[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the Switch will be getting all future pokemon games after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: goose.jpg (16KB, 220x301px) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
16KB, 220x301px
So the Switch will be getting all future pokemon games after USuUMo, and the switch will require a paid online subscription for things like trading and battling.

How do you think gamefreak will change up the Pokemon formula to get people to continue playing on Nintendo hardware instead of just playing on Pokemon Showdown?

Me? I personally think they are going to remove IV's, overhaul EV's, and likely change breeding so it isn't just a 'ride your bike left and right, check the stats/ability/shiny' and trash it if it sucks' minigame.
>>
They just won't charge for online.
>I personally think they are going to remove IV's, overhaul EV's
Never ever
>>
>>33187645
>Nintendo, the company that locks content behind plastic toys, won't charge online for one of the most popular games in the world
>>
>>33187678
It's not Nintendo's decision, it's Gamefreak's.
>>
>>33187678

TPC is indepentent enough that they can tell Nintendo to fuck off if Nintendo says paid online is mandatory to trade.
>>
>>33187705
And do what? Never release another Pokémon game again and have no revenue aside from fucking Pokémon GO?
>>
>>33187610
Wait, are you telling I'lll have to pay for both pokemon bank and online?
>>
I think iv will be gone in gen 8

But I have no sympathy for people who buy 199-299 systems for 1 franchise and bitch about it
>>
>>33187678
You know, the press release said that MOST online games require a subscription. Pokemob could be an exception, cause yeah, GF is probably bakksy enough to say fuck you to Nintendo. On the other hand, I can see their online subscription being used as a marketing tool, like I wouldn't mind if r Pokemon besides online I get free access to Pokemon Bank as well and other services.
>>
>>33187610
There is no way in hell GF is going to change the game that much. It would require some actual thought.

More likely instead of fixing the system itself they'll just give more workarounds like Hyper Training.
>>
>>33187610
>USuUMo
>>
they're gonna bundle the PokeBank with the switch paid online to really incentivize the subscription
>>
>>33187610
I guess they could put all trading through bank somehow but honestly I see them doing nothing to change the formula. Casuals trade and battle online too and they'll pay an online subscription because they are told to.
>>
>>33187610
>USuUMo
>>
>>33187610
>not ULTRA SUMO
>>
Nintendo themselves said paid online won't apply to all games, MHXX already won't use it if I recall right. I see Game Freak keeping the online for the games free.

I also think none of those things you mentioned will be changed. Most you'll get is Hyper Training made more accessible.
>>
>>33187610
Online won’t be charged for basic functionality
>>
>>33188482
Yeah. Its "UlSuUlMo" or "UlsuElmo".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.