[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Set of items that make the holder immune to a certain type,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1477673517235.png (378KB, 1178x502px) Image search: [Google]
1477673517235.png
378KB, 1178x502px
>Set of items that make the holder immune to a certain type, but also decreases both defenses by one stage. Retcon Air Balloon to have this effect.
>Offensive Eviolite
>Weakness Policy-type item that activates when any of the holder's stats are decreased. Stacks with Defiant.
>Consumable item that doubles the first stat change(s) the holder receives. Stacks with Simple.
How fucked?
>>
>>33205158
>>Set of items that make the holder immune to a certain type, but also decreases both defenses by one stage. Retcon Air Balloon to have this effect.

Why not just make the new items work like Air Balloon instead

Also:
>Magic Guard Item: Gives the holder the same effect as Magic Guard (No Status damage, no Hazards nor climate damage and no Recoil damage)
>Ability Nullifier Item: The Holder's Ability gets "deleted" as long as the user is holding the item
>>
>>33205279
I just like my idea more. Plus, now that Thousand Arrows is a thing, I figured I was doing Air Balloon a favor.
>>
>>33205158
>Set of items that make the holder immune to a certain type, but also decreases both defenses by one stage. Retcon Air Balloon to have this effect.
Can be okay for defensive pokemon, as losing defenses might not be worth the immunity. The actual problem would be sweepers that don't care about defenses. A big factor would also be if mold breaker can bypass these items.
>now that Thousand Arrows is a thing, I figured I was doing Air Balloon a favor.
If thousand arrows ignores levitate, which is the ability version of an air balloon, thousand arrows would still bypass your new version of air balloon to hit, unless the immunity it provides is a super special one that can't be ignored, which is dumb. Not that thousand arrows isn't any less dumb but I digress.

>Offensive Eviolite
A jolly scyther's technician aerial ace hits HARDER than an adamant mega-pinsir's return, and one of them has roost. I'll leave it at that.

>Weakness Policy-type item that activates when any of the holder's stats are decreased. Stacks with Defiant.
So if they lower my mon's speed it goes up by 2? This one's actually not bad at all, it would see some use on anti-stickyweb teams. Imagine a bisharp that suddenly has +2 attack and +1.5 speed. A big decisive factor would be if it is a consumable or it can be used repeatedly.

>Consumable item that doubles the first stat change(s) the holder receives. Stacks with Simple.
Zygarde used dragon dance/Volcarona used quiver dance GG EZ

>>33205279
>Magic Guard Item: Gives the holder the same effect as Magic Guard (No Status damage, no Hazards nor climate damage and no Recoil damage)
Shedinja would love this, granted that the opponent ran out of super-effective attacks. Not worth the amount of mons that would become broken with it tho.

>Ability Nullifier Item: The Holder's Ability gets "deleted" as long as the user is holding the item
This one's cool. Make slaking less shit.
>>
>>33205158
>Offensive Eviolite
the biggest fucking meme on the face of this earth.
>>
>Item that while held nullifies the user's ability
Would be useful for Slaking and Regigigas but won't completely break them since they can't use another item at the same time.
It'd also be useful for trick users to get rid of annoying abilities for the match like the terrains.
>>
>>33205520
>So if they lower my mon's speed it goes up by 2? This one's actually not bad at all, it would see some use on anti-stickyweb teams. Imagine a bisharp that suddenly has +2 attack and +1.5 speed. A big decisive factor would be if it is a consumable or it can be used repeatedly.

Reading back on what I wrote and what the OP implied, I'm starting to think the item works by raising Atk and SpA by 2 whenever another stat is lowered? still a cool item, but just wasn't sure if this is the way it worked or not
>>
>>33205158
d dance mega fug with stat change doubler is juicy
>>
>>33205529
The only way I can see it happening is if Eviolite is nerfed from 50% to 30%
>>
>>33205520
>If thousand arrows ignores levitate, which is the ability version of an air balloon, thousand arrows would still bypass your new version of air balloon to hit
Fair enough. Air Balloon would have to be simply replaced for the item to make sense, which is probably a better idea anyway.
>>33205561
That is what I was thinking at first, but part of me likes your version better. It's probably a bit more balanced.

When I started my post I was trying to come up with purposefully broken items, but then I started thinking about fairer ones, and I think I ended up somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>33205541
That isn't how terrain works tho. The ability gets nullified, but the terrain stays. Like with climates.

>>33205579
It may not need a nerf

Reminder that, from 400+ Unevolved Pokemon, there are 3 eviolite users in OU (Two of which were "Fully evolved" at some point, so they had decent stats already, and the third being Doublade, which is only used because Aegislash is banned)

Pikachu gets +100% in both stats, and it is still shit

If we want to check for viable users of Attacviolite, we have to look for Pokemon whose speed doesn't increase when evolving (or that, at least, the difference doesn't matter too much), that they have a role/ability/anything that they can do, and their evolution can't, and/or, that is not better to run the evolution while holding some other item
>>
>>33205158
>>33205158
>Offensive Eviolite
>Meditite now has 588 Atk

RIP NU
>>
>>33205673
Electabuzz comes to mind for being a better special attacker than its evolution already, but even in that good situation it doesn't seem that great
>>
>>33205673
So, after checking a list of possible users:

>Magneton would be faster and much stronger than its evolution

>Scyther is cool I guess, but to slow for my taste, also, 4x weaks to rocks. Maybe next time buddy, UU possibly

>Itemless seadra has the same SpAtk and Speed that Kingdra, so Attacviolite Seadra would be a Specs Kingdra without being locked in any move

>Electabuzz and Magmar are both faster and stronger than their evos thanks to this item. Also, Electabuzz has 105 Speed which is a nice benchmark, unlike Electivire

>Bunnelby tho

>Medittite tho
>>
>>33205762
Also, in case Dugtrio gets banned

>Digglet is much slower, but it still traps things that needs
>Holy fuck Trapinch is a fucking banded Flygon that traps shit
>>
>>33205762
>Scyther is cool I guess, but to slow for my taste
>Electabuzz has 105 Speed which is a nice benchmark
???

Also there's another contender: sneasel. Basically a choice band weavile without the choice. Not as fast, but can hit just as hard.

Not sure how to feel about type: null though.
>>
>>33205673
I know, but fuck Chansey, Blissey doesn't deserve it
>>
>>33205821
My bad, thougth Scyther had 90 speed (was reading Mr Mime's)
Still not a fan of 4x weakness

Other cool stuff
>Cranidos and Rampardos share the same speed, Cranidos having 125 Attack and Rampardos 165. Seems decent, but LO Rampardos seems better
>Duoision has same speed and attack than its evolution
>Combusken is a discount Blaziken
>Anorith is MUCH faster than its evo and doesn't have a really low attack in comparison
>Torracat has higher Attack and much higher special attack, while having much more speed
>lol Type Null

>Many Pokemon become better Trick Room abusers than their evos thanks to being slower and stronger than them, but I'm too lazy to point them all

And I think that is all of the things I saw usable
>>
>>33205951
>Still not a fan of 4x weakness

Hey it's manageable. Look at Vulcorona.
>>
>>33205954
Volcarona has Quiver Dance, much better bulk, much better typing and coverage. Also, Volcarona can run Z-moves to hit its checks hard (which is what made it OU this gen)

Scyther is a slower Mega Beedrill
>>
What about a consumable item that boots the holder's stats (except for accuracy and evasion) by one stage when up against a mega evolution?
>>
>>33205279
>Ability Nullifier Item
>give it to a Klutz mon
What happens?
>>
>>33205158
>Decreases both defenses by one stage
So you're trading an immunity for taking 1.5x damage from everything? Are you retarded? why would you use this?
>>
File: smug triangular bird man.jpg (24KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
smug triangular bird man.jpg
24KB, 550x550px
>>33205541
>he thinks itemless abilityless Regigigas wouldn't be broken
>>
>>33206812
>160 Attack (For reference, Mega Gallade has 165) without being able to boost its stats
>100 Speed isn't that good
>Barely any useful movepool other than Return, Elemental Punches, Knock Off and Bulk Up (Not even Swords Dance I'm pretty sure)

It would be a pretty mediocre Mega Pokémon to be honest, with the advantage of not having Mega Evolve it

And it becomes shit after Knock Off
>>
>>33207445
>110/110/110
>>
>>33205158
>Ability that if a Pokemon runs only one or two types of attacks, it becomes these types and moves get boosted by 30%
>>
>>33205158
>Offensive Eviolite
oh no
>>
>>33207517
>it's good in trick room
Dusion and Kadabra are both worse than their evos with Life Orb
>>
>>33207470
Mega Tytar has 100/150/120 Defenses, 164 Attack, a much better offensive type, and actual movepool, and the ability to Dragon Dance Up

Regigigas best set up move is Bulk Up
>>
>>33207574
>and actual movepool
It's only reliable STAB is Pursuit.
>>
>>33207597
And Crunch, and Stone Edge hits hard ass fuck
>>
>>33208006
>Stone Edge
I said reliable.
>Crunch
Meanwhile Regi has Knock Off which is infinitely superior.
>>
>>33208018
>How Fucking bad at Pokemon can you be

You are using the same logic as the people that were saying that Mega Garchomp was going to be broken

Mega Garchomp is better than Abilityless item Regigigas, because is stronger, has MUCH better STABs (Ground Dragon vs Normal), much better coverage, acess to SD and an ability (situational, but is something)

And is still shit

Regigigas willl be trapped in BL Hell at best
>>
>>33205158

Awesome for EQ spam in VGC or to switch in into predictable moves with no problem, very strong but won't ruin the meta.
In singles: it destroys the meta.

>Offensive Eviolite
Don't do that

Defiant and competitive are awesome abilities with poor distribution for a reason. You specifically don't want this in VGC where 7 teams every 10 has an intimidate mon.

No
>>
>>33208174
>much better coverage
Literally wrong. Nice speed tier, M Chomp.
>>
>>33206812
>Doesn't learn Protect
>Gets fucked by Intimidate spam
>Dumb muscle that happens to learn Wide Guard, one of its few decent support moves

Nope, Bewear is better in almost every way. Not getting Protect is fucking crippling even if you don't have to wait out the Slow Start.
>>
>>33205158
How about an Eviolite that gives 2nd stage pokemon a 1.3 boost in everything and a baby or first stage pokemon a 1.5 boost in everything, except HP for both.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.