logical.
>>
>>33218877
Did I say it was specifically overused on /vp/? Fuck off kid.
>>
>>33218901
No, I assumed you meant 4chan. Which is why I check archives of multiple boards.
Did I say I checked only /vp/'s archive? I fucking said "archives", not "archive", you blind fuck.
>>
>>33218899
It was. And you not understanding someone using "braille" to call you blind really outs you as an extreme idiot.
>>
>>33218912
>It was.
Where then? Fucking try to point out where anything about that post you pointed to was explained.
>>
>>33218911
>Which is why I check
*checked
>>
>>33218911
>>33218917
Look kid, the pun is really simple, which is what you fail to understand and what has been explained to you several times:
>post saying you're able to write in braille
>implies you are blind to insult you
It's that simple.
The fact that you don't get that is retarded.
The fact that you're going this far to, I dunno, to defend your "anonymous honor"? Is retarded too.
And the fact that you think the new Lycanroc form is not midday's model with a spike pasted on the head; that's even more retarded.
Conclusion? You're retarded. And that's the only point on my posts, nothing more. You're entitled to disagree, of course.
>>
>>33218941
>which is what you fail to understand
No, I understand it.
Can you just answer the question though?

>And the fact that you think the new Lycanroc form is not midday's model with a spike pasted on the head
I don't think that.
>>
>>33218979
Wait wait, aren't you the guy that said the new form was a middle and that the model was not a copy-paste from midday?
>>
>>33216266

Win for moonbros
>>
>>33216391
Name one time /vp/ HASN'T
>>
>>33218753
the face model is the same anon
>>
File: C6zbVjRU8AAhkYu.jpg (92KB, 1200x1141px) Image search: [Google]
C6zbVjRU8AAhkYu.jpg
92KB, 1200x1141px
>>33218987
It's not a full win if we're never gonna get our lazy night recolor for dawn
>>
>>33218982
I think I am the person that you are thinking of. However, I initially said that the middle is a copy-past of midday (with a spike on it's head). I made plenty of posts since that, with plenty of people pointing out different things however. I'm sure you would've seen that if you weren't blind.
I always thought dusk is a midday but with a spike. I just argumented at first that that's the middle.
>>
>>33218994
Day(and dusk) can't even fully open its mouth like night can
>>
>>33219003
thats the animation
>>
File: 1497844961746.jpg (65KB, 539x635px) Image search: [Google]
1497844961746.jpg
65KB, 539x635px
>>33219005
If one animation can't be done on the other, wouldn't that mean they're not the same? Day sure as heck can't smirk or smile either.
>>
>>33219024
You could most likely animate those things on midday's model though.
>>
>>33218998
Yeah ok, and the disagreement was if that is the middle or isn't. Alright.
Now this entire chain of irrelevant shitflinging between us was about you claiming to not understand the braille-blind insult, but you just said you understood it here >>33218979
And I'd like to ask you free of any resentment, because curiosity is killing me, were you actually feigning ignorance or did you not get the insult at first? Which was it really?
>>
>>33219024
the smirk is a texture, not the model or animation
>>
>>33219033
I didn't get the insult at first, I'm 100% sincere. Now, can you answer my question finally? >>33218917
>>It was.
>Where then?
You explained plenty of things, but not that part. The insult is still stupid and illogical, and far-fetched. And definitely not overused (on 4chan).
>>
>>33219036
>couldn't even texture a smirk on dusk
>>
>>33219048
that would look horrible
specially for an Ash´s pokemon
>>
>>33219043
>I'm 100% sincere
Alright, thank you for it. I guess I'll be sincere too.
That "it was" I admit it was just shitposting randomly because honestly the way you seemed to misunderstand me confused me.
And I guess I chose a bad word with "overused", but really what I wanted to say is that I consider the "braille" pun to be an easy one (definitely not "far-fetched"), specially because I was the one who first called you blind >>33218713 a bit before the other guy posted the "braille" pun.
In my opinion it was easy to get what he meant with that.
No hard feelings.
>>
>>33219078
Okay, so just the word braille is supposed to be a good insult for somebody being blind. Yeah, no. In the context it was used in, and with the previous explanations, it's far-fetched and illogical.
>>
>>33218713
They could, at least, pose it differently, that's the most frustrating
I can excuse this new form looking like a mix of Midday and Midnight, but they could animate it like it's a different Pokemon, not giving it the exact same iddle animation than Midday Lycanroc
>>
>>33219091
Well, I obviously disagree.
It is a good implication of someone being blind.
In the context it was used, you already were called blind once, and since braille is inherently related to blindness; it's really easy to understand that someone saying "congratulations for being able to write in braille" is calling you blind in a discussion were people are arguing over designs and 3D models.
And, also obvious, I guess this is the part where we can only say that we agree in our disagreement, because we're not going to convince the other.
>>
File: OC do not steal.gif (208KB, 222x354px) Image search: [Google]
OC do not steal.gif
208KB, 222x354px
>>33219112
>>
>>33216266
Remember when idiots thought Zygarde would factor into the new forme? What morons. Zycucks on suicide watch again.
>>
>>33219118
>In the context it was used, you already were called blind once
That's not the context I meant. I meant the sentence.
>>
>>33219132
>I meant the sentence.
Sorry, I don't get you.
You mean
>congratulations for being able to write in braille
>>
>>33216329
>believe the game will be good
>literally all evidence available points to the contrary
>>
>>33219137
Yes.
>>
>>33219149
Well of fucking course, if you get the sentence itself out of the context it doesn't mean anything by itself.
I could call my mother and tell her that sentence word by word, and she wouldn't understand what the hell I meant.

But as I said, in the context of this thread, where people was arguing about a 3D model and someone had already been called blind, it's easy to understand that the sentence conveys the insult "blind". You cannot simply take out the context and claim that the literal sentence does not make sense: context is an important and vital part of the meaning of a text.
>>
>>33219179
>Well of fucking course, if you get the sentence itself out of the context it doesn't mean anything by itself.
>I could call my mother and tell her that sentence word by word, and she wouldn't understand what the hell I meant.
Which is why it's a bad insult. Plenty of other insults would work without extended context like that. Just saying "Do I need to write that in braille for you", would make much more sense, and would work without extended context like that.

>context is an important and vital part of the meaning of a text.
But it shouldn't be vital to an insult. Just because you could figure out what it meant in this context, does not mean it's a good insult or that that insult is logical.
>>
>>33219198
>Just saying "Do I need to write that in braille for you", would make much more sense
So the problem for you is not the use of "braille" but how the post was worded? Well, that's not a big deal, is it. I know you'll disagree but both work fine for me.

>Just because you could figure out what it meant in this context, does not mean it's a good insult or that that insult is logical.
Just because it doesn't work outside of the context, doesn't mean it's a bad insult.
Not everything has to work "outside of context"; in discussions and conversations there are many expressions that are meant to work in the context of what is being discussed, and it's not wrong to do that.
You're talking like it is a must, an obligation that an expression is able to work outside any context, which it is wrong. Both are fine: the expressions "anchored" to context and the ones free of it are both used in writing and prose without one type being more common over the other.
>>
>>33216274
Maybe you wanted to say BW2: Black Tower/White Treehollow, PWT, Pokéstar Studios and Movie Stars, Join Avenue, rebattle some Team Plasma trainers like the Shadow Triad and Colress because of the music, and a side-quest were you get a virtual Girlfriend/Boyfriend were things that made BW2 into the best game of Pokémon and the best game they made.

They will never repeat that again and with Ohmori in charge it is almost impossible.
>>
>>33219246
>So the problem for you is not the use of "braille" but how the post was worded? Well, that's not a big deal, is it. I know you'll disagree but both work fine for me.
How the fuck can you not get this from the heavy use of "context", implying it's about the sentence, and the continued discussion of what the sentence means? Holy shit, how stupid are you?

>Just because it doesn't work outside of the context, doesn't mean it's a bad insult.
>Not everything has to work "outside of context"; in discussions and conversations there are many expressions that are meant to work in the context of what is being discussed, and it's not wrong to do that.
>You're talking like it is a must, an obligation that an expression is able to work outside any context, which it is wrong. Both are fine: the expressions "anchored" to context and the ones free of it are both used in writing and prose without one type being more common over the other.
It is absolutely required for that particular insult to make sense, on a sentence level (I'll just explicitely state this, since you might not read the implication otherwise).
>>
File: 1482093164040.gif (33KB, 598x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482093164040.gif
33KB, 598x450px
>>33216266
This is fucking sad.
>>
>>33219269
>How the fuck can you not get this....
Because you're not expressing yourself very well, and you're also wrong.
>It is absolutely required for that particular insult to make sense
No it's not, that insult works just fine in the context of this conversation, and I had no problems to understand it was just another calling you blind for a second time. The fact that it doesn't make sense outside of the context of this thread not only is obvious but irrelevant: the expression was posted in this thread, on a conversation with a context for which it made sense (therefore its use was correct) and achieved it's purpose.
The problem here is that you were too dense to get it, and now are trying to claim that "expressions must never be bonded to a context", a claim to which any writer or linguist would take offense, because that's simply not how the language works.
>>
>>33219332
>Because you're not expressing yourself very well, and you're also wrong.
Explain these please. The only thing I'm saying is that that insult is illogical, doesn't make sense, and is far-fetched, and thus the context outside the sentence doesn't matter because that doesn't make the sentence (the insult) more logical. I am not arguing about the post, I'm arguing about the insult itself.

>The fact that it doesn't make sense outside of the context of this thread not only is obvious but irrelevant: the expression was posted in this thread, on a conversation with a context for which it made sense (therefore its use was correct) and achieved it's purpose.
Then again, you already agree that the insult itself doesn't make sense. I completely disagree that a different context would make a sentence more logical.

>The problem here is that you ... are trying to claim that "expressions must never be bonded to a context", a claim to which any writer or linguist would take offense, because that's simply not how the language works.
I am not. I'm merely saying that this particular insult is illogical, and the only way to judge that is by looking at the insult. That you could get what was meant by looking at the context is irrelevant to if the insult itself was logical. Besides, insults =/= expressions.

Considering you already agree with my main point, that the insult itself doesn't make sense, and that you're a lying piece of shit anyway, I might not continue this conversation.
>>
>>33219395
>The only thing I'm saying is that that insult is illogical, doesn't make sense, and is far-fetched, and thus the context outside the sentence doesn't matter because that doesn't make the sentence (the insult) more logical. I am not arguing about the post, I'm arguing about the insult itself.
The problem is that to judge if an sentence makes sense, you're judging if it made sense when it was used, and you have to take into account both the sentence and the context. You cannot take the context apart and then claim it makes no sense, because the context is part of the meaning. This is basic in writing.
Again, not 100% expressions have to work outside of context, and in fact, when teaching writing it is advised that students learn to use context properly to convey most of the meaning of their sentences with it so they can get used to context as one of the primary tools of the rule of "show, don't tell".

>I completely disagree that a different context would make a sentence more logical.
It doesn't matter that the insult is illogical, the context of that conversation (3D model, yadda yadda) adds sense to it, and makes it logical in that conversation.
>the only way to judge that is by looking at the insult
And you're wrong, because in writing the context is not something separated from the meaning of the sentences used. The context is something meant to accompany the sentences and help them conveying a meaning.
>insults =/= expressions
That's just semantics bullshit. The post has an expression that was used as an insult, call it x if you want.

>that you're a lying piece of shit anyway
And here I thought we could keep civilized. You're just a fucking underage scumbag who is trying to cover his retardation after missing a very simple insult by fabricating bullshit about concepts of writing from which you have no fucking clue. You think your opinions over how context works are fact, but you're just showing that you haven't picked a book in your life.
>>
>>33218723
>>33218716
>>33218710
>>33218699

The poster above is Serebii Joe, he will go through incredible lengths to defend Game Freak
The truth doesn't matter if he can lead you to believe something else
And if he can't, then the truth is simply not a big deal and you're all overreacting
STOP REPLYING TO HIM
>>
>>33219491
Honestly, just because you can understand what it means in this particular context, doesn't make the sentence logical.

>That's just semantics bullshit. The post has an expression that was used as an insult, call it x if you want.
It's not. Saying something must be true because it belongs to a group is a fallacy. Not all expressions are insults.

>And here I thought we could keep civilized.
Sure, keeping it civilized by being a lying piece of shit assuming wrong things and trolling? Yeah right. You should've thought about keeping it civilized before being a piece of shit.

>by fabricating bullshit about concepts of writing from which you have no fucking clue. You think your opinions over how context works are fact, but you're just showing that you haven't picked a book in your life.
You're putting way too much emphasis on this context, while all I'm saying is that this particular sentence is illogical (to which you agreed).
>>
>>33219508
Literally the next post of me, which you didn't quote, is me admitting it's not as much the middle as I thought.
>>
>>33218643
>In SM there was nothing to explore

Wait really? I'm generally curious here, weren't there a bunch of idfferent routes that you didn't have to explore to move forward in the main story? Like the rock smash path with Munchlax or the beach cave on the first island?
>>
>>33219515
>Not all expressions are insults.
I didn't say that at all and you know it.
I said that the post has an expression that was used as an insult, which literally what happened.
>all I'm saying is that this particular sentence is illogical (to which you agreed)
The sentence without the context is illogical, the sentence with the context is logical.
What you fail to understand is that the context is a vital part of the sentence, and analyzing separately only to say one is incorrect is simply wrong.
That sentence we are arguing about was correctly used on that conversation to call you "blind".

>Sure, keeping it civilized by being a lying piece of shit assuming wrong things and trolling?
So if I don't agree with you I'm automatically a "lying piece of shit". It's sad that you have to resort to that huge strawman to validate your ad hominem because the fact that anyone could not agree with you is simply inconceivable to you.
You need to mature.
>>
>>33219515
Is there any reason to post after this? It looks like two anons are so completely assblasted about this guy's design that they have lost the ability to process logical reason.
Fellow /vp/oreons should save their brain cells for the next couple of months when US/UM come out and just let this thread die.
>>
It's suppose to be a form between midday and midnight but they gave it the name of dusk, a thing that happens just before nightfall. It only goes one way, why isn't there a Dawn one then?
>>
>>33219567
because the english translation is flawed
>>
>>33219548
>I didn't say that at all and you know it.
You did? By saying I said "expressions must never be bonded to a context", implies that you think I'm arguing about expressions. I'm arguing about this particular insult, not expressions in general like that statement in quotation marks.

>So if I don't agree with you I'm automatically a "lying piece of shit".
No. I'm basing this on the fact that you admitted to shitposting randomly, by saying stuff that's not true. I'm the only person in this conversation that's been sincere, there's absolutely no reason to believe you or to even try to have a "polite conversation" with a literal shitposter.
>>33219550
In case you haven't noticed, this is absolutely no longer about the design anymore.
>>
>>33219587
So what would be an accurate name for this to represent it going both ways? Twlight forme? I mean, I've seen dawns before and while there's orange it's mostly blue.
>>
>>33219618
yes, it's called twilight in japanese.
>>
>>33219635
Why wouldn't they call it twilight? It's a much better name in my opinion.
>>
>>33219605
>I'm arguing about this particular insult
And I'm saying, again, that the insult was correctly used in that conversation. The fact that you did not get it does not make it a bad insult. And neither does, again, the fact that it needs a context to make sense; that's a normal, and usual thing in all kinds of writing.

And if me admitting that I did wrong previously was not a show of sincerity from that point on then this conversation has been a lost cause since the beginning. Because I really intended (and showed) a more calm and rational conversation leaving the previous resentments behind before you started to throw shit at me for simply not agreeing with you.
You're just saying that you willingly continued a conversation with someone you kept a grudge on, only to spite him later when you didn't manage to change his mind.
>I'm the only person in this conversation that's been sincere
What a childish attitude to have...
>>
>>33219651
I agree, twilight goes both ways just as intended where as dusk implies a one way street.

Now, do you think this one will have better stat distribution than the other 2 or even a better signature move?
>>
>>33216329
that's the point. this is the only thing we know about the game, they're marketing it terribly
>>
>>33219125
KeK
>>
>>33218713
I can kind of see what they were going for here. Dusk is right before nighttime, so it's kind of like it's starting to transition to its Midnight form but was stopped via evolution, so it looks like Midday getting Midnight's mane and its fur is turning colors. If there was a Dawn form it would probably look like Midnight starting to transition to Midday, starting with the mane and colors.

It still looks lazy since it's not even posed differently, though.
>>
>>33219741
Maybe there will be Dawn form.
>>
>>33219635
No it isn't stop spreading this rumor. It CAN be used as twilight but in modern everyday use it's specific all dusk. Same with some other languages. Just because English uses twilight for both dawn and dusk doesn't mean other languages have that flexibility.
>>
>>33216266
There will definitely be a midnight form, right guys?
>>
>>33219682
It'll probably get both and since it's getting pushed so much it's likely that it could be somewhere on greninja level.
I'm welcoming the change, maybe we'll get a strong mimikyu forme as well.
>>
>>33219670
>And I'm saying, again, that the insult was correctly used in that conversation. The fact that you did not get it does not make it a bad insult.
The reason why I'm not responding to these continued claims is because I do not disagree with them by the way. I just don't think that those make the sentence logical.

>And neither does, again, the fact that it needs a context to make sense; that's a normal, and usual thing in all kinds of writing
You'll just keep repeating your stuff then, I'll just say that I disagree.

>And if me admitting that I did wrong previously was not a show of sincerity from that point on
I'm not saying it wasn't, I'm saying you can't really trust a liar.

>you started to throw shit at me for simply not agreeing with you.
Again, not what happened.

>You're just saying that you willingly continued a conversation with someone you kept a grudge on, only to spite him later when you didn't manage to change his mind.
Nope.

>What a childish attitude to have...
What? Being sincere, or not taking everything from shitposters at face value?

See, you're still doing basically the same shit anyway. Lying and arguing with fallacies, you're just hiding it better.
>>
>>33219748
Kind of hope so, just for symmetry's sake, but if there was, why wouldn't they reveal it at the same time as Dusk? Or is that because Ash's Rockruff is evolving into Dusk so they might as well just focus on that?
>>
>>33219757
yeah that's true but I highly doubt they'll release another doge. if there was a second form it would have made more sense to reveal them together
>>
I'm excited to play it. Can't wait.
>>
File: IMG_0552.jpg (19KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0552.jpg
19KB, 218x218px
>>33216381
>it's 3 months from release
That's still a lot of time, anon. A lot was revealed between August and November last year.
>>
>>33219773
Yeah I know I just hate weak arguments.
>>
>>33219781
>a lot
try everything
>>
>>33219758
No, this is the from that takes from both midday and night, midday's body with midnight's hair. it sucks but that's what we get.
>>33219759
it really should have the base stats of a starter pokemon or a pseudo legendary with most of it's high being speed and attack if they want people to use it.
>>
>>33219781
You're right. I'm staying skeptical but I hope that they'll flesh out the story and characters some more to not feel so unfinished.
>>
>>33219764
>I just don't think that those make the sentence logical.
Yes, but your initial complain is that it was a bad insult. To which I say, it isn't, thanks to the context which gives its sense. I didn't even talked about the sentence alone being logical in that last post.
>I'll just say that I disagree
Can you comprehend that I disagree with you too?

>I'm saying you can't really trust a liar
Agree, but there was no actual need after that to start throwing insults again like you did. The same way I showed to be a "liar", you showed to lack demeanor to have a proper conversation.
>not what happened
>nope
Whatever you say.

>Lying and arguing with fallacies, you're just hiding it better
As opposed to what you're doing?
You realize that assuming that what the opponent says are all lies and using that as an argument is a fallacy itself, right?
Hell, do you even realize you just used a fallacy fallacy in that sentence? Look it up, seriously.
And how the hell I'm lying? What are those lies I'm telling now? Everything I told you is that I disagree and why I disagree with you.
What hell man, am I lying about disagreeing with you?
>>
>>33219834
>Yes, but your initial complain is that it was a bad insult.
No, I started with saying that it doesn't make sense. Or more literally, asking how it makes sense.

>Can you comprehend that I disagree with you too?
Obviously.

>you showed to lack demeanor to have a proper conversation.
I disagree. This was never a "proper conversation", mostly because of you.
>>33219834
>As opposed to what you're doing?
Yes?

>You realize that assuming that what the opponent says are all lies and using that as an argument is a fallacy itself, right?
Yes, I'm not using it as an argument.

>Hell, do you even realize you just used a fallacy fallacy in that sentence? Look it up, seriously.
I did not, it was not an argument. Nothing wrong with pointing out fallacies as long as you don't try to argue with it. I am familiar with it, no need to look it up.

>And how the hell I'm lying? What are those lies I'm telling now?
I mean, see >>33219764
>>you started to throw shit at me for simply not agreeing with you.
>Again, not what happened.
>
>>You're just saying that you willingly continued a conversation with someone you kept a grudge on, only to spite him later when you didn't manage to change his mind.
>Nope.
Those are not just reasons for why you disagree, those are (what I assume deliberate) misinterpretations of what I said.
>>
>>33218559
Alola forms were pretty great though, apart from Raticate, Persian and Diglett/Dugtrio.
The real issue with SM was the boring gameplay disguised as original and brand new.
>>
>>33219834
>>33219865
Why don't the two of you just fuck already
>>
I don't even think it will have different stats or abilities. It's going to be competitively the same, just with a different color palette and maybe an exclusive Z-crystal no one will use anyway.
>>
>>33219764
You know how inside jokes don't make sense to people who don't understand the context? The braille comment is like that.
>>
>>33216266
>Dusk form takes on traits of the Midnight form and gets stat boosts to match - 75/125/85/55/85/122 - BST-547
>Dawn form takes on traits of Midday form and gets stat boosts to match - 85/135/85/55/85/102 - BST-547
>"USUM is teh bestest!" -/vp/, 2017
>>
File: Unbenangggnt.png (451KB, 680x541px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenangggnt.png
451KB, 680x541px
>>
Honestly i'm sad that the posterboy of gf current state is a cute doggo
>>
>>33219865
>I started with saying that it doesn't make sense
And then you said it was a bad insult because it does not make sense. To which both claims I disagree.
>This was never a "proper conversation", mostly because of you
The irony is that is that kind of attitude what holds back proper conversations. Anyway, pointing fingers and blaming me from your lack or trust still doesn't automatically invalidate of what I said.
>Nothing wrong with pointing out fallacies as long as you don't try to argue with it
Oh, but you did begin to point out "fallacies" for a reason. You used them to imply that everything I said is invalid. So you do are using them as an argument, and you do are falling in the common fallacy fallacy.
>I am familiar with it
I sincerely doubt it.

>those are (what I assume deliberate) misinterpretations of what I said
>what I assume deliberate
You realize I could say the same about your posts and we would walk ourselves in circles (I mean even more, yeah). "Assuming" never leads to anything at all and it's counterproductive. "Assuming" it's literally "guessing", and you're basing your position towards me on "guesses".
And honestly, I know you don't believe me, you've stated that very clearly, but I'm not misinterpreting anything. I'm just, again, expressing my disagreement (although at this point I should say our "disagreement").
>>
>>33219880
More like fuck off
>>
>>33216266
Best timbelibe :DDD
>>
>>33220018
that works too, thanks anon
>>
>>33219989
As opposed to a cute rat?
>>
>>33220031
I mean the posterboy of gf current lazyness and bad decision making is a cute pokemon that in another circumstance would have been fine.
>>
>>33219995
>You used them to imply that everything I said is invalid.
I didn't imply anything. That's what you're reading into it. I only post what I post.

>You realize I could say the same about your posts and we would walk ourselves in circles (I mean even more, yeah). "Assuming" never leads to anything at all and it's counterproductive. "Assuming" it's literally "guessing", and you're basing your position towards me on "guesses".
Sure, which is why it's in brackets. It's not the main part of that argument. I just wanted you to know my thoughts behind it, without you needing to read implications or something and then misinterpreting those as well.

>but I'm not misinterpreting anything.
You fucking are. I "started to throw shit at you" because you're a shitposter. The timing of it was mostly because you started to basically repeat yourself. And I never "willingly continued the conversation to later on spite you", as I said I'm 100% sincere. I continued it to state facts at first, and then back up those facts because of counter-arguments.
You are misinterpreting those two things. Besides, those are only a couple of examples of your current lies.

>I'm just, again, expressing my disagreement (although at this point I should say our "disagreement").
Overall? Sure. You're using lies to do that though.
>>
>>33216274
Gen IV was one of the lowest points of the series in terms of designs.
>>
>>33220104
>That's what you're reading into it. I only post what I post
>I just wanted you to know my thoughts behind it
>I continued it to state facts at first, and then back up those facts because of counter-arguments
And that's exactly what did too. But it doesn't matter at all because then you just went:
>without you needing to read implications or something and then misinterpreting those as well
>You fucking are
>You're using lies to do that though
And literally your only argument to defend those assumptions is "because I say so".
You're falling in a variant of the classical "what I say is truth and what you say is not", just that in this variant you're using the words "lies" and "fallacies" as buzzwords to invalidate everything I did and will say and shut down any argument the other side may make. And the irony is that you think I'm the one misinterpreting your posts.

You're incapable of conceiving that someone may have a different view or opinion without assuming that guy is a "horrible liar piece of shit", basically, the "I am silly" fallacy.
But I am the shitposter sure, keep thinking that.
>>
>>33220113
>Torterra
>Empoleon
>Vespiquen
>Munchlax
>Mismagius
>Weavile
>Abomasnow
>Froslass
>Rotom and its formes
>Drapion
>Toxicroak
>Garchomp
Wrong.
>>
>>33219144
>literally all evidence available points to the contrary
>literally no evidence available
huh
>>
>>33220166
You're starting to make almost no sense at this point.

>And that's exactly what did too.
No, you were also lying, among other stuff.

>>You fucking are
What's wrong with this? Just the use of the word "fucking"? I continue to explain my reasoning after that you know, that sentence isn't the argument.

>And literally your only argument to defend those assumptions is "because I say so".
I provided examples and proof.

>You're falling in a variant of the classical "what I say is truth and what you say is not"
I literally said some of the things you said are right.

>just that in this variant you're using the words "lies"
Because they are, I know that for a fact because you're saying I said stuff that I never said.

>buzzwords to invalidate everything I did and will say and shut down any argument the other side may make
I am not. Again, me saying you're a liar does not mean that I invalidated everything you said or did because of that. I gave reasons for why I invalidated thing, and I even accepted some. If you're wondering why I'm not arguing about certain things is because I already addressed all relevant things, not my problem you started to focus on my opinion of you.

>And the irony is that you think I'm the one misinterpreting your posts.
Because you are, at least parts of it.

>You're incapable of conceiving that someone may have a different view or opinion without assuming that guy is a "horrible liar piece of shit"
Absolutely not. I already said that I agree that you disagree with me. Thus that your view or opinion is different from me. And I'm saying you're a shitposting liar because of well documented reasons. Also, never said you were horrible.

Your posts are starting to get incredibly stupid. Just filled with fucking misinterpretations, fallacies, and more dickish shit. You're only proving that you definitely are a lying piece of shit. Please, try to not appear like a shitposter if you want to be taken seriously.
>>
>>33220227
>No, you were also lying, among other stuff.
And the only proof you have "is because I say so".
>What's wrong with this?
The "you fucking are?" was answering to the greentext on your own post, implying once more that I'm misinterpreting your posts. And again your only argument for this is "because I say so".
>I provided examples and proof.
Me admitting to commit an error at the start of a more calm discussion (for a while) proves that everything I said was a lie? No, it doesn't.
>I literally said some of the things you said are right
Yes but for the rest of our disagreement you're again assuming that everything I say is a lie or a misinterpretation.
>Because they are
What lies? You never explained those lies specifically.
>I am not
Yes you are, outside of the things you agreed, on the things we disagree, instead of just leaving it like that; just a disagreement, you felt the need to point out "fallacies" and "lies" that simply don't exist. You're the one who started to "focus on your opinion on me".
>Because you are, at least parts of it
Point. Them. Out.
The problem is that you think that I'm doing it on purpose. Which I assure you, I may have understood something you said wrong, but it makes no sense for me to do that on purpose.

>And I'm saying you're a shitposting liar because of well documented reasons
And the need to start and keep on the focus on that was? You've been using the exact same ad hominem for the past hour, alongside your fallacy fallacy.

>That last paragraph
Thanks for proving my point. You're incapable to have a normal conversation with another being without proceeding to throw unprovoked insults.
You may not realize this, but you're the only one showing a hostile behavior, and it's been like this for a while. It didn't start out like that, but you've ended becoming the shitposter.
>>
File: smuggling_cotton.jpg (145KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
smuggling_cotton.jpg
145KB, 420x315px
>>
>>33220330
>And the only proof you have "is because I say so".
>Me admitting to commit an error at the start of a more calm discussion (for a while) proves that everything I said was a lie? No, it doesn't.
>you're again assuming that everything I say is a lie or a misinterpretation.
>What lies? You never explained those lies specifically.
>you felt the need to point out "fallacies" and "lies" that simply don't exist.
>You're the one who started to "focus on your opinion on me".
>Point. Them. Out.
>And the need to start and keep on the focus on that was?
Okay, guess you aren't trying to not appear like a shitposter. I posted proof of this, you just ignored it. These are all examples of misinterpretations, lies, falsehoods, fallacies that try to force me to argue from a point I never agreed to, ignoring extremely clear examples, and just shitposting in general.
You can find an answer to most of your questions in this thread. I'm getting tired of your backpedalling, strawmanning, fact omitting, shitposting ass. Why would I even try and post examples if you just ignore them?
>>
>>33216266
I look at this shit in the morning and ask myself "how can this get any worse?".

These assholes are treating the game production like some last minute grade school homework assignment before summer break.
>>
>>33220534
>I posted proof of this, you just ignored it
No, you just linked once to one of your posts (where you say that you disagree with me, which is fine, and just answer "not what happened" and "nope" among other things) without explaining what were the lies or misinterpretations.
You didn't provided proof or shit at all, and you're straight lying about it (ironic, right?).
>These are all examples
Examples? Again you linked your own post ONE time without explaining what I had misunderstood or lied about.
The rest of the time you just claimed that I lied without any kind of explanation or elaboration.
>that try to force me to argue from a point I never agreed to
I'm not forcing you, and I have no fucking idea what that "point you never agreed to" is.

>I'm getting tired of your backpedalling, strawmanning, fact omitting, shitposting ass
Again, you keep repeating the same shit. But I've done nothing you claim and you can't prove it.
You explained your points, I explained mine, we argued normally for a bit, and at some point in the discussion, you got mad and started the whole "you're a liar piece of shit" for no reason at all, deviating the conversation into pure shitflinging.
I'll repeat it again, you don't see it, but it's really ironic that you keep on calling me of "shitposter".
>>
>>33220648
>>33220104
>You fucking are. I "started to throw shit at you" because you're a shitposter. The timing of it was mostly because you started to basically repeat yourself. And I never "willingly continued the conversation to later on spite you", as I said I'm 100% sincere. I continued it to state facts at first, and then back up those facts because of counter-arguments.
>>
>>33220677
And I told you like three times already, what I did was no different from you: I stated my views, and the things you did not agree with were categorized as me lying and shitposting. Which makes no fucking sense, they're just opinions, why the hell would I lie about that?
And repeating myself? You realize we've both repeated our arguments back and forth trying to explain them better right?
If you add to your previous argument, might as well state why I'm still disagreeing with adding to my previous argument too. That's the natural flow of a fucking discussion.

But at some point the conversation just took this permanent form:
>I think that you're wrong because in my opinion x works like y
>"you lying piece of shit, stop using fallacies"
>I'm just saying what is my opinion, I'm not lying man
>"you fucking are"
Welp. Let me guess, I'm also using fallacies and lying in this post too. Of course.
>>
>>33220785
I literally only post a link to my proof you said I never posted, and you ignore it again to address completely unrelated shit. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>33220180
Yes you mentioned 12 good designs out of 107. But there's also mesprit mine Jr bobsly combee mothim etc
>>
>>33220799
>and you ignore it again
No, that post you linked was already answered at that moment where I did told you the same thing I told you now.

And according to that post, what "justified" you "starting to throwing shit" is that the "timing was because you started to basically repeat yourself", which is a circling argument without any meaning in a normal discussion that I just addressed in my last post.
The rest is you saying that you "continued to state facts at first, and then back up those", but for some fucking reason you assume that when I tried to do that I was just shitposting.
Fucking hell.
>>
>>33220847
Saying that what I posted is "because I say so", isn't answering mate.
>>
>>33220847
At least you admit to lying now.
>There's no proof!
>I already answered that proof!
>>
>>33220884
>ignores the rest of the post
Yeah, and saying that a personal opinion I posted is a "lie" not only is not an argument, but does not make any sense at all.
>>
>>33220894
I never said that post proved shit, faggot.
I just said that I had already answered that nonsense you think it's a "proof" of me lying.
>>
>>33220904
Where did I do that?
>>
>>33220933
Mate, you've been calling "lies" everything I said, including opinions about the original topic, for the past two hours. Don't kid yourself.
>>
>>33220947
Just point out one where I called an opinion a lie.
>>
>>33220956
Literally start to travel back on your own posts, and every two post have that claim.
Meanwhile, you're still unable to provide an actual proof (and not the disturbed nonsense) of me lying.
>>
It literally looks like something from Monster Rancher.
>>
>>33220968
I only pointed out a couple of lies, none of which were opinions. I did call you a liar, but that only means I think you said at least one lie.
If you can't point out a single situation in which I said that a personal opinion of you is a lie, then >>33220904 is basically another example of you lying (or just unrelated as fuck).
>>
>>33220992
Alright then.

>>33220227
>>And that's exactly what did too - (referring to expressing both our opinions)
>No, you were also lying, among other stuff. - (according to you here I was lying about expressing my opinions)

>>33220104
>>I'm just, again, expressing my disagreement - (clearly what I meant is literal: I'm telling you about my personal opinions on the disagreement)
>Overall? Sure. You're using lies to do that though - (here we go)

>>but I'm not misinterpreting anything. - (saying that I didn't misinterpret your opinions, at least not on purpose)
>You fucking are - (your clear answer)

>>33219865
>Those are not just reasons for why you disagree, those are (what I assume deliberate) misinterpretations of what I said. - (in other words, I'm lying when I'm arguing about my opinions, because according to you I'm fucking misinterpreting your arguments)

>>33219269
>>33219395
And a bonus, the start of your hostility, which I still don't understand why it started or how I offended you.

Now, go on. Go on and explain how those aren't calling me a liar for expressing my dissenting opinions while ironically calling me a liar on the explanation. Just go on.
>>
>>33221108
>>No, you were also lying, among other stuff. - (according to you here I was lying about expressing my opinions)
No, I was referring to your posts in general, not the opinions you referred to. I honestly had no idea what you meant with that, as I indicated in that post.

>>>I'm just, again, expressing my disagreement - (clearly what I meant is literal: I'm telling you about my personal opinions on the disagreement)
>>Overall? Sure. You're using lies to do that though - (here we go)
>
>>>but I'm not misinterpreting anything. - (saying that I didn't misinterpret your opinions, at least not on purpose)
>>You fucking are - (your clear answer)
This isn't a lie? You did misinterpret my posts. It's also not calling you a liar because of that? I did say you were using lies, but nowhere pointed to what lies in that. Nothing to indicate it was an opinion.

>(in other words, I'm lying when I'm arguing about my opinions, because according to you I'm fucking misinterpreting your arguments)
No, again, between the brackets isn't the main point.

>which I still don't understand ... how I offended you.
By being a shitposter.
Honestly, seems like you're reading shit that isn't there. Which I already explained isn't what I do. Those aren't calling your opinions lies, those are calling you a liar.
>>
>>33221198
Yeah, nice deviations man. I still don't see your actual proofs of me lying.
>seems like you're reading shit that isn't there
Just like you seem to be reading "lies", "misinterpretations" and "fallacies" where they aren't. Which I already explained too.

And you're confusing "disagreeing with your posts" with "misinterpreting your posts.
Oh, and by the way, I forgot about this part before
>I continued it to state facts at first, and then back up those facts because of counter-arguments
Your stated opinions aren't "facts", and you definitely didn't "back them up".
>>
>>33218710
It is a different model but it's still not an entirely new model. It's just a modified existing model. I think that's what anon was meaning.

Night form has more differences than just a rock spike between its ears, and if they used more of those features it would have been better. Make one ear bent, give it slightly oversized paws, make the tail shorter, give it a little smirk or some expression, put the rocks on its back, shorten the rocks around its neck... There's a lot they could have done to make it a proper "mix".

But they didn't. They took Dayrocs model, copied it, grew its hair, painted it orange, and called it a day.

That's really fucking lazy and says quite a bit about how seriously GF is taking this series.
>>
File: whatsgoingoninhere.gif (475KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
whatsgoingoninhere.gif
475KB, 320x240px
>>
>>33221248
No counterargument? Guess you realize those weren't situations of me saying a personal opinion of you were lies, but just situations of me calling you a liar. Which makes you a liar (in >>33220947), or just a retard. Explanations aren't "deviations", and even if they were, they explain perfectly how those aren't situations in which I called you a liar because of opinions.
I see no reason to continue arguing with a liar and/or retard. I'm not going to point out facts and backups for you, all I wanted to know is if you were a liar or not at this point.
>>
File: 734761347542.gif (448KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
734761347542.gif
448KB, 500x275px
>>33221396
You see anon... I'm no liar. Not really. I haven't cheated once in my entire life.
I made an error at the start of this conversation which I admitted but you capitalized; so I guess we really were doomed at the start.

I'm not a liar... but I do am a retard. I huge imbecile even, for doing my part in this clown show.
I was a retard 7 hours ago when I thought it was worth to explain an incredible easy pun to someone who's as dumb as to not get it.
I was a retard 6 hours ago when I started to discuss about the meta of the insult with you.
I was a retard 5 hours ago as I continued arguing after you showed that you've obviously never studied writing beyond highschool and your grasp of the concept of "context" is very poor.
I was a retard 4 hours ago for not leaving immediately after after you went full ad hominem.
I was a retard for participating in a +3 hour shitflinging about the "who said what fallacy" game.
And now, as I write this final post, I am a huge retard who is only reinforcing the pettiness of our pathetic internet fight and losing about 6 hours of our time to put a ridiculous shitflinging show on this thread.

I am a fucking retard, and you're just a kid who just learned what a "fallacy" is and thinks he discovered a win button.
Early, in one of your posts, you said you never claimed that I was "horrible". Well, funny enough I do think you are a horrible person.
People like you is the reason a nobody can take a huge shit, dry it off, and put it on a gallery under the generalizing banner of "modern art".
And honestly, I think you're such a shit excuse of a human being that I hope your entire family dies of cancer.
But don't get this wrong though, I'm not angry;
I'm just sad and tired.

I think I've made a fool of myself enough with this post, and I'm really too mentally tired to continue this nonsense between two retards.
I'm getting off this train wreck before I go from sad to depressed. Enjoy getting the last reply, you underage sperg. I'm off.
>>
>>33221762
>after you went full ad hominem.
Only because that's the only thing you focused on. I responded to some arguments of you, but you ignored those and instead only posted about my side-notes about how I think you're an asshole.

>you're just a kid who just learned what a "fallacy" is and thinks he discovered a win button.
Again, I never used that as a way of saying your arguments were shit. It was always used as a side-note, or to say you're an asshole. You saying it was my main argument does not make it so.
Only seems fitting that the last post of you still contains mistruths.
>>
File: tumblr_ou9nmwgvyw1rhbzxyo1_500.jpg (57KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ou9nmwgvyw1rhbzxyo1_500.jpg
57KB, 500x539px
>never gonna get a cool recolor for night
>>
File: 1483142507866.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483142507866.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
>>33218512
>caring about ribbons THIS much

No wonder your taste is abysmal.
>>
File: 1497907498530.png (391KB, 608x550px) Image search: [Google]
1497907498530.png
391KB, 608x550px
>>33216495
Give it to Yoko Taro
>>
File: 1473319399925.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1473319399925.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>33218559
Exactly how I feel. You aren't the only one, brother.
>>
>>33219255
Isn't the BW director on the switch game?
>>
File: rats2.gif (1MB, 643x240px) Image search: [Google]
rats2.gif
1MB, 643x240px
>>33219875
Raticate is an improvement, therefore it's good
>>
>>33216524
thanks for finding tonight's fap for me
>>
>>33219255
>le audino bullshit pandering

I hate unobabies so much.
>>
>>33216266
The fuck is this shit? I thought it was the same Pokémon at first
>>
>>33216266
> Just recoloring an established design

That some Ken Penders shit right there.
>>
>>33217209
>They peaked at gen I.
fify
>>
I think dusk form's stats won't change that much just like it's design.
>>
File: 1500930821311.jpg (145KB, 569x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500930821311.jpg
145KB, 569x800px
>>33222358
>>
File: ash pfffftt.jpg (6KB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
ash pfffftt.jpg
6KB, 244x156px
>>33222358
>>33222515
It all makes sense now... they must have a Japanese Ken Penders on board over at Game Freak! Now all we have to do is wait for him to get fired and try and make his claim for owning his precious recolored doggo.
>>
File: 1492266890971.jpg (16KB, 550x421px) Image search: [Google]
1492266890971.jpg
16KB, 550x421px
>>33218579
>Fuck off, SM were good
>>
Just when you think GF has finally hit the bottom, they go lower. And just when you think /vp/ will finally say "ok, that's too far", they defend it with even more vigor.
>>
>>33222904
Yes. S/M is good. Your taste is shit, and no matter how much you spam your shit taste it'll never not be shit. You are a minority. Doesn't matter how vocal you are, S/M are the best in the series and have set a precedent. If you don't like it, drop the series and leave because it sure as hell isn't for you anymore.

This goes for all Anti-SM autists.
>>
>>33222962
>THIS IS THE BEST SHIT IVE EVER EATEN
>>
File: 1501589884701.jpg (42KB, 960x954px) Image search: [Google]
1501589884701.jpg
42KB, 960x954px
>>33222962
>S/M is good
>>
File: 1501015376351.png (247KB, 539x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501015376351.png
247KB, 539x500px
>>33222962
I agree
>>
>>33222975
>>33223075
Not an argument. I literally cannot be proven wrong.
>>
File: pikakiss2.gif (999KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
pikakiss2.gif
999KB, 500x281px
>>33223098
I agree with your agreement.
>>
File: a127811e65.jpg (49KB, 470x740px) Image search: [Google]
a127811e65.jpg
49KB, 470x740px
>>33223104
>have no arguments
>"I literally cannot be proven wrong."
>>
>>33222962
So what makes sun and moon so good to you, let alone the best?
>>
File: IMG_1987.png (512KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1987.png
512KB, 750x1334px
The only problem you spergs have is that the sprite is just lycanroc day

The design isnt uninspired or lazy, the execution is
>>
>>33223548
It's midnight's mane superimposed on midday's model. While they should've made a new model with midday's and midnight's mane, possibly changing a couple of other things as well.
>>
>>33223571
The whole point is that its midday lycanroc slowly creeping closer into midnight.

Tan-orange-red

Eyes going through the light spectrum

Etc.

The anime version looks 10x better, the form is unfairly hated because of lazy spritework
>>
>>33216266
This is worrying.
>>
>>33223591
I assumed the point was that it's the middle between midnight and midday (or vice versa), without a defined beginning.
>>
>>33223548
I don't mind the design itself too much, in fact I kinda like it.

But yeah, the fact that they literally used Midday's model and animations is what annoys me. Same idle stance too. Even Ash-Greninja got more attention and that was basically an easter egg character made for anime fans. They don't let you use Ash-Greninja in their battle events half the time.
>>
File: IMG_1825.png (941KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1825.png
941KB, 810x810px
>>33216274
>get 4
>Gets 4
>>
>>33219255
dubs confirm
>>
File: RH.jpg (51KB, 299x275px) Image search: [Google]
RH.jpg
51KB, 299x275px
Jesus fucking christ I hate how young and cyclical this board is

I remember when gen V was around the corner, DPPt was getting shat on for its myriad issues (bad designs, encounter rates of old vs new mons, caves, games hella fucking slow before plat) as well as some differences of opinion on the more serious story direction. Players who grew up on Hoenn were sucking its dick like it was the epitome of a Pokemon game, and hating on Hoenn became the flavor of the month. There was initially warm reception for BW, and then the bitter and jaded people remaining on the board hated it.

I was briefly on the boards when BW2 was upcoming, and everyone was pissed. There were two camps: "Why are you putting this much dev time into a sequel, just make a new gen", and "Where's my third version that combines black and white, why are you making me buy two games". People were angry.

I started browsing the boards again on the leadup to XY. Lots of people were mad about gen V. The designs were bad, etc. Now people who grew up on gen IV were around the boards, and touting it as the best thing since sliced bread. Familiar.

As I apparently always do because I always come back, I started going on the boards during SM spoilers. Now people who grew up on Unova were saying that gen V was the best shit ever, and XY was absolute garbage and the worst.

There's a pattern here, and it's "Gen N-1 was so bad! Gen N-2 is the best game GF has ever made, they haven't been good since"

We kind of skipped a cycle for the the third version in XY because Game Freak just completely dropped dev of Z in favor of getting gen VII out the door, but you can already see similarities to the BW2 release for people's complaints about USM
>>
>>33219547
>weren't there a bunch of idfferent routes that you didn't have to explore to move forward in the main story?
There were about two, maybe three areas? That's not a lot anon.
>>
File: ac5.png (223KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
ac5.png
223KB, 675x675px
>>33225133
>>
>>33225313
Be honest, you don't even know when this board was made do you.
>>
>>33219255
I'm still mourning the loss of my Pokemon White 2. I had to buy it twice because the first copy inexplicably stopped working, and the second copy vanished. I think some bitch I used to visit is holding onto it behind my back.

It's hard to motivate myself to buy it again. I can only name so many female Tepigs "BaconBits" before it starts to feel manufactured, unlike the first, genuine gril flame broiled pig get.

I blows fucking dick that the Pokemon game I had the most fun with is the only one I haven't beaten to this day.
>>
>>33216266
Dubs.
And you used the whole term incorrectly, please don't repeat words you hear in heavy conversation then rush to apply them online. That's stupid. You're stupid.
>>
>>33226698
Perhaps google sarcasm sometime
>>
File: krustyo.jpg (46KB, 296x320px) Image search: [Google]
krustyo.jpg
46KB, 296x320px
>>33216266
Am I the only one who wants it to be 2019 already so we can leave this godawful gen?
>>
>>33226789
No there are many idiots like you around here, they're called switchfags
>>
File: 1428288207697.png (173KB, 594x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428288207697.png
173KB, 594x480px
>>33220113
>>33220809
>being this tasteless
If your intention is to try and get someone to go full autismo, you've got a good setup.
>>
>>33226801
You will defend this, right?
>>
>>33216406
You're giving a children's game way too much importance. If you don't think you will enjoy it, you shouldn't buy it.
>>
>>33225313
see >>33218687
>>
File: 300px-Shigeru_Ohmori.png (168KB, 300x482px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Shigeru_Ohmori.png
168KB, 300x482px
>more than 2 months of radio silence with no news
>less than 3 months until release
>Ohmori comes out of hiding
>"Guys, there's a Lycanroc now, only this one is colored orange!"
>goes back into hiding

What's his endgame?
>>
>>33227897
He realized that the problem is that the current games are spoiled of all their features before they come out. He's playing it safe and is only making small reveals while not spoiling the best parts of the ultra games.
>>
We deviantart now
>>
>>33216406
So Platinum is shit?
>>
>be me
>Be gamefreak
>Be super lazy, don't feel like going to work
>Fast forward to August
>"Oh shit the deadline for the game is coming up"
>"Uh uh...."
>"FuckIshouldhavegonetowork.jpeg"
>"Wait, why go to work when I can just recolor a Pokemon that sold well to these chumps in the past?"
>Takes lycanroc
>"Hurrr durrr"
>"I'm just gonna make it fucking orange, these dumbasses will buy anything I shit from my ass"
>Releases same pokemon just orange
>Everybody is psyched like retards

This pokemon looks awesome, guise!
>>
>>33228360

Give Deviantart some credit they would've at least changed the expression on it.
>>
>>33225313
>bad designs
stopped reading here
Thread posts: 255
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.