[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which pair of games were better? X and Y or Sun and Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (282KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
282KB, 1024x658px
Which pair of games were better? X and Y or Sun and Moon?
>>
red&blue
>>
depends on your priorities

XY has better level design and multiplayer connectivity, SM has better PvE balance and characterization, just to name some major ones
>>
>>33197970
Hard to choose. I'd probably pick XY if you want to replay the games and play online more often. Otherwise SM.
>>
>>33197970
Megas was the worst thing to happen to pokemon games while removing megas while the best thing to happen to pokemon games, you guess.
>>
XY. They're underwhelming, subpar games. SM are a disaster.
>>
X and y

Inb4 someone says. "Wow you faggots hated on x and y for longest time. The Zelda effect is real"

X and y is still trash but sun and moon is even worse.
>>
>>33197970
XY were bad, but their dex was 50% larger. 300 mons versus 450. that means SM dropped 150 pokemon from the dex. 70ish new pokemon, so they just cut 80 pokemon out for no real reason.
to me that tells you all you need to know.
>>
>>33197970
Both of them are shit.
>>
File: 1500304336503.png (133KB, 1049x550px) Image search: [Google]
1500304336503.png
133KB, 1049x550px
>>33197970
>literally the talonflame of super smash bros
>>
>>33198086
Except Based Borb of Priority isn't fucking useless post-nerf
>>
sun and moon had a better story and characters
XY had better online and post game junk for grinding
>>
>>33197970
Xy
>>
>>33199498
100% this. ONLY the story was better in S/M.

Removing battle modes, removing more accurate control schemes, removing any semblance of decent leveling, removing the bike (which was a way to go fast without using both hands constantly to hatch Eggs), removing even the option to use HMs as field moves rather than leaving them as an option...

All outweight the very minor improvements made to game play otherwise.

And that's without even getting into the fact that they've ditched so many features from past games to begin with before even reaching X/Y.

And so far seem to continue to do so. Again not keeping contest despite OR/AS having them again and possibly having ditched Mega Evolution (if US/UM don't have any when they should - Z moves have had their time in the sun - it's pretty safe to consider it ditched).
>>
>>33201503
Oh, and you can't forget the whole hour of handholding which even held the story back from what it could've been and destroyed any semblance of exploration.
>>
>>33197970
Sun and Moon for me, but it's always gonna depend on what people prioritized in the games

XY are forever gonna remained marred by not having any follow-up game(s) to fix them, but SM still have a chance to shine with USUM
>>
>>33201527
remain*

I think both pairs had their pros and cons either way. I'd want to return to Kalos as well, even if it meant it just being a third version, as long as it'd improve XY
>>
Sun and Moon's story was way better.

But XY had a better Pokedex (both new and old) and Megas were more interesting than Z-Moves.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.