[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What allured you to pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1316035764932.jpg (983KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1316035764932.jpg
983KB, 1366x768px
>hero drought so bad that boys in class are talking about rugrats and winnie the pooh
>read in nintendo power that a show and game about monsters is debuting
>eagerly watch in excitement as there is a show about warrior monsters who fight one another
>I enjoy the series but I get disappointed time after time (game is dated even for back then, show is about bullshit trainners instead of saving the world, etc.)
>also I really disliked the fact that they only said their names

I think the movie was the kicker
>instead of monster battle mayhem, we got out bitched out protagonist screaming "stop it mewtwo"
> faggot hansen music
>and a bullshit message
Tbh the clones should have been mauled by the originals

>i thoroughly enjoyed gold though
>the anime was the same stale shit though
>Digimon was honestly want I wanted in an anime more so with life or death scenarios and monsters that could actually talk

I think I ultimately lost interest around r/se
>started playing jrpgs in between gens
>everyone of these games seemed to be of higher quality
>started watching subbed anime and completely stopped watching anime on tv
>When I saw r/s/e on gamespot way back when, I was actually disappointed in how it looked an skip it entirely
>took a look at colosseum, I ultimately knew I was done.

I tried to get back in around D/P
>Heard there were new battle mechanics and tactics
>Watched the anime subbed and though it was passable
>tried D/P, it was alright but it just paled in comparison to the other games out at the time
>Takuto shit pissed me off

Nowadays I just look at the monster designs and stats, I honestly like most of them but I skip out on the games because I know it will be a mediocre experience.

Tell me what allured you into pokemon and did you stop?
>>
>>33190890
People like you were the reason why Pokemon changed so drastically in gen 3. The aggressive designs, the high-stake plots... they wanted the Digimon audience.
>>
File: CLLoqKXWoAAhXDU.png (293KB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
CLLoqKXWoAAhXDU.png
293KB, 498x373px
>>33190890
> Come home and turn on TV
> See one of the first episodes of pokemon
> Thought fatchu was funny for defying Ash
> Watch it regularly afterschool
> Sister and cousin get into red/blue and cards, naturally I follow along, and because the monsters looked cool.
>>
>>33190890
I dunno, I just sorta liked it the whole time, I guess Pokemania helped.
>>
>>33190890
I liked the Pokémon anime but because it was getting long I stopped watching it in mid-season 3.

Fast forward on 2008 when I didn't have internet a friend gave me some GBA ROMs and the emulator, because I finished all interesting games then I tried Pokémon Ruby. I loved it because unlike all RPGs the enemies/wild Pokémon can only be found on Tall Grass (excluding Caves and Surfing that still having random encounters). I also loved that it was like a Fighting game with RPGs elements, so I bought SoulSilver and the rest is known.
>>
>>33190890
>instead of monster battle mayhem, we got out bitched out protagonist screaming "stop it mewtwo"
> faggot hansen music
>and a bullshit message
Watching the dub
>>
You know, I always did wonder why Pokémon only say their name an drew not, you know, actual animal sounds. Why is that? Is it so kids can remember their names?
>>
>>33190890
My older brother once brought home Pokemon Blue and I watched him play it a bit. I sometimes got to play it and I started watching the anime once it became big. I feel like the first episode I saw was the Rapidash race one. Then I got my own Pokemon Blue to play, and later Yellow, Stadium, and Snap, and kept playing from there.
>>
>>33190890
I´m the same, I haven´t played a main game since HGSS and now I only look at the news. I never liked the anime.
>>
>>33191552
It was 1999 beleive it or not,
finding subs was hard back then.
>>
>sister's babysitting me
>turns on TV to get me to stop bugging her
>Ash Vs Lt. Surge
I didn't get into the games until around R/S/E though because I wasn't allowed to play video games.
>>
>>33190890
>2000
>Been watching the anime for a while
>Always wanted the real game
>Parents gave up. Bought me the games
Still hooked playing competitive VGC and watching the anime. Never stopped to this day.
>>
>>33190890
I...I've read this before
>>
>>33193459
I also remember this, at least the first line
>>
I was a 7-year-old who had no friends because his parents had split up and moved him a hundred miles from home when it hit the states. There was no avoiding me loving pokemon.
>>
>>33190890
>1997/98?
started watching the anime
>2000
played red for the first time
>2001
played crystal for the first time
and ever since then I've played the series and its spinoffs. though lately they've been getting boring. cough sun and moon cough
>>
the earliest thing i can remember is my grandma getting a couple sapphire version off ebay for me and my sister
she got to choose first and was already in mauville and i was still at the beginning
but i think i had other pokemon shit at the time so who knows
>>
I saw a turtle with cannons, assumed it was one of the bad guys. Learned you could actually get said turtle with cannons or, really, anything in the game on your side. Sold.
>>
>>33191581
Was that back when people would literally circulate vhs tapes or had people moved on to downloading online at that point.
>>
>>33193473
the guy posted it like 2 weeks ago
>>
>>33190890
Playing Ruby and Sapphire, in that order. Actually made me question the world I was playing in and made me thirsty for lore. That's why I'm still curled up in a ball wondering what kind of lore USUM will introduce next, because we have so much already.
>>
>>33190890
Why even make this thread, or post on /vp/ at all? The series obviously isn't for you.
>>
>>33190890
I remember it very vividly and distinctly
>did not know about games
>but kept seeing commercials for the show
>finally by chance getting ready for school one early morning mom sits me down to watch TV as she gets ready to take me
>the very first airing of the first episode of Pokémon
>not long after parents pick me up a red version used
>had a goddamn mew on it

I was king of recess and I have never looked back since. Avid collector of the cards (not player just collector) and still play all the new games to this day.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.