[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decidueye, incineroar and primarina have low speed Literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Starters01.jpg (39KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Starters01.jpg
39KB, 630x420px
>decidueye, incineroar and primarina have low speed
Literally worst starters of any gen.
>>
Ultra SM better give them alternate evolutions.
>>
>johto
>no doubles viability
>feraligatr is the only singles viable one and it still performs poorly
>>
>>33208495
Ultra SM better make me receive them faster so I can fucking box them earlier
>>
They're as good as the average starter, what's the problem?
>>
>>33208497
All three are still worse than Feraligatr.
>>
>>33208547
You're delusional
>>
>>33208488
>all Gen 7 starters have Species Exclusive Z-Moves
>they all are slow and have shit bulk in Defense (Decidueye and Primarina), or in both Defense and Sp. Defense (Incineroar)
Is like they wanted to nerf them since the beginning.
>>
>>33208501
>being a boxfag
>>
>>33208495
>Anime hasn't evolved the starters at all yet
>USUM releasing soon and no news as of lately

???

That's more hopeful thinking because that'd be interesting. Just picture one of the starters evolving and assuming they'll just evolve into the stage you already know so far, but the anime decides to pull your leg and show something entirely different and the main characters get shocked because of not expecting it

might happen with Rockruff, but I'm not sure

anyway, general consensus is, Alola mon are slow Alola mon. People have the right to complain.
>>
>>33208547
Primarina is more brainless to use compared to your fat croc.
>>
>>33208639
Boxfag here. There is nothing wrong with boxing your starter. I did this ever since i got into playing, back in the days of gen 3.
>>
>>33208805
Because Primarina is a girl, they're all brainless.
>>
>>33208835
>Primarina is a girl
poor you
>>
>>33208488
Decidueye's speed is decent though. It's Incineroar and Primarina who has low speed, not Decidueye.
>>
>>33208987
THIS! BASED OWL DOES IT AGAIN!
>>
>>33208987
70 is considered slow in the minds of the Smogonites that seem to compromise the board
>>
>>33208488
Primarina's a monster in Battle Tree/Spot, good in UU and has a niche in OU.

Decidueye has the SD Shadow Arrow set, which is sadly only UU viable.

Incineroar is the only true bad starter of the 3. Other than gaving a niche in VGC, he's terrible in everything else.
>>
>>33208488
Decidueye has rounded stats, which is why lack of Speed is an issue, reminds me of Midnight Lycanroc.

Incineroar has a great ATK stat, although it severely lacks of Speed to make a good use of it.

Primarina is tied with Swampert, both have great typing, with Swampert has bulk and focused on ATK, DEF, while Primarina sweeps with SP.ATK (126) and great Sp. Def (116) despite low Speed.

Out of the batch, Primarina is the best despite the speed cut.
>>
>>33209018
And Incineroar also is objectively hideous barashit! In the end the cancerous catfags who thought they were above all others since the fucking beginning lost... how ironic...
>>
>>33209020
>Incineroar has a great ATK stat
>Out of the batch, Primarina is the best despite the speed cut.
Cancerous bara is cancerous I see.... go fuck off with your bara you barashit literally jsut fuck off you atheist cuck
>>
>>33209005
70 speed is fucking terrible
you are too slow to outspeed anything and too fast for trick room

The only pokemon in that range that don't suck dick are Breloom and Bisharp, and as you may know, they have priority and can force switches, which is something that Decidueye can't do because it sucks dick
>>
File: IMG_0606.png (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0606.png
36KB, 250x250px
>>33208488
With Intimidate, Incineroar might make a splash in VGC. Slow bulky Fire type with Intimidate AND Fake Out is breddy guf. Would probably replace Arcanine on some teams.
>>
>>33208488
True. With primarina being by far the worst. Decidueye is Aight.
>>
>>33209306
How funny how far you abhorrent creatures will go to deny the fact that Intimidate won't change a single thing about the fact that Incineroar is a worthless shitmon that cannot do shit in singles or doubles. Long Reach will boost Decidueye's viability more than Intimidate will boost Incineroar's viability.
>>
Not counting Megas:
Primarina is the 2nd most viable water starter
Decidueye is the 3rd/4th most viable grass starter, with the a chance to rise after tutor
Incineroar is the 3rd/4th most viable fire starter, with a chance to rise after tutor and HA.
And both Primarina and Incineroar are fairly viable in Doubles.
>>
File: primarina.png (66KB, 428x540px) Image search: [Google]
primarina.png
66KB, 428x540px
>>33208835
>Primarina is a girl
>>
>>33208488
Primarina is pretty strong. The other two kinda suck in singles.
>>
>>33209420
Here:
>Primarina is a trap, therefore mental delusions leading to it being brainless.
>>
>>33209337
> solid defenses for VGCs meta
> Dark/Fire solid typing
> Intimidate gives it even more physical bulk
> can use will o wisp to support teammates
> acces to fake out in doubles

Yeah, nah. Incineroar will be good in VGC once it has intimidate.
>>
>>33210640
>Arcanaine exists

No.
>>
>>33208488
Most of the gen 7 pokemon have low speed, so it's not as bad considering that. Still, Decidueye and Incineroar needed better speed, especially since Decidueye is supposed to be fast according to the pokedex. Primarina came out better because no one expected it to be fast, though it still has major flaws like low hp/def and one of the most useless signature moves/hidden abilities.

>>33208510
Greninja raised people's expectations I guess.
>>
>>33211070
It sucks that none of them got lucky enough to get a broken ability or megas
>>
>>33208488
I think Gen 1 (Megas don't count) and 2's starters were far worse than Gen 7's in terms of competitive viability.
>>
>>33208843
>>33209420
>>33209454
>draw a female fakemon
>call it male
>>
>>33211070
>Greninja raised people's expectations
THIS. That fucking frog set the bar for people expecting an OU Staple from Alola's bunch, but from the looks of things none of them were planned to be a shillmon, as that title currently belongs to Lycanroc.
Not only that, everyone's favorite frog swoops in yet again to claim yet another position in fame with Battle Bond, allowing for even more mindgames than before.
In fact, A-Greninja aside, they were probably planning on letting Alola's Dex in general shine for Gen 7's duration with how much slower everything was, but then they decided it'd be a good idea to let in the Tapus and UBs making the entire meta in both VGC and Smogon center around them, their checks, their counters and counter-counters.
>>
>>33208488
Primarina is one of the best starters, though. It has an amazing typing and hits hard as hell.
>>
>>33208639
>Playing any game with characters I don't like

If I don't like any of the starters, why would I play with them?
>>
>>33211243
Because I'm shitposting
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.