[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose these Pokemon were to get Alola Forms Ultra Sun/Moon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: johto.png (523KB, 846x727px) Image search: [Google]
johto.png
523KB, 846x727px
Suppose these Pokemon were to get Alola Forms Ultra Sun/Moon. They won't.

What typings, abilities and moves would you give them?
>>
>>33189288
>just slap the fairy type on them and call it a day xdddd
>>
>>33189288
Psychic/Flying Noctowl
Normal/Ghost Girafarig
Water Donphan

These are obligatory IMO. Don't know abput the rest.
>>
>>33189288
Grass/Fire Meganium (Enhanced Sunlight)
Fire/Water Typhlosion (Undersea Volcano)
Water/Grass Feraligatr (Tropical Swamp)

And I'm really only saying these because they'd be unexpected but still possible and interesting, as others have already done the more likely secondary typings.

>Alolan Meganium with Drought, has Flamethrower
>Alolan Typhlosion with Adaptability, has Scald
>Alolan Feraligatr with Tough Claws, has Power Whip
>>
File: qwilfish-a.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
qwilfish-a.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>33189288
Steel/Poison Qwilfish with Poison Point and Iron Barbs as its regular abilities, Water Bubble as its Hidden Ability.

New moves:
- Anchor Shot (tail shape)
- Spiky Shield (also give to regular Qwil)
- Magnet Bomb (low level steel STAB)
- Iron Head
- Iron Tail
- Metal Sound

Lose all of the water moves in its movepool except for Bubble, Bubblebeam and Aqua Jet. It obviously wouldn't have STAB on Aqua Jet but it would be an 80 BP priority move, helping make up for its middling speed. Don't give it Waterfall or Liquidation so as to not outclass Araquanid

Keep base stats the same, like A-Marowak did.

Water Bubble Qwilfish would have one weakness - ground (4x), 9 resistances,1 immunity and be immune to both burn and poison.

It could inflate its bubble when it gets sent out and it could burst when it faints
>>
Alolan Ursaring would gain no new typing. Rather it's new ability would focus on how it's adapted:
Due to berries being found easily in piles beneath berry trees, Ursaring focus less on collecting them and more lazy and passive.
Alolan Ursaring would gain Gluttony, with moves like Belch and Belly Drum. It would probably appear more friendly. Finally, it's hidden ability would be something like cheek pouch or unburden, I can't think of it yet but it should revolve around berries/items
>>
>>33189339
I bet by ice/flying noctowl, but I like the rest

>>33189288
fire/poison octillery, now based in a machine gun
water/fire quilfish now based in a lionfish
ice/electric stantler its noose now is a headlight
ursaring is perfect, not touch the bear trio
starters maybe they someday win a mega, but not a regional form

I add someones:

steel/bug shuckle
fire/grass jumpluff based in tomato berry
fighting/bug ledian
dark/electric lanturn vicious form
electric/ground quagsire based in blind cave salamanders
steel grandbull
>>
>>33189444
I love your idea, specially undersea volcan and swamp thing, but the meganium sound as heliolisk 2.0
>>
>>33189444
With Grass/Fire being a key offensive type, is an incredibly terrible typing for a Pokemon who's purpose is to be defensive/support. And they don't change base stats that much with A forms.

Still like the idea though.
>>
>>33189288
Octillery would be fire/steel
>>
>>33189288
>Meganium
Grass/Poison
>Typhlosion (based on Island Scan move Double Kick)
Fire/Fighting
>Feraligatr
Water/Steel (based on Island Scan move Metal Claw)

>Noctowl
Ground/Flying (burrowing owl)
>Girafarig
Psychic/Grass
>Qwilfish
Water/Rock
>Ursaring
Normal/Fairy (becomes a friendly "pet" bear)

>Octillery
Water/Poison
>Donphan
Water/Grass (Has a lilypad on its head that helps it swim in shallow water ie Brooklet Hill)
>Stantler
Electric

Not a good selection of mons desu. Their typing already fits their real-world counterparts perfectly.
I'd leave Qwilfish, Noctowl and Donphan as they are.
>>
File: weak.png (13KB, 432x188px) Image search: [Google]
weak.png
13KB, 432x188px
>>33189518
No worse than pure grass desu. I think the biggest Alolan stat redistribution is 20 (A-Sandslash's Sp. Atk -> Def), so if you moved 20 from its Attack to its Special Attack it'd be fine.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (8KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
8KB, 262x192px
>>33189444
>meganium finally gets the defensive typing it needs
>drought can let it run some solar beam set instead of being a stallmon
A man can dream
>>
>>33189518
thats what makes it realistic, gf fucking that up that way
>>
>>33189288
-Meganium Grass/Fire as >>33189444 said
-Typhlosion Fire/Fairy to be not a lizardon-clone
-Feraligatr Water/Ice to gain a STAB for Ice Fangs
-Noctowl pure Psychic, it losts the capacity of flying but gains more speed and less atk. Ability: no guard
- Girafarig Normal/Ghost as >>33189339
- Qwilfish Water/Steel or Steel/Poison
- Ursaring Dark pure with Tough Claws and a moon shape on its belly
- Octillery Ground pure with Protean (many octopus can camouflage)
- Donphan Ground/Fight
- Stantler Dark/Fairy with speed boost
>>
>>33189536
>Fire/Figthing Typhlosion
Another Fire/Figthing starter, with Charitard stats and still buttraped by Inferrape and Firecock, pls no. It deserves some defensive typing such as Steel, Fairy or Rock
>>
>>33189493
>I bet by ice/flying noctowl, but I like the rest

Ice alola forms are overdone (how about gamefreak make some more actual ice pkmn)

but more importantly, I'd prefer if Noctowl is saved for whenever a Sinnoh game is up next, to get a snowy owl Sinnoh-form then instead.
>>
>>33189474
>belly drum gluttony salac berry
Sounds good.
Knowing GF with the explanation you gave they'd give it Truant
>>
>>33189536

>grass/poison
>fire/fighting

definitely need more of these
>>
>>33189288
Why do retards like you think they'd ever give Alola forms to starters?
>>
>>33189288
>Noctowl
>Psychic/Ghost
>Now looks more purple and blue with a tiki-like face.
>+++SpA, +SpD
>-Atk, -Def, -Spe
Noctowl's nocturnalism combined with a latent psychic aptitude allowed it to harness the Alola region's potent moonlight and confer with ancient spirits of the night. These spirits have used Noctowl as a vessel, drastically increasing the potency of its attacks. However, Noctowl's newfound reliance upon its supernatural abilities has significantly weakened its physical strength, forcing it to rely upon psychic powers to fly.
>>
>Octillery
>Water/Fire
>SpA++
>Spe--
Octillery have harnessed the power of underground volcanoes to increase the potency and spice up their attacks. They sit atop underwater volcanoes, and shoot out fast streams of lava at prey. Their habitual lack of movement and swimming when compared to their non-alolan counterparts has crippled their speed, however.
>>
>>33189577
>le slap fairy on anything meme
It can be literally anything other than fairy. How about water or ground?
>>
Ursaring
Normal/fire
Based on a Sun Bear (because Ursaring is already moon themed)
>>
>Ursaring
>Normal/Fire
>Switch Atk with SpA, +Spe
>-SpD, -Def
When Ursaring were first introduced to alola, they thrived upon the region's rich supply of berries. This all changed when Ursaring delved too deep into the forest and into Bewear territory. Bewear began beating the Ursaring back with super effective attacks. This led Ursaring to pick out spicy berries and eat those exclusively, ingraining the berries' fiery essence into their dna. This caused the Ursaring to be able to fight back against the Bewear, many of whom were weak to fire. Bewear and Ursaring still do not get along.
>>
>>33189805
It already has like no speed, take away from attack instead so it actually has a decent special attack. Volcano theme is good though, could have a conical head
>>
>>33189892
min maxing makes things objectively better. I didn't want to make it objectively better.
>>
>>33189288
>they wont
You will see
>>
>>33189501
Fuck the Smogonfags
>>
File: Drawing (4).jpg (36KB, 450x419px) Image search: [Google]
Drawing (4).jpg
36KB, 450x419px
>>33190024
You can distinguish between them in other ways. Octillery's main appeal is its ridiculous movepool. If A-Octillery were to have a more restricted movepool (that is, no ice beam/bullet seed/charge beam/gunk shot/energy ball), you'd be trading unpredictability for predictability. You could reflect that in its abilities, getting rid of Moody and replacing it with something like Inner Focus.

Even if you were to move the highest precedent thus far (20) from attack to Special Attack, Attack would be its second highest stat. That isn't minmaxing. If anything, taking from its speed is minmaxing because that's the stat Octillery cares least about
>>
I'm not sure what I'd do with Octorilley in terms of an Alolan form, but I'd definitely give it Protean and Conversion, since octopuses are always changing their skin colour texture and shape to their environment and warfare is always evolving.
It works on both of it's design levels.
>>
>Noctowl
Ghost/Flying
Shadow Tag

>Girafarig
Psychic/Ghost
Rattled
OR
Normal/Ghost
Simple

>Qwilfish
Water/Steel
Corrosion

>Ursaring
Keeps Normal typing
Fur Coat

>Octillery
Water/Electric
Motor Drive

>Donphan
Grass/Ground
Dry Skin

>Stantler
Ice
Simple
Atk and SpAtk are switched

>>33189444
These are great, would change Feraligatr to Infiltrator though
>>
>>33189518
>terrible typing for defensive pokemon
>said typing only has 3 weaknesses
>>
>>33189288

I want a Water/Fire Donphan or Water/Fire Octillery.

just give me some water/fire types that aren't legendary.

also Ice/Flying Noctowl and a longer necked Girafarig would be cool.
>>
>>33189461
underrated
>>
>>33189461
Is it based off anything in particular? I mean I like the design ans giving qwilfish a buff but it's so specific being in a bubble and with the weird shaped tail. Just seems like an excuse to make all these moves and ability no longer exclusive to one pokemon and to fill an unused type combo.
>>
>>33189288
Water/Poison Octillery modelled after a blue-ringed octopus
>>
>>33189288
Most of these would just be what seem like the obvious typings to give them.

Fairy/Grass or Grass/Rock Meganium - Regular Apatosaurus appearance, much larger than normal Meganium.

Ground/Fire or Ground/Electric Typhlosion - Always on all fours, tunnels. The electric alternative would use fluffy fur to create static electricity.

Water/Dark Feralgatr - Jaw and teeth get bigger, goes on all fours.
or
Dark/electric Feralgatr- 20ft tall kaiju/Godizilla homage with glowing back spikes and dark scales.

Psychic/Flying Noctowl - Basically just what it should have been. Make its eyes look like Hoot-hoots again, maybe make its body round and fat again.
Dark/normal or Dark/Psychic Reverse Girafarig
Water/Ground or Water/Grass Donphan - First would look muddy, second would look more like a real elephant with a big leaf across its back.

The rest don't seem obvious to me at all.
Fire/Water or Steel/Water Octillery - Make its mouth longer?
Ghost or Ice Stantler - Muh Patronus reference
Steel/Poison or Flying/Poison Qwilfish (floats like a balloon)

Now for my favorite one I came up with:
Bug/Fighting Ursaring - It has Combee/Beedrill hives on its fists like boxing gloves and a bit redder skin and fur. Maybe give it some welts, bit I think that would look too ugly. Other than parasites there don't seem to be many chances to give bug typing.
>>
>>33192277
Remoraid/Octillery should've been Steel/Water type with an ability that gives STAB on all bullet moves.
>>
>>33191316
it also gives octillery stab on every move, and octillerys coverage is massive
>>
>Meganium
Rock/Psychic (Fossilmon style, I also always thought it should be a Psychic-type for whatever reason.)
>Typhlosion
Water/Fire (geyser)
>Feraligatr
Dark/Fighting (Not really sure why but I think it would be able to pull it off.)
>Noctowl
Ice/Psychic (Snowy owl obv)
>Girafarig
Normal/Dark (just make the colors swapped between the front and the back but otherwise don't change anything desu)
>Qwilfish
Steel/Poison (More like a depth charge or w/e than it is rn)
>Ursaring
Psychic/Fairy (more passive and more directly based on a moon bear)
>Octillery
Ground/Steel (now faster, based on a tank more than artillery)
>Donphan
Grass/Water (inspiration from Phosphatherium)
>Stantler
Normal/Psychic (White stag)

Not happy with Donphan and these were just quick but w/e
>>
>>33189288
>Alolan-Octillery
Water/Steel
Its a liquid metal octopus that can change the shape of its "barrel" to fit the needs of the attack
Unique mega-launcher as ability that lowers the attack boost gained by mega-launcher but improves accuracy of the same moves. Lore about how they can fit into anything and frequently find their way into the faucets of houses that are near the shore.

>Alolan-Donphan
Same typing, give it water compaction and a sharp boost to speed. Lore about how it can spin so fast that it can travel over water, and how herds of Donphan will travel between the islands looking for their favorite berries and roots, and how islanders use them to plow fields.

>Alolan-Ursaring
Normal/Fighting
Make them a bit fatter, notably shorter, lighter brown, longer arms and claws. Less speed, higher attack.
Lore about how they make their territory in areas that Donphan frequent, because their activity turns up the topsoil, making for rich "orchards" that the Ursaring "cultivate". They picked up fighting type to stand up against Bewears, and use their lower center of gravity and longer arms to trip them up.
>>
>>33189288
>>33192516
>Alolan-Noctowl
Ground/Flying, basically its a ground owl. Imagine if Noctowl kept hoothoots body shape. Lore about how they were brought in as pets but have done so well that they've adapted to the islands. They have the same color variants as the Oricorio but no type change.

>Alolan-Qwilfish
plot twist: normal Qwilfish exist in alola and haven't really changed
>Domesticated Alolan-Qwilfish
Psychic/Electric, mostly similar design except color changes and its surrounded in a large sphere of sorts with arcs of electricity coming out of its spikes, ending at the bubble. Just imagine one of those plasma balls and you've generally got the idea. Lore about they were once used as guardians by the ancient alolans, but are so difficult to own and care for that only wealthy enthusiasts have them.

I'm trying to avoid going lol fairy/dark
>>
>>33192588
Also A-qwilfish would be min/maxed in favor of specials, and would have a contact damage ability as well as prankster
>>
>>33189288
>Meganium
Grass/Fairy with Magic Bounce
>Typhlosion
Fire/Ground with Drizzle
>Feraligatr
Water/Dragon with Simple
>Noctowl
Psychic/Flying with Gale Wings
>Girafarig
Electric/Dark with Electric Surge
>Qwilfish
Poison/Steel with Merciless
>Ursaring
Fairy/Fighting with Misty Surge
>Octillery
Water/Steel with Bulletproof
>Donphan
Ground/Grass with Grassy Surge
>Stantler
Psychic/Dark with Psychic Surge
>>
Grass/Fire Meganium
>80/62/100/93/100/90

Fire/Water Typhlosion
>78/64/88/109/95/100

Water/Poison Feraligatr
>85/105/100/59/93/88
>>
grass/fairy Meganium
serene grace

Fire/ground Typhlosion
drought

Water/dragon Feraligatr
strong jaw

Psychic/Flying Noctowl
forewarn

Water/Flying Delibird
swift swim

Water/Steel Quilfish
iron barbs

Dark/--- Ursaring
tough claws

water/electric Octillery
skill link

Fire Donphan
flame body
>>
>>33191883
It leans more on the naval mine aspects of Qwilfish's design than base Qwilfish. The anchor and bubble (air) are the two things that keep mines in place. But really, there was no grand thought process, just tried to work with Qwilfish's low BST which basically meant using a strong ability.

And Anchor Shot is the only exclusive move there, Magnet Bomb was never exclusive and just fits with the mine theme, Spiky Shield hasn't been exclusive since Cacturne and Maractus got it in ORAS. (In general I think more Pokémon should get it - Sandslash, Cloyster, Jolteon, Silcoon/Cascoon - the only Pokémon that thematically should get it that I wouldn't put it on is Ferrothorn)
>>
>>33189604
>defensive fire type
>without any recovery at all
Are you high?
>rock
Okay this is bait
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.