[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PWT Hints

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

File: ch.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ch.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
Cynthia in Undella Town, BW1
"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"

BW2 PWT happens

SM Kukui
"I've always valued our old traditions here in Alola, but it's time to make a Champion the whole world will recognize!"
"To think that, someday, the kiddos in Alola will be able to go from being the island challenge champion to the world Champion! And then, when we have our own Champion, they can show the rest of the world what's so special about Alolan Pokémon and their Trainers, yeah!"

Kukui clearly wants the whole world to recognize Alola so wouldnt surprise me if in USUM the league is there but Kukui builds PWT through the course of main game instead. Thats why he mentions "world champion"

Also Dexio in Battle Tree
"Terrific! I hope you'll put victory and defeat on the line against the Kalos Champion!"

I guess you could say he wants us to visit Kalos and battle Diantha someday but why wouldnt he say so then? It sounds like jhe's expecting us to battle Kalos champion there and then in Alola

PWT in USUM?
>>
I hope so OP
>>
>>33202318
PWT was a lame excuse to skimp out on a real postgame. BW2 was a mistake.
>>
>>33202318
>jhe
>>
>>33202318
Gamefreak is lazy, PWT won't happen especially after Masuda himself said that they aren't going to focus on the postgame
>>33202350
You're trying to hard at baiting
>>
>>33202365
>Masuda himself said that they aren't going to focus on the postgame
No he said they didn't but in the battle frontier because it wouldn't be appreciated enough. If they weren't focusing on postgame we wouldn't have gotten the delta episode and UB quest.
>>
File: feels_bad_man_3.jpg (95KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
feels_bad_man_3.jpg
95KB, 563x364px
>>33202318
I fucking hope, but I don't expect it
>>
>>33202318
For the love of Arceus, stop theoryfagging so much
>>
>>33202401
Nothing wrong with that, hype season is a time for speculation and theories, I'd take these types of threads over "leak" threads any day. At least these bring discussion.
>>
>>33202388
You're right, but Battle Frontier is a post game battle facility, just like PWT, which is RIP.
>>
>>33202401
>>33202412
Yep, theories > "leaks" > shitposting

>>33202318
Also as Cynthia says "every few years", its been exactly 5 years since PWT, its a good time and opportunity for round 2
>>
>>33202447
Come to think of it I wouldn't mind PWT being every other gen, that it won't get stale and it would have more than ~10 new characters.
>>
nice theory I'd say, I hope it's true because it's not really unnatural for gamefreak to hint at future content with in-game dialogue
>>
>>33202401
>Says "for the love of Arceus"
>wants other people to stop doing cringey/stupid shit
wew lad
>>
File: 1440383972756.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1440383972756.gif
2MB, 540x304px
I would like to add op that the "third" game has the better Battle facility:

Crystal had battle tower,
Emerald had Battle frontier,
Platinum Had a new battle frontier,
and B2W2 had PWT.

We haven't got a "proper", battle facility yet because there were no third games last gen just remakes, and like HGSS it borrowed the BF of the previous game XY.
>>
>>33202496
maybe also because they didnt feel like they had enough time to made a 3d frontier for oras

(or because the 3ds can barely handle even a double battle)
>>
File: 21.png (1MB, 1084x720px) Image search: [Google]
21.png
1MB, 1084x720px
Really, bringing back the PWT wouldnt be much for Gamefreak at all if you think about it

This is a third version coming off the main titles, that means for the first time since BW2, they dont have to create a new story, new pokemon, new graphics engine or remake a full game from scratch, all they're spending the entire time doing is improving and building upon Sun/Moon

For PWT, their teams, strategies, and dialogue are all already set in BW2,
Music exists for everyone from various games.
Literally all thats left is character models, which only need to be made for Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova with the rest just being updated to fit the non chibi style, as well as giving some older characters some new mons (like say Misty gets a Wishiwashi or Blaine gets a Turtonator)

It's even in GFs best intrest to do this since this way the character models can be future proofed like the pokemon themselves were, and future updates to their designs can be done easily since the base models exist

Also, we never saw the Kalos leaders with full rematchable teams, and the Hoenn leaders couldnt be rematched in ORAS, it would be a good way for GF to wrap up the 3DS saga by bringing them back and letting us challenge them at full power

BW2 did the same thing for the Sinnoh leaders, but we never got a third version to rematch them like platinum
>>
>>33202479
Yeah, that makes sense. Having about 20 more characters from Kalos and Alola is better than just 9 more

>>33202496
I really hope so. They need something extra since this is just an upgrade
>>
File: possible USUM leaks.jpg (142KB, 1332x479px) Image search: [Google]
possible USUM leaks.jpg
142KB, 1332x479px
>>33202318
PWT is already practically confirmed and a battle factory too!
>>
File: I1CLbBW.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
I1CLbBW.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>33202318

It could give the player protagonist a really great story too

He moves from his home region to Alola, having to leave his friends and give up his dreams of being the very best like no one ever was since theres no league in Alola, until he is noticed by Tapu Koko and learns about the World Tournament and first Alolan League from Kukui and Hala,
He trains hard, battles the Aether Foundation, stops the Ultra Beast Invasion and conquers each of the island challenges, and proves himself worthy of becoming Alola's first champion for the tournament where he's become strong enough to compete with the best them.

This is what fulfills Kukui's dream, of seeing the Alola region recognized as the strongest trainers in the world gather together to duke it out with Alola's very own champion

It's like the perfect realization of Pokemons core "I wanna be the very best" theme
>>
>>33202721
I distinctly recall someone in BW/BW2 saying the World Tournament happens every 5 years

>BW2 came out in 2012
>>
>>33202698
I mean, they did over 80 human 3d models for SM

PWT would need 60 more (if we just count gym leaders and champions excluding Red, Blue and Cynthia who already are in SM).

Thats really not that hard.
>>
I prefer them to be seprete for variety but they could combine it and the Battle Frontier in one, like give the PWT a rentals tournament, give it a "Palace mode", an "Arena Mode" etc.
Battle Pyramid and Pike could be in different places,

Also, they shoud give it an Inverse Battle mode
>>
GF said in an interview that Alola was partially chosen to be based on Hawaii because the Pokemon World Championships are often held there,

Maybe in USUM, Alola is chosen to be the next site of the World Tournament, and since they dont have gyms or a League, Kukui decides that now is the best time to build one, thus kicking off the main story
>>
I don't give a shit about nostalgiawank cameos, I want fun gameplay shake ups like the Emerald Frontier. Preferably new good ones.
>>
File: 1501816938185.jpg (598KB, 1262x2220px) Image search: [Google]
1501816938185.jpg
598KB, 1262x2220px
>>33202365
Reminder that Unno is directing this game

>>33202350
>Black Tower/White Forest
>Underwater Ruins
>Poke Star Studios
>Battle Subway
>A lot of the legendaries are catchable, in unique and different ways from each other
>Literally Half of the Region left to explore

And of top of that, the PWT has a lot of stuff to do

Nice bait anon
>>
>>33203794
What's your source on Unno directing? I thought that was just a fan theory because his Twitter header updated or something.
>>
>>33203816
We don't know who's directing, but I just hope it isn't Ohmori.
>>
>>33202493
It was bait, I like to rplace god with Arceus cause it triggers people.

>>33202447
Leaks = theories <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< shitposting.
>>
>>33203845
I'd prefer Ohmori over Masuda
>>
>>33202750
I'm curious, how much was that talked about here once USUM was revealed? Is the consensus here that it might have some weight to it?
>>
>>33202318
You're talking about Dragon Ball Super levels of escalation
>>
>>33204401
If there's on thing Gamefreak loves, it's Dragonball
>>
>>33203816
Both his twitter and his work bio pn the gamefreak blog or something similar were updated with an USUM header. Twitter I could see for promotional reasons, but the other is relatively obscure to the general public, so I could say its a strong possibility. Not to mention SM felt like one big tease for a Takao Unno directed Alola game, along with the fact that it felt very gen 5.

What I mean is that like BW, I think SM had him involved in a big way without being advertised or mentioned with the okay from Ohmori, so that USUM has enough of his own groundwork to build on for his own concepts. Like Colress was way too random compared to the other cameos to not go somewhere, thw battle tree with some redesigns and some retreads felt like test work for a PWT 2.0 with more work put into it etc.

Most importantly, this is likely why gen 6 felt so disjointed. Emerald and platinum despite having other directors probably still had major work done on them by Masuda, and Gen 5 despite not being fully planned from the start more then likely was overseen heavily by Unno so that the 3rd games could blend easily together with BW. XY and ORAS on the other hand? Ohmori was being groomed, ORAS was being planned, but they fell flat on a lot of the plot threads, didn't convince us as well as FRLG HGSS that the remake region and the generationa region had any real connection between em, and more then ever felt like 2 entirely different teams worked on them for the first time in the same gen.

Basucally, Unno makes a lot sense because SM despite being an Ohmori game had a lot of Unno underneath, probably so the games can gel well together like previous gens, and they are slowly getting their shit together, hopefully.
>>
>>33202350
REEEEEEE
SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME
>>
>>33202861
I could see them doing this for a long time
Even gen:On new console, remakes after first games
Odd gen:Second gen on console,sequal/alternate game, pwt & possible extra battle facility
>>
>>33206079
It could be cool as a once per system deal,

Both BW2 and USUM are the last games of their respective consoles, so they could do a PWT every final game to celebrate
>>
>>33203794
>battle tower reskin with a maze element
>available during the maingame, not postgame, anyone who calls this postgame is a retard
>see above
>see above again
>barely even remotely real postgame, you might as well say the ORAS legendary hunt was decent postgame
>cutting off shit that was easily accessible in BW1 for absolutely no reason whatsoever then selling it back as "postgame", basically the same thing as leaving a game unfinished and selling the rest as DLC except you don't pay a second time, also "WE'RE DANCING FOR NO REASON!"
>PWT was just the Battle Dome but with characters that nostalgiafags can jack off to
>calling it "a lot of stuff to do"
BW2's postgame was garbage
>>
I remember how you could download some teams to battle in the PWT as events, including some world championships players
They should do that but this time just open the floodgates,
They should let us share our own teams via QR codes like secret bases in oras so we can save and hold our own custom tournaments built up from real teams and people
>>
>>33203794
The legend hunt was marginally above the ORAS one. The Latis at the Dreamyard are the only extra special scenario, and in pure number of legends ORAS has it beat.

Also it was more like a third of the region as postgame and it was pretty much untouched from BW1 not even two years prior, which wasn't really a good thing. The reason BW2 Unova is better is the new areas in the story are all head and shoulders above the the ones in BW1's, except the areas foolishly tied to BW1's postgame which are used in BW2's maingame and Chargestone Cave.
>>
>>33206286
Nice baito
>>
File: pokemon_miror_b_by_aelamas.png (131KB, 512x938px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_miror_b_by_aelamas.png
131KB, 512x938px
>Gamecube VC potentially coming for Switch, so they'll wanna build hype for potential rereleases early
>Members of Genius Sonority work at GF now
>Alola fits his pokemons style
>Battle Tree trainers in Sun/Moon use his Ludicolo strategy
>Wanderer class implies he goes wherever he wants

Let the music play

It's his time now
>>
>>33203564
They could do a frontier/PWT mix

Like its still PWT but each region has its own facility
Kanto Tower (kinda like silph co)
Johto Pavillon (kinda like the towers in Ecruteak and Violet)
Hoenn Hot Spring
Sinnoh Marsh
Unova Big Stadium
Kalos Chateau
Alola Tree

Would be neat
>>
>>33206557
I can see that happening, You beat every facility once like the gym leader tournament, and then you unlock the "actual" PWT where you fight them all in one cup like the World Leaders and then you can take on the Champions there
>>
File: 1501515004593.png (72KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1501515004593.png
72KB, 625x626px
>>33202350
>>
File: 1501514367552.jpg (28KB, 680x445px) Image search: [Google]
1501514367552.jpg
28KB, 680x445px
>>33206286
>>
>>33206610
That would be insanely good

Not sure if GF gives a fuck though
>>
>>33206541
No, thanks
>>
>>33202318
Gamefreak couldn't be bothered to add a battle frontier, what makes you think they'll redo the PWT?
>>
>>33208570
Its a lot easier to make? Its one facility, not 7 or 5. All they need to do is to create the character models and update their Pokemon and movesets. Pretty easy.
>>
>>33206432
>available during the maingame, not postgame, anyone who calls this postgame is a retard
he has a point there
>>
>>33208570
Well they need some extras to promote the game with.
>>
>>33203847
t. Nigger
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.