[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I invented Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Satoshi Tajiri.png (1MB, 683x1786px) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi Tajiri.png
1MB, 683x1786px
>I invented Pokémon
>>
>hating on the emperor of /vp/
DELETE THIS SHIT RIGHT FUCKING NOW
>>
Tajiri makes me sad. He clearly has a true passion for game design, looking at his early career. I can't imagine that he would feel like Pokémon fully realized his vision with how limited the technology was.

Yet after GSC he does nothing but executive produce which is a fancy name for "does nothing and collects paycheck".

I would have loved to see him grow and push the boundaries of the series like Yuji Horii, Sakaguchi, Ishii, and even his own idol Miyamoto, but he just checked out after GSC and like those guys is now too old to still have that magic he used to.

We all know Pokémon is wasted potential but nowhere is it more of a shame than with Satoshi Tajiri.
>>
>>33196238
We barely know anything about the dude or how the games' dev cycles really work. I don't doubt that there's truth to what you're saying, but really, Game Freak as a whole are pretty reclusive and secretive, and Tajiri even more so.
>>
>>33196238
What is Satoshi Tajiri even doing nowadays?
>>
File: 1494713774540.gif (499KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1494713774540.gif
499KB, 500x373px
>>33196339
Just spending money on autistic items
>>
>>33196319
I feel like I remember at least one interview from years ago asking Tajiri what his role was and he said something like "nowadays I mostly just give suggestions, and answer questions from the designers".

We also do know he was a primary programmer on the first games, because his team was basically just him and Nintendo didn't really understand what kind of game he was trying to make, so they got people leftover from EarthBound and some HAL Labs folks to help him finish the game.

>>33196339
Publicly, nothing beyond being executive producer and giving the occasional interview, and I don't think he even does those anymore.

He definitely deserves to retire and do what he wants, I just feel like we missed out on someone who could have been a big deal to JRPGs. Pokémon RGB don't get enough credit for some of the really smart design decisions they had because everyone talks about how they're primitive or buggy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.