[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/, what is your opinion on Smogon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: zracknel-beta.png (88KB, 451x507px) Image search: [Google]
zracknel-beta.png
88KB, 451x507px
>>
It's elitist garbage.
>>
>>33195104
They're cancerous douchebags who think themselves better than anything because they operate a fanfic meta nobody with a life gives a single fuck about.
>>
>>33195463
fpbp this
>>
>>33195486
Now that's shitposting
>>
Smogon is pretty meh. "Do this. That set is garbage. Don't use this. Follow our format." They think they are top shit.
>>
>>33195104
never bothered with it since I don't like tiers
>>
>>33195104
a pack of elitist hyenas. but they help balance the game more than gamefreak ever could.
>>
>>33195104
good rules, bad fanbase at times but that's probably because pokemon is autistic
>>
>>33196464
I agree with this fellow.
>>
>>33196180
I sincerely hope this is bait.

Nobody is forcing you to use anything you fucking tool. They just suggest optimal sets based on their data. You're free to use your shitass ingame team, then complain when you lose while still acting like you're better than everyone. At least you can play lower tiers so you don't get completely stomped by Lando and friends.
>>
>>33195104
they are autismos who ban everything that is too hard for them to defeat in a fair battle
>>
They at least have a set for following the official VGC rules, so they're not completely a lost cause.
>>
>>33197194
It's not fair if you don't win :^)
>>
>>33195104
A lot of competitive communities for Nintendo games actually make up their own rules (Smash Bros for example) and Pokemon is no exception. Smogon tries to make competitive Pokemon as balanced as possible, by dividing different mons into tiers based on how much people use them (the same thing is done in Smash). The vast majority of Smogon players play their format on their simulator, not on cart. The community itself is hot garbage but the community for any competitive game is hit garbage. People don't like Smogon because they either don't understand it, or they are frustrated that they can't win against good Smogon players.

>>33195463
>>33196180
They support every avaable format invluding VGC and Battle Spot on the simulator that THEY PAY FOR, so this argument makes no sense.

>>33195473
>they have no life
t. 12 year old on xbox live

>>33196180
Well they're a competitive community, for one they don't force you to use their sets or formats, and secondly they're just trying to win? At the end of the day people want to win so yeah they're going to use the most optimal sets.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.