[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Nintendo reveal the Switch Mini once Gen VIII comes around?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (238KB, 880x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
238KB, 880x398px
Will Nintendo reveal the Switch Mini once Gen VIII comes around?
>>
I just want them to "reveal" free online.
>>
Most likely op
>>
hopefully. I'm not paying 5 million bucks for a machine which I'll only use to play pokemon
>>
5 million?
I payed only 469
>>
A Switch XL/Pro that makes the Switch stronger seems more likely at first, then near the second half of its lifespan we'll get a Mini/Handheld-only version.
>>
>>33194743
The switch is already huge.
>>
>>33194716
I hope so. I'm looking at buying a Switch rn, but I might wait just because it's higher than the base price everywhere I look. I'll probably end up purchasing a revised version in the future though, anyway.

>>33194723
Also this. I understand why they have you pay for online, but... I don't like it.
>>
>>33194756
And not many people will buy a "pro" version.
>>
>>33194723
Not all games will require paid online. They've said this before.
>>
>>33194716
>sub $200
Why do gamers have absolutely no idea how economies of scale work?

I remember all the Sonyfags when the Wii U was out saying "$149 with a game and I'll consider buying it". Just complete delusion.
>>
>>33194735
>"only"
>>
>>33194716
Knowing Nintendo, they will reveal something like New Nintendo 2DSWITCH XL
>>
>>33194789
And the Wii U was such a success past its first year
>>
>>33194789

This. It would not be cheaper. All of the expensive components are in the tablet and downsizing it wouldn't make it cheaper to produce.
>>
>>33194789
If they had side-lined the gamepad and made a $149 controller-only variant it would have sold way better than it did.

The expensive, clunky and damn near useless gamepad is what killed the Wii U.
>>
I'm a Sony fag who only buys Nintendo systems for Pokemon

Hope they come out with something cheaper. I don't care about any other Nintendo franchise. So paying 299 just to play Pokemon isn't viable
>>
>>33194829
This.

Removing the joycons might cut the price a bit, but making it smaller would only balance out the extra cash you save by doing that.
The dock is just a piece of plastic with a wire stuck in it.
>>
>>33194789
I feel like that number comes from 2 things: 1.) the 3ds had a very distinct drop in price via hardware revisions too, with it starting at 250 smackers and then dropping to current 2ds 80 bucks (this ignores that it's been like 6 years, but still.) 2.) The Switch has several add-ons prepackaged with it; the Joy-Cons, the dock, the Joy-con grip, for example. Nintendo is pricing a second dock at like 90 bucks iirc, the grip for like 30 bucks, and new Joy-cons at 80 bucks. Subtract that from the price and you can se their logic.

It's wrong, of course, because of the time involved, the more complicated hardware, the fact that the controllers are built into the system, and the fact that they're all overpriced as-is, but the logic is there.
>>
>>33194810
>Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
>>
>>33194837
But all of the tech in the joy cons would have to be put into the mini for compatibility, so you wouldn't even have that price cut.
>>
>>33194716
I want the Switch mini to have a clamshell
>>
>>33194779
Yeah, but they haven't confirmed that for pokemon either.
>>
>>33194865
How would that work? Go back to the SP design?
>>
>>33194864
I was thinking in terms of their fancy icecube simulator thing.
Regardless, they can either release a cheaper version or a smaller version in a few years due to the price of tech going down over time, but both is highly unlikely.
>>
>>33194883
That's just their marketing way of demoing the improved rumble.
>>
Think, nvidia shield portable.
>>
>>33194878
I wouldn't mind. Just give it 3d sliders like the 3ds too to allow it to fold flat.
>>
>>33194759
It's $20 a year ffs.
>>
>>33194716
>calling it a switch
>cant even switch to anything
>>
>>33194913
It would still be dock compatible, so it could still Switch between handheld and tv console.
>>
>>33194913
Brand recognition.
>>
File: 1494279661247.jpg (30KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1494279661247.jpg
30KB, 400x381px
>>33194716
I actually wouldn't mind a smartphone size portable console specially if it has a better screen and processor
>>
>>33194759
>I understand why they have you pay for online
I don't considering Splat2n is fucking peer to peer 12tick
>>
>>33194716

that's not how it'll work...

they'll have to make a legit handheld successor to the 3ds. just making a switch smaller doesnt make it a cheap alternative..it might actually be more expensive.

in other words, the switch needs a retarded true handheld cousin, not a mini version of itself that "seems" gimped.

then we can start talking about the pkmn franchise actually truly moving from the 3ds
>>
>>33194982
>then we can start talking about the pkmn franchise actually truly moving from the 3ds
How's the weather over there in Egypt?
>>
>>33194816
wasn't cuz of the price
>>
>>33194876
Free trade. Paid battle.
>>
>>33194716
>Mini Switch
LMAO keep telling you yourself that
>>
>>33194723
>Can't pay 20 dollars a year for an online service
Poorfags, will they ever learn?
>>
>>33196216
Online services aren't worth the price, but that's what you buy into when you get a console, which are already cheap price gouging machines.

Everyone asked for Nintendo to be more like Sony and Microsoft, so they answered and now people are reaping what they sowed.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.